Debate Mansion

Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:29am | IP Logged
It is rare that I flip on my own thoughts. The posts I made earlier in this thread during a girlie and fun chat with my friends ani and tania were in a light mood. Today, I will post my serious thoughts. 
The disturbing "PREDATOR" segment showing several men (quite a few Indians too--  that was saddening)  chatting sexual content with UNDERAGE girls and going all the way to her home to have sexual relationship Cry  has got me very alarmed. 

1. Virtual flirting is okay and harmless ONLY WHEN BOTH the individuals either have a reason or have no reason, no willingness and no desire to take it a step away into reality from the chat. If they have a reason, they both better be RESPONSIBLE ADULTS whose REAL FRIENDS are AWARE of such ONLINE INDULGENCE since net can invite wackos.

2. In case of UNDERAGE and even younger than 23, i would say NO PERSONAL CHATTING with stragers no matter how cute and friendly and fun they may appear Confused .
The reason why it is VIRTUAL is because unless both the parties are HONEST and REALLY feel seriously involved, ONE CAN BE HURT if the feelings stay Virtual for one and become real for the other.

3. Very many times, people indulging in virtual flirting have more than plenty IDs and they may be chatting as both male / female, a teen, a person in 30s and even a person in 70s. Who knows who is really typing at the other end?

BEING CAREFUL AND ALERT IS THE KEY TO VIRTUAL FLIRTING.
Also, read the vibes from fellow chatters. There are people who indulge in harmless occasional flirting and they are likeable.

QT didi could be a wacko man for crying out loud LOLLOL (kidding about that to make a point) Embarrassed LOLLOL

Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 9:49am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tumhari_Khushi

Discussion for June 23-25, 2006

Hi Friends Hug

Time for a new Debate Big smile All of us have found wonderful friends on I-F. Aur some even flirt with others Wink

Now what's your take on virtual flirting? Is it acceptable according to you?

If the opposite person is mature enough, it is fun, and you get on the web for fun, generally when people indulge in flirting, they have a mental note of their limits and they mostly abide by that

What makes it different from real-life flirting?

The limits can be higher, you know you are never going to meet the person in real life in case of virtual flirting, so you can let your hair down and have fun

Is it just a spice or can it be unhealthy aswell? Wink

It is spice, it gets unhealthy when people cross limits, when they start knowing/researching real identities or others start passing judgements on others

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online? Smile

no problemo, but before responding I check the maturity meter of the person, if a person has a tendency of being perpetually Ouch, I runLOL

Incase you're interested in reading comments regarding this...check this out:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=306173

Loads of Love,

I-F Development Team

In general my experience, when two people flirt with each other, they mostly of the times dont have a problem with that, but the moral police will jump in and try to spoil it, something like, if I cant have it, you cant have it eitherLOL 

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by egghatcher

familiarity breeds attempt .....and attempt breeds and broods contempt 

That is a nice one.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
A question to those who think flirting is always HARMLESS fun and others who are policing it are doing it just for being jealous Big smile -

Would you say the same if / when you have a teenage daughter who is flirting online with God knows who? Would you police / would you sit back and relax for not being jealous of her and her flirting partner? Wink

I am curious to know this!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 12:49pm

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

A question to those who think flirting is always HARMLESS fun and others who are policing it are doing it just for being jealous Big smile -
Would you say the same if / when you have a teenage daughter who is flirting online with God knows who? Would you police / would you sit back and relax for not being jealous of her and her flirting partner? Wink

If one has taught their children their limits, difference between responsibility and privilege, one would not need to sit and hawk around themWink

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

If one has taught their children their limits, difference between responsibility and privilege, one would not need to sit and hawk around themWink 

So while teaching children their limits, YOU WILL GIVE THEM A LESSON AGAIST VIRTUAL FLIRTS and the HARM they could cause?? Wink

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

So while teaching children their limits, YOU WILL GIVE THEM A LESSON AGAIST VIRTUAL FLIRTS and the HARM they could cause?? Wink

Absolutely, I agree with Sareg here.

Its parents' responsibility to apply age appr filter and parental controls on what their kids are viewing  online. About interacting with others, there are n no. of predators prowling both in the real and the virtual world. The problem with the virtual is more of course with not being able to know who is behind that id. When you are given an opportunity to use something like the internet, it comes with a huge amount of responsibility associated with it.

You said you agree with Sareg and so do I about TEACHING CHILDREAN and PROTECTING them.  Sounds like most of the rest you typed is in agreement with me Tania, since you agree with the dangers of virtual flirting associated with a certain group.  That is what I was trying to say.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 1:21pm

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged

Parenting 101:  Never give out private information over the internet

Parenting 102: Convey to the kids, dont do anything you would be embrassed to tell me or your mom

Post Reply New Post

Go to top