Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

basket_101

IF-Rockerz

basket_101

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 5:39pm | IP Logged

Hey Guys!!

Hinal here...

As some of you may know, I began watching SBS again from the very beginning...  And seeing the development of the relationship between Toasty and the others, I got an idea for an OS

I don't think the OS is that good, but the urge to write was very strong so I was compelled to write it out LOL    I'm not too good with words like some others are on the SBS forum, or even the IF forum as a whole, but I tried Smile

I hope you guys like it... Do read, like, and comment/criticize Embarrassed

Hug

New Beginning

It had been a month since we found out about Toasty...  No one had taken the news well...  But we all tried to be happy because that was what Toasty wanted...

I tried, I really did, but whenever I was alone, I couldn't help but allow my grief and sorrow to take over

Much like now...  It was 2:00 AM in the morning yet I was wide awake...  It was as if sleep had deserted me ever since Toasty's death

I turned the lights on, grabbed Toasty's picture and stared it at...  Imagining how life would've been if she were still...  alive

Toasty - Tej!!! Yeh kya kar rahe ho?? (hiding her face with her right hand, and trying to snatch the camera away from me with her other hand )

Me - Arrey!  Main toh sirf apni khoobsurat patni ka ek picture lena chahta hu!

Now crossing her arms...

Toasty - Mr. Tejprakash Chaturvedi...  Koi apni patni ka picture kitchen mein thodi naa leta hai!!  Bilkul buddhu ke buddhu hi rahoge tum...  Sacchi!

Me - Ab kya kare...  Meri patni room me aake hi sabki problems solve karne mein lag jaati hai toh phir main kya kar sakta hu?

I was pouting now...

Toasty came towards me and put her hands around my neck...  I held her tightly by the waist, pulling her closer to me

Toasty - (speaking softly)  Tej!! Aaj mein koiii problem solve nahi karungi bas!  Sirf tumhe attention duungi...  Lekin abhi ke liye jaaooo...  Mujhe bahot saara kaam hai!!

Me - Tum hamesha aisa kehti ho, lekin har baar kuch naa kuch tumhe yaad aa jaata hai!!

Bhaiyya!!

Toasty - Iss baar promise karti hu bas!

Me - Lekin iss promise ki guarantee kya hai?

I turned around crossing my arms on my chest...  It was my turn now!

Tej bhaiyya!

To my surprise, Toasty came near me, kissed my cheek ever so lightly and pushed me out of the kitchen

Bhaiyyya!

I was shaken from my thoughts...  I looked around and saw Gyaan by the door...  tightly clutching a photo frame in one hand, and dragging his comforter with the others

It was then that I realized the faint redness in his eyes

Me - Gyaan!  Kya hua?

I ran to him and cupped his face

Gyaan gulped as he responded, "Bhaiyya kya main aaj yaha pe so sakta hu??"

I smiled at him, and replied, "Of course Gyaan...  Isme puuchne waali baat kya hai?"

I began straightening the other side of the bed, when Gyaan came and placed his hand on mine, stopping me

A tear rolled down his cheek, as he spoke, "Nahi bhaiyya... Yaha pe sirf...  sirf... (he couldn't continue on so he just turned out and said) Main neeche so jaaunga"

I wavered my hand in his hair, as I helped him set a mattress on the floor for him to sleep on

Gyaan was now lying on his make-shift bed, and I was on my bed...

I was still unable to sleep, so I sat up on the bed... Recalling old memories, and cherishing them

They were the only thing that could help me accept all that had happened...  I knew I had to move on one day or the other, and it was these memories that gave me the strength to do so

It was Toasty's smile that keeps me going...  The smile that I have engraved in my heart, and will never forget!

I was smiling in the dark, when I heard Gyaan whimper

I rushed to his side and sat beside him...  I took his head in my lap and began patting his back slowly in an effort to put him to sleep

Unknowingly, tears began dropping down my face...

Suddenly, Gyaan turned around and hugged me tight from my waist...

I was at a loss of words, so I just kept rocking him...  How was I supposed to console someone when I myself needed someone??

I kissed his forehead and realized that he was gripping the photo frame very tightly

I swallowed my tears, feeling the lump in my throat yet ignoring it, as I asked him about it

Me - Gyaan!  Aaj kya hya tujhe haan?  Aise nahi rote!  Chal chup ho jaa!

Gyaan - Aaj...  Aaj maa ki bahot ya... yaad aa rahi hai bhaiyya! (sobbing in between the words)

Me - Maa ki picture hai haath mein?

To which, Gyaan nodded

I cradled him and stayed quiet...  Rocking him steadily, I couldn't help but feel bad for Gyaan

He always complained about never having gotten to see Maa, let alone spend any time with her

Aap sab bahot lucky ho!  Siwaai mere, aap sab ne Maa ko dekha hai!  Sirf main hi hu jisne Maa ke saath thoda bhi wakt nahi bitaaya!

And now, Toasty...

I still remember...  He was the first person to agree to bring Toasty in the house as my wife...  He had helped me so much during that time! In fact, if it weren't for him, I doubt I would've been able to bring Toasty to the house!

In all this, I didn't even realize that Gyaan had fallen asleep

I just sat there, observing him sleep gently...

He was the youngest in our house...  And sabka laadla...

Tujhme maa ka ansh hai Gyaan!  Maa humaare saath hi hai, tere roop mein!

The fact that Toasty was no longer with us seemed to have affected Gyaan the most...  Of course I was affected, but I meant that in the emotional sense

I was able to cope with my feelings because I had dealt with this during Maa's death...  But Gyaan...  Hmmph I sighed

Gyaan was too sensitive

It had been a month now, but he still couldn't sleep alone

He loved his Toasty bhabhi too much...  He couldn't bear it...

He slept with Pracheen everyday but today Pracheen was gone to an overnight excursion...  I should've known Gyaan would've come here

He was still clutching the picture while sleeping...  I couldn't see him like this...  He had stopped being the jovial Gyaan we knew...  He had started bottling things inside him...  The reason for this was that he always shared everything with Toasty so the sudden loss of her really changed him

I sighed...  Toasty...  I could feel the void and emptiness she left within me...  I was alive, but all of a sudden, life became meaningless...

I took a deep breath and tried to change the track of my thoughts...  All these thoughts were leading me to depression...  In front of others, I acted happy, like Toasty wanted me to be, but whenever I am alone, I kept thinking only one thing...  How am I supposed to live without Toasty??

I didn't even realize that is was now 5:00 am...  The faint sun rays were penetrating through the curtains, but ironically, it couldn't penetrate through the darkness I was engulfed with...

I got up, about to leave the room, when I saw that Gyaan was sleeping directly on the picture frame

I didn't want him to get hurt so I quietly slid the frame out of his hand...

I was about to place the frame on top of the cupboard when I looked at the actual picture that was in the frame

Toasty's picture??

I remembered the conversation me and Gyaan had before...

Me - Gyaan!  Aaj kya hya tujhe haan?  Aise nahi rote!  Chal chup ho jaa!

Gyaan - Aaj...  Aaj maa ki bahot ya... yaad aa rahi hai bhaiyya! (sobbing in between the words)

Me - Maa ki picture hai haath mein?

To which, Gyaan nodded

Tears welled up in my eyes, for the umpteenth time tonight

Unknowingly, a genuine smile formed on my face

Realization struck me, Gyaan calls Toasty Maa!

He was missing maa he told me... 

How did I not figure out he was talking about Toasty???

He hadn't spent any time with our Maa so he had never missed her in this manner

My teary eyes gave way for more tears, as I almost felt like laughing!

Toasty - I promise you Tej, main Gyaan ko Maa ki kami kabhi mehsoos nahi hone doongi!

I wiped my tears off...  As I finally found the purpose of my life

Toasty ne hamesha yeh parivaar ki bhalayi chahi hai...  Ab yeh meri zimmedari hai!  Toasty iss ghar ko khushi se bhar deti thi, main bhi wahi karne ki koshish karunga'  Usne har insaan ke saath ek alag rishta banaya tha' Ek bahu, ek beti, ek maa, ek behen'  Kya kuch nahi kiya usne?  Aur ab jab Toasty humaare saath nahi hai, main uska vaada nibaaunga!

I kissed Toasty's cheek in the picture, and then I kissed Gyaan's forehead...

I stepped out of my room, closing the doors behind me...  Promising myself to live life as Toasty would...  Promising myself to do all that I possibly can to keep our family happy...

I felt rejuvenated...  Maybe because after Toasty left us, this was the first time I felt alive and composed...  It was a new beginning, but the best part was I knew that Toasty would be proud of her Tej today...  And for me, that was all I wanted...  To do what Toasty would and make our love proud

Extra note: A part of this OS was inspired by Archana...  From her current SS on TejYa =)   The part I'm talking about is Gyaan refusing to sleep on Tej-Toasty's bed... So creds for that goes to you Archana! Embarrassed

I hope you guys liked the OS!

Please do comment back, would love to hear from you!

Edited by basket_101 - 17 August 2012 at 7:18pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Rahma11sowmyap03cool_abc110Tejy_Kumari.Sunshine.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Beginning OS" in Saas Bina Sasuraal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Sunshine.

IF-Rockerz

.Sunshine.

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Yaaay! I'm first to comment ;)

Hinal! <3 I totally loved it yar.
I love how you get Tej's emotions out. 
I really liked the flashback. It was essential to imply that he is actually living on these memories <3
I'm so happy that you brought up Gyan's emotions too. I think after Tej, he is the one who is suffering the most :/ 
Oh and that part where Tej realizes that it is actually Toasty's picture which Gyan was holding and saying it was his mother's was beautiful <3
And the last part just shows how much Tej loves his Toasty. Toasty would always be proud of her Tej <3

Tears are falling down as I'm writing down all this. Kudos to you! ;)

And thank you so much for that credit. It means a lot <3 Love you!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_abc110basket_101

cool_abc110

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

basket_101

Tejy_Kumari

Goldie

Tejy_Kumari

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
I loved this OS!!! Very nicely written and it has the lingering sadness in it that I expected there to be in the show despite Toasty's request in the letter for them to be happy.  I really wanted to see Gyaan's reaction and for Tej to remain in depression and mourning for a longer period of time and then have a turning point...the CVs didn't give them a chance to mourn the way the C's would have for Toasty's loss before slowly moving on. :/

Very lovely!! Do keep it up and write other OSs :)

basket_101

basket_101

IF-Rockerz

basket_101

Posted: 19 August 2012 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arch.Archu

I really liked the flashback. It was essential to imply that he is actually living on these memories <3
I'm so happy that you brought up Gyan's emotions too. I think after Tej, he is the one who is suffering the most :/ 
Oh and that part where Tej realizes that it is actually Toasty's picture which Gyan was holding and saying it was his mother's was beautiful <3
And the last part just shows how much Tej loves his Toasty. Toasty would always be proud of her Tej <3

Archu!! =D
I'm soo glad to see you comment first! =D
And also very glad to know you loved it! Embarrassed
You're such a sweetie!  Thanks soo much for such a sweet compliment!
I was not satisfied completely with how Tej was reacting to the situation in the show itself, so figured maybe I should take the initiative Wink
And like you said, even I think that Gyaan is the one suffering the most after Tej
I really wanted to highlight Gyaan and Toasty's relationship in this.. Especially because their relationship always had a tiny special corner in my heart... and I wished they elaborated a bit on that in the track right now.. Like they did in the coma track when Gyaan cried while talking to Nitika about Toasty <3
Anyway... you know I was a bit apprehensive about the ending.. I thought it was a bit cheesy... But I didn't know how else to end it.. So I did a little tweaking.. and I'm so glad I didn't change it!
Feels so nice to know that it came out right! =D

And aawww.. you seriously cried??  That seriously made my day!  I'm not even lying!!
=D
Lovee you Archu!
Thanks for the beautiful response <3 Embarrassed
Appreciate it!  Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_abc110.Sunshine.

basket_101

IF-Rockerz

basket_101

Posted: 19 August 2012 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_abc110

You Commented first ..but I liked it first..anyway..You are always first and a winner..I like it and want you to always be a winner..

Yess I really liked this OS..Originally TEJ TOasty are soul of each other..so they are made for each other together forever..It is difficult for them to live separated even for a moment..because it suffers them a lot..

I also liked the part where Gyan is missing Toasty as his mother..

I wish and pray ..no kid in this world should suffer in absence of either of his parents whether Dad or Mom..

It really means a lot for me as well..Love You as well Smile

Hey!
Thanks for liking first!! Wink  LOL
Thanks also for the comment! =)
It means a lot to me!! 
Glad to know that you liked the OS!!
I also do pray that no child should have to deal with such an instance, though reality is harsh and there are circumstances where a child loses both parents...
It is saddening, and I hope God gives them the strength and courage to bear that harsh and brutal reality
Anyway, coming back to the topic,
Thanks once again (=
Love you too (= Big smile

cool_abc110

basket_101

IF-Rockerz

basket_101

Posted: 19 August 2012 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tejy_Kumari

I loved this OS!!! Very nicely written and it has the lingering sadness in it that I expected there to be in the show despite Toasty's request in the letter for them to be happy.  I really wanted to see Gyaan's reaction and for Tej to remain in depression and mourning for a longer period of time and then have a turning point...the CVs didn't give them a chance to mourn the way the C's would have for Toasty's loss before slowly moving on. :/

Very lovely!! Do keep it up and write other OSs :)

Heyy!! =D
As soon as I read the first line of ur comment, I started smiling Blushing
I really do thank you for commenting!
These comments make me feel like writing the OS was actually worth it! Big smile
And about what you said in your comment (the bolded part), that was actually how I felt therefore I was compelled to write something related to that...
I didn't like the whole concept of just moving on and celebrating Toasty's death because that concept is very unrealistic and unnatural to me..  So I took the liberty of justifying the characters in my own little way... And after reading the comments, I'm glad I did Big smile
I will definitely try to write more OSs (=
Thanks for the encouraging comment! Hug

cool_abc110

.Sunshine.

IF-Rockerz

.Sunshine.

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by basket_101

Originally posted by Arch.Archu

Archu!! =D
I'm soo glad to see you comment first! =D
And also very glad to know you loved it! Embarrassed
You're such a sweetie!  Thanks soo much for such a sweet compliment!
I was not satisfied completely with how Tej was reacting to the situation in the show itself, so figured maybe I should take the initiative Wink
And like you said, even I think that Gyaan is the one suffering the most after Tej
I really wanted to highlight Gyaan and Toasty's relationship in this.. Especially because their relationship always had a tiny special corner in my heart... and I wished they elaborated a bit on that in the track right now.. Like they did in the coma track when Gyaan cried while talking to Nitika about Toasty <3
Anyway... you know I was a bit apprehensive about the ending.. I thought it was a bit cheesy... But I didn't know how else to end it.. So I did a little tweaking.. and I'm so glad I didn't change it!
Feels so nice to know that it came out right! =D

And aawww.. you seriously cried??  That seriously made my day!  I'm not even lying!!
=D
Lovee you Archu!
Thanks for the beautiful response <3 Embarrassed
Appreciate it!  Hug

Actually, I was quite happy about Tej's reaction in the show. I simply loved it. I thought it was perfect. Not too much and not too less. I wasn't expecting so much from him but he did it with pure perfection <3 But what I had expected was more mourning from everyone else :/
I'm so glad you had included Gyan in this :) I always felt a lack of Gyan-Toasty scenes :/ They have a special corner in my heart too <3 Oh yes, I remember that scene when Gyan spoke to Nitika about Toasty as to how he sees his mother in Toasty <3
Ah haaan :) Actually, the ending was just perfect <3 Nothing else could have made it beautiful <3
Yeah, I cried man because you brought out the sadness just too well <3 I could actually imagine the entire scene in front of me. You captured it too well <3
Awww, you are such a sweetie <3Hug

basket_101

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.