Mythological Masti

::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 32

Page 1
Page   of 32
Page 3 Page 32

pakhara

IF-Rockerz

pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged

So, I disliked this show, but not for the reasons most people are pointing out. My peeve was how Vishnu rested his left hand on his head. In the paintings, or even in the shows, it's shown so gracefully. But this time, the actor's palm was in such a mudra that it seemed he was trying to hold up his mukut! What the heck? Anyone here a south Indian classical dancer? You guys know the pose to show ksheer sagar Vishnu right? The left arm is kept pataka right?

Maybe he should just sit up and keep his left hand around his gadda, like Saurabh Jain in DKDM. This just seems awkward and ungraceful. And plus, this actor is kind of out of shape. That shouldn't matter at all if he turns out to be a great actor, but still.

But other than that, I will keep an open mind about this show. It doesn't seem so much of a disappointment. The Rajmatas were so perfectly cast. Kausalya had that soft motherly look to her, and I can definitely see Kekeyi becoming a negative character later on. She has that look or essence about her.

The major selling point in this show, however, was the wardrobe. I think whoever did the costume designing was a genius! This show just might have the best outfits out of all the new generation mytho shows! Even DKDM, which I love beyond anything, went the wrong direction in outfits. Nowadays, the women are so scantily dressed: Revathy, Khyati and Aditi in DKDM(Sati's outfit improved after she was married); Radha in JSK (the gopikas were more covered up than her); almost all the ladies of DBSK; even Sita in her initial episodes of ASR. But this time, the more traditional route was taken in that all the women wore traditional sarees. Plus, the fabrics, especially Kausalya's white piece with the gold gota embroidery were fabulous!

I am definitely going to give this show a chance. It at least deserves that. Instead of boycotting and outright declining to watch, we should see it first, and then be the judge. It's not going to make you any less of a fan of whichever Ram you prefer.

Edited by RadhaHiBawari - 12 August 2012 at 10:58am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lola610The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
@aishu : i swear!his hand was so freaking annoying!it was the first thing i judged the show on Stern Smile i couldn't really concentrate on anything else BECAUSE of his hand.and also well,umm his  not-so-toned body Tongue i kept saying-they should have brought in saurabh jain here too! LOL coz i relaly like him as vishnu in DKDM.
Second thing,i didn't really like the actor who plays Dasharath during the first half of the episode.second half,he was well,pretty good.But i disliked the lady who plays sumitra. Ermm choice of actors to play kaushalya and kaikayee,i really liked.specially kaikayee Big smile even manthara.
The set-pretty good.Some shots looked really fresh.But for some reason some shots reminded me of the DharamVeer set Tongue(sagar arts show aired on imagien tv in 2008 starring Rajat,Vikrant and Mugdha) they looked quite similar.
The music-some familiar hymns and tunes,the ones i have always loved Approve
The costume-epic! <3 defo! Day Dreaming
Precap-the kid looked really cute!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pakhara

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
p.s : i forgot to mention about pataka mukhaha. Tongue exactly!thats the way it is supposed to be.or tripataaka.but in the show,it was simply akward-mukaha ROFL 

pakhara

pakhara

IF-Rockerz

pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by disha15

@aishu : i swear!his hand was so freaking annoying!it was the first thing i judged the show on Stern Smile i couldn't really concentrate on anything else BECAUSE of his hand.and also well,umm his  not-so-toned body Tongue i kept saying-they should have brought in saurabh jain here too! LOL coz i relaly like him as vishnu in DKDM.
Second thing,i didn't really like the actor who plays Dasharath during the first half of the episode.second half,he was well,pretty good.But i disliked the lady who plays sumitra. Ermm choice of actors to play kaushalya and kaikayee,i really liked.specially kaikayee Big smile even manthara.
The set-pretty good.Some shots looked really fresh.But for some reason some shots reminded me of the DharamVeer set Tongue(sagar arts show aired on imagien tv in 2008 starring Rajat,Vikrant and Mugdha) they looked quite similar.
The music-some familiar hymns and tunes,the ones i have always loved Approve
The costume-epic! <3 defo! Day Dreaming
Precap-the kid looked really cute!

I know right! It was so annoying! And his hand kept changing, like he was squirming or something. Plus, he had a pouch. A freakin' pouch belly!

As for Dasharath, I found him to be ok. Not a real stunner, but good enough that I could stand him. I think the problem with Sumitra is that she looks really old. Older than Dasharath himself and she's quite plump too. And she didn't have one line. Like she wasn't even there. I hope the writers give her more to work with later on. She's the mother of Lakshman after all!

The set, i think, was the same one they used in Dwarkadheesh. If you see Krishna's bedroom and compare it with Dashrath's, its basically the same. And the front entrance with the steps looks like the one from Rukhmini's haran in Vidharbha. And on top of that, the opening animated scenes are the same exact ones. You know, the sparkling overhead shot of Ayodhya. It's what they used for Dwarka.

ROFL @ awkward hasta. haha! :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, let's use this thread to discuss the new Ramayan on Zee Tv. I don't know if you are going to join the actual forum, but I think many of us will prefer to discuss it here as it's one thread in our mytho masti home.Smile

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 August 2012 at 2:15pm

-.Aphrodite.-

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Okay, I just watched the first episode and will write down what I though in terms of pros and cons. I'll start with the pros since they're more positive.LOL
Pros:
The costumes of the royal ladies is really authentic and nice, I liked it a lot!Clap Kaikeyi's saree's in particular are beautiful.
The outside setting of the palace and surrounding area is nice too. The kingdom of Ayodhya looks very grand as it was supposed to be.
OMG, baby Ram is SO cute!!!! I fell in love with his smile during the naamkaranDay Dreaming, but I wish they chose an infant, lol. The kid looked 9 mths or something and babies are named much before that.LOL
The lady chosen for Kaushalya is the best out of the three ranis in my opinion. In that scene where she receives Vishnu's darshan, and then later rocks her baby...everything about it was so emotional and touching, I think I'll come to like her a lot.Smile
Cons:
The inside settings of the palace are so dull and gloomy, as usual with Sagar Pictures shows.Ouch Aishu is right. The palace is the same one used in Dwarkadheesh and I remember many people complained then too. When they made the outside look so nice, could they not show a grand inside as well? Ayodhya was supposed to be made out of gold, and there was supposed to be brightness and color everywhere. The settings of this palace look so depressing.
Unlike others here, I don't have a problem with Sumitra yet. She may look a bit old, but they're all supposed to be very old by now and it's not her fault if they chose a young Dashrath. However I did not like Kaikeyi or Manthara at all. Kaikeyi was supposed to bright and youthful, and she was very loving to the other two queens before Manthara poisoned her. This Kaikeyi was not exactly mean, but she came off as a bit snobby to me. She looked as if she knew Dashrath liked her best, and she was proud of it. Valmiki Ramayan actually portrays Kaikeyi as a bit proud, but this Ramayan is taking RCM as source, right? In RCM Kaikeyi was a very virtuous, friendly, and pure-minded lady.
As for Manthara, she was not as annoying as ASR's in that she did not have a high-pitched, nasal voice, but I think ASR's was a better actress. This Manthara does not come off as a sly and clever politician. She looks desperate and weak, which Manthara was not. RSR's Manthara is the best I have seen so far, but after her I prefer ASR's to this new Ramayan's, unless the Manthara improves later down the line. It may be too soon to judge Kaikeyi and Manthara, maybe they'll both improve with time.
Another pet peeve is that I do not like Vishnu and Lakshmi being shown in white as Sagar Pictures tends to show. Lakshmi, while she is shown to have white in her saree in some paintings, it's supposed to be bordered by red or bright orange. All white is not an auspicious color. Also, Vishnu is supposed to be shown in yellow. It's his custom color and it's even shown in temples. The Vishnu and Lakshmi of Sagar Pictures shows are always shown in white for some reason.
I did not like how Kaikeyi pushed Manthara to the floor. Yeah, we all hate her character and all, but Kaikeyi was not a temperamental or violent lady. I don't like the aggressiveness and command this Kaikeyi is displaying. I also did not like how Dashrath's character is portrayed as being overly obsessed with Kaikeyi. Yeah Kaikeyi was his favorite queen, but he never neglected Kaushalya and Sumitra. If he was that type of husband and King, Vishnu would never be born to him. This Dashrath does not seem to care about Kaushalya or Sumitra.
Kaikeyi accompanying Dashrath to the war was inaccurate. That event is supposed to occur soon after their marriage, not now. After she saved him and got those two boons, many 100s of years were supposed to pass before this war happened, and when he returned home she was supposed to be there with Kaushalya and Sumitra to greet him. Anyway, I guess it's not that big of a deal so it's not really a major blooper.
I don't really like the music that much. Some of it was a copy from RSR and ASR's respective scenes (like Jai Jai Surnayak & Bhaye Pragat Kripala), but the other music, while being RJ's trademark tunes, did not suit the scenes.
All in all, this first episode wasn't horrible but I was not very impressed. It started off being a copy of RSR and went on to being a copy of ASR. Of course, the story cannot be drastically different since this is how Ramayan the epic starts, but for someone who's seen both the previous Ramayans, it wasn't a very impressive start because 1) the settings of the palace interior weren't nearly as beautiful and grand as ASR's and 2) the scene with Vishnu and Lakshmi at Vaikunta wasn't as spiritual as RSR's. I also really loved that scene in the original Ramayan.
I hope the second episode will be better. I heard that this whole show is going to be only 64 episodes, which is shorter than the original Ramayan which was 78 episodes not including Uttar kandShocked and if that's true then the storyline will be very rushed and there won't be much opportunity to go in depth of Ramayan, which is more beautiful when deeply researched and understood.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka.-.Aphrodite.-

-.Aphrodite.-

IF-Sizzlerz

-.Aphrodite.-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the thread Di Hug
I am not sure, if I will join the Forum...but I can come here and discuss about the show anytime now Embarrassed Thank u Di Big smile

..RamKiJanaki..

-.Aphrodite.-

IF-Sizzlerz

-.Aphrodite.-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
I think most of us gonna watch it for the little kid LOL
I read somewhere, that its for 30 episodes only...I am concerned what they gonna show and what they gonna leave in 30 episode Ermm

Edited by -.Preet.- - 12 August 2012 at 2:22pm

..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top