Ramayan

*Ramayan Discussion Thread * (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 14

leonardoaugust8

Groupbie

leonardoaugust8

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Just want to add that ..for some reason instead of laying the background, the makers are in a tearing hurry and are squeezing several incidents into a single episode.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Ramayan Discussion Thread * (Page 3)" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Based on what i have read in an interview with Shihka Swaroop, this would only be 30 episodes while the older ones Ramayan (1987) was 78 episodes and the 2008 version had 300 episodes.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sargesh..RamKiJanaki..

Sargesh

Sargesh

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by leonardoaugust8

Agree with some of the viewers here. I had a feeling of "been here ..seen this before". Nothing new in what they have shown. For someone who has watched the original Ramayan in 80s and the NDTV successful version of it, I felt this version left lot to be desired. The actors in Vaikunth all looked dull and bored. Prob because Sagars have excelled at this, my expectations were high. But still one can always expect a remake to be better or be an improvement over the earlier version. But here the scenes were not just similar, they werent even as good as NDTV Imagine's version. Felt ..some actors were sleep walking through their roles. No offence meant to ardent followers. Not making any personal comment here. Just my opinion. Those who havent seen earlier versions may like it but those who have are bound to make comparisons.
The biggest problem is what new wud they show same story same plot but what they have to do is to narrate in more beautiful way and more effectively shud chose some other start but they are missing that thing

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Watched it and i felt it was better than NDTV;s ramayan version..here actors looked gr8..
but still it was quite fast paced and need better songs..
background music were too loud...

dashrath and kausalya were impressive...
i learnt that it is 64 episode show..wonder how can ramayan be told merely in 30 episodes 

cutegurl224

cutegurl224

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
I think the original Ramayan was classic and for me nothing can beat that. But I did watch the NDTV Imagine Ramayan as well which made me fall in love with Gurmeet Chaudhary and when I watched the first episode of this new Ramayan, I must say I was slightly impressed.

The visuals were pretty amazing in my opinion since the technology is much better now, as has been said repeatedly. But I guess my interest will increase once the main characters are grown up.

I don't have a doubt that Gagan Mallik and Neil Bhatt will be excellent as Ram and Lakshman respectively. I have seen shows featuring both the actors and I think they were pretty spectacular.!

Looking forward to the next episode!

Also I'm glad there are so many people here who are excited about Ramayan as a show because where I live, there's not a lot of people who would voluntarily want to discuss stuff like that! So I'm glad to be a part of this discussion!

Thanks for listening to my rant or rather reading it!

Take care

Nupur
xx

Mithuu

IF-Rockerz

Mithuu

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
I am looking forward to this Ramayan.  Excited its not going to be dragged after reading its going to be only 30 episodes . Missed watching NDTV Ramayan, so this will be my second Ramayan afer the ORIGINAL one in 1986. The cast is very impressive. Am a big fan of Devon ka Dev.
Gagan Malik to me looks just like  Mohit Raina.LOL

Edited by Peacefull - 15 August 2012 at 5:16pm

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by leonardoaugust8

Agree with some of the viewers here. I had a feeling of "been here ..seen this before". Nothing new in what they have shown. For someone who has watched the original Ramayan in 80s and the NDTV successful version of it, I felt this version left lot to be desired. The actors in Vaikunth all looked dull and bored. Prob because Sagars have excelled at this, my expectations were high. But still one can always expect a remake to be better or be an improvement over the earlier version. But here the scenes were not just similar, they werent even as good as NDTV Imagine's version. Felt ..some actors were sleep walking through their roles. No offence meant to ardent followers. Not making any personal comment here. Just my opinion. Those who havent seen earlier versions may like it but those who have are bound to make comparisons.

Agree, this is what I too felt! This first episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't impressive either. It seemed like a combination of the 1986 Ramayan and 2008 Ramayan. Plus, I am not a fan of the somber settings of Sagar Pictures. All their shows are like this, with dark and dreary palaces that don't give you a happy feeling. I feel like I'm watching Dwarkadheesh all over again.

What I did not like was that they showed Kaikeyi going to battle with Dashrath here, which is inaccurate. Kaikeyi going to battle and rescuing an injured Dashrath comes soon after their marriage, but here they showed it just before the birth of their children. Kaikeyi is supposed to be with Kaushalya and Sumitra welcoming Dashrath at the palace, not coming home with him.

And is it just me, or is anyone unimpressed with the actors chosen for Manthara and Kaikeyi? They're not up to par with the actors of RSR and ASR. But I do like Kaushalya and Sumitra, and have yet to reserve judgment of Dashrath. He's okay, but not as great as Bal Dhuri or Pankaj Kalra, the Dashraths of RSR and ASR.

But baby Ram was SO cute! I think the last five minutes were my favorite parts of the episode.Day DreamingLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cutegurl224Sargesh-VishaD-nneeiill

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Agreed with what Janaki had said too. As what i have read before, King Dasart married Kaikeyi only so that she could give him a child and when she coudn't, she started feeling insecure and only became the King's favorite wife after her saving him. Here, she saved him just before they had a child.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Ramayan Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.