Mythological Masti

::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 32

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 August 2012 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Varnita.

It is Saying Google Chrome Can not Find desi.net OuchOuch

I think my Plan has Limited COnnectivity So it is not able to Open these Sites Cry !! Well leave it, I will Watch it Sometime Later Disapprove !!

Go to google and type in "August 19 2012 Ramayan" you should get something that works for you. Or else you can wait for Zee to upload it tomorrow in youtube, I'm sure you're not in that much of a hurry to watch it anyway.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Varnita.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 (Page 6)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 19 August 2012 at 8:12pm | IP Logged

I am not liking kaikai and the dark palace and lakshami's attire and jwellary

Varnita.

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 19 August 2012 at 8:14pm | IP Logged

I have givem up on this show

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged
I saw the other thread locked, so came here from there, even though I wasn't trying to discuss any episode, just make one observation

Namely, I think the show has done a smart thing by being a weekly, as opposed to a daily program.  That way, they are not in the mad TRP rush, and also, the cast gets the entire week to put in their best performance.  Also, the show doesn't get put under the microscope if TRPs don't do well, since it's a weekend show where that matters less.  Oh, and one more thing - by spacing it out, they give people more time to 'forget' ASR, and focus on this as it gets to the more interesting parts after Sita's abduction and Rama's war w/ Ravan.

They've also gotten DD to simulcast it, which is interesting.  Looks like they are trying to replicate the conditions of 1987 to see if this goes far.  Unfortunately, the TV landscape of India is nothing like 1987, and that's well outside their control.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I hope the second episode will be better. I heard that this whole show is going to be only 64 episodes, which is shorter than the original Ramayan which was 78 episodes not including Uttar kandShocked and if that's true then the storyline will be very rushed and there won't be much opportunity to go in depth of Ramayan, which is more beautiful when deeply researched and understood.

Actually, I think that this will be one of the improvements over RSR.  I remember, while watching it in 1988, they'd often drag out a lot of scenes.  Like Angad walking to Ravan's palace when Rama sent him as an emissary.  There was a lot of room for compression in the story w/o leaving out important details, and if they choose to do that here, that will be perfectly appropriate.  So it's not necessary that 64 episodes will make the story rushed.  Also, there is a lot that can be removed from Aranya Kand b/w Bharat settling in Nandigram and Sita's abduction.

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

^^ OMG the Kids Played hockey ShockedShocked ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL I Seriously laughed Loudly When i read that line of urs and Still Cant Stop Laughing  ROFL
Is Sagar Pictures Gone Crazy Shocked, Showing the Game of Kalyug in Treta Yuga ROFL !! This is the Biggest Blooper I have Heard Till Now in Any mytho LOL !!

The "ball and stick" game is nothing new. Its history goes back thousands of years. Hockey-like games existed in various parts of the ancient world, from Africa to South America, Europe, etc.

Here's some ancient Egyptian and Greek 'hockey':

Varnita.

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

It is Saying Google Chrome Can not Find desi.net OuchOuch

I think my Plan has Limited COnnectivity So it is not able to Open these Sites Cry !! Well leave it, I will Watch it Sometime Later Disapprove !!

Go to google and type in "August 19 2012 Ramayan" you should get something that works for you. Or else you can wait for Zee to upload it tomorrow in youtube, I'm sure you're not in that much of a hurry to watch it anyway.LOL

Aahh Exactly, I m in no Hurry to watch it LOL, Especially Listening Such Cold Responce from ur Side DeadLOL !!
I will watch it Someday when my net will work better Wink

@Kal El
Thanks for the Info, So Does Such Games Exist in Treta Yuga too Shocked, I still Doubt that People r Even aware abt ball and Stick in Treta Yuga in India, It might be Possible, But I really Doubt it Confused

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I hope the second episode will be better. I heard that this whole show is going to be only 64 episodes, which is shorter than the original Ramayan which was 78 episodes not including Uttar kandShocked and if that's true then the storyline will be very rushed and there won't be much opportunity to go in depth of Ramayan, which is more beautiful when deeply researched and understood.

Actually, I think that this will be one of the improvements over RSR.  I remember, while watching it in 1988, they'd often drag out a lot of scenes.  Like Angad walking to Ravan's palace when Rama sent him as an emissary.  There was a lot of room for compression in the story w/o leaving out important details, and if they choose to do that here, that will be perfectly appropriate.  So it's not necessary that 64 episodes will make the story rushed.  Also, there is a lot that can be removed from Aranya Kand b/w Bharat settling in Nandigram and Sita's abduction.

I agree, some of RSR's scenes were too dragged out, not only Angad walking to Ravan's palace but also some of the dialogues. The dialogues were nice, but some of them were too flowery in my opinion. Often, shorter and more precise speeches are more effective than long ones.

But even omitted all the long scenes, I doubt it would take out several episodes. In general, RSR's pace was good so I think a better number would be 75 or something, but I guess we'll just see how they do. If they manage well, it's a good thing and will improve their reputation after Mahavir Hanuman and DBSK.

Btw, are you following this series or no?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top