Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

SS: Near to you: Teaser 22/6 pg 120

maan-ki-sanjana IF-Dazzler
maan-ki-sanjana
maan-ki-sanjana

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged

Hi readers! Big smile

This is a little Eid present to everyone!

MG SS: Near to you

Prologue

She felt numb as grief created an impermeable barrier around her. She could vaguely hear those around her, talking and crying, but nothing got through to her. For she was in her own little world, where everything hadn't been destroyed and there was still the chance for happiness.

But reality would always intrude.

He is gone...he is gone'.The words echoed at the back of her mind, threatening to break the icy composure and denial. To accept the fact that...he had left would destroy the last piece of sanity she had been clinging to.

"Bechari" An elderly lady sitting next to her patted her head and spoke softly, "It is cruel of fate to make you a widow at such a young age...only 26. You should be living your life, not having to face such a harsh loss"

Widow,  such a powerful word. It changed everything about her; from being happily married to the man she had loved from the moment she had understood the meaning of love into suddenly being all alone.

Widow meant that no longer would she awake to the sound of her husband moving beside her, no longer would she feel his arms around her as she slept and no longer would she cocoon inside his love.

Widow meant that she wouldn't age with him; go through the motions of life, both the ups and downs. It meant that they wouldn't reach an age where there would be no longer anymore discoveries of each other, instead she was left with only the couple of years of their married life.

Some would say that she should have been better prepared for his death, after all the doctors had already warned her that he had only months to live with his brain tumour. It had been inoperable and he had been told that there was nothing to do but face death.

But how can you truly prepare? How could she convince herself that one day he would seize to breathe? That her life partner would give up on life?

"Beti, at least he has been saved from the pain of his illness" Another well-wisher tried to console her.

Saved? How has he been saved? She thought bitterly. For the last couple of years he fought against his own body and I fought for him, to die?

She closed her eyes, willing those well-meaning words to disappear and to be left with only him in her heart. Her mind wondered to one of their precious moments, when it had felt like they could never be torn apart.

Happiness is feeling the lightness inside of you, she spoke into his ear as she slept next to him. The feeling of flying.

Happiness is being with you, he smiled, his eyes crinkling at the edges, Even if I die today, I'll die a happy man.

She frowned as his words hit her, Why do you do this to me? She pushed away from him, turning to stare at the ceiling, not wanting to tear up at his words.

Darling, we cannot change fate but can change the way we accept it. His fingers brushed her cheek, I could bemoan my fate or I could enjoy these precious moments. Death makes these moments more valuable than they would be otherwise. How many people can feel these sensations as I do? How many can savour being with their love the way I am doing now? He leaned forward to press his lips against her neck, If I must die, than I would die in your arms.

If only I could keep you safe in my arms, her voice broke as she finally turned towards you, Maybe if you stay in my arms, death won't come. Maybe this is one way of being together.

But even her love hadn't been enough to keep him alive. The inevitable had come to pass and he had been taken away from her arms, never to return.

She looked around the room but she didn't see all the mourners. Instead she saw the images of him sitting in the chair in front of her, of him walking around in his boxers and of him leaning forward to kiss her.

Everywhere he has left his mark, a tear slid down her cheek, how can I ever let him go? How am I to live without him?

"Geet?" a familiar voice called out to her, one of the few capable of breaking through the blanket of her pain.

Blinking she turned towards the voice and saw the one person capable of breaking down her walls. She felt the sobs rise within her and finally she let them out. She choked on her tears but they wouldn't stop till he came to hold her hands.

She stared into his eyes to see their shared grief shining within them. She had never seen him in such a state, for he had always been strong and unbreakable but today even he was fragile.

"Geet I am so sorry" He patted her head despite feeling the same grief and pain. He wanted to console her but didn't know the right words.

"Oh Maan!" Geet cried out, "Vicky is dead...our Vicky is dead Maan. How am I to live without him?"

Maan felt his own tears in his eyes, as he thought about his cousin and best friend Vicky. "I know Geet, I know. But we are all here for you."

------------------------------

INDEX

The way we were

Time

You colour me

----------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

Okay I know some of you are ready to kill me for starting a new story...but be patient LOL

So surprise...surprise...I am sure you didn't see the end part to his Wink

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments!Big smile

-SanjanA

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 22 June 2014 at 1:05am

The following 194 member(s) liked the above post:

inlwgeetgeeta1803nehavashiHajra95Lovemaliknmaancrazyattitudeshybvh123shubhiguptaLilMissPerfectPoorvaAroraSarah08shristi0787kavitha05.Tulip.rubimadrumana88Dia_KapoordalurArima47ajolietruth1-1sunaina23goyalkalpna123sarah_zaishafatiya52110piyasinghsonika1974ronukrnlasmi12301leothelionammyicycool5armadbhakbhartifanvid_hurry-divya-vij10MaankigopiMadhumons_mbLov26nazsijruark_22soniaz121Shefali16JanakiSatish-BeingAppy-sk_75Shilalipianisa79Clairvoyant20NihsonMSgayatriCiaMaaneetmushi13Rupi_bainsParimishtyBoogle.Schizcutekananbenazamrutavjoshisanam1234ukavya.sravyaMakpiesarodh_ritimystique_girlSphinxSOLACEofEYESmila1meem17mansi.tripathiNH1971sheetalvasa--Dia--sree.maneetNazmaa-eiya-shivangi783Kartikan91sweetgurtimaaneet_piscesMina420sidMLOVERsweetanu2314asmaniNeetu2825Hot_Indo_Chillynikki.171angelarafDhara_sjohnangadmayurmaaneetcyum321Doracakegurti30Nav2010happydays30sweetysaranawesomepoojaRocks.Dhara286pearljssoodNeeju123mituldreamymishti88nats0101doublecrossDei_Gratiasamia19jasika08sanghita0000abhayprsinghKoolsmilelil.mizz.smexiiHanishadeviPriyasihad2budeepali1022Awari_Maantellymekabslocksnehakapoor7-Veritaserum-Dilsaypaponeconbangalores-Zahra15-ambeernritzy09_AngelSonu_sweetkjKrishnaluv94krati5-memorable-NANDY_BRULuvScoobyRaDMG25PaintedSkyrupzloveumrk-1vivacious_gurlpreeti.1sanu3108ninandLavZpunjabi.princesshalini01shruthiRKaSh-Maneet-Fant_areebshah10aamirkhanfan-afsha-namita25mandymoreswan20-Priti11-ejaz_loverkhwaishfandivareenaAmoureuxfreya123Shalvesona-rai--Ratna--keenu_kkTyroammu5---nishu---Asmi13-WhiteGirl-zaara2212honeygrapesdlife19Little_Mermaid.Game_Changerimpoojavermapunam2712mayyoSecretSapphire-Patronus-lehrdolly10Madhuri53_BlackPearl_abinash079nanorbhanu_rekhagNeelambari..BabajiKaThulluspvd_CookieMonster_-Orchid-goldenmoon

deepali1022 IF-Rockerz
deepali1022
deepali1022

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

Orkut Myspace Congratulation Scraps, Graphics and Comments
for new story...
nyc prologue...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123maan-ki-sanjana

-Mitu- IF-Rockerz
-Mitu-
-Mitu-

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Thankgod last line read ki tu relif mila

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123maan-ki-sanjanadoublecrossMadhuri53

-BlushaLicious- IF-Stunnerz
-BlushaLicious-
-BlushaLicious-

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Awesome Start !! Big smile !!

Sowiie The Like Button Aint Working !! Unhappy !!

Cont Soon !! Big smile !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maan-ki-sanjana

Craziest_MG IF-Sizzlerz
Craziest_MG
Craziest_MG

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
one more ...woah ...!

Congrats for the new ss ... Sound interesting

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123maan-ki-sanjana

bangalores IF-Rockerz
bangalores
bangalores

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
congo on the new story ...
i so envy ur ability to handle so many stories at the same time and with such efficiency...
thank god the husband was not maan for that aloneHug to you
PS: the like is not workingCry

Edited by bangalores - 18 August 2012 at 12:40pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123maan-ki-sanjanadoublecrosspunam2712Madhuri53

cool_gal17 Goldie
cool_gal17
cool_gal17

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Thank god maan is live:-P

maan-ki-sanjana

kptl Goldie
kptl
kptl

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
WOW that was one fantastic piece of work...
simply luv it.. da way u put it together
it was incredible... nd was really GLAD that it was not maan
I k ow m being little mean bt ya lolz
ps da like btn is not working...

maan-ki-sanjana

Go to top