OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Weeping beauty: Jeeya's whimpers are real
   By: Tushar Joshi
   May 4, 2005

Deepa Parab
Here's an actress who has taken her acting a bit too seriously.

The next time you see Jeeya (Deepa Parab) cry on Reth (Zee TV) spare some time to appreciate her tears. Parab, who has been a theatre actress for some time, can cry at the drop of a hat.

She discovered her unique talent right in the beginning of the show when she was required to get teary-eyed for a particular scene.

"I knew I didn't want to use glycerin. So I decided to just go along with the flow and emote.

Surprisingly, when it came to crying I didn't have to try too hard. It came very naturally," says Deepa.

Parab's ability to cry became so popular that everyone would gather on the sets to watch her shed those tears. "I don't have an explanation as to how I do this, but for me it's like a switch which I turn on and off when required.

It's just that I don't like glycerin and prefer staying as natural as possible."
So does it mean she's a crybaby in real life too? "Not at all. That's my on-screen persona. It's just that I'm too sentimental in real life and get touchy."

Shyam Bhatta, the producer and cinematographer for the show, says, "I was totally shocked and surprised when I saw her cry.

The most interesting part about her is that she can do controlled crying. Which means if I ask her to stop crying and start again she can do it efficiently."

He discovered her talent when she was required to do a scene in a taxi where she is alone and thinking about a moment. "I told her to look sad and lost in thought. I had even asked for glycerin, but she refused.

From that day onwards, Deepa has managed to do all the emotional scenes with natural tears."

Oh, what a tear-jerking story! Sob!

SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:58am | IP Logged

awwww jia iknew her tears were real. I can also fake cry on cue used in in many traffic violations.

Thanks for this article fortypur!

sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
omg..this is soo funny
SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 5:46am | IP Logged
lol it works everytime. But yeah u can tell that her tears are real
shikdumGAL Senior Member
shikdumGAL
shikdumGAL

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
wow thts like natural talent. But she does overacting in crying, so she needs to concentrate on that one.
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Oh Man...that is so hard. But I guess we have to say that is a good talent. Not many can do that. Also she acted in another serial...even there she was a cry baby Cry
SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
omg shikdum and sarina where were u guys  glad u guys are back!
sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
haha..this show was getting pretty stupid..so i kind of stopped watching it..lol..and been on and off online too..Wink

Go to top