New OS: How I Met Your Mother :)

SmileyStar thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Everyone πŸ€—

Yep its me with another new OS!! Yayyy! *looks here and there and sees only murderous glares* Oopsie! πŸ˜† Actually my friend Dilru got free from exams today so this one's for her and for her freedom!! πŸ˜‰ Its in 3 parts! Got longer than I intended it to πŸ˜› Hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it 😳 All 3 parts posted! And its nothing related to the sitcom, 'How I Met Your Mother' I love stole the name πŸ˜‰

'I'm homeee!'

Asmara sang as she always did on entering her house causing Ashar's lips to curve up in a smile. Though he wouldn't admit this to her face in a thousand years, he always missed her when she wasn't around. The house would be too quiet without his loud and cheeky 16 year old sister. Though he was a quiet boy at 18, he always smiled at the thought that his sister was loud and talkative enough to make up for both of them.

'Heyyy bhaiya!! Bet you missed me loads but don't worry, I'm back!' She said in a super fast voice, grinning from ear to ear, seeing him sprawled on the sofa watching football.

'You wish! I didn't even notice you weren't home.' He lied coolly with a smirk.

She sticked out her tongue at him before flopping on the sofa next to him groaning, 'I'm so tired, its not even funny'.

'You went to Annie's house, right? Why are you so tired? Did she make you clean her house? You know like sweeping and mopping the floor etc?' He teased.

'Of course not! My friends aren't like yours.' Asmara scoffed making Ashar laugh.

Asmara had just returned from Aman Uncle's house. His daughter, Annie was getting married and though she was years older than Asmara, still they were really close. And now that Annie's wedding was approaching, Asmara spent most of her time at her house. They lived quite near by.

'Bhaiya, did I ever tell you how Annie Di met Adi Bhai?' Asmara asked suddenly sitting up and looking at him, her eyes sparkling.

'No, and I don't want to know either. Though I'm sure its very romantic and all.' He replied rolling his eyes.

'I don't know whats with you and your dislike for love and where you got this special trait from but I'm gonna tell you anyway.' Asmara replied.

'Asmi, why do you ask my permission when you always do whatever you want?' Ashar asked chuckling at her annoyance.

'Ufff! Shut up and listen Bhaiya!' Asmara ordered exasperately and Ashar suppressed his laugh as he turned to her with a bored look on his face.

'You won't believe how cool and dramatic it was, Bhaiya!' She began enthusiastically. 'Annie Di first met Adi Bhai while she was flying to Mumbai and he was sitting in the seat next to her on the plane. It was a football match that day and they got in an argument with Annie Di supporting Manchester United and Adi Bhai supporting Liver Pool. They criticized each other's team and fought all the way to Mumbai. By the time they landed, they hated each other's guts and hoped never to meet each other. And then guess what? Both got job in the same company and fell for each other! Its so... movie-like, you know. I never thought these kinda things actually happened in real life.' She sighed dreamily. 'So romantic, Isn't it?'

'Uh huh' Ashar nodded, lips pressed in a thin line to stop himself from breaking into a fit of laughter.

'You think so too?' Asmara asked him happily but her doe like eyes were slightly narrowed with disbelief.

'Yes, I think that this is the stupidiest thing I've ever heard!' Ashar managed to get out before he fell to his side on the sofa roaring with laugher.

'I... I hate you!!' Asmara grabbed the cushion behind her and flung it at Ashar's head but he seemed not to notice as he was too busy laughing his head off. 'You think its stupid, huh?' Asmara huffed, 'Wait till you fall in love and then we'll see who's the stupid one.' She fumed, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away.

'I'll never fall in love Asmi! I've already thought about it. Its such a stupid thing to do anyway.' Ashar replied, still sniggering.

'You don't fall in love by planning, you idiot. It just happens.' She said dreamily.

In reply, Ashar just broke into a new fit of laugher causing Asmara to get hold of another cushion and whack it on this head.

'Careful! My hair!' Ashar exclaimed quickly running her hand through his hair setting it back in gelled spikes.

'Why do you use so much gel on your hair? Dad says its not good.' Asmara frowned at him.

'Oh hello? Have you seen Dad's pics when he was younger? I think he used to dunk his head in a hair gel bottle before starting his day.' He said smirking.

'Oh Shut up about my dad!' Asmara warned. 'Anyway Bhaiya, Mum and Dad claim they had a love marriage. I was wondering what their love story was?' She asked.

'Well I think their love story probably went something like this,' Ashar begin his honey brown eyes twinkling with mischief.

Scroll down for PART 2 😳Edited by SmileyStar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SmileyStar thumbnail
Ashar began, 'Once upon a time, Anjali Bua was sitting with Bari Dadi who undoubtly had that goat, what was her name again? Yes, Laxmi! So Bari Dadi was sitting with Laxmi in her lap when suddenly Anjali bua decided that it was time to get her Chotay married. As always Bari Dadi agreed. Then when Dad got home, Anjali bua told him about her latest decision, earning a 'What the' and possibly 'Kia ap pagal ho gae ho Di?' from Dad'. Asmara giggled and Ashar continued, 'but then Anjali Bua probably emotionally blackmailed him and Dad gave in. They went to see a girl, that is, mum and they stared into each others eyes as they still do sometimes and fell in love. You know "Love at first sight".' Ashar wriggled his eye brows while making quotation marks in the air. 'They got married and had me and lived happily ever after. Story ended' He replied snickering.

'They had me too!' Asmara said indignantly.

'Oh yes! Forgot to add, they found you in a trash bin and then lived Not so happily ever after!' Ashar teased her.

'That is so not true!'

Ashar and Asmara turned on hearing Arnav's voice to find both their parents standing behind them. Arnav had an amused smirk on his face while Khushi had turned red from laughing.

'We didn't find Asmara in a bin and I didn't meet your mother that way, Ashar.' Arnav said laughing, as he sat on the sofa and Khushi also took a seat next to him.

'Our meeting was so dramatic that it beats all the movies you've ever watched.' Khushi said, resulting in Ashar rolling his eyes.

'Yes, without a doubt!' Arnav agreed, 'We met at Sheesh Mahal, Lucknow, during a Fashion Show and your mother tripped and fell into my arms the first time I laid my eyes on her.' Arnav said smirking slightly.

'What??' Ashar and Asmara bellowed together.

'I don't believe this!' Asmara exclaimed.

'Actually Asmi, if you think about it, Mum does have a knack for falling when Dad's around.' Ashar said winking at his sister and earning a smack on his head from Khushi, saying 'I Do Not!'

Ashar and Asmara giggled and Arnav continued enjoying his audience's reactions.

'And I thought some rival company had sent her to spoil my show so I behaved very rudely with her. We hated each other then right from the begining.'

Asmara interrupted then, raising her eye brows and asking, 'Dad, you and rude?'I don't think thats even possible!'

Arnav chuckled at that, shaking his head, 'No, I used to be pretty rude back then. And after that we met at a dargah and fought there too.' Arnav smiled at the memory and Khushi took over.

'Then I came to Dehli with Jiji to live with Buaji and on that day, I hit someone's car with a scooty and guess who's SUV it was?' She asked them.

'Dad's?' Ashar asked, his mouth gaping and Khushi nodded smiling brightly.

'No way!' Asmara exclaimed.

'Yes way!' Arnav smirked. 'She wouldn't leave me alone!'

'Shut up Arnav.' Khushi grinned at him before continuing, 'Then I got a job in a huge firm and guess who my boss was?' She looked at them expectantly, positively beaming.

'Nooo! Not dad!' Asmara said wide eyed but Khushi just nodded vigorously, throughly enjoying herself. Ashar just gawked silently.

'I started working there and your dad was so horrible to me that I had to quit.'

'Dad being horrible to you is something I can't imagine. He's always so sweet!' Asmara said.

'Trust me, he was anything but sweet back then. Remember we both hated each other like anything' Khushi said, 'Then your Anjali Bua offered me a new job and that was to teach a girl how to be a good bahu.' Khushi said smiling but careful.

'That was your job?' Ashar raised his eye brows in disbelief and Khushi nodded in affirmation.

'But who was the girl?' Asmara asked.

'Your Dad's girlfriend! And no, I'm not gonna tell you her name.' Khushi said quickly before either of them could ask.

'Dad. Had. A. Girlfriend?!' Asmara's mouth was a perfect O now.

'Yes and while I was teaching her, we fell in love with each other without even knowing it.' Khushi's face now adorned a soft smile.'She did realize it though and left the country in the hope that we'd realize it soon too, only we didn't. Your dad didn't believe in love then.

''What?' Both of them exclaimed together halting Khushi's speech.

'But dad's the one who always takes you out for surprise dinners on your birthday, anniversary, valentine's day and what not?' Asmara said.

'Not to forget how grumpy he was last year when we wished mum on her birthday before him.' Ashar chipped in.

'I was not!' Arnav said.

'Were too' Ashar and Asmara said in one voice.

'Was not!' Arnav said stubbornly.

'Were too!'

'Was not!'

'Were too Dad and you know it!' Asmara said in a sing song voice.

'I was grumpy for another reason.' Arnav said, lying through his teeth.

'Sure sure' Ashar said snickering.

'Okay, okay! Stop lying Arnav! I know it too.' Khushi intervened, 'So where was I? Yes! Your dad didn't believe in love and marriage...'

'Oh'! Asmara interrupted

Scroll down for PART 3 😳Edited by SmileyStar - 11 years ago
SmileyStar thumbnail
'Ohhh!' Asmara interrupted, 'Now I know from why Ashar doesn't believe in love! Cos he's a ditto copy of Dad!

Ashar just rolled his eyes while Khushi and Arnav laughed.

'Well, Ashar then make sure you don't stand right in front of a ramp at any fashion show' Arnav advised his son in a mock seriousness.

'Don't worry Dad! Even if I do end up at the front, I won't catch the falling girl, no matter how pretty she is.' He replied back smirking.

'Okay okay? Can I continue now?' Khushi asked, annoyed at all the interruptions.

'Sure Mum! Go ahead' Asmara said hastily.

'So when we finally had to get married, we made a contract deal that our marriage was going to last for only 6 months. Dramatic, no?' Khushi asked grinning but she could have dropped an actual bomb and still have gotten the same reaction. Ashar and Asmara actually jumped hearing this, their faces bewildered.

'What?? We know you love making deals dad but you made your marriage a deal too?' Ashar asked, his mouth hanging open.

'But why did you guys do it? I mean what was the catalyst behind all this?' Asmara asked confused.

Khushi looked at Arnav uneasily, not wanting to tell their children about Shyam and his demented crush on her.

'Because Akash and Payal had fallen in love and they wanted to get married and Nani said she won't let them get married until I do cos I'm older than Akash, you know.' Arnav shrugged his shoulders casually.

'Akash and Payal Mausi had a love marriage too?' Ashar asked, disbelief etched on his face.

'I can't wait to tell this to Anser and Aashi! Seems like our parents aren't as innocent as we think of them to be.' Asmara said, beaming.

Khushi continued hastily, 'So we got married thinking its only for 6 months...'

Arnav cut her midsentence 'But then when the 6 months passed, we realized we just couldn't let each other go. We had fallen too deeply in love to back out. Just the thought of spending the rest of my life alone made breathing difficult.' Arnav said with a far off look in his eyes. Khushi gently squeezed his hand bringing him back to reality as she added softly, 'and we've been together ever since. Now isn't it better than filmy stories? She asked grinning widely at her kids.

'Yes!' Asmara said, looking awed. 'Why didn't you tell us before?'

'I don't know. Guess it never came up.' Khushi frowned lightly.

'See Bhaiya! I was right! You will fall in love one day too and you wouldn't even know what hit you.' Asmara said smugly.

'I'm not going to, Asmi.' Ashar said in a bored voice.

'We'll see! I can't wait to fall in love and get married.' Asmara said enthusiastically.

'What the?' Arnav jumped.

'What dad?' Asmara looked at Arnav confused.

'You're not going to get married!' Arnav exclaimed.

'What? Of course I am, dad!' Asmara replied.

'No, you're not allowed to!' Arnav said stubbornly.

'What do you mean by that, dad?' Asmara asked slightly irritated.

'I mean, you're not leaving this house and thats final!' Arnav replied.

Asmara looked at her father suddenly silent, her anger melting and being replaced by affection. Her dad loved her too much to bear the thought of her leaving.

'But I'll get married some day dad. Like Annie Di. She's an only daughter too, you know.' She said softly.

'I don't know how Aman allowed it but I'm not going to.' Arnav said.

'Arnav, she will one day and you know it too' Khushi said softly, squeezing his hand gently.

'I know!' Arnav said suddenly frustrated, 'But if she does, her husband lives here cos she sure as hell isn't going to go anyway.'

'No way Dad! Ghar Jamai are sooo not cool!' Asmara said horrified.

'Why are we talking about this now? It'll be years before Asmara gets married.' Khushi said lightly, seeing Ashar's suddenly subdued face.

'Yes, we'll have this discussion in 15, 20 years.' Arnav said gruffly.

'What??' Dad I'm not going to get married that old!' Asmara said, her mouth hanging open.

'Okay! Okay! This discussion's over!' Khushi stepped in. 'Now who wants dinner? And guess what I've made for desert?' Khushi asked enthusiastically.

'Jalebies!' The trio replied in a chorus and Khushi laughed.

She quickly stood up to set the table and Asmara trailed after her to help. Once it was done, Asmara bounced in the lounge, asking Arnav and Ashar to come to the dining room. Ashar quickly hurried away, saying, 'Hurry up Lazy bones! I'm going to grab the biggest Jalebi.'

'No! Thats mine, Bhaiya!' Asmara jumped to run behind him before stopping midway. She went up to Arnav sitting on the sofa quietly and hugged him from behind saying, 'I love you Dad! And I'll never want to go away from you. Ever!'

Arnav nodded saying 'I know!' in a gruff voice, too overwhelmed with emotions to speak more.

Wheww! Done! *wipes sweat from her brows* πŸ˜› This is the longest I've written in one go so I'd appreciate it if you don't make me regret doing this πŸ˜‰ Please Leave your LIKES and COMMENTS! I can't wait to read those 😳

P.S. Will update ASR Jr's Diary soon!Edited by SmileyStar - 11 years ago
DeePiku thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
First comment?? Holy GOD!

ANYWAYS..
ahhh!!!!!! I FREAKING LOVED IT! SOOO CUTE AND ADORABLE! Now I am dying to see Arnav and Khushi as parents...AWESOME!!!!!! It was too good!
Deedeepa1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Omggg sooo good and cute
Looove it
AR_LOVER thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
awesome
superbly written
loved it
arushi05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow you always make me smile by writing about this adorable family of four. I just love ashar and asmara's bro-sis bond, which i have said many times before.
I am in love with this adorable, loving, overprotecting fatherly arnav. Looks like he has still not overcome the insecurities for he does not want asmara to atall leave the house. Ashar is just like him for he also is not in the idea of asmara getting married and leaving the house.
Asmara is like khushi as she is more matured and strong minded.
Please write more on ashar asmara's life.
Charmz_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Wohooo...finally an os was waiting for it for so long but it's size makes it all up that was one huge os n it was totally fabulousπŸ‘πŸΌ
Luved it❀️
kyunki_iloveu thumbnail
tht was just amazinggg
absolutelyyy
sooo cuteee
keep up the os's
:)
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I LOVED it to bits! Perfect story! SO cute!!

SO Anjali married Aman! Good for her! LOL
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 11 years ago