Page 1 of 27

Page 1
Page   of 27
Page 2 Page 27

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Okay this is not really a general question but it is a pertinent one. Why is criticism of moderators an idea so frowned upon?  Couple of days ago, I had asked a feedback thread to be established on every forum on here. The feedback thread wasn't my brainchild, it was Priety Zinta's, she is an ex channel moderator, as you all know. 

Sure the feedback thread strangely (I say strangely because I had requested it via PMs before but no action was taken) was established however only for show as it now seems because it has been promptly closed as soon as a few members started questioning a member of the DT for his biased bans on a couple of members. Members asked questions and posted grievances but they were barely answered. What is the point of it at all if members cannot even criticize the DT? Here, please read all the responses yourself to evaluate the situation. 

Wasn't there a scandal involving a moderator leaking a member's home address 2-3 years ago on here? That moderator was stripped of her duties and rightfully so. Therefore, in order to prevent such outrageous acts in the future, the feedback thread is a good idea. Why do moderators get all bent out of shape when their actions are questioned? Instead of calmly answering, they throw a fit and lock down the entire thread. Mandy did not even bother answering discrepancies (I did point them out with proof), a lot of members also questioned it. Instead of answering, she locked the thread down and the other DT is apparently on vacation. How can you run a forum like this? With utter dictatorship. I am sorry but we need a channel moderator ...someone like Priety Zinta or Aahana to oversee the moderators of BS because I'm sorry to say but they have been quite incompetent in the past few months. 

Let me also say this. Priety Zinta single-handedly answered every question for 2 years when the Feedback Thread was originally established and running on bollywood section. If she can do it alone, why can't three moderators do it together? 

Hopefully, someone has an answer to this. My point is we should be allowed to criticize actions of moderators if we have proof of bias.

Edited by Dexterkichokri. - 18 August 2012 at 12:49pm

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

.Heisenberg-Swetha-Omnipotent_TacoANNMT..SaNaYaHoLiC..JayneSheldon_BazingaMentalExoticaSars.IndefiniteLOVEboyznakagremlin.ElysiaHaHaHeHe-Hupp.DontKnow.BheegiBasantiTheRowdiestruky786Rajinilicious--Udhay---Eris-.Nafisa.Ninja.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "criticize moderators of IF?Modnote Posted Pg26/27-Close" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sheldon_Bazinga

IF-Dazzler

Sheldon_Bazinga

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Adding to what Dex said, can we please have a moderator who does not jump down other members throat for no apparent reason? I get that moderators need/have right to voice their opinions but not at the expense of someone else. 

Edited by Sheldon_Bazinga - 18 August 2012 at 1:05pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

.HeisenbergOmnipotent_TacoJayneMentalExoticaSars.boyznakaoblivious.ChippeshwiniNkapoor3Dexterkilailaruky786

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sheldon_Bazinga

Adding to what Dex said, can we please have a moderator who does not jump down other members throat for no apparent reason? I get that moderators need/have right to voice their opinions but not at the expense of someone else. 

Yes. Second this as well. Example of the said DT member jumping down member's throat as Sheldon rightly put it.

Should a DT member hound /taunt a member and be sarcastic continuously? What kind of a DT member engages in such juvenile behavior? Shouldn't they be calm? Should they be fueling the fire? Please read these links to see for yourselves. This was in the past. No one brought it out in the open but now that this bias treatment has exceeded beyond anyone's patience level, an "investigation" of sorts is warranted.

Here: proof of such behavior

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069459&PID=60180304&#60180304

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069459&TPN=27

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069459&TPN=28

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069459&TPN=30

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069459&TPN=31

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

.HeisenbergOmnipotent_TacoSheldon_BazingaJayneMentalExoticaboyznakaMagical_KaShoblivious.

Sheldon_Bazinga

IF-Dazzler

Sheldon_Bazinga

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks Dex, my post was regarding that thread.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.HeisenbergJayneDexterkilaila

Gujar

IF-Rockerz

Gujar

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
What happened with Sheldon was just so stupid I can understand having an opposing view nothing wrong with that but when you're a Mod you need to learn to balance things a certain way, not offload all that yawn inducing sarcasm repeatedly to an innocent member who's done bugger all to you. That said he's still better than one of the Mods currently inactive but by a very small margin. Mods need to tone down on their behaviour & express a point without the fingering. Also Shashi & Devil have genuine grievances highlighted in the feedback topic in the main section that need to be looked into 

Edited by 2direct. - 18 August 2012 at 1:36pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

.HeisenbergANNMTJayneSheldon_BazingaSars.Dexterkilailaruky786

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 2direct.

What happened with Sheldon was just so stupid I can understand having an opposing view nothing wrong with that but when you're a Mod you need to learn to balance things a certain way, not offload all that yawn inducing sarcasm repeatedly to an innocent member who's done bugger all to you. That said he's still better than one of the Mods currently inactive but by a very small margin. Mods need to tone down on their behaviour & express a point without the fingering. Also Shashi & Devil have genuine grievances highlighted in the feedback topic in the main section that need to be looked into 

True. A moderator should be neutral, he has no business hounding and taunting a member who has done nothing but post her view in a thread. He may have a right to post his view but there is a way to do it. You can't play mod and then add fuel to the fire at the same time. 

Yes, we need a higher authority to look into the discrepancies that happened especially with Dr3vil and Heisenberg. We tried pointing it out in the feedback thread as nicely as possible but instead of answering our questions, we were just made to shut up and the thread was locked. So it was just for show I guess. That is why this issue has been brought here to the suggestions thread hoping that someone higher up in the ladder notices it and at least checks our grievances out. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.HeisenbergJayneGujar

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
I agree

If the DT decides to open a thread where they want people to post their concerns and feedback, then I think it's fair game for members to ask about anything relevant to that section.

I think it's reasonable to ask why certain members get banned continuously while others who may be doing the same things if not worse, are allowed to post whatever they want without the same consequences. I post in the bollywood section and I feel a lot of things go unnoticed..I understand the DT members are not on the forum 24/7 so they can't be moderating all the time..however, if many  members bring up similar issues and concerns to the DT's attention through such a thread..well then, I would think that there must be something wrong? If that thread in the bollywood section focused on why members aren't being treated equally  with their bans etc & with valid reasoning , then I think that's a major concern amongst members which should be addressed.

It really isn't a matter of attacking a certain DT member whatsoever..I believe it's more so a concern about being equal and fair to every member there. Members make up every section on IF..stuff like this eventually just ruins the entire atmosphere of a forum. 

.HeisenbergOmnipotent_TacoSheldon_BazingaJayneMentalExoticaDexterkilailaruky786

Antlers

IF-Rockerz

Antlers

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Souro's behavior is polarizing to say the least. There was a clear indication that Mandy. allowed banned members to come back yet she denies it in the feedback. 

Following questions should be addressed:

1. Could you post a decorum for DT/MODS? if there is one.
2. Why are certain member/groups allowed to be back yet a certain members arent?
3. When a MOD mocks an opinion of someone, is he considered to be a square deal with rest of the members or does he have to have a certain position/views to be making rational comments? or is he/she holds the same amount of responsibility as any other member? 

I'm not here to criticize anyone's behavior for what they are doing, but 
if "certain" members are allowed to post after being banned, why aren't Dr. EVIL and Hesinberg? 

will add more later. 

.HeisenbergOmnipotent_TacoSheldon_BazingaJaynestarstruckkDexterkilailaruky786

Post Reply New Post

Go to top