Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)
Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

Geeta Kapur and her favouritism (Page 3)

Geremania Groupbie
Geremania
Geremania

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nilu215

To All those who believe Geeta was fine to display her bias for Faisal openly:

"A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in the other.
... A widely used definition is: "A conflict of interest is a set of circumstances that creates a risk that professional judgment or actions regarding a primary interest will be unduly influenced by a secondary interest."" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest
In this case,
geeta's primary interest --> judging DID
her secondary interest --> support Faisal
unfortunately her secondary interest completely overshadowed her primary interest!! Shocked

when a resume of someone i know is forwarded to me, and i am asked to interview that person, i VOLUNTARILY let the management know that i can't do it, because there's COI.

during jury selection, a range of questions is asked to find out if the candidates nurture any kind of bias (for or against) towards the case at hand...if there's even a slight hint of bias, they are not selected to serve in the jury to ensure justice.

if geeta felt so strongly about making faisal the winner of this show, she should have gracefully quit the show, explaining her dilemma - that would have generated much more drama & TRP for the channel/show & respect for her! 
but now she has disgraced herself, the channel/show & worst of all, tainted Faisal's win forever Dead

i am not bashing anyone...each is entitled to their opinion...but just something to think about...

Great analysis! Agree

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lianliantanHeartDawn

Sanugr8fan IF-Rockerz
Sanugr8fan
Sanugr8fan

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Geremania

I saw Geetas interview just now and she was shamelessly gloating how SHE won 2 seasons this year. One for her beti Rajsmita and one for her beta Faisal. Wow. They should just rename it Geetas family show. Pinch What kind of a judge is this.. shed be kicked out royally if it wasn't India. Way to ruin a talent show.
ROFL family show. good one. It DOES feel like its her show only. Stern SmileDead WHO CARES. I stopped trusting and believing her after season 3 after the result Wacko why just she didnt take a skippers postion if she wanted TO ONLY PRAISE FAISAL :\ 
and om in 2nd postion and rohan in 3rd Stern Smile they think we are blind Thumbs Down 
we know who deserved to be in what position.

kirthiiYuVirat

shika552 Groupbie
shika552
shika552

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 8:45am | IP Logged
I hate geeta, she as always been biased towards Faisal. I'm happy tht he won but she makes it soo obvious tht she loves Faisal. When Faisal was introduced in grand finale, Geeta stood up, when Faisal performed she was smiling the entire time, & when Rohan or Saumya were performing, she wasn't even sitting there, & when they were announcing the winner, u could clearly tell tht she wanted Faisal to win!! She even cried when Faisal won!! I hate her, as a judge u r not suppose to do tht!! I hate Geeta ever since did season 2, when she chose teena over Amrita in mega audition!!

aloo5kirthii

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Its not a crime to have a favorite, but when u sit on a judges chair, you keep your personal emotions and interests outside  and then you are a neutral being with only focus being right judgement.

geeta unfortunately never follows it. Never, ever, ever. And she always shows she is acting on emotion. errm, if you are that emotional, maybe you should not judge , period.

Faizal maybe a deserving winner maybe not, but it is very sure he was highly overrated by geeta and marzi, due to geeta's influence. I do not grudge faizal his winning, the kid has my best wishes. 
But SHAME SHAME SHAME on geeta.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

aloo5DHOKEBAAZ007DkiDhannokirthiiHeartDawn-Alinaa-Dabulls23

Valini Senior Member
Valini
Valini

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
I am totally shocked that a judge in a competition , no matter where she sits can show any partiality for any  contestant, It is very unprofessional  and demotivating for the children whom we claim to inspire and motivate. Throughout this competition there ware indications that the judges wanted Faisal to be the winner. The comments made by both judges were biased and they revealed that were not professional in their conduct. In spite of that,  I still hoped that good sense would prevail at the end . However, Geeta's behaviour on the day was a disgrace and I really hope that she is taken off the show. She is doing more harm than good to the talented children who have worked very hard to reach there..

Edited by Valini - 13 August 2012 at 2:00pm

aloo5Sanugr8fan

Paytonlee Goldie
Paytonlee
Paytonlee

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Geremania

I saw Geetas interview just now and she was shamelessly gloating how SHE won 2 seasons this year. One for her beti Rajsmita and one for her beta Faisal. Wow. They should just rename it Geetas family show. Pinch What kind of a judge is this.. shed be kicked out royally if it wasn't India. Way to ruin a talent show.

LOL geetas family show..LOL..there is mom(geeta),son(faisal),daughter(rajasmita)..someone's missing..ohh where is dadShocked he is missing..he should be there to complete the family tree.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YuVirat

creativewriter Groupbie
creativewriter
creativewriter

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Tho I feel Faisal is overrated, it does not mean that I don't like him. He is a fantastic dancer and truly, he deserved to win. I only have issue with Geeta and her biasness.

To me, top 3 in no particular order are Faisal, Rohan and Soumya. I would include Jeet in top 4. OM does not deserve to be in the finals and Geeta was even bias when she kept on heralding Om as the greatest wonder kid.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanugr8fan

iwtf Newbie
iwtf
iwtf

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:55am | IP Logged
 I STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU
 IN FUTURE PLEASE REMOVE HER 

Go to top