LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
It was a filler episode today, so a quick I like did not like list ... 

Things I liked:

1) Juhi actually having a real date vs. Kiya's forced one.

2) Piddi mustering the guts to ask Bobby, and she agreeing to go with him

3) Piddi's botched attempt at a date with Bobby. Now that was realistic. Wahi main sochun, how can Bobby melt so easily. Thank goodness the element of reality was shown.

4) Kiya's date standing her up

5) Samar showing up in taxi... I do think there is more than what meets the eye. Seeing him in a taxi with Juhi, not being acknowledged by anyone was kinda a giveaway that Samar is pretending to be a Nawab. Since he was the one who issued invitations to this party, shouldn't he be a bit more "present"? If I had to guess wildly, I would say, I think he is probably the son of a driver of the Nawab and has been bestowed some special concessions due to the Nawab's benevolence. We'll wait and watch. 

Things I did not like:

1) Ranveer and Panchi - I am finding this track staler with every passing date. A poor, sweet girl-next-door who falls in LOWE with an inveterate flirt. Hope the makers add a spunk to Panchi's character soon... I wish some other guy genuinely likes Panchi for who she is! 

2) KD arriving on a bike. I would have rather, he arrived in an auto. Would've added a touch of realism.

3) KD showing up and lounging outside the party gates without a date, hoping to get in. Why would someone make an entrance and then just stand outside, hoping to get a date? 

4) Kiya standing outside without a date. With a girl like Kiya, she could've walked in with any guy. Or called someone else when her original date didn't show up. If she is high society, then she could have 10 different guys lined up for her - unless she is just a simple girl who lives under the shadow of her sister, and doesn't really have any "high society" friends.  

5) If I am not mistaken, typically for parties like these, girls are allowed entry inside without a date. But "stags" a.k.a. guys are not. Unless things have changed in the past 4-5 years??? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rocksravya11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
agree wid panchi's character shld be more strng..
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hmmm...

Agreed on the Samar part. There is more to Samar that meets the eyes. I did not see that he had arrived in the taxi since that part was cut from the video that I was watching from but now that you mention it, my doubts are are getting firmer that he is lying about his whole family background. Maybe he really is a Nawab but do Nawabs live the way they used to, nowadays? They just have the title due to their history but in reality, they are just normal people. And since Samar is hosting the party, shouldn't he have been there before anyone else?

I found the slap a bit too rude. Though Piddi's reaction was pretty much normal afterwards but the immediate moment of the slap, I thought that he had minded it very much. His face had become all gloomy and stuff. If it was some sort of intended humor scene, it did not work out well. Bobby's reaction, though true to the character, was a little extreme.

Kiya - hmmm...it was pretty pathetic to see her standing there. Oh well, it was just a fillerish episode so I am letting it slide.

KD - The bike scene was HOT! But one does wonder ke bike aayi kahan se? Not just a motorcycle, it was a nice bike. Writers are losing their touch and it's a pity that it's too soon. Must be an explanation to it...

RaHi - I don't find the track stale at all. Because there is so much one can do when the girl is sweet and the guy is flirt. Their whole characterization is based that way. He wants to live the moment, she expects too much. When such stark opposites clash, be it any relationship, situations like these easily happen. And I don't think it's "LOWE" that will happen to her. Major infatuation or great attraction, it's so easy for a girl to fall for her best friend in the age Panchi is in. When the whole life is going through physical and mental changes, it's not hard for Panchi to fall for someone who is the closest to her in terms of physical contact and shares a huge part of her life.

But like I said, it's all in the characterization. Until they change her character into this rebellious, carefree girl, this "stale" track is what they can manage at the best. Not that I care, I am enjoying it immensely! <3
soumyak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
KD was waiting for someone

..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Agree with all your points.
Rahi-I hope they don't go the unconventional way either.Best friends, the guy a flirt and a meek girl who keeps showering him with her affections and is okay with seeing him chasxe anything in a skirt.I liked her in yesterday's epi but I guess it was a one epi thing.CVs give Panchi more spunk.The bike scene was HOT!!!!But i do wonder how he got such a nice bike to come on.Hmmm...I wonder if it its one of his "mehnat ki kamai";)Kiya standing outside was quite unrealistic.I mean a girl like her not being able to find a second date!!!!I'll let it slide since TBP usually doesnt have such disrepancies.KD was waiting for someone, but I wonder who is he planning to go in with???
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Mais-

Hmmm...

Agreed on the Samar part. There is more to Samar that meets the eyes. I did not see that he had arrived in the taxi since that part was cut from the video that I was watching from but now that you mention it, my doubts are are getting firmer that he is lying about his whole family background. Maybe he really is a Nawab but do Nawabs live the way they used to, nowadays? They just have the title due to their history but in reality, they are just normal people. And since Samar is hosting the party, shouldn't he have been there before anyone else? 

Haina? This part made me think that Samar has a shady past ... 

I found the slap a bit too rude. Though Piddi's reaction was pretty much normal afterwards but the immediate moment of the slap, I thought that he had minded it very much. His face had become all gloomy and stuff. If it was some sort of intended humor scene, it did not work out well. Bobby's reaction, though true to the character, was a little extreme.

In fact I found it just right. It is perfect with Bobby's character. And Piddi should understand the fact that looking "HAWT" and "PREETY" is not Bobby's goal. She was disappointed in him - her last dialogue said as much - "I had thought you were different from the other guys. But you turned out to be one amongst them." This is a lesson for Piddi. Liking someone and wanting them to change to fit your needs is not the way to go. 

Kiya - hmmm...it was pretty pathetic to see her standing there. Oh well, it was just a fillerish episode so I am letting it slide.

KD - The bike scene was HOT! But one does wonder ke bike aayi kahan se? Not just a motorcycle, it was a nice bike. Writers are losing their touch and it's a pity that it's too soon. Must be an explanation to it...

LOL. I would LOVE to hear an explanation. It was a very nice bike. And Fahad is a pleasure for the eyes. But realism gaya tel lene ... And how does a guy with his background learn to dance like Shiamak Davar, Ganesh Hegde or even Hrithik Roshan? ðŸ˜†

RaHi - I don't find the track stale at all. Because there is so much one can do when the girl is sweet and the guy is flirt. Their whole characterization is based that way. He wants to live the moment, she expects too much. When such stark opposites clash, be it any relationship, situations like these easily happen. And I don't think it's "LOWE" that will happen to her. Major infatuation or great attraction, it's so easy for a girl to fall for her best friend in the age Panchi is in. When the whole life is going through physical and mental changes, it's not hard for Panchi to fall for someone who is the closest to her in terms of physical contact and shares a huge part of her life.

But like I said, it's all in the characterization. Until they change her character into this rebellious, carefree girl, this "stale" track is what they can manage at the best. Not that I care, I am enjoying it immensely! <3 

I can see what you are saying...For me, unless Panchi's character gets some more spunk, I am unwilling to call her "poor Panchi" coz she sheds bucket loads of tears every time Ranveer breaks her heart. 

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: soumyak

KD was waiting for someone

I am curious now to know with whom he will go in tomorrow and what happens to Bobby and Piddi. 
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DamonCrazy_D3

Agree with all your points.

Rahi-I hope they don't go the unconventional way either.Best friends, the guy a flirt and a meek girl who keeps showering him with her affections and is okay with seeing him chasxe anything in a skirt.I liked her in yesterday's epi but I guess it was a one epi thing.CVs give Panchi more spunk.The bike scene was HOT!!!!But i do wonder how he got such a nice bike to come on.Hmmm...I wonder if it its one of his "mehnat ki kamai";)Kiya standing outside was quite unrealistic.I mean a girl like her not being able to find a second date!!!!I'll let it slide since TBP usually doesnt have such discrepancies. KD was waiting for someone, but I wonder who is he planning to go in with???

Red - Bingo! 
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 11 years ago
CoffeeAddict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Samar: True. Even the whole CS on the website states that he's hiding a secret. But maybe it's whole political reality, an economically middle class ex-royalty family still living in the past. Even the kids grow up that way. Though he just supplied the passes to RV and Piddi, other people got the passes from elsewhere, so it wasn't his party.

KD: Seriously! And a few days back I was applauding the CVs for giving Piddi and RV cycles instead of bikes. Though it could be something that he borrowed (or maybe even rented, though he won't waste money like that) for the party. Even though it was uber-HOT! Him waiting outside can simply be for a girl who's coming with him. Or he might even be waiting for someone he had some business with, instead of being there for the party - like supplying the passes.

Kiya: She does not have friends. Period. It doesn't matter that she stands in a high society, everyone who'll meet her will revere her as Anya's sister so she doesn't keep a company. About girls not being allowed in alone, at private parties, if it's couple entry, it's a couple entry. We've had a lot of college parties that way.

RaHi: Honestly... I thought Panchi's aggressive attitude will be on for sometime, but poof... In one day!! Accepted that she was saving him from Banga, but 'hello hello' had already been broadcasted, so what would it matter if he apologized on air!! I hope this new plump guy that RV is sending her way is a character to stay...

An addition to my list of disapproving parts:

Piddi: I HAD NOT expected him to come to Bobby with a mini-dress, a football maybe, but not a dress. With all the ideologies of understanding her, he seemed like any random guy today! Albeit funny...
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

In fact I found it just right. It is perfect with Bobby's character. And Piddi should understand the fact that looking "HAWT" and "PREETY" is not Bobby's goal. She was disappointed in him - her last dialogue said as much - "I had thought you were different from the other guys. But you turned out to be one amongst them." This is a lesson for Piddi. Liking someone and wanting them to change to fit your needs is not the way to go.

Now that you mention this, I guess she was right. I mean I do agree that Piddi was wrong in his way but he looked so cute while doing it! Though I kept muttering to myself, "Ye tou gaya!" and that slap wasn't an altogether surprise for me. But still, this silly girl in me found it a little harsh on Piddi. All his hardwork gone to waste. Yeah, this is a lesson for him. Next time he will do better! 😉

... And how does a guy with his background learn to dance like Shiamak Davar, Ganesh Hegde or even Hrithik Roshan? ðŸ˜†

It's not that hard to learn dancing. From what I guess, in these chawl type places, functions are celebrated as one unit with all the people together. And in young age everyone dances! I won't be surprised if he has some killer moves (but I would love to see the Royals dance and not just him, the guy was mocking the ROYALS, not KD only. Uss ne theka nahin le rakha to be the representative of everyone!) but I have an inkling feeling that it is just the way of CVs to kinda glorify his character 😕 Give the girls a little to drool on perhaps 😆 This was the first feeling in my head when I watched the precap..

I can see what you are saying...For me, unless Panchi's character gets some more spunk, I am unwilling to call her "poor Panchi" coz she sheds bucket loads of tears every time Ranveer breaks her heart.

Oh please! Don't call her "poor Panchi" at ALL! How come she is poor yaar? Because I personally don't find Ranveer's fault in any of his actions that is making her heart race. He is just being his casual self with her. He won't have a holy revelation that he shouldn't hug her, kiss her or be his frankly harmless charming self with her because that gives her hopes which, when crushed, only make her cry. He is just being him with his best friend! I personally believe that fault lies more with Panchi. Ah! Forget her! The fault lies within us girls! I dunno about others but this is totally me! One casual, caring action/remark from a guy and I go all, "OMG! Does he like me?" And it's so pathetically stupid! But guess most girls are made that way 😆