Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princess_avani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
OKAY...BEFORE YOU GUYS COME MARCHING AT ME WITH STICKS, I HAVE TO REALLY REALLY APOLOGISE FOR THE LATE UPDATE...I'M SO SORRY GUYS...BUT TIME HASN'T BEEN ON MY SIDE LATELY AND THE FATES ARE CONSPIRING AGAINST ME PREVENTING THE UPDATES...SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!
ALSO...I WANTED TO SAY THAT I FOUND YOU ALL WERE BEING A BIT TOO HARSH ON MY DARLING ASR FOR NOT KISSING KHUSHI...SO HE EXPLAINS HERE WHY HE DIDN'T DO IT...PLEASE DON'T HATE HIM TOO MUCH GUYS...!! ALSO THE PERSONAL ATRIBUTES OF HIS STORY TO KHUSHI ABOUT HIS FATHER ARE TAKEN FROM  CRICKETER  VIRAT KOHLI'S LIFE...!! OH HOW I LOVE THAT GUY!!!!😳😳😳
ANYWAY...ENOUGH OF BRAINLESS BLABBERING...😛😛😛
CHAPTER 7

DATE PART 2

He watched as her eyes flew open and she looked shocked, momentarily speechless. He'd really wanted to kiss her back then….the way she'd closed her eyes was so damned inviting…but a part of his brain told him not to do it…a part of him knew that he'd regret if he kissed her now…and more importantly, she'd regret being kissed….so he'd let that sane part win over his desire…it took every ounce of his resolve as he stepped away from her…..

He saw the confusion on her face which turned to relief as she backed away and then to sudden anger….He'd never seen anyone's expressions change in such quick succession. Most people around him always masked their emotions, but not this girl….she was an open book, her face laid bare for him to read….she wasn't predictable…hell she was anything but predictable, doing the most unexpected stuff, taking him by surprise every damn time…she was just like a kid…what was inside her, the way she felt, her emotions…they all showed on that pretty face which presently was filled with fury.

Khushi glared at him….'How dare he!!!!! How can he just toy with me like that…and what was I doing…closing my eyes like a stupid teen…what was I even thinking….this arrogant pig and me…gosh Khushi…girl…get a grip….look at him smiling as if he's just achieved something great….I'll teach him a lesson…you're gonna pay for playing with Khushi Kumari Gupta…you're so gonna pay ASR!!!!!!' Taking deep breaths, Khushi calmed herself down….she opened her eyes and found him eyeing her curiously…."What??"

"Nothing…"he said shrugging….

"Whatever…" she said rolling her eyes, making her way to the parking lot…he followed her wordlessly and they silently drove to the restaurant…through the journey Khushi's mood seemed to improve…she even smiled at the waiter as he took their order and brought them the wine….Taking this as a good sign Arnav set down his glass and decided to make small talk….

"You know Khushi…I was thinking…."

"Since when did you get into this new habit??"

"Very funny…."

"It is…I thought you left your brain on the pitch…."

"Are you quite done or is insulting me whetting your appetite in some way??"

"Nah….its just better entertainment then having you speak and ruin the evening…"

"Hey it's a part of my charm…..Girls can't resist me…."

"And what am I??"

"Oh sorry….I should've made myself clear….NORMAL girls can't resist me…"

"Well you're right I'm not normal…."

"So you accept it…."

"Of course….I'm extraordinary….."

Arnav rolled his eyes….."So does this extraordinary girls parents not mind her being out so late at night??"

He waited for a witty comeback….but it never came…instead he saw her slump back and look away….being quiet was not quite a characteristic he associated with Khushi….she looked up at him, took a large gulp of wine and spoke…."They're not here to let me know what they mind or not….."

"Oh….I'm um….I'm sorry….I didn't…."

"Don't bother…..you wouldn't have known….very few people actually know…."

"Why are you so shut Khushi….."

"Shut????"

"Why don't you share more about yourself….look at it…I've been working with you for a month but I don't know anything about you beyond your name…."

"Because I don't think it's worth telling…..specially not you….you wouldn't understand….."

Arnav leaned forward and stared right into her eyes…."Try me…."

Khushi looked at him….somehow his demenour was much more serious and she found herself letting her guard down and telling him what few people knew…..

"My father, was a lead singer in a very famous band…he had a love for music, a love that he transferred to me….we would sit together for a couple of hours every Sunday and he'd teach me to play guitar…it was the best part of my week, something I really looked forward to….I was really a good student….then, when I was 12, my mom died of cancer…after that, Dad was never the same….he started coming home late and he stopped smiling….he changed completely…the only thing that remained the same was our Sunday music sessions….I think that was the only time he looked remotely happy….then, on my 13th birthday….dad promised to get me a new guitar and teach me my favourite song….I waited impatiently for him to return from work….he never did….he died in a car accident enroute…..I was really broken after that….I was sent to live with an aunt of mine…but something in me was not the same…I began hating music….I stopped playing the guitar….then one night, when I was 17, I had a dream…it was the last music session I had with dad….I could see his smile as he watched me play his favourite song….when I woke up I realized that through the dark times, my dad was happy only when I played….this was what he wanted….and so I picked up his guitar and played his favourite song and I suddenly felt light….like a heavy burden was taken from me….it was also the day I decided to be in a band….I know you must think I'm crazy but well……"

Khushi closed her eyes trying to blink back the tears that were fighting to fall….Arnav looked at her….this was a side of Khushi he never knew….he didn't know that the girl had come through so much in her life….and it hurt him to see her in pain….he instinctively laid a hand on hers and found himself speaking about something that even his mother didn't know…..

"I don't think it is silly Khushi….You know, my father was the one who wanted me to play cricket…he dreamt that one day I would wear the Indian Jersey and play for the country….it was his motivation that made cricket my passion….I really loved him a lot and I would do anything to make him happy….but sadly he couldn't see me fulfill his life's dream…I was in the middle of a Ranji season when my Dad died of heart attack….I was beside myself…I didn't know what to do….I was lost….and then I dunno how but I looked up from my dad and I saw my bat…I knew in that moment that he wanted me to play….i went for the match….no one knew what to say to me….frankly I don't remember anything about that day except for the time I spent on the field….as soon as I got out, I rushed to my fathers funeral….Its Ironic that my perseverance that day was what made the selectors notice me and give me the cap….even today, whenever I make a century, I look up in the clouds and see my father smiling….even today, when I dunno what to do, I feel my father whispering the answers to me….even today, before every match I remember him and cry myself to sleep……so you know….I do understand…."

Khushi looked at him….this was not something she'd expected….she knew of the story of the death of his father and his subsequent success, after all  it was all over the papers, but she didn't knew that in this arrogant bas***d was a child who still missed his dad….who still wanted his dad to be with him….it was for the first time , Khushi thought she heard something in his voice.

Something . . . genuine.

Arnav saw her looking at him…."What??"

Khushi shook her head…."Nothing…it's just that you were the last person on earth who I would expect to understand me…."

"Well life is full of the unexpected…."

"Ya I guess…."Khushi raised her glass…."Lets raise a toast"

"To what??"

"To fulfilling our fathers dreams…."she said smiling.

Arnav smiled with her, and for a moment they were just two people being themselves, without anything else mattering.

Until the hotel manager interrupted the mood, that is. He bent over and whispered something into Arnav's ear.

Khushi watched as he listened to whatever news the manager conveyed. She saw that his expression turned strangely serious.

"I understand," Arnav said, sounding very disappointed. "I guess it was to be expected." With a terse thank you he bid the manager away.

Khushi noticed that Arnav stared at his hands for a moment longer. When his eyes looked up and found hers, she could've sworn he seemed angry.

"Well, Ms. Gupta. It seems we have a problem."

15 minutes later

KHUSHI STARED OUT the lobby windows at the enormous mob of paparazzi

that had gathered outside. Hovering like vultures and perched with their cameras, they waited in anticipation for their favourite cricketer to emerge. She saw that a few photographers had even gone so far as to climb the trees that flanked the building's courtyard.

It was right then, that she had what she could only describe as a momentary "realization"—a moment where it struck her who Arnav actually was. Oddly, for the entire evening, she had somehow forgotten he was famous.

Frankly, those other moments—when it struck Khushi that Arnav was pretty much the most famous sports star alive—made her uncomfortable. Because those were the moments that made her feel as though they somehow weren't equals. She much preferred thinking of Arnav merely as some random jerk who annoyed the crap out of her.

But truth be told, there was a second reason she disliked these momentary realizations: they inevitably seemed to be paired with the "realization" that Arnav was, in fact, divinely handsome. She took a breath to calm herself and looked out again.

"It's a madhouse out there," she murmured in amazement, taking in the scene. "I don't think I've ever seen so many cameras in one place."

Arnav stood behind her, not amazed in the slightest.

"Any idea how they found out I'm here?"

Mesmerized by the media circus, Khushi didn't notice the sharp edge to his voice.

"Probably one of the waiters, if I had to guess."

Arnav didn't bother to hide his bitterness. For some reason, he felt like he'd been punched in the gut since the moment manager had let him know that someone had tipped off the media to his whereabouts. Of course, he should've known that Khushi Gupta would inevitably use his name to make one for herself. How typical. He just couldn't figure out why it bothered him so much this time.

She suddenly turned away from the windows and faced him. This is the part, Arnav thought, where she feigns annoyance, then asks how she looks as she primps for the cameras. Ready for my close-up, Mr.DeMille.

And so Khushi shrugged, as if accepting the fate of their situation. "Well, I guess this is where you do your thing," she said, gesturing to the door that was their only way out. "Have fun." And with that, she did the unthinkable.

She walked away.

She had gone only a few steps when she glanced back at Arnav, apparently with one final thought. "It's been . . . interesting, Mr. Raizada," she said. Then she hurried off toward the elevator bank.

Arnav stood there, speechless. Funny how he seemed to be like that quite a bit whenever he was around her.

He watched for a few moments, thoroughly confused, as Khushi walked away. Then he finally managed to find his voice.

"Wait!"

She stopped abruptly when he shouted and turned around. He gestured questioningly to the door.

"Aren't you coming, too?"

Khushi stared at him incredulously. "Are you crazy? There must be a hundred cameras out there. I'll leave later, when everyone's gone."

Arnav's jaw almost hit the floor. "Let me get this straight," he said slowly. "You don't want to be seen with me?"

He then looked at Khushi with such disbelief she couldn't help but smile. He was quite cute when utterly clueless.

"I know this may be a first for you, but yes I don't particularly like the idea of being seen with you….but don't feel bad….I don't like the idea of being seen with anyone…or infact even alone in front of the media for that matter…."

"But you are a media manager…."he asked confused….

"I know…but I prefer handling the careers of those who like to face the cameras….I pretty much work behind the scenes…and being a manager, I also know how these photo's of us together will work….so no thanks…."

And it was in that moment, at her refreshing disinterest in the publicity that constantly surrounded his life, that Arnav felt the strangest sensation—a slightly panicky, breathless feeling, like riding on a roller coaster.

It was an odd feeling for him—something he couldn't quite identify—but he knew one thing.

He didn't want her to leave.

"I'm sure we can find some other exit…."

Khushi stopped in her path…."If I didn't know better, I'd say you were desperate for me….but then I remembered, I wasn't your type…."

Arnav smirked….this woman had a hell of a way of throwing his words back at him…"Well….what say??"

She shrugged…."As long as I don't have to face a camera, I don't mind…"

And so Arnav had beckoned to the manager and through clever maneuverings, they were currently on their way to her house.

Khushi shuddered back to reality….how she hated remembering the times they spent together…they brought back all those scars that she'd hidden, they seemed to reopen the wounds she'd tried to heal….she'd given him everything and he'd made a mockery of her feelings…..

Song- Grenade (Bruno Mars)

Easy come, Easy go, that's just how you live,

Oh, take, take, take it all but you never give,

Should've known you was trouble from the first kiss,

Had your eyes wide open, why were they open???

Gave you all I had and you tossed in the trash,

You tossed it in the trash you did,

To give me all your love is all I ever asked

'Cause what you don't understand is….

I'd catch a grenade for ya,

Throw my hand on a blade for ya,

I'd jump in front of a train for ya,

You know I'd do anything for ya…

Oh……

I would go through all this pain,

Take a bullet straight through my brain,

Yes, I would die for you baby,

But you won't do the same!!!!!!!

SO HERE GOES GUYS!!!!

LOVE IT??👏👏 HATE IT??😭😭

PLEASE DO LEAVE YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS!!!😊😊😊

ALL SORTS OF CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS MOST WELCOME!!!!

LOVE,

PRINCESS⭐️⭐️

KKKA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
PRINCESS...THANKS FOR COMING BACK THOUGH AFTER A

LONG TIME 

THIS IS A GOOD STORY 

I FIND NOTHING WRONG IN IT ...JUST POLISH IT A BIT 

MAKE IT GRIPPING ...IT COULD BE ONE OF THE VERY GOOD STORIES 

AS THE CONCEPT OF A SPORT STAR IS NEW AND DIFFERENT 

PUT IN MORE FEELINGS AND EMOTION 

WRITE SOMETHING DIFFERENT NOT THE USUAL ..BOY MEET

GIRL AND HEARTBREAK ETC ETC 

MAKE KHUSHI STRONG 

MAKE ARNAV THINK WITH HIS BRAINS 

LET THERE BE UNDERSTANDING MORE THAN

MISUNDERSTANDING

YOU WRITE VERY WELL ...

THANKS FOR THE PM 

KEEP ME POSTED 

KKKA

iamursforever thumbnail
Loved it:))
Thnkz for the pm:)
Cont. Soon:)
..Gunjan.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey awesome story read it in one go
Loved it
Are you a fan of sports and cricket?
Well I really loved the story
Oh I was first to shocked with the two year leap but it seems very Intresting
Continue soon
Pls PM me when you update
scarlet2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
g8 update, the plot looks quite different... continue soon
pokemonian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
just luved the story
so what happpened in the past?
pls update quickly
and send pms to mee too
fraser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fab update
i dont think stry is bland...
Jst make it more spicy n polished it by gripping it
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Fantastic  !!! an update after long time...  it is very nice concept.. believe it.. love characters of  ARSHI ..hope you update it regularly..😊
casker thumbnail
Superb FF.
pls update soon.
arushiashvik thumbnail
Continue soon
Plz PM me when you update