Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Two Lawyers, One Degree - A Suits FC (Page 93)

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
The slaps! haha

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathomLadyMcbethincandescence

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged

Harvey's smile hereDay Dreaming *swoons* lol

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

iHeartMoiMaz.without-fathomLadyMcbethincandescence

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Exactly...and that is why I loved the writing here...it was HUMAN for the doubts to creep in...the faith shook ever so little...and kudos to Hardman for doing it effectively like you said...but ultimately the bond IS that strong that it CAN'T be broken like this...props also to Jessica for how she handled it cuz she's known Hardman longer than Harvey has...

What's interesting is that this whole profession is about these ppl being such SMOOTH liars...about keeping secrets effectively...what I found interesting in this track was how it ultimately can come to effect their closest, strongest relationships too...

Thankfully Jessica-Harvey go beyond just being mentor-prodigy like you said...it's a very deep friendship and respect with the way they watch out for each other...I'd be quite bummed out if a rift was ever to occur...hopefully never *touchwood*

lol@smooth liars...yes, they are...there are doubts and lies b/w them as you said...but they depend on each other...they know they have each other's backs during the war...and that's good writing. I won't mind a lil trouble in paradise now n then...their chemistry is worth watching during such scenes...and no, before anyone asks, I don't ship them romantically.

And again, kudos the writing for making us, the audience also feel so much for Louis...we viewed him through Harvey's prism when the show started but now we've all reached a point where he's OUR sweet creep...lol...enough that we all hated Monica for doing this to him.

LOLL...look at us...so possessive about our own lil creep LOLLOL

Arey OBVIOUSLY there is history there...they've more than hinted at it in previous epis too...all we need to know is WHAT history...like "that other time" that Harvey came to her apartment LOL...but man, your heart goes out to Donna in that bit cuz her heart is actually in her eyes...that sheer JOY mixed in briefly with the surprise before the disappointment...that look AFTERwards as you said...superb Sarah
Clap

I think what gets to us here is seeing The Donna giving that look to Harvey. The suave and sassy Donna, one who everyone loves, who's remembered fondly everywhere...to see HER, who probably would have been called beautiful by many men, light up for a second there and then the disappointment in her eyes...that small vulnerable moment from this always-so-so-self-assured woman was a sweet, touching moment...

I see Donna getting possessive about Harvey in the next epi...and she should be...Scotty working with Hardman is not a good news...and Harvey is, afterall, a man...*shakes head*

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

without-fathomLadyMcbethAreYaar

iHeartMoi IF-Rockerz
iHeartMoi
iHeartMoi

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Oh the slaps Star
LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
I LOVED last Thursday episode... TOTALLY Brilliant! Believe it or not, Hardman brings forth this complexity and tension that no one can beat. He is not only a formidable adversary, but a totally evil one at that ... reminds me of the ages old Aurangzeb and Shivaji history. It was more than a cat and mouse game or a battle of wits between the two... Aurangzeb wanted to see Shivaji drown... and Shivaji concentrated on making sure that he had his head above the water, enough to take a deep breath before dunking down again. 

Anyhoo - Attagirl Donna! Clap You did what almost everyone wanted to do LOL My heart tugged a little for Donna when there was that "moment" that Anu and Mash have so beautifully described. I want to see a some growth in her character, rather than being "fondly remembered by everyone". She has stood by Harvey through thick and thin. The possessiveness in the next episode could just be it... 

Jessica/Harvey are totally cool. I love the fact that Jessica and Harvey have each other's backs. I'll be bummed if there were ever a rift in their relationship as well. A little back and forth is fine. 

Mike and Rachel - I actually liked their dynamics this time around. They are a good influence on each other. I feel that they should not be involved just yet. The tension between them was good.  

Maz.without-fathomAreYaar

without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Ah, looks like I'm the first one to watch the epi. So, a good epi overall...definitely not as great as the last one...the end was a bit off for me. I didn't like the fact that they settled with Monica Eton...I'd have loved it if they had taken it up in court and won...somehow...khair I'm toh always looking forward for some courtroom scenes. 

Anyway...coming back to the epi...Harman is such a douchebag! How dare he insulted Jessica like that! Jealous, my ass! I'd have smacked him from saying all that to Jessica...glad Donna did it before the deposition. Jerk! Every woman in that firm would give their right hands to BE Jessica Pearson, asshole! 

Ok gtg right now...will come back in an hour to speculate about that last Donna-Harvey 'you're looking beautiful' bit...was it my imagination or did I sense something?  

P.S...My heart kinda went out to Louis in a scene too...more later..

Hello everyone Big smile 

Most belatedly, I just got done watching the episode too, and I think I'm most in concurrence with your view Mash. Liked the episode quite a lot, but certainly second to the last one, and yes, the end was... well, not off, but sort of just... a little passive compared with the high rise tempo of the episode in general. Not in content, just in the kind of closing sentiment it leaves you with - very noncommittal, and not exactly like a great cliffhanger. 

I mean, they settle the case for the episode itself, but for me the high tension points of the episode sort of fizz out before being capitalized enough, I think... Louis had some brilliant moments, and I'm not saying this is the last we've heard of his "revenge" need, but I wish the episode which went so high on drawing a viewer's defensive for his plight had somehow, left at least a more challenging cliffhanger about where he was going with it. 

Same place with Jessica. While I really like the fact that for once we saw the other side to Jessica, let's call it the "Harvey" side to her as (I think) Nur also mentioned, I thought the final note was... well, again, noncommittal. So she takes a half hearted win in the form of Monica's settlement, the "wise" decision even if not one that satisfies her self restoration; but then what? She goes to Zane for a partnership? I'm going to give the end of this episode benefit of doubt and not hold it as something she does entirely out of her hate for Hardman as Zane conjectures, but just maybe, just pretty please, at least partly even if in the tiniest part as her assessment of Zane. When he turns her down on the matter of Hardman early in the episode, its one thing. When he does it now, he makes his designs very plain. And somewhere, Pearson Hardman has been shown as a firm - for all their shrewd, even underhand moves - as people who will somewhere draw a line for integrity. Perhaps Jessica did go with the singular intention of getting Zane on. I like to think at least subconsciously she has put Zane to test. Hardman has been a very hard and perpetually recurring lesson for her. Intuitively it makes sense for her to be the once bitten twice shy candidate. 

I do like the whole turn around on Jessica and Harvey in this episode also, because somewhere it seems like ground in the making of his name partnership, eventually, now that Hardman is off the wall. Oh and Maz, agreed. Rachel and Mike were actually sweet. Someone, somewhere on the writing team has finally got the hang of dealing with their affair without contriving badass without purpose. 

As for Hardman, ditto what LadyM said, about how he brings tension and complexity like no body else. I confess to personally not caring so much for Hardman himself as a character, but the leverage he plays disturbing the chords among other characters is most fascinating. Whether it was second season, or now, Hardman thinks so well, and far into the psyches of each and every foe at the firm. It puts him right at the top with Jessica, as far as playing chess goes, perhaps with the added advantage of absolutely no scruples. But I can't forget the lame-letdown season 2 finale was. Such an anticlimatic fall for a villain with so much edge, and I hope they can redeem that this time around. Giving Hardman's fall a more fundamental and convincing circumstance than a veteran closer and his rookie associate smoking up and having a "revelation". 

And all that said, Donna won moment of the day hands down. Given the histrionics of her character, like the man times she loves to pull off the "cry" acts, it's so amazing the way Sarah finds yet another variation to the expression of almost misty eyes which is BANG ON!!! And how like Donna is it to notice that the "H" is a little off? LOL I loveee these little quirks of this show, the way they manage to start off a fantastic Donna Harvey scene in such a characteristic quirky manner and give us perhaps the most tender moment of their dynamics. Hands down to Sarah, no second! 

All my love for the stars, but I could really do with getting some Louis kicks Hardman's ass next couple episodes. It would be a balm to soothe, at par with Donna's award winning slaps Cool

Edited by without-fathom - 11 February 2013 at 11:23am

Maz.LadyMcbethAreYaar

Go to top