Ramayan

TBT Ramayan Knowing Rishyasringa updtd Pg 4

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hello friends ! i just wanna share some facts about lord rama and his brothers ...   Its said that wen mother earth requested lord vishnu to rescue from ravana lord vishnu promised to free herself to rescue her by incarnating as lord rama on hearing this anant shesha his chakra and his sacred conch insisted to take them alongwith him they pleaded him to let them serve as his servant...lord vishnu was overwhelmed to hear it and said to the shesha chakra and conch that they are his true companion so they will incarnated with him as his younger brother...thus shesha is suppose to be incarnated as lakshmanji... chakra as bharat and sacred conch as shatrughan...thereafter shesha requested him to not to incarnate as human being  instead allow him to descend to earth... With the blessing of lord vishnu he will slay ravana...hearing it lord Vishnu said his incarnation is not meant to kill and slay the demons... but to purify the polluted minds of the ppl...he will incarnate as human being and will suffer and set the example for the common man to lead a life as  Maryada Purushottama, literally the Perfect Man orLord of Self-Control or Lord of Virtue

now the question arises y ram is called maryada purushottam...in the very first sarga of the Ramayanam as to why Rama is Maryada Purushottam. Valmiki asks Maharshi Narada about maryada purushottam to which maharashi narada explained one who possess sixteen properties is considered as maryada purushottam 

These sixteen properties could be summarized as
1) principled
2) potential
3) a conscientious one
4) a redeemer
5) a truth-teller (satya vakya paripalakudu)
6) self-determined in his deed
7) blent with good-conduct
8) respect of all beings is benign
9) adept
10) ablest one
11) uniquely good looking
12) courageous
13) controls his ire
14) brilliant
15) non-jealous
16) even whom do the gods fear, when provoked to war

let me take an example in the first stanza its given

1) kaH nu asmin sa.mpratam loke guNavaan kaH ca viiryavaan |
dharmaj~naH ca kR^itaj~naH ca satya vaakyo dhR^iDha vrataH || 1-1-2

meaning: Who really is that person in this present world, who is principled and also a potential one, a conscientious one, a redeemer, and also a truth-teller and self-determined in his deed

like wise maharashi narad explained all the sixteen characterstics and then told only Lord Rama possess such qualities hence he is considered as Marayada Purushottam Ram

in telugu, we refer to Rama affectionately as "padaharu gunala ramudu" meaning "Rama of sixteen properties".

so thats was all for now i hope i didnt bored or offended anyone😛

do share ur views😳

will be back with more tits and bits and short untold stories of ramayan next week😳

contents

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
interesting arti...

i was nt aware of any of these ..i only knew lakshmanji was avtaar of shesh naag   

and wow reading the 16 attributes of maryada purshottom for the first time
thanks for sharing..

Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The 4 roop story i didn't knew i knew abt lakshaman as sheshnaag didn't knew abt bharat and shatrughan thanx for sharing ur knowledge. It is also shown in 1st ramayan in 2nd they started wid voiceover "Dharti par paap badne laga " type akashvanis nd started wid ayodhya no devta's TRAHIMAAM🤣🤣. Now they had shown ksheer sagar incidence but there vishnuji says i will born in 4 forms why sagars alws change theories. I wanna say abt 16 virtues abt rama. Rame ws said 9 kaladhari and krishna ws said 16 kaladhari. Edited by Sargesh - 11 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: nneeiill

interesting arti...

i was nt aware of any of these ..i only knew lakshmanji was avtaar of shesh naag   

and wow reading the 16 attributes of maryada purshottom for the first time
thanks for sharing..

he he he can u imagine the most paapi viewer will make such post...hey raam my mom will faint reading this😛
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sargesh

The 4 roop story i didn't knew i knew abt lakshaman as sheshnaag didn't knew abt bharat and shatrughan thanx for sharing ur knowledge. It is also shown in 1st ramayan in 2nd they started wid voiceover "Dharti par paap badne laga " type akashvanis nd started wid ayodhya no devta's TRAHIMAAM🤣🤣. Now they had shown ksheer sagar incidence but there vishnuji says i will born in 4 forms why sagars alws change theories. I wanna say abt 16 virtues abt rama. Rame ws said 9 kaladhari and krishna ws said 16 kaladhari. 

ur welcome dear actually wen vishnuji said he will take birth in four form they completely missed this point...actually conch chakra and shesha are part of vishunji his 'tatva' (element ) is present in them...so wen he said he will take the birth in four form it meant his companion will incarnate as his brother...while chakra and conch have lesser element...lakshmanji is supposed to be secondary element of ramji or vishnuji...it is said kausalya ji after eating her nector fed the left over to sumitra... as the result the soul of vishnuji was divided into two and took birth as ramji and lakshmanji (so basically shesha also carried element/character of vishnuji)...and from the birth the duo was inseparable...it is said ram is incomplete without lakshmanji at one point even sita was separated from ramji but lakshmanji never throughout the journey he served him as his loyal servant his brother his companion his guide and his soulmate...ram and lakshman together make maryada puroshottam

talking about kalas actually these are the leela (divinity) that vishunuji possessed while krishna posssessed 16 kala ram displayed only 9 kaala as ram purpose was to set the ideal man example...that is what is called as marayada purshottam... "Maryada" meaning (by extension of the original meaning of a limit or boundary) the intrinsic moral law, ethics, customs or rules and "Purushottam" being ' the best amongst men (Note that he is not called the "best amongst Gods"). Also note that "Uttam" may not mean "best" either (that would be "Sarvashreshtha"). Its meaning is closer to exemplar  ' or worth emulating.

i hope it made sense😳

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Originally posted by: arti07

he he he can u imagine the most paapi viewer will make such post...hey raam my mom will faint reading this😛

me too..i was like arti ne ye kya kiya...laskhman ji sab ko seedhe raaste pe la rahe hai 
Incense thumbnail

me too..i was like arti ne ye kya kiya...laskhman ji sab ko seedhe raaste pe la rahe hai 

haan re blue making me completely dubloo see at this age i should concentrate on dresses makeup shoes  and i m chanting ramayan...mera kya hoga 
EXOL thumbnail
wow arti u know lot of things..am like this😲

Incense thumbnail

wow arti u know lot of things..am like this😲

credit blue boy i had to research on lakshmanji naa
EXOL thumbnail
Originally posted by: arti07

credit blue boy i had to research on lakshmanji naa

i too searched a  lot ..but i dint get these many details ..