Debate Mansion

Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 10

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

lets cut through your normal theatrics and evasion with goebellish asides shall we ... you know very well it was me eggy as cardamom and if you could prevail upon the dev team member to be fair and reopen that thread we shall duke it out on that thread ...until then how about less verbiage for once .. i know you dont spend ink money to scribe on here but it bothers me to read alliterative stuff that doesnt even empasise what you seem to want to say in first place and it appears as if you are trying to befuddle the readers with drivel not germane to the main grouse we both had against our respective posts .. Really if that thread  is opened up again you will with your available intellect once and for all see the error in your ways .. 

Eggo, count the number of personal attacks here. Confused
What is going on?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 5:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Eggo, since we are discussing, let us remind ourselves not use big size fonts and capital letters (forum codes) because it seems like yelling and you probably don;t intend to do so EmbarrassedEmbarrassed.
If you have complaints about threads closed, please reach the dev team as they would gladly deal with the issues. I would have no idea which thread you are particularly talking about, because I resolve the matter of personal attacks then and there and also adequately imply it to the poster when I feel offended Big smile. Only when the poster continues, I report.

Originally posted by EGGHATCHER

IN THE SPIRIT OF LETTING GO BYGONES .. SO I HOPE IN FUTURE NO ONE CRIES OVER DEV TEAMS SHOULDER BEFORE THEY RESOLVE IT AND DO SO HONESTLY REPEAT HONESTLY AND WITHOUT EMBELLISHING FACTS .. BECAUSE LIES SHOW UP GLARINGLY ONCE THE THREAD IS REVIEWED IMPARTIALLY BY A THIRD PARTY .. JUST MY POV ON RESTORING AMITY ALL AROUND

huh???
I don't know who exactly you are accusing of lying here. You once again can resolve the matter either via Dev team / via friendly communication.
I do think your capital letters and posting this message in response to my post hurls some of the comments at me.
Embarrassed Embarrassed hence I wrote. If they are hurled at me, I am willing to resolve them through the dev team/ through PM.   If the "lying comments" are hurled at someone else, please let them know Smile.

Last but not the least, in the spirit of bygones be bygones, I choose to IGNORE few.  I hope they respect my feelings and not quote me, if they have to, then atleast definitely not twist my words, and do not make personal attacks at me.   If they avoid the above, there will be no reporting required Big smileEmbarrassed.  I would love it too.. Big smile.  Quoting me will not get a response from me either and I promise not even to read what they've said.
They are more than welcome to report me whenever they feel like.

Thanks and appreciate your time.

mermaid_QT

well said QT. as always.

caps were inadvertent and i apologise if they bumped up your occular numbers.. as for who i was referring to i was referring to CB since you ask and he is back ,, welcome back from the hiatus rahul. and you for fanning fires which you seem to be doing a lot lately  and both of you hide behind abject verbosity after fuelling it more ways than one ..... listen a pm is private message not to be used as punitive measure from behind the doors as it were..and I am sure you would afford equal opportunity to both sides of arguments when such a closed post (closed by the devteam itself of courrse ) is forced to be opened up for admonishing just select persons and then closed back again without affording a dialogue from opposing sides .. The ought to be the norm in a open forum ,forum being defined as such , if amity is indeed your goal  and you dont need to migrate to another section just because you cant handle this truth ok .. and I am not getting into my defense of the said post on this thread except making a mention to this because repeat because we resolved a rather irresponsible statement by you Mqt ji about the criteria of using chat and pm for flirting , namely for sexual pleasures .. And while on the subject let me add here that you or me or no one else here has a right to police married folks either that you so emphatically mention and object to , if they chose mutually to cogitate on private chats or pm for that matter as long as either parties dont object and report on this forum to the dev team and on other chats to proper entity... In that sense I suspect you are carrying this on from an hearsey of one of your own because if it was you involved i believe the truth saying urge within you would make you spew out such names forthwith ..

chatbuster
IF-Rockerz

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged

mermaid_QT wrote:

Wow!  There were so many points to debate against to my "anti-flirting for-policing" rant!  Do not corner me now mister. Wink I agree with these.

oh i was so hoping that you'd have something for the moral policing stuff. that's my favoriteLOL

and i did give you the first line in that post- flirting NOT being harmless. though that might be a bit like mark anthony's speech misleading the killers with his famous first lineWinkLOL

Mark Antony also , rahul ,  a weasel who hid while brutus stabbed ceasar and emerged to be the lothario for his inamorata cleopatra  after the coast was clear for him to jump in Wink had he survived actium carnage i bet he would have flirted with cleo's maidservant even in the interest of variety.. Smile

afford equal opportunity to both sides of the argument? good stuff. am all for it, provided we do have both sides appear with real, not fake, identities and talk things out openly and with proper decorum. cant have one side attack freely and with impunity behind a fake id. Winkalso as long as criticism of someone's idol is not construed as "reeking of regionalism". and as long as we realize that there are far worse things in life than a joke about "ducks" which actually is related to the game of cricket. what's worse? imo, some of the really bawdy stuff (such as "stiff" etcWink). even the dhobi ka ghat for dhoni, and the gadha for gajendra singh, lines. the latter fwiw can actually be seen as casting names in an ethnically negative way. also, slinging personal info back at someone ceases to be fun after a while, especially when repeatedly used in a mocking off-topic way. what does a member's financial background have to do with the thread? someone also expressed "hurt" over a fairly light-hearted phrase used in response to their post. sorry, they felt hurt? nothing on the attacks that went on on another person? would that be a case of selective hurting?

without that kind of understanding, i am not sure i want to participate in the "discussion". cant be bothered listening to people who cant even stand up without fake IDs. if they cant have the courage of their convictions to come out in the open, then that's not exactly who i would want to deal with on an intellectual level. silly me, no?Smile

lets cut through your normal theatrics and evasion with goebellish asides shall we ... you know very well it was me eggy as cardamom and if you could prevail upon the dev team member to be fair and reopen that thread we shall duke it out on that thread ...until then how about less verbiage for once .. i know you dont spend ink money to scribe on here but it bothers me to read alliterative stuff that doesnt even empasise what you seem to want to say in first place and it appears as if you are trying to befuddle the readers with drivel not germane to the main grouse we both had against our respective posts .. Really if that thread  is opened up again you will with your available intellect once and for all see the error in your ways ..

Viewbie's Note: Due to innumerable personal attacks, I have no option but to raise your warning level. It is my humble request to you to please be polite on the forum. If your behaviour improves, we will lower your warning level.

DM Dev Team.

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 5:21am | IP Logged

Thank you for putting up the note Maryam.

Friends, lets remember that each poster has a view and is expressing his/her opinion, no matter how unpalatable. If the expression is put in a wrong fashion which we beleive is not condusive to the kind of atmosphere that is inducive of cordiality and participation of members of all ages and gender group on India Forums, such posts shall be removed and members warned.

Please do not make it a platform to vent out personal grudges.Now please continue with the posting. And discuss the topic, NOT the members. The only concern should be what they think and put across your points in a civil manner to counter those. Any posts having dubious phrases, direct or indirect attack, trolling, sexual innuendos will be removed as soon as we come to know of it

Thank you.

IF Dev Team.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 6:18am | IP Logged

Sareg, I have enjoyed debating with you.

Internet is risky business not only for children but also for adults. There are certain chat sites, which have lesser stringent rules and more freedom. Often, the signing age for such online sites is 18 and over. 

However, there are also places such as IF, where we laugh at and enjoy a casual flirt chat which is not objectionable. I partially agree with you point on why members other than DEV TEAM should not be policing. Often times, members think that as adults, they could resolve certain matters w/o running to dev team.
Dev team is not paid for their work here. They volunteer too!! Can we not act like adults and follow rules?

No self-employed moral police will make their own set of rules. Most of the times, they will ask others to stick to forum rules. In fact, they will also provide links to Dr AS's forum rules thread (The most over-ruled lately is the language rule) If a moral police (someone requesting posters to follow rules) ruins the fun most other people are having as you suggested somewhere earlier, then perhaps they are the ones at the wrong forum, not the moral police! If the forum rules are followed, there will be no offensive chat and everybody can enjoy the little flirting, the little chat and a whole lot of idea-sharing. I have gone overboard describing my lack of like for extramariatl sexual chatting and will not repeat like a broken record. Those latter in particular are just my views and they are not forced on anyone, since forum code does not speak of them. It is one's own choice what they do with their time and life!

I am existing this thread now. I have accepted and always shared many of your views. I have strong negative feelings about certain behavioursince some rules define and guide who I am as a member of IF and member of society.
I hope you understand where I was coming from and that I have tried not to offend anyone.  Apologies if you felt otherwise.

Apologies to MODS and MNMS for the intervention that was required. I did not intend that while posting my views on INTERNET FLIRTING. 

Edited by mermaid_QT - 31 March 2007 at 6:57am

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Sareg, I have enjoyed debating with you.

Internet is risky business not only for children but also for adults. There are certain chat sites, which have lesser stringent rules and more freedom. Often, the signing age for such online sites is 18 and over. 

We treat all members on the website as equals, age does not make a person mature

However, there are also places such as IF, where we laugh at and enjoy a casual flirt chat which is not objectionable.To you, for someone else it might be objectionable, that is the point here, it is everyone's defination, those are personal limits

I partially agree with you point on why members other than DEV TEAM should not be policing. Often times, members think that as adults, they could resolve certain matters w/o running to dev team.

That exactly is the point, everyone in a discussion is to be treated equal, when one trys to be adult and teach others how to be adults, they are infact putting another one down, no-one comes to the internet to listen to moral sermons, everyone has opinions, when one indulges in an act of flirting, they expect mature behaviour from everyone, the opposite party as well as bystanders, if you read my initial post carefully, that is what I said, the people flirting are on a wavelength, the moral police is the one who is unable to scale up to that wavelength, that is that moral police's fault!!

Dev team is not paid for their work here. They volunteer too!! Can we not act like adults and follow rules?

certainly, treat everyone fairly, that is where the moral police forget their responsiblity as mature adults and act like jealous crybabies, they dont have that much of moral aptitude to understand what is fun for others and try to enforce it on others.

No self-employed moral police will make their own set of rules.

Actually , read over statement again, who is a moral police, it is their morals that are getting inflicted on others

Suppose you and me are chatting, someone else comes in and says hey you cannot have this discussion here or can say it, that is that persons moral that is speaking, that person is on a moral high and is trying to impose that on others, if we were straying from rules, they would have contacted the moderators!

Most of the times, they will ask others to stick to forum rules. In fact, they will also provide links to Dr AS's forum rules thread (The most over-ruled lately is the language rule)

And if you rememberr that was my point of contention with AS, I had brought that up with Abhi that it is a Dev Team member responsibility , or else you have a lot of ordinary people masquerading as (moral)cops, Think RSS, Think VHP this is exactly what we chide them for

If a moral police (someone requesting posters to follow rules) ruins the fun most other people are having as you suggested somewhere earlier, then perhaps they are the ones at the wrong forum, not the moral police!

We are not talking about rules here, if someone flirts and a website allows it, that is in the rules

If the forum rules are followed, there will be no offensive chat and everybody can enjoy the little flirting, the little chat and a whole lot of idea-sharing.

little is a subjective term again, little for you might be too much for someone else, when it is subjective, that is where the line gets stretched or contracted, there is a report button or a email to moderator, that is what this is supposed for, more often than not, I have seen people contracting it and creating a atmosphere of inequality amongst members, causing an unrest.

I have gone overboard describing my lack of like for extramariatl sexual chatting and will not repeat like a broken record.

no idea what that is all about but now you dont want to discuss it, but that implication in the statement is wrong

Those latter in particular are just my views and they are not forced on anyone, since forum code does not speak of them. It is one's own choice what they do with their time and life!

Right on, exactly the thing I am saying this entire conversation!!

I am existing this thread now. I have accepted and always shared many of your views. I have strong negative feelings about certain behavioursince some rules define and guide who I am as a member of IF and member of society.
I hope you understand where I was coming from and that I have tried not to offend anyone.  Apologies if you felt otherwise.

QT, My thoughts and not towards you personally but at people who act as moral police and my closing remarks on this topic

I have mentioned over and over, I do not like someone giving me or someone a sermon if you are not authorized to give on, zip it. If anyone wants moral lessons, they will open up their living room door and talk to their parents or significant other or elders.

If one has a problem with a conversation, report it to the moderator or exit the thread.

Dont be a spoilsport

Dont be a crybaby

Dont be creating an environment of inequality amongst fellow members.

That momentary unavailability of a moderator turns into a life-long nightmare for the administrators and distrust amongst members.

We dont come to internet to play politics and this is what it turns into.And I deal  with a lot of politics at my workplace. I personally am re-thinking my affiliation to IF, exactly due to this reason.

We all deal with that in real life and we come to internet to have some fun. What is the harm in considering everyone else as mature adults? Why think only I am the mature adult here? For someone flirting might be a release from whatever their tensions are, for someone discussing calmly might be a release of tensions, People come to internet to have fun, get away from regular things in life, some time away from Dada/Dadi and Ekta and their sermons!!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:01am | IP Logged
I agree with all your closing remarks.

I think the moral policing we both are discussing is of different nature and I agree with your views. However, some people are bigger babies, when people press report butons at them LOLLOL so there is no win-win situation here with regards to maintaining forum decorum.

The implication of the statement about sexual chatting is related to all those offensive people who got caught in NBC's "PREDATORS" segments. You may check out youtube for that.
That was the very scenario in my mind when I started this argument Confused not IF, as I stated repeatedly in the thread wayyyy before it got personal? Confused 

I completely agree with all the belowClap

Originally posted by SAREG

I have mentioned over and over, I do not like someone giving me or someone a sermon if you are not authorized to give on, zip it. If anyone wants moral lessons, they will open up their living room door and talk to their parents or significant other or elders.

If one has a problem with a conversation, report it to the moderator or exit the thread.

Dont be a spoilsport

Dont be a crybaby

Dont be creating an environment of inequality amongst fellow members.

That momentary unavailability of a moderator turns into a life-long nightmare for the administrators and distrust amongst members.

We dont come to internet to play politics and this is what it turns into.And I deal with a lot of politics at my workplace. I personally am re-thinking my affiliation to IF, exactly due to this reason.
(so are most of us)

We all deal with that in real life and we come to internet to have some fun. What is the harm in considering everyone else as mature adults? Why think only I am the mature adult here? For someone flirting might be a release from whatever their tensions are, for someone discussing calmly might be a release of tensions, People come to internet to have fun, get away from regular things in life, some time away from Dada/Dadi and Ekta and their sermons!!
this is what i partially agree with Embarrassed.  Everyone is trying to have fun, not just you,  sexual diversion of every thread may take  fun away from many who equally share the web-space. There are dedicated websites for such fun.

thns for sharing views. See you in another thread.
TC
QT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 31 March 2007 at 10:10am

Oblivion

Oblivion

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Well... I believe, ppl on net r here to enjoy and a if a bit of flirting helps them achieve that then y not.. How ever there is a limit to it, but that limit is unclear, there is no definite boundary as such........

BUt being 2 stringent just makes no sense though

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 01 April 2007 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Egghatcher, This matter is getting very serious! Please do not attack ANYONE on this forum. Otherwise we have to take some serious action

Like Minnie di said, everyone has their own views and we respect them all... But we will NEVER permit your method of attacking other members in a debate. We are not raising your warning levels and deactivating your Multiple IDs on the basis of your views, but on your incorrect and inappropriate method of debating.

Please take it very seriously.

DM dev team

Post Reply New Post

Go to top