Celebrity Fan Clubs

   

Two Lawyers, One Degree - A Suits FC (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 97

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Joined: 17 December 2005

Posts: 28189

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Yeah, most shows have similar titled tumblrs, - the fyeah ones, anyway. 

You won't take long to catch up, methinks you're hooked LOL

Also, we only have two eps until summer break and then we have to wait till Jan anyway, sob, so you can catch up with Season 2 and we can relive it with you!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Two Lawyers, One Degree - A Suits FC (Page 4)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Joined: 27 July 2005

Posts: 12253

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Fattyyy!Hug    Premikas reunite in Suits landLOL...in a thread created by Head Premika no less...hahahaha

Ok since you said you're so vella these days...can you make some sigs on the BANTER b/w Harvey and Mike...the few you've made so far are more serious types naa?

I like how it's an unconventional mentor relationship b/w them...Mike challenges him and doesn't just sit there in awe of Harvey...it's nice to see Harvey's giant ego pricked from time to time...lol

I know, what an unexpected coincidence! LOL

Yep, I watch the show mainly, or at least got hooked on to it in S1 because of the mentor/prodigy relationship which especially is the main draw for me. All the other characters and their quirks are an added bonus, especially more so in S2 now that they've made them all regular cast members. 

Sigs of their banter? There's usually only gifs that people have made on the repartee...it's hard to capture that quick back and forth in a still pictures, I guess LOL There were a few more sombre scenes which I'd love so had made one or two sigs on them. Will look around and try to find or make some!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescenceAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Joined: 28 March 2006

Posts: 80175

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
@Vas: LOL obviously I'm hooked...I posted my views on epi 2 in the CC already and I'm on epi 3 now...just looking for a SATISFYING Harvey-Mike sig for now and I'll be set.

haha yeah I know of your big hiatus coming up...GoT is also on hiatus till APRIL of next year...this is still not AS bad...lol...and yeah it will be nice to discuss with you guys till then :-)

Baaki we both can get started on Dexter like you were saying.


Edited by AreYaar - 16 August 2012 at 3:04pm

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Joined: 27 July 2005

Posts: 12253

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Kabeeraspeaking?!! And who might you be? Hmmm, I seem to recall something familiar about you...LOL

You must be confusing me with someone else, miss! Nothing familiar about me...*looks away suspiciously*

Busted!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mits002incandescencepsawyerAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Joined: 28 March 2006

Posts: 80175

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking


I know, what an unexpected coincidence! LOL

Yep, I watch the show mainly, or at least got hooked on to it in S1 because of the mentor/prodigy relationship which especially is the main draw for me. All the other characters and their quirks are an added bonus, especially more so in S2 now that they've made them all regular cast members. 

Sigs of their banter? There's usually only gifs that people have made on the repartee...it's hard to capture that quick back and forth in a still pictures, I guess LOL There were a few more sombre scenes which I'd love so had made one or two sigs on them. Will look around and try to find or make some!


Yeah Mike being a prodigy adds to the fun...like I'm on epi 3 now and it's amusing how Harvey shows off Mike's amazing memorizing skills to one of the clients...the way he can rattle off anything from anything he's read...and then Mike finds one MISTAKE of Harvey's from an old clause and rubs it in his faceLOL

The back and forth is interesting how Harvey pushes Mike hard and doesn't cut him any slack really while at the same time giving him pointers about how to make it far in this line of work...For a show about lawyers and all the stereotypical reputations of lawyers, they've done well with smart characterization about what a tough work environment it is and what it takes to make it big in the corporate world...woh bhi as a LAWYER toh it's even harder.

Haan I understand it's harder to capture their banter in a sig...but I LOVE your style of putting texts so I was hoping ek do fun expressions waale caps use karke you could make some...Harvey's expressions especially are so amusing...very good actor he is.

Chalo koi gal nahin...I'll look around once I"m done with the season.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingincandescencepsawyer

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Joined: 27 July 2005

Posts: 12253

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Yeah Mike being a prodigy adds to the fun...like I'm on epi 3 now and it's amusing how Harvey shows off Mike's amazing memorizing skills to one of the clients...the way he can rattle off anything from anything he's read...and then Mike finds one MISTAKE of Harvey's from an old clause and rubs it in his faceLOL

The back and forth is interesting how Harvey pushes Mike hard and doesn't cut him any slack really while at the same time giving him pointers about how to make it far in this line of work...For a show about lawyers and all the stereotypical reputations of lawyers, they've done well with smart characterization about what a tough work environment it is and what it takes to make it big in the corporate world...woh bhi as a LAWYER toh it's even harder.

Haan I understand it's harder to capture their banter in a sig...but I LOVE your style of putting texts so I was hoping ek do fun expressions waale caps use karke you could make some...Harvey's expressions especially are so amusing...very good actor he is.

Chalo koi gal nahin...I'll look around once I"m done with the season.

Thanks Anu, thanks LOL

The bit you said about Harvey pushing Mike, very true...I read someone saying it very eloquently in a very few words that you notice more and more as the episodes progress that while Mike is smart, Harvey is shrewd. And that's the difference between them, why they both work well together and make a pretty fantastic combination...because Mike is book smart, he can get the hands on work done like very few people would be able to, while Harvey's experience and skill of knowing how to play people on the other hand is the street smart version of that. On a personal level too, I love their relationship because they rub off on each other with time...as Mike is imbibing from him, Harvey is too, he's becoming mellower, watching out for someone as a result of caring, a crime he wouldn't be caught dead committing LOL...and I love the parallels in the bigger picture of how this mentor/prodigy relationship has and is a factor that transverses through other levels too...like Harvey with Jessica...and more as you'll see. 

You can only fully enjoy all the Tumblr stuff when you will be caught up because people's blogs are obviously filled with the latest stuff while the old stuff is backlogged. You'll be there in no time though...as Vasu said, it won't take long! Only three or four days at most...

Ah, is Episode 3 the one with the car company? The most hilarious moment from that one is where you see Harvey driving his vintage Mustang and Mike (wearing a helmet no less) comes stumbling behind him on a bike ROFL Love all the jokes with Mike's bike actually...in the pilot too, there's that hilarious moment when Harvey finds out that Mike rides a bike to 'this place' LOL


Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 16 August 2012 at 3:25pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescenceAreYaar

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Joined: 17 December 2005

Posts: 28189

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

@Vas: LOL obviously I'm hooked...I posted my views on epi 2 in the CC already and I'm on epi 3 now...just looking for a SATISFYING Harvey-Mike sig for now and I'll be set.

haha yeah I know of your big hiatus coming up...GoT is also on hiatus till APRIL of next year...this is still not AS bad...lol...and yeah it will be nice to discuss with you guys till then :-)

Baaki we both can get started on Dexter like you were saying.

@bold - woah, what? Itna lamba break? I can't even fathom the 4 months for this LOL thankfully at least everything else will start up in Oct. 

Yes, I was wondering ab Dexter ka kya hoga now that you had started catching up with Suits LOL I've downloaded the first season, so I will start watching soon and wait for you to watch also. 

Anu, not all are strictly season 1, but here:


Again, from various places, esp. f*** yeah harvey and mike. They totally ship Harvey and Mike as a romantic couple over there, so you're bound to find something suitable LOL


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingincandescenceAreYaar

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Joined: 17 December 2005

Posts: 28189

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Originally posted by AreYaar



The back and forth is interesting how Harvey pushes Mike hard and doesn't cut him any slack really while at the same time giving him pointers about how to make it far in this line of work...For a show about lawyers and all the stereotypical reputations of lawyers, they've done well with smart characterization about what a tough work environment it is and what it takes to make it big in the corporate world...woh bhi as a LAWYER toh it's even harder.
.




The bit you said about Harvey pushing Mike, very true...I read someone saying it very eloquently in a very few words that you notice more and more as the episodes progress that while Mike is smart, Harvey is shrewd. And that's the difference between them, why they both work well together and make a pretty fantastic combination...because Mike is book smart, he can get the hands on work done like very few people would be able to, while Harvey's experience and skill of knowing how to play people on the other hand is the street smart version of that. On a personal level too, I love their relationship because they rub off on each other with time...as Mike is imbibing from him, Harvey is too, he's becoming mellower, watching out for someone as a result of caring, a crime he wouldn't be caught dead committing LOL...and I love the parallels in the bigger picture of how this mentor/prodigy relationship has and is a factor that transverses through other levels too...like Harvey with Jessica...and more as you'll see. 


You're both very right. The biggest thing you see in season 1, Anu, is that Mike - despite being the 'clever/smart' guy, makes a lot of mistakes - real world mistakes - because he doesn't know how to read people. He'll have the case sewn up in his head, but when he gets into that courtroom, suddenly the axis shifts because someone reacts in a different way  than he anticipated. Mike doesn't need to learn the law, but Harvey teaches him real world skills. 

Harvey knows how to read people, and that's why, in many ways, he's smarter than Mike. In lawyer-land, knowing how people think and react is often better than the facts. BUT, like Miss-confusing-with-someone-else says, as the season progresses, Mike's 'caring' nature rubs off on Harvey. Not that he was a total jackass to begin with, but nobody really knew how to bring that side out of him. Donna pushes him, but not to that extent since she clearly is his junior at work. Jessica doesn't push him because he wins. Mike, despite being way under-experienced, does break through and force Harvey to see the other side of the coin. 


Edited by psawyer - 16 August 2012 at 3:31pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingincandescenceAreYaar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Preity Zinta catches an Honorary Degree via London raahimali1984 0 167 03 November 2010 at 5:29pm
By raahimali1984

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.