Celebrity Fan Clubs

Two Lawyers, One Degree - A Suits FC - Page 76

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Maz.

OK done watching.  Aren't finale's supposed to have a cliffhanger of sorts?..Why were we subjected to a random sex scene of Mike and Rachel? *head desk* Oh wait..it was supposed to be Mike confessing to Rachel eh?...πŸ₯±

Anyway...I did like parts of the episode.. Jessica trying her best to get Harvey to see the good in this situation..the washroom scene was harsh coming from Jess...but warranted in a way I guess..Harvey was being unstoppable...he needed to understand that the merger was the price to pay to defeat Hardman and the rest.. A humbled Harvey is hard to watch yes...I did not like the Scottie lowe angle...randomly stuffed in..

Donna-Louis were nice... and Darby...oh my Nur...Ditto!..he was so Vary's like especially that one portion where he tells Harvey the fox dialogue..πŸ˜† and then "on the morrow"...I enjoyed watching him..

It was a cop out in some ways, Mazzy...like WHY are they glossing over the courtroom scenes? NOW it's bothering me...They thought it wasn't RELEVANT enough to show the actual courtroom scenes where Harvey loses the wager or whatever it is...sab baaton baaton mein hi nikaal diya? Literally the entire epi was built on CONVERSATIONS b/w the characters...none of the actual ACTION except umm I guess the one b/w Mike-Rachel🀒🀒🀒...apparently that's the only "action" that counts.

So thanks to the fact that ACTION is now diluted, I DON'T feel the IMPACT...I feel they could have done SO much better if their intention was indeed to humble Harvey...by the end of it it feels like the season just went around in circles and didn't really reach any worthwhile conclusion.

Just compare this to season 1 which CONSTANTLY kept us guessing and had the humor woven in SO much better.

I wouldn't mind Varys as a regular character in the next season too but somehow I doubt it...they'll just pack him off to London as the "silent partner" I'm willing to bet...otherwise his scenes with Jessica, Harvey were good.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

You're right everything is done within the offices of Pearson...a little courtroom drama would be nice..but they are giving the reason as Harvey being a closer...and so he gets his deals done without the need to go to court..

I don't really remember much of the earlier episodes of the season...lol...but yea on the whole it's just that Hardman is out now..

@Darby... pakka he'll be the silent partner..Scottie may return..and the only other hint was about Harvey's brother..so yea maybe that..

Some really good episodes in between but true a mixed season overall..
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maz.

You're right everything is done within the offices of Pearson...a little courtroom drama would be nice..but they are giving the reason as Harvey being a closer...and so he gets his deals done without the need to go to court..

I don't really remember much of the earlier episodes of the season...lol...but yea on the whole it's just that Hardman is out now..

@Darby... pakka he'll be the silent partner..Scottie may return..and the only other hint was about Harvey's brother..so yea maybe that..

Some really good episodes in between but true a mixed season overall..

Yeah but notice the difference b/w Harvey the closer in the first season and the Harvey NOW...where is that SPARK to his character? Atleast for me it was LARGELY missing in this epi.

And what is up with the stupid lowe stories in this show? They need to give it a rest cuz they are TERRIBLE at showing the love angles...I don't get either Harvey's dalliances nor Mike's idiotic bedroom musical chairs.

*sigh* Chalo done with Suits...GoT needs to be here SOON!πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

I feel the finale could have been better even though yes it was better than the mid-season finale no doubt.

But I feel that by the end of it, this season of Suits became a mish-mash that didn't give much idea about where the story is heading...it's very confusing to watch the epis in some ways...it feels like a jumble of powerful scenes sometimes without any point. 

Jessica was terrific, yes...but I dunno how I feel about watching such a humbled Harvey...somehow it just doesn't seem Harvey then...not saying he should forever continue being an arrogant prick but the WAY they went about humbling him here...and the last scene with Jessica was such a slap-down...somehow just didn't feel right. 

And W*F were the last 4 minutes about? Mike tells Rachel the truth about him, she slaps him and suddenly they are ripping each other's clothes off and having wild sex?πŸ€”...I was expecting some powerful storyline conclusion...instead the last 5 minutes were wasted in a lame sex scene to titillate the audiences...pathetic.

Things I did enjoy:

Darby being all Varys-likeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...I was getting so much GoT deja vu seeing  him maneuvering Harvey around...lol...and this show was quite an ode to British stuff...what with the whole announcing him in stuff. 

The Scotty angle was just LAMEE...I myself couldn't figure out what to believe about her till the end and it just felt so blahh by the end...such lazy writing. 

And what exactly is Donna trying to achieve? Playing cupid for Harvey and Scotty?πŸ˜•

Mordor, I have to echo you exactly on the part in bold. I did in fact enjoy the episode for quite a few reasons and it was without a moment's doubt way better than the mid season finale - for one, they didn't try to "contrive" a heroic win for anyone. I guess the prime reason is that the battle was between Harvey and Jessica, than slimy Hardman vs the "good duo". They had to make one win and in neither case could they really make a hero out of the winner without letting down fans of the other. Which eventually, even without heroism, did happen. As you said Nur, watching such a drastically cut down and humbled Harvey was... a very ambivalent spot. And I daresay, I would have felt likewise, had Jessica lost, it's just not fair to make one choose between favorites. But to the credit of the finale's writing, at least, it was much better justified than mid season. Harvey was against a very strong pair, and it's interesting how the whole season barely referred to Mike's fraud scenario, only to bring it up as a trump card against Harvey at this point. Also, it was going to be the case of either Mike letting Harvey down, or Harvey letting Jessica down. 

In Harvey's defense - I think Jessica does in fact have (as infinitesimal as it maybe) the "trust" issue as Hardman calls it. Not exactly trust, but this niggling latent thing back of her head about being on the toes with Harvey. I can't say I entirely overrule it. Not just that, if she can team up with Darby for a merger despite him using talks with other firms as back up, why is Harvey's use of any means to his end so offensive to her? She's sooner compromise on complete fair trade with an outsider, than Harvey... 

Then again, in her defense, the point she makes about the rise in their position with the merger is VERY legit. Its what she told him once before, her priority is the firm, over all else. I do think she falls in her place as a mentor to Harvey this time though. She could have kept him IN THE LOOP, on her side, than pitting the whole thing so challengingly against him. The fact that Darby questions her authority of her own right hand is attributed to her failure to keep him RIGHT beside her through this all. Which again, brings me to Hardman's notion not being altogether false. 

And at the same time, her manipulation of Mike causes Harvey to lose out on his right hand. It's the first spot to watch Harvey in - a mentor who fails him, and mentee who does too. The Scotie angle was lame, and I just wish they'd have given us more Donna Harvey substance instead, to make up for SOME support system that still works for Harvey. The pathetic irony was Mike claiming how he's lost it all in that last scene, when really, ALL the sympathies in this episode were bagged by Harvey. And I guess Suits is not really going to completely get over making TRPs with Mike's affairs. The last scene was such a desperate close to a finale that would otherwise have been quite above average. You can't honestly close a season in such bad taste, but knowing the Mike Rachel shippers, we might be in minority. 

Also Nur, BIG BOLD WORD to what you said about how this season has had some extremely potential high strung scenes that have led to nothing. It has been my complain with the last 2 episodes in particular, in fact, just a tad less with the finale itself. In general, there have been too many instances that have left me wanting for a proper closure they never got. Can I put Louis on TOP of that list? Why do the creatives waste so much time coming up with versions of Louis's kindred spirits, honestly? Why not use that time to actually give CONSEQUENCE to his high scenes? He's just going to end up becoming that guy with a bark and no bite, honestly. They give him scenes with Harvey where he wants revenge against Hardman, or wants to back him against the merger, and then, nothing quite comes of it. Just empty claims. Disappoints me so much, since Louis is such a fave for me! 

I wish I could love Jessica more in the finale, because she was fantastic, but like I said before, you can't put two faves to battle and expect a viewer to choose without guilty sympathy... 

Oh and, I did like Darby quite a lot. Of course I also had a soft corner for the DA references πŸ˜† I have to admit, I enjoyed his win over Harvey more than Jessica's - perhaps because they don't have history to interfere with their battle. 
Got it. Edited by ikeelyou - 10 years ago
Ms.Sherlocked thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
ARE U GUYS SERIOUS?? OMG!!  Seriously i never knew this forum would hv a SUITS FAN CLUB?? Crazy this is!! Oh how much i LOVE THIS SHOW!! Specially Harvey!!😳 I am kinda new to india forums..so dint know there was actually Celebrity fanclub too!! lolπŸ˜† Just checked out an man..am i soo happy!!πŸ˜ƒ Yayy..greenback boogie!!πŸ˜†
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Suits mid-season premiere tomorrow... anyone excited?