Mythological Masti

::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 32

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged

@Janaki di, I agree, the lighting in the palace scenes wasn't fabulous, but it was decent. It was a step up from Dwarkadheesh. And I'm glad they didn't make it monotonously yellow. There was turquoise work in the wars and pillars which was a nice offset from the yellow. The problem I sometimes have with coloring creations on AS Ramayan is that there is so much yellow. The background lighting even reflects onto the actors faces. But yes, the outdoor scenes were contrastingly better. Maybe they should use some pastel cloths as banners or curtains to brighten up the palace.

And I can't think of an instance where Lakshmi is supposed to be wearing white at all. She should be wearing red, which signifies wealth. I'm surprised that none of the Lakshmis in any of the Ramayans wore that color. Bhoomi Devi, who is the other wife of Vishnu, is sometimes shown in white, but not Lakshmi. Saraswati is often shown in white as white is the symbol of purity and intelligence.

But yeah, the way Kekeyi pushed Manthara to the ground was much uncalled for. I didn't like seeing that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 (Page 3)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

The writing - I don't understand why they felt the need to insert Kaikeyi saving Dashrath and receiving her boons into the same timeline of Ram's birth, when it was supposed to have happened much earlier. Strange decision. Also, they could be more subtle about Kaikeyi being Dashrath's favorite. That aarti scene felt too obvious. But other than that, the episode moved at a decent pace. Was relieved to hear that the series will have a predetermined, limited number of episodes; hopefully that means they will steer clear of random fictional tracks and stick to the main story.

You said almost word for word what I said, Lola, way to be my virtual twin!ClapLOL

But the above part is what I disliked the most. Inserting Kaikeyi going to fight with Dashrath now, and also highlighting how she was his favorite, reduced the spirituality of both characters. I don't really remember the actor as Shantanu but I don't like him much as Dashrath. He looks too young first of all, and his character is also flawed (which is not the actor's fault). With Kaikeyi...I love her saris but the jewelry has room for improvement like you said. In general I'm kind of disappointed with the actress they showed. She has neither the charisma of RSR's Kaikeyi nor the charm of ASR's. I hope she improves down the line though, as she's a very important character in Ramayan.

I think one of the plus points is that the fluffy Mithila scenes of ASR won't be shown here since they've restricted the number of episodes, but since the episodes are lesser than even RSR's, the story may seem too rigid. All the light scenes in RSR, and many of the light scenes in ASR, contributed to the charm of their shows and if MSR shows just the basic story of Ramayan, it'll seem to rigid and the charm may be lost altogether.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RadhaHiBawari

@Janaki di, I agree, the lighting in the palace scenes wasn't fabulous, but it was decent. It was a step up from Dwarkadheesh. And I'm glad they didn't make it monotonously yellow. There was turquoise work in the wars and pillars which was a nice offset from the yellow. The problem I sometimes have with coloring creations on AS Ramayan is that there is so much yellow. The background lighting even reflects onto the actors faces. But yes, the outdoor scenes were contrastingly better. Maybe they should use some pastel cloths as banners or curtains to brighten up the palace.

And I can't think of an instance where Lakshmi is supposed to be wearing white at all. She should be wearing red, which signifies wealth. I'm surprised that none of the Lakshmis in any of the Ramayans wore that color. Bhoomi Devi, who is the other wife of Vishnu, is sometimes shown in white, but not Lakshmi. Saraswati is often shown in white as white is the symbol of purity and intelligence.

But yeah, the way Kekeyi pushed Manthara to the ground was much uncalled for. I didn't like seeing that.

Well, I don't know. I kind of liked the settings of ASR. It was one of the plus points for me because it looked very grand and apt for such a majestic family, but I do agree that they could have toned down on the yellow.

About Lakshmi, I don't really recollect her having one standard color to wear. White is considered auspciouis when it's coupled with red, so I've seen this combination used in a lot of mythos, but showing her in all white is kind of overdoing it.

Btw, Bhudevi is not a separate wife of Vishnu. Vishnu has only one wife and that is Lakshmi. Lakshmi has two forms. Sridevi and Bhudevi. Sridevi is the form that is forever with Vishnu and Bhudevi is the form which takes care of the world and blesses them with riches, etc. Here's wiki entry about her.

Bhumi (Sanskrit: ????), also Bhumi-Devi (Sanskrit: ???? ????) is the divine wife of Varaha, an Avatar of Vishnu. She is the representative goddess, Mother Earth. According to Hindu mythology, the divine saint Andal is a form of her. The demon Narakasura is her son.[1] She is the mother of Sita, (note the symbolism of the baby Sita being found in a ploughed field). According to the uttara-kanda, when Sita finally leaves her husband Rama, she returns to Bhumidevi. Bhumi Devi is also believed to be one of the two forms of Lakshmi. The other is Sridevi, who remains with Narayana. Bhudevi is the Goddess of Earth, and the fertility form of Lakshmi. She is Daughter of Kashyap Prajapati and known as kasyapi. She is Satyabhama, wife of Sri Krishna in Dwapara Yuga. Several female deities have had births similar to Sita. Alamelu Mangamma or Sri Padmavathi Devi of Tiruchanur had a similar beginning, being found in a ploughed field by Akasa Raja. Andal from Srivilliputtur in Tamilnadu was found under a Tulasi plant by Perialvar.[citation needed]

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -.Preet.-

I think most of us gonna watch it for the little kid LOL
I read somewhere, that its for 30 episodes only...I am concerned what they gonna show and what they gonna leave in 30 episode Ermm

Yeah I too read that, but no Ramayan can possibly be completed in 30 episodes.Ermm If I want to watch a short Ramayan, I'd see movies instead of shows, but when I want to see a Ramayan show, I expect a detailed version that covers a lot of story, or else there's no point to it. I think an ideal number for a weekend, 1-hour serial to end is 100 episodes. They can cover a lot of detail that way.

-.Aphrodite.-

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

@Janaki di, omg, I'm so sorry I didn't notice your post in the other thread. I'll continue my reply here.

I agree, the lighting in the palace scenes wasn't fabulous, but it was decent. It was a step up from Dwarkadheesh. And I'm glad they didn't make it monotonously yellow. There was turquoise work in the walls and pillars which was a nice offset from the yellow. The problem I sometimes have with coloring creations on AS Ramayan is that there is so much yellow. The background lighting even reflects onto the actors faces. But yes, the outdoor scenes were contrastingly better. Maybe they should use some pastel cloths as banners or curtains to brighten up the palace.

But yeah, the way Kekeyi pushed Manthara to the ground was much uncalled for. I didn't like seeing that. The actress is pretty good, IMO. She has that maturity about her, and like Lola di said, she is younger than the two other Rajmatas, but old enough to show that she was childless for years.

I'm kind of glad that they're restricting themselves to 64 episodes. They will go through the storyline at a good pace without spending time on unnecessary drama. When Sita gets kidnapped, that could be a place where they might add extra scenes, but they won't because of this. But I hope they stick to it. They definitely overstretched JSK.

-.Aphrodite.-

-.Aphrodite.-

IF-Sizzlerz

-.Aphrodite.-

IF Crazy Co-Captain, BollyCurry Visual Effects

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
@Aishu...Are you sure...Its 64 episodes? I read somewhere...30 episodes...

@Janu Di, As you See Punar Vivah...u must know the girl Neha Sargam who played a small role in between - Neha (I think - Minister's daughter)...I read she is portraying Sita's role

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -.Preet.-

@Janu Di, As you See Punar Vivah...u must know the girl Neha Sargam who played a small role in between - Neha (I think - Minister's daughter)...I read she is portraying Sita's role

I heard it's a rumor though. I don't know if Neha Sargam will play Sita, but if she does I think I'll like her. She was very cute in Punar Vivah, perhaps not exactly Sitaji's type but then again, her character was like that in PV.LOL

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Ok - I moved all the review posts to this thread, and you guys also copy-pasted them here... now there's tons of doubles... ab kya karein LOL I gotta run an errand for 15-20 mins now so can't go through and edit and delete stuff just this second. Is it too confusing, or will we be ok with all the duplication?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Aphrodite.-..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top