Neil Bhatt Was Keen For Role Of Lord Rama

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Neil Bhatt Was Keen For Role Of Lord Rama

When one thinks of a show on Ramayan, every actor would vie to play the title role of Lord Rama. Actor Neil Bhatt, who wowed viewers as the male lead Abhi in Zee TV's 12/24 Karol Bagh, is no exception. The actor confesses that when he was approached for Ramayan, he was keen to be cast as Ram. "As an actor, it is only natural to want the meatiest role that allows one to fully showcase his range of histrionics. So while I was definitely more keen to be cast as Ram at first, I now clearly see that it is all three ' Ram, Sita and Lakshman who are the key protagonists of Ramayan and the role holds ample scope for me to perform as an actor."

Neil Bhatt is currently using his time to read the Ramcharitmanas and capture the finer nuances of the great epic and more specifically, his role. He is also investing time and energy into getting into his finest form for the role as he shortly begins shooting in Baroda. His regimen includes Power Yoga, Pilates and intensive cardiovascular training. Neil has also acquainted himself with his extensive wardrobe and elaborate make-up for the role of Lakshman. It presently takes him over an hour and a half to get fully ready but the actor plans to master the art of getting his look together in less than 30 minutes before he starts shooting so that he minimizes time wastage on the sets.

Neil Bhatt added, "I am told I was cast as Lakshman because I had the lean, athletic physicality required for the role. Also this show will not have archaic, difficult-to-grasp Hindi dialogues. The language will be kept simple and lucid. This, I think will aid us as actors in connecting better with our audiences as you can emote with better conviction when you feel the lines! Moreover , everybody will be able to quickly relate to the characters and not feel alienated by language they do not use."

With many editions of Ramayan show on TV previously, what response did he get for the premiere of the show on Sunday, August 12? "The show has opened up to a very positive response. The music by the ace composer Ravindra Jain has been widely appreciated and the soundtrack of the show is simply outstanding. The make-up team must also be commended for an extremely proficient job'one can see it in the look given to Lord Vishnu. The casting, authenticity of the sets, the first-rate cinematography and the catchy visual effects only add sheen to the content. We are working hard to showcase this epic in a manner that gets families to sit together on a Sunday morning and learn from it, besides being entertained'wish us luck!" Neil ends.

source :

http://www.theindiapost.com/entertainment/tv-programes/neil-bhatt-keen-role-lord-rama/

Edited by nneeiill - 11 years ago
thanks dear !๐Ÿค— well as he said ramayan ( the journey of ram) doesnt only consist of lord shri ram but its actually the journey of the trio their suffering for the attainment of perfect ram rajya...and lakshman was not mere a guard or brother of lord shri ram but he was the alter ego the second conscience of rama...it will be interesting to watch him...together with neha and gagan..๐Ÿ˜...lets see how this trio is gonna perform๐Ÿ˜ณ...all the best neil...

p.s. i wish the sagar pics had really worked on the jewellery costumes and makeup...๐Ÿ˜•
am glad he is lakshman...i know he will do full justice to and gonna excel..

as u said they need to work on sets,costumes and make up...look at this pic too much make up...

btw i read mixed responses...many ppl liked the costumes  ..does that imply earlier version were not even this good at jewellery n stuff..never watched ndtv ramayan so no clue
He looks really good in that still ๐Ÿ˜Š
WOW!!Looks like Neil is really doing a lot of research for his new role and indeed is training hard physically too...Looking so forward to see our Lakshman ji๐Ÿ˜ณ
BTW count me in..The make up and jewellery needs to be worked upon ...Garish and not up to the mark
neil looks good in this new avtar..i still miss ankit arora as laksman
Originally posted by aru_86

neil looks good in this new avtar..i still miss ankit arora as laksman

i have seen ankit as laskhman he was really amazing i really loved urmila and lakshman bonding there...i hope they show the same here๐Ÿ˜
neil looks good in laxman charecter
AHEM AHEM. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hey girls! ๐Ÿค—
TFS wen i heard neil doing the show i thought he would play  lord rama as he is dark skinned read somewhere lord rama was dark skinned too so lookwise he was perfect as rama but laskhman suits his personality...i m looking forward to see him as lakshman as laskhman is my fav character 

i loved  laskhman in ramayan1986 sunil lahiri in 1986 ...i really dont want to comapre but wenever someone mention ram sita and lakshman i think about arunji deepikaji and sunilji...it would be heard to step in his shoes and creating a nook for himself its a real challenge i wish him all the best...
Edited by sanjh11 - 11 years ago