Part 9: Confluence
Part 10: Allegation
Part 11: Unearthed
Part 14: Revelations
Part 15: Slip
Part 16: Full circle
Part 18: Runaway bride

Author's note

Add me to your buddy list if you need PMs.
For now, this is  a SS, delivered in parts. But it all depends on you what you want to make of this. The context or the characters are not peeled off the soap, so don't expect them to be canon.

Edited by 6th.Element - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Part 1: Fading Light

"Do you think your mom would have ever willingly come out with her memoirs? They are so intimate..."

"Well, she could have made it a lot easier on us by writing that down in her diary too, no?" she had a wry smile on.

"What do you look to gain from this book deal?"

The camera showed her pause from taking inventory of a clothes pile at her boutique and turn to face it. "Everything," she sounded resolute, with a sudden glint in her eye. 

And he touched the rewind button again to head back to the start of the interview for the umpteenth time that evening. 

Her voice, a fresh bee sting every time she spoke with that slow and measured firmness, "Everything..."

He couldn't tell what he had been doing the day of her mother, Mridhula's book release - the yesteryear actress' musings, poems and part of her diary named under 'Fading Light'. 

'Who cares?" being his first thought, disrespectfully dismissing the bewitchment the exquisite peach skinned beauty had over her fans and perhaps, still was the reason thousands of cross-eyed teenagers came in hordes to Bollywood in search of their glitzy movie dreams. He'd also then discounted the number of Aashiqs she'd made with a slow lifting of her gaze at them. When movie critics of the bygone era never failed to mention her deep luminous eyes in their reminiscing of the 70's cinema; or when starstuck reporters - smitten like fawning teenagers - still wrote sonnets over her raven hair and half parting of her lustrous lips, it was only natural that they would pour over her writing and slice it every which way to vicariously be one with her thoughts. 

But, how was he to expect that it had a dark ugly secret of his past for all to see, let alone suspect that it would slander the circumstance of his birth and allegedly claim he was a bas***d borne out of an illicit affair.

This is how it read from Mridhula's memoir.

"N's woes are her own, but I couldn't stand to be a mere observer when I know the pleasure and the guilt that comes from tasting such temptations - in this city, there are as many temptations as the number of stars on a giddying clear night sky with the same luster in its seduction. 

I warned her and yet she took those rides around Marine drive with her husband's new assistant.  "Poor fellow!" she'd told me, "he is from Shimla and doesn't know anyone in Mumbai and I get bored easily when S gets obsessed with the lighting in the room, invoking that perfection which lives in his head alone." and I had let it be thinking she was only living a little. 

But, today, she calls to tell me, she is four months pregnant from a long forgotten romp she'd had with that younger chap in her seaside villa.  

N and I are not the same, except in the weaknesses we share. She doesn't wish to grant a future to her mistakes; to her momentary impulses. 

With S's outdoor shoot for the coming months in Paris, we have decided to play his absence to our advantage. She is to fire the assistant and break up with S for that time and head to my village home. We will have the baby delivered there and hand off the new born to the chap, once back in the city. Abbu will not entertain such wanton ways, but I'm again forced to ask D to help with the settlement money that might be needed to have the matter hushed. Forever, if needed. 

N is not alone in this. But she is in her guilt and I in mine for the rest of the days we will live bearing our sins in silence. I lie and I help a wife to survive while I aid in covering up her secret motherhood. I'm another festered human"

NawabZadi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I'm so happy to see you here in MB forum😳
Will read and comment later😊
Part 2: Xtra TV

Even before a full week could pass since Fading Light's release, while he was away for a shoot in Turkey, a tabloid report had started rumors with drawn out guesses of the names involved in the memoirs, making that particular anecdote as flash news in many news channels as well.

The Venus of Indian Cinema - Mridhula's 'Fading Light' has not only been an insider look at the workings of the media shy actress' mind, her secrets and her hopes, but also a revelation in itself, giving us a passage in time to dig out the dirty secrets of many of her star studded friends. Indeed, dull nebulous wives that they were as second-hand stars, it is obvious they had their only bedroom sparks from impetuous revelry at seaside villas and adulterous affairs. It is not a farfetched theory when one claims that Mridhula's references to N in the book, is none other than her dear friend Neetu Roy, wife of the pioneer of the golden era of cinema, director Subodh Roy. And given the allusions to 'the chap' from Shimla, who was also noted as the new assistant to be 'fired' quite soon, it leads us to believe that a certain Kundra had been around that time assisting Subodh Roy for the pre-planning of his then directorial venture, the timeless 70s hit 'Love in Paris'. 

No points to any guesses on what Mr Kundra had been doing on his tea breaks. 

However, the point of interest here being the child that was abandoned in what could only be a shockingly reckless act, little anticipated from the star mother who had later given birth to two handsome sons - Pranav Roy and Samyukt Roy and died at the age of 53 from a heart condition. Or was that a chronic plaguing of her past that she'd run from?

Could it be? a little birdie at our studios asks, that the Mr Kundra from Shimla, connected with the Neetu Roy affair, be of any relation to the Siquander of box-office of our current times, who also happens to hail from the same hilly romantic town of Shimla. There is also much less of a question when our badshah's last name shares every letter with the discredited assistant.

Rishabh Kundra's history has not been an open book for us to delve into, but does this mean that the Roy's have after all left behind their uncrowned prince to once again rule the cinema of the 21st century?

Until the next cuckoo bird flies into our studios, it's Ritu Gowalkar, signing off for Xtra TV. Stay tuned...

Part 3: The Descent: His madness

As his head tilted back, he closed his eyes and rocked on in his chair, the swaying movement fanning a fresh course of disgust for his father, who had never talked about his mother, telling him that she'd died soon after his birth. No details. All that time he'd won school plays or obsessed over movies, there had been little explaining given to understand his inexplicable affinity for the reel world than the real world he lived in. His father's disinterest in the movies had only spurred him to move to Mumbai soon after his college and there he'd worked his way up from a stunt boy to the reigning super star. There had been a time he'd stood days and nights outside studios counting for a lucky sighting from a director that would bag him any role in a movie and then came days, when men and woman waited on him for that same amount of time for a single shot of him in their frame and he'd became the box-office favorite. Still is for two years in the running; the undeclared idolatry of in-numerous women of all ages. 

And all that fame and image and stardom seemed distant then, seized from him, as the re-run of her interview played on his life-size television, for the one kiss he'd stolen from her that first night he'd given her a ride. He hadn't known who she'd been - that she was Mridhula's daughter, Madhubala - but a striking familiarity had kept him close to her until day break. That one night...

Priding himself of his charima, his acting skills that came not from any of the blue blood of the old movie lineages, but from sheer passion for the art, he looked down upon those who survived under the famous shadows of their bygone parents and shared uncommonly little with their parents in both their looks and talent. However, she'd been something else. An exception when she was almost her mother. Almost! being the operative word when there was a part in there that was her own. Was it her eyes or the way her hair had tumbled down past her hips, when he'd pulled out the pin, he couldn't tell. 

Anyways, all that was utterly insignificant, because there was only one identity she had going forward: his vendetta. 

***

At night, a pressure spreads in my chest and pushes me out of the thick of slumber, with a strong ire rising up my throat that she is possibly as mindless as I was a moment ago. Or may be I was never asleep to start with and that only a dullness had pervaded over my senses to keep her thoughts at bay - to renew afresh my hatred for her. 

Then, a burn stirs under my skin. No, not the burn that a single lick of her ivory regal skin would kindle, but a burn that I will flourish to make it a boundless fire which will at end, consume her in the whole. 

When a bloodlust such as this infests you, you don't stay still until you scour the ashes and smear it over your body. Neither do you rush the kill and nor do you let this crazed thirst for revenge to be bled out of your veins. You nourish it with a discipline and indulge in the moment's details  - the slight tilt of her lips as she utters "Everything...", her knowing glint that she forsaw your moment of downfall - to be brandished into every cell of your being. 

When you have to avenge, you have to live the pain, you breathe it, you eat it and then you die with it if you have to. All until, you become revenge itself and there is nothing but you and your thoughts and actions for the love of your enemy who gives purpose to your existence. Everything else is a fading noise that comes and goes, lost to be one with the battle scores - the sound that comes with the clanging of your egos.

I do not ask for her willful surrender. A pathetic apology? Scoffing, I think, when the hunt is over, her choices are mine too.

I will show light, only to shut the blinds out and drown her in her own personal hell.

I will give a taste of water, only to trasfuse in it with the venom of my blood.

I will pour love into her heart, only to slice open the other that had filled hers with hope. 

I will not walk over her; Tsk...Tsk...Tsk...No! 

I will wade into the gaping hole of her soul, surrounding myself with her cries as my victory horns; taking her tears for souvenirs, I will walk out the other way and leave her carcass for the living dead to later pick on.

For, I'm Rishabh Kundra and as Shakespeare writes, my revenge knows no bounds. 

Credit: Thanks to Mitalee for recommending the music accompaniment for the update. 

Note: Add me to your buddy list if you need PMs.

Sunsetglow thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wow...nice...really nice...
Do continue...!😊
Updated Rishabh's part! Off for the night. 
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
love it...

his vendetta...

her turmoil...is it really true or not...

continue soon...
mandymore thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome 2 mb forum...so happy to see u here...
interstng start n rk is ready to go to any extent 4 revenge...
Serious-Beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
really awesome
loved it