Debate Mansion

Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Well said Vinit.Public discussions are more safer than private chat rooms. Clap

Absolutely!  and the reason for that is the moral police and vigilant fellow chatters around Wink
Hence private chat is only for those adults who just cannot stop flirting of sexual nature in public chats,  whether others would like to imagine them in certain acts or not..  i differ with indignance on behalf of chatters who prefer to chat privately on many life threatening issues and other tender matters not necessarily of sexual connotations and thus this is a leap of pure fantasy for those that think private chats are meant only for hooking with significant other marrying them or having sex etc
A kid invited to private chat is ALARMED adequately by the invitation itself and with great guidance from his / her parents, will never leave public forum and go private way, as Sareg mentioned already. Clap agreed wholeheartedly here... saregs old comment of guidance to the kid applies here again.

I see the confision with the word ONLY and have corrected it accordingly in my previous post.  Thanks for bringing to my attention what it was projecting while wasn;t what i actually meant.

I myself have atleast 20 + male chatters on my messengers and excpet for one of them, I have no such ahem intentions LOLLOLLOL
It was obviously my blooper to use the word ONLY the way I did earlier and my sincere apologies.
IMO,  private is the ONLY logical option for people who cannot control themselves in a public forum with minors around.  I hope I clarified it now.
Thanks Eggo.  Big smile

Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 4:50pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

u bet and welcome MQTji and totally appreciate your candor in coming forth with clarificationWink 

That's right.  What's wrong is wrong and I am not afraid to admit it.  It was a typing blooper of the mind.  However, what does concern me a bit- is this feeling of mine- that some are taking it personally here Embarrassed (I hope & pray I am very wrong about it EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed).  Now there should be absolutely reason for that here!  
I am focussed basically on the "PREDATORS" on youtube.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 5:08pm

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tumhari_Khushi

Now what's your take on virtual flirting? Is it acceptable according to you?

Ooooh....la la......yea yea yea.....Bring it on.....Virtual or real....don't care....just bring it on and I promise to return bountiful favors....LOLLOL

What makes it different from real-life flirting?

That people don't get to see the revolting physiognomy of the flirtatious jerkLOL

Is it just a spice or can it be unhealthy as well? Wink

It is my source of sustenance on this forumWink.....and a lot of people that I know ofWink......and I imbibe all the side effect with a pinch of "spice" which leaves my body with my morning motions...LOLLOL

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online? Smile

Need I emphasize the need of my sustenance more?Wink

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:22pm | IP Logged

QT,
A debate is a debate.
Some give their personal opinions and some debate it for the sake of the debate.
I am sure there are no hard feelings. Big smile
But in the George Clooney issue in the other post, it is Angry

well, sareg has always been a favorite debater of mine.  I would not doubt the quality of his debate ever and no one else got personal either.  i think the BIG FONT gives me a feeling of someone yelling EmbarrassedConfusedOuch . may be it was just that.  i am also glad that eggo saw the point after a brief blooper explanation there and kindly responded.

Clooney is alright.  I am not backing off on that.  he has never charmed me.. i am sorry!  but dont take offense there.  many women don;t like abhishek either EmbarrassedEmbarrassedBig smile!  its okay! 

Edited by mermaid_QT - 31 March 2007 at 6:59am

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:45pm | IP Logged

QT,
A debate is a debate.
Some give their personal opinions and some debate it for the sake of the debate.
I am sure there are no hard feelings. Big smile
But in the George Clooney issue in the other post, it is Angry

well, sareg has always been a favorite debater of mine.  I would not doubt the quality of his debate ever and no one else got personal either.  i think the BIG FONT gives me a feeling of someone yelling EmbarrassedConfusedOuch . may be it was just that.  i am also glad that eggo saw the point after a brief blooper explanation there and kindly responded.

Clooney is alright.  I am not backing off on that.  he has never charmed me.. i am sorry!  but dont take offense there.  many women don;t like abhishek either EmbarrassedEmbarrassedBig smile!  its okay! 

i am off for the long awaited weekend now.. see u guys monday.

What is this I am seeing here.....2 women fighting over ownership of one man is common.....but 2 women fighting over agreement to not fight over posession of one man....Confused....That's rare...LOL....but such are the material my friends Sharkbait and Tania are made of....rare..Wink

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Eggo, since we are discussing, let us remind ourselves not use big size fonts and capital letters (forum codes) because it seems like yelling and you probably don;t intend to do so EmbarrassedEmbarrassed.
If you have complaints about threads closed, please reach the dev team as they would gladly deal with the issues. I would have no idea which thread you are particularly talking about, because I resolve the matter of personal attacks then and there and also adequately imply it to the poster when I feel offended Big smile. Only when the poster continues, I report.

Originally posted by EGGHATCHER

IN THE SPIRIT OF LETTING GO BYGONES .. SO I HOPE IN FUTURE NO ONE CRIES OVER DEV TEAMS SHOULDER BEFORE THEY RESOLVE IT AND DO SO HONESTLY REPEAT HONESTLY AND WITHOUT EMBELLISHING FACTS .. BECAUSE LIES SHOW UP GLARINGLY ONCE THE THREAD IS REVIEWED IMPARTIALLY BY A THIRD PARTY .. JUST MY POV ON RESTORING AMITY ALL AROUND

huh???
I don't know who exactly you are accusing of lying here. You once again can resolve the matter either via Dev team / via friendly communication.
I do think your capital letters and posting this message in response to my post hurls some of the comments at me.
Embarrassed Embarrassed hence I wrote. If they are hurled at me, I am willing to resolve them through the dev team/ through PM.   If the "lying comments" are hurled at someone else, please let them know Smile.

Last but not the least, in the spirit of bygones be bygones, I choose to IGNORE few.  I hope they respect my feelings and not quote me, if they have to, then atleast definitely not twist my words, and do not make personal attacks at me.   If they avoid the above, there will be no reporting required Big smileEmbarrassed.  I would love it too.. Big smile.  Quoting me will not get a response from me either and I promise not even to read what they've said.
They are more than welcome to report me whenever they feel like.

Thanks and appreciate your time.

mermaid_QT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 9:02pm

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

A question to those who think flirting is always HARMLESS fun and others who are policing it are doing it just for being jealous Big smile -

Would you say the same if / when you have a teenage daughter who is flirting online with God knows who? Would you police / would you sit back and relax for not being jealous of her and her flirting partner? Wink

I am curious to know this!

flirting imo is not harmless. as they say, one thing can lead to another, including partners and by-standers getting jealous, of going down the garden path that runs nowhere etc. That said, it might still be preferable to more serious emotional/ physical attachments.

problem with moral policing as i see it is people running around with their heads chopped off each excercising their personal judgment. cant have folks individually and selectively apply their moral filters. that would quickly result in a lowest common denominator of expression, one where people are afraid of being rebuked and less willing to take the risk of engaging in spontaneous behavior. not much fun.

then, there's the question of verifying sincerity in the virtual domain. the person who is dispensing all that valuable advice could be trying to lure the kid by first establishing trust. dont a lot of pedophiles use the same bait and lure approach?

as for the question about the teenage daughter, i think the kid is already in trouble if she needs to take advice from virtual strangers. horse has already left the barn by then.WinkLOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

flirting imo is not harmless. as they say, one thing can lead to another, including partners and by-standers getting jealous, of going down the garden path that runs nowhere etc. That said, it might still be preferable to more serious emotional/ physical attachments.

problem with moral policing as i see it is people running around with their heads chopped off each excercising their personal judgment. cant have folks individually and selectively apply their moral filters. that would quickly result in a lowest common denominator of expression, one where people are afraid of being rebuked and less willing to take the risk of engaging in spontaneous behavior. not much fun.

then, there's the question of verifying sincerity in the virtual domain. the person who is dispensing all that valuable advice could be trying to lure the kid by first establishing trust. dont a lot of pedophiles use the same bait and lure approach?

as for the question about the teenage daughter, i think the kid is already in trouble if she needs to take advice from virtual strangers. horse has already left the barn by then.WinkLOL

Wow!  There were so many points to debate against to my "anti-flirting for-policing" rant!  Do not corner me now mister. Wink I agree with these.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top