Posted: 11 years ago

Isn't it wonderful...?

The phone buzzed on the table and she turned around. Glancing at the clock which said that it was 2.15 AM, she walked towards the table and picked up her phone. The name shining on the screen made her raise her eyebrow and she accepted the call.

"Heeeyyy Moti!"

Ranveer's chirpy voice made her blink and sigh. He seemed to be in another one of his hyper mode which got turned on when he either wanted something from her or wanted to share something exciting with her. Wonder which was the case this time?

"Kya hai Nonu? Raat ko ais waqt kyun call ki?" Putting the phone carefully between her ear and shoulder, she looked around for her hands-free in the dimly lit room.

"Cuz I am very very very VERY happy!" His voice was bursting with excitement. She smiled at her best friend's antics and moved towards the shelf. Why couldn't she find the hands free?

"Acha, aisa kya hogaya jo adhi raat ko khushi se dance kar rahe ho?" She looked between the books and got irritated when she couldn't find it.

"Well, I'm not exactly dancing but yes, I am so so happy!" She stopped and sighed to gather her thoughts. Where in the world did she put them? The bed maybe.

"Hua kya hai?" She moved towards the bed but to no avail. They weren't there. An impatient nerve started twitching.

"Buss, aise hi! Aise hi khush nahin hosakte?"

"Raat ko 2 baje koi aise hi khush nahin hota hai."

"Main hota hun!"

"Yaar Nonu! Sahi sahi batao kyun call ki!" Her irritation snapped and she rubbed her forehead.

"Tujhe kya hua?" His voice, which was drowning in selfish happiness changed to concern. She sighed. She shouldn't have snapped at him.

"Kuch nahin. Mujhe choro. Apni batao, kya hua hai." Shifting the phone from one hand to another, she sat on the bed.

"Kuch tou hua hai. Bata na! Humse kya parda?"

"Samar ka kuch zyada asar nahin horaha tum pe." She chuckled a little at his Urdu.

"Yeah, aaj shaam uske saath hi tha na. Thora thora hojata hai."

"Hmmm..." She started swinging her legs. Some moments were passed in silence. Outside, the full moon was shining brightly. Through the close glass door of her balcony, she could see the leaves of the trees swaying with the wind. She was in a closed room but she figured if she went out, this silence won't be as biting as it was now.

"Acha, tell me your wish."

His words made her snap out of her thoughts.

"What?"

"Tell. Me. Your. Wish."

He emphasized each word and she laughed. Ranveer could be so random at times.

"Give me the full moon that is shining high above on that black sky..."

"Hmmm...maybe someday. For now, tell me something that is possible."

Panchi had just joked because she thought that's what he was doing. But his reply made her think otherwise. Was he serious about this?

"Nonu, kya hogaya hai? Raat ko dhai baje mujhse wish pooch rahe ho?"

"Kyun, nahin pooch sakta kya? Right hai mera!" He seemed to mind her words. She was left speechless. She knew her best friend this much to know that he won't stop bugging her till she wished for something. But what?

"If you insist...make me feel special."

"In which way?"

"Mujhe kya pata. Just do it!" She bit her lower lip to stop the laugh and disconnected. Why had she said it? Maybe because she had been feeling so average these days. Or maybe Ranveer was the only person she could say any kind of weird stuff without being judged. Oh well, he always made her run around in stress and tension. He should get a taste of his own medicine. And besides, this was all a joke, right?

Panchi didn't really feel like sleeping despite it being so late. Vacations brought out this trait within her. She started sleeping till late in the morning once the exams were done and this meant long sleepless night.

She got up and turned on the computer. Once on, she started randomly surfing the net. Liking her friend's photos, commenting on some status, checking out some random LOL pages for a good laugh; she just waited for sleep to come.

But something else did...

It took her a while to notice the tapping on the glass door behind her. On the chair, she turned around to see anything unfamiliar. It all looked normal at the first glance. But after a little while, she saw the source of disturbances.

Someone was throwing pebbles on the door.

Alarmed, she got up and walked towards the door. Sliding the door to the side, she stepped out in the summer night which wasn't so hot. A gush of wind played with her hair as she walked in the huge balcony. Some small pebbles lay on the floor. Confused, she picked one from the floor. Just then, a somewhat bigger pebble landed near her foot. Looking down she noticed that it was covered in paper.

She picked it up and opened the paper. A diagonal arrow was drawn there, pointing towards the balcony boundary. Not entirely sure of herself, she walked towards the balcony wall and looked down. There was nothing strange in the immediate sight. Was this someone's prank? 

Irritated, she turned around to leave but she froze. Blinking, she looked down again. Her eyes widened in shock. Her heart seemed to start throbbing in her neck. She thought it was some kind of dream but apparently not...

Ranveer's wide grin and him waving her hand enthusiastically at her made her realize that it was real. Ranveer was standing down her balcony.

A cry of shock almost escaped her lip but it was the mere shock of all this which stopped it from doing so. She was scared, nervous! What if someone saw him? What the hell was he doing there anyway? And was that a guitar on his back?

"Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?!" She whispered frantically and asked him in hand gestures. He just took out his phone and motioned her to do the same. Her eyebrows creased in puzzlement but he urged her to do so. Turning around, she rushed to the room and picked up her phone and went out again.

As soon as she appeared on the balcony, her phone started ringing and she accepted the call. Her eyes were set on him who had put his phone on the on a box and set the guitar. Words seemed to fail her. Was he going to do what she thought he was going to do?

"Here's something special for you Moti!" His words rang in the phone and she blinked. His fingers had begun strumming the guitar and music filled the night. Closing his eyes, he seemed to be completely engrossed in the song.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you

Was this some dream? Was he actually down there singing a song for her?

You can count on me like 1 2 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah...

He kept singing and with each passing moment, the reality seemed to dawn on her. Ranveer Shergill, her best friend, was actually down in front of her balcony singing a song for her. The Ranveer who was literally the heartbeat of many girls around him, was here singing a song for her. Not just a cheesy song. A song of friendship...

If you toss and you turn and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song
beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will
remind you

At this verse, he opened his eyes and winked at her. A surprised smile curved her lips. Now, he wasn't breaking the eye contact. He was smiling, he was playing the guitar and he was singing. For her. Could there be anything more special than this feeling...?

You can count on me like 1 2 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah...

you can count on me cuz I can count on you!

He finished the song and put his guitar aside. She was speechless. She couldn't even say anything. He picked up his phone and put it on his ear.

"Now, wasn't that special?" His words were teasing her but she couldn't even reply back. She was just trying to control her thumping heart which had just went through the most beautiful 2 minutes of her life. The most special two minutes...

"Hey! Ais ke badle mein ek "special" thank you tou banta hi hai!" He chuckled and she seemed to be pulled out from her thoughts. She looked at him, standing there looking all casual as if coming to a girl's place at 3 in the morning and singing a song for her was a perfectly normal thing to do. What had she done to deserve someone like him?

Isn't it wonderful...?

"I love you Mr. Ranveer Shergill!" Her words were straight from her heart. She just wished that they could convey what she was feeling right now.

"And I love you Miss Panchi Rastogi, my Moti!" He replied back and her heart seemed to burst inside her chest. Warmth was spreading all over body. Blood rushed to her cheeks as she blew a flying kiss towards him and he caught it and placed it near the heart.

"Good night..." She whispered on the phone.

"Good night." He replied and disconnected the call. Never for once did he take his eyes off from her. The look in his eyes, as if she was the most precious thing in the world. What more could a girl ask for?

He waved her a final goodbye before turning around to leave. He had climbed over the wall to be here and he was going back through the same route. Her eyes followed him as he disappeared behind the wall. Now, she couldn't see clearly but the sound of the car starting and moving away pierced the night's silence. When all was quiet again, she walked back in the room.

Falling in love with your best friend...
...isn't it wonderful?

Uhum! The idea was bugging me since last night! Not quite what I thought it would be but meh, hope you liked it! OMG! Aren't my RaHi just PERFECT!!!! 😍 Seriously, I can so imagine something like this happening to them! They are friends but they are in love! God! I really wish their relationship is dealt differently in the show, nothing too cliched! My RaHi are pure magic and magic should always mesmerize 😍

Inspired from a true incident which happened to yours truly 😳

Like and comment! 😳
My pharmacology exam is doomed!
Kyunki kahan mujhe Cardiac glycosides dhikni chahiye waha mujhe RaHi dikha raha hain Mais!
At the age of 21 I am absolutely crazy over a teenage couple!
Hai Allah! Mera kya hoga!
It would be absolutely wonderful to be in love with your best freind.
I have never felt the necessity to fall in love, not that I don't believe in it.
I am quiet contend with finding love after marriage.
But Ranveer makes me wish, shayad aisa koi hota.
Par kuch aur baatein sochu tho lagta hain, mein single hee teek hun.
Real life is always more complicated.
I am blabbering.
Back to the OS.
Only few people can truly make you feel special.
People who know you and like you for you.
Ranveer, in here and in the show, accepts Panchi for her.
He may call her moti but I don't think her size remotely registers with him.
Same way she loves him with his attitude and all.
Best freinds are the best suited to do that.
Thank you for this wonderful OS Mais
Ps- Did you write the song?
It's beautiful.
omg omg! beautiful... very well written πŸ‘
Originally posted by Eowyn

My pharmacology exam is doomed!
Kyunki kahan mujhe Cardiac glycosides dhikni chahiye waha mujhe RaHi dikha raha hain Mais!
At the age of 21 I am absolutely crazy over a teenage couple!
Hai Allah! Mera kya hoga!
It would be absolutely wonderful to be in love with your best freind.
I have never felt the necessity to fall in love, not that I don't believe in it.
I am quiet contend with finding love after marriage.
But Ranveer makes me wish, shayad aisa koi hota.
Par kuch aur baatein sochu tho lagta hain, mein single hee teek hun.
Real life is always more complicated.
I am blabbering.
Back to the OS.
Only few people can truly make you feel special.
People who know you and like you for you.
Ranveer, in here and in the show, accepts Panchi for her.
He may call her moti but I don't think her size remotely registers with him.
Same way she loves him with his attitude and all.
Best freinds are the best suited to do that.
Thank you for this wonderful OS Mais
Ps- Did you write the song?
It's beautiful.

omg! I am so laughing over your exam comment! Hahaha! But I know right! I am just 18 and my friend is like, "you are going crazy over a school show?!" but i cant explain it well! I am just too much in love with RaHi <3

man, falling in love with your best friend is just so MEH! For me :p but since our equation wasnt like RaHi so I cant say much. Waise yaar, seriously! I so want to experience love before marriage but dont want to settle for anything but the most imperfectly perfect person for me <3 sucks that life aint a TV show for us :p agreed with for "love you for who you are" comment! I seriously hope they dont change much!

Song is "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars!
Originally posted by _Aanchal_

omg omg! beautiful... very well writtenπŸ‘

thank you so much dear! <3
I read it the moment you have posted it..
But kya comment karu kuch samaj hi nahin aaraha tha..
not that I know now what should I comment But I really like it <3 No loved it <3 <3

The song was just so perfect & it was a real story? Yours?
That lil lil moment between friends & falling for your best friend hardly happen or may be don't happen at all,atleast I never come across such real stories..So don't know if it's good or bad but falling in love with the person who respect love & treat his/her lover with respect,understanding & create memories with each passing moments..must be  beautiful..
But Alas! Real life is TOUGH..& here you don't find true love & if you do,you don't get..

Wish Real life lover,esp guys were as good as TV shows heroes lol (Like the good ones) with such passion,intensity,understanding n all.. But NO,life ain't a fairy tale..

Beautifully written Maris..

PS-Nidhi,chill you are just 21 & age is just another number you see lol..
OMG Bruno mars's Count on me is my fav
Damn MAIS!!! THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't  help but smile while reading!!
I just love ur writing style!! <3
Edited by 100littledevils - 11 years ago
Originally posted by piya2025

I read it the moment you have posted it..
But kya comment karu kuch samaj hi nahin aaraha tha..
not that I know now what should I comment But I really like it <3 No loved it <3 <3

The song was just so perfect & it was a real story? Yours?
That lil lil moment between friends & falling for your best friend hardly happen or may be don't happen at all,atleast I never come across such real stories..So don't know if it's good or bad but falling in love with the person who respect love & treat his/her lover with respect,understanding & create memories with each passing moments..must be beautiful..
But Alas! Real life is TOUGH..& here you don't find true love & if you do,you don't get..

Wish Real life lover,esp guys were as good as TV shows heroes lol (Like the good ones) with such passion,intensity,understanding n all.. But NO,life ain't a fairy tale..

Beautifully written Maris..

PS-Nidhi,chill you are just 21 & age is just another number you see lol..

main bhi sochun ke Piya is liking everything but not commenting! Not here nor at the SS. but i let it slide :p

hmmm...it aint a second to second copy of what happened to me. Mine wasnt as romantic as this one is, mine was pretty scary! I still remember the loud thumping of my heart. But it wasnt my best friend or lover (no way! Still single and happy!) it was just my class fellow who got crazy...

ANYWAY!

love just happens. This much I can say from personal experience. I know it took me one second to fall in love (and almost 8 years to fall out of it). Silent kind of love kills man, when all the thoughts start revolving around one person and it is frustratingly annoying but you feel helpless regarding it. Still, it is magical. And crazy. And stupid. And beautiful. And...gaaah! Its something to be experienced man! And i still firmly say, i dunno what love is.

Agreed yaar! The heroes of the shows are just too darn wonderful! Milte kahan hain aise bande? Well life aint to fairy tale but still...imagination is free and boundless.

Thank you! <3
Originally posted by 100littledevils

OMG Bruno mars's Count on me is my fav
Damn MAIS!!! THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't help but smile while reading!!
I just love ur writing style!! <3

thanks a lot yaar Piyu! <3
actually, i hadnt heard the song till last night. I had read the song in a novel being monthly published here in Pakistan. The lyrics got to me. So when I planned to make Ranveer sing for Panchi, I wanted the song to be more on friendship than love. And this one seemed perfect! <3 i am glad that it did wonders!
OHMYGOODIEGOODNESS ! whattaay os yaar ! Very well written ! It's magical <3 n using the song was like the cherry on the cake ! Beautiful! If something like this happen in the show,I'm sure RaHi will kill it ! We would die out of mesmerizment ! =p 
This one is the best RaHi os so far ! =D keep it up Batool !