Members Lounge
Members Lounge

India-Forums

My car has damage from 5 accidents ... advice?

IntelligenceArt Newbie
IntelligenceArt
IntelligenceArt

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Hi, I'm an Indian living in the UK at present. My Toyota Corolla Axio has a bit of damage on the front and rear.

Once I slipped on ice and hit an SUV in front of me and there was negligible damage to both cars. The impact was really slow.

My sister has reversed into walls and gates a couple of times at low speeds because of confusing the accelerator and brake or being in the reverse gear by mistake. She has deformed the back bumper and the latch that closes the boot so you need to bang the boot to close it and it vibrates while driving.

Another time my foot slipped from the brake pedal and I turned the car on the guard rail to prevent rear ending the car ahead of me. This caused some denting to the hood and bent the bumper inwards.

I was not able to drive the car as the bumper was touch one of the wheels while steering. I hammered the bumper forwards in the area near the wheel and now I can drive it. However I do hear a rattling noise from the front corner.

I was wondering whether if anyone had tips on stopping the rattling noise if possible and making the boot work properly. I don't care too much about getting the bodywork to original condition but would really like the boot to close properly.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top