Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: renukha871

That's the reason I started routing for the couple cause I love mature love story.

@ blue that's the very reason I could never like or tolerate that couple on my screen. We seen these contrived love story line a million times with different actors so I pray cv spare us from those kind of torture. SP had two shows that started like that Zee has it's own and am sure the other channels has there too.

@ red : I also find Adi character interesting but too bad cv couldn't find a worthy actor to play such and interesting character. The new Adi isn't great but he is a better actor the the old Adi. The only similarities with both actor is they're both the same age of 30.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 @bold : well i don't know much about that the other shows except for zee shows... so can't comment on that... and that's your opinion if you don't like this kind of stories... ...to me the hate he has isn't just a normal hatred we feel on someone...he had a bad past because of the bediyas and he has concrete reasons to hate her...not the immature hate love story i watched in most of the shows...i don't know why but i adore these two...😳😉
@italic: well i haven't watched the new show with the new actor in it... but i'm going to...

p.s. about the matured love story...i'm usually okay with stories like that but can't bare to watch (TVS & sugni) together!! NO OFFENSE😊
and thank you for commenting on my post...

😉

None taken at all 😆

I hope to see more posting from you in the future
Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Pyar-ishk I have said this before, that the beginning of this show can only be accepted by a certain mindset, and age has nothing to do with it. 

If you want to still see that young love when you are both just really discovering yourself as a being capable of feelings, then Adi and Sugni Jodi will appeal to you.

If you believe that when a boy treats you badly(the way Adi treated Sugni), it is because deep down he likes you or there can be more to him, that you can one day fall in love with, then Adi and Sugni Jodi will appeal to you.  However, there are books now that teach you, it is not the right type of love. Somehow, the writers of these shows and movies all over the world, takes this type of so-called love and have made so many women believe this type of love is exciting and genuine.  

My POV is that if a man does not have the right values to treat you with respect on first meeting, no matter how you may one day feel you have discovered love, one day that same disrespectful person will come out again, maybe in the worse way.  How many times have you heard "I saw the signs in the beginning?"
Adi and Sugni had no small argument, their arguments were huge. 
If the Cvs want to twist the story now, and suddenly make him hero, that is their problem, but it is showing the wrong reality.

Vikram and Sugni showed a different appeal to romance that is actually very common around the world.  Many times that type of relationship does work out, because it is good the mature one is the man, especially for a girl like Sugni who really needs stability in her life.  Vikram believes in Sugni, he believed she could learn to drive in a day, could do something other than Rai.  These are positives for a woman in Sugni's situation to guide her in quest for a more meaningful life.  Whether or not we want to agree, Sugni cannot guide herself without a little push, because she is coming from a very hopeless situation prior to meeting Vikram. 
No man is an island and no man stands alone, nothing is wrong with someone to mentor you, to encourage you, make you see yourself in ways you never thought possible, even if that person is your love interest. It is not deeming or weak for a woman, to have a man have that impact on your life. It is very liberating contrary to belief.  it is called Partnership.  I bring out the best in you, you bring out the best in me. 

What would the Adi we saw in the beginning offer her?  Even if he had money, big deal!  Adi needs to grow up himself.  He approaches so many situations, emotionally and immaturely.  Sugni would not grow under such circumstances, because she needs someone more calm like Vikram.  Who can make his point, without shouting, kicking her out of his house and putting her down. Who would not throw her errors in her face, but be patient and show her how she can do things differently.  

Amrita is already a confident, and liberal girl, because she is exposed to a different way of life, where there is hope, so she can deal with the complications of Adi and his mental world of family betrayals, lack of trust and uncertainties about his childhood etc. etc. etc.
Sugni have enough problems of her own. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by hillydee - 11 years ago
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: hillydee

Pyar-ishk I have said this before, that the beginning of this show can only be accepted by a certain mindset, and age has nothing to do with it. 

If you want to still see that young love when you are both just really discovering yourself as a being capable of feelings, then Adi and Sugni Jodi will appeal to you.

If you believe that when a boy treats you badly(the way Adi treated Sugni), it is because deep down he likes you or there can be more to him, that you can one day fall in love with, then Adi and Sugni Jodi will appeal to you.  However, there are books now that teach you, it is not the right type of love. Somehow, the writers of these shows and movies all over the world, takes this type of so-called love and have made so many women believe this type of love is exciting and genuine.  

My POV is that if a man does not have the right values to treat you with respect on first meeting, no matter how you may one day feel you have discovered love, one day that same disrespectful person will come out again, maybe in the worse way.  How many times have you heard "I saw the signs in the beginning?"
If the Cvs want to twist the story now, and suddenly make him hero, that is their problem, but it is showing the wrong reality.

Vikram and Sugni showed a different appeal to romance that is actually very common around the world.  Many times that type of relationship does work out, because it is good the mature one is the man, especially for a girl like Sugni who really needs stability in her life.  Vikram believes in Sugni, he believed she could learn to drive in a day, could do something other than Rai.  These are positives for a woman in Sugni's situation to guide her in quest for a more meaningful life.  Whether or not we want to agree, Sugni cannot guide herself without a little push, because she is coming from a very hopeless situation prior to meeting Vikram. 
No man is an island and no man stands alone, nothing is wrong with someone to mentor you, to encourage you, make you see yourself in ways you never thought possible, even if that person is your love interest. It is not deeming or weak for a woman, to have a man have that impact on your life. It is very liberating contrary to belief.  it is called Partnership.  I bring out the best in you, you bring out the best in me. 

What would the Adi we saw in the beginning offer her?  Even if he had money, big deal!  Adi needs to grow up himself.  He approaches so many situations, emotionally and immaturely.  Sugni would not grow under such circumstances, because she needs someone more calm like Vikram.  Who can make his point, without shouting, kicking her out of his house and putting her down. Who would not throw her errors in her face, but be patient and show her how she can do things differently.  

Amrita is already a confident, and liberal girl, because she is exposed to a different way of life, where there is hope, so she can deal with the complications of Adi and his mental world of family betrayals, lack of trust and uncertainties about his childhood etc. etc. etc.
Sugni have enough problems of her own. 

Just my two cents. 

Hillydee; the very reason this jodi did not appeal to me...
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

To all, I really want us to refrain from criticizing the posts of the Adi-Sugni fans...this thread was designed for us to understand not discuss their thoughts or reasons. I know some people are aching to comment but we all should hold back. What we are learning are the reasons why this jodi sells. It's also surprising to learn that Anuj S. and not so much the character was appealing to the audience or fans and now since he his gone, they are sorely disappointed.

At this stage EVERYONE is unhappy with how this show has turned out because it looks nothing like its former self...it's a typical Zeetv drama that has lost all its wit, charm and humor. The dialogue that was one funny, captivating and delightful is dull, boring and lifeless, The characters are ruined and right now the only person(s) appealing are Kuhu and Tinkle. And if this continues Busukia might be the only we'll like.
renukha871 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

i'm sorry for the intervention as this post is meant for someone else...but since this is aditya-sugni post i can't refrain myself from commenting...

The "man" you mentioned could be in general but i'm sure it includes Aditya as well.....
Aditya is actually a nice guy...It's just that the whole bediya issue in the past brings out the ugliness in him and he turns him into a jerk a most of the time with sugni...no one is perfect and there's definetly no such thing as perfect relationship...that's what aditya is...he's just imperfect and to me that's what makes the character so human...so, if somehow later aditya and sugni develop feelings for each other I'm sure aditya will change...because people change and maybe sugni is the who one changes and heals him...and even if they caught in an arguement,,,,well like i said no relationship is perfect...those mistakes and arguments will teach them more about each other and they could grow together...

Yes and he had concrete reasons to behave that way...and their arguments to me wasn't just petty ones...to me I saw it as a potential hate love track ...(i might be a little sadistic)

Vikram and Sugni showed a different appeal to romance that is actually very common around the world

Another reason why i ship aditya and sugni over TVS and sugni...they were just plain boring to me...zero chemistry too.

It is not deeming or weak for a woman, to have a man have that impact on your life. It is very liberating contrary to belief.
 it is called Partnership.  I bring out the best in you, you bring out the best in me.

Yes indeed TVS has helped her and supported her and he does have huge impact on her...
but somehow it's just a one way street relationship since he's the one who's giving and she's just receiving...what does she give in return? other than love...he doesn't need to be her life partner to give all those support and encouragement..it could even be as an uncle or from a father image...
yes he brought out the best in sugni but sugni brought out the worst in him...he cheated her, so obsessed with her that he wanted to commit suicide just because she's breaking up with him...to me she makes him weak...

Adi needs to grow up himself.  He approaches so many situations, emotionally and immaturely.

They both need some growing up to do as they both are the most broken characters in the show...they could do it together...they could fix each other up together slowly as they are young and have all the time ahead of them...there would be more drama and twists if this ship happens...how they develop themselves emotionally and grow together to be a matured couple...

Sugni have enough problems of her of her own.

If Amrita can help him then why is he still wounded and broken...she is a strong and has all the positive values but somehow she'll never understand his pain because she is not been through with it...she's very righteous and sometimes neglects his feelings...she never seen him as a broken character...i think two broken characters can solve their problems together as they understand each other better..
right now i know it's difficult to see aditya and sugni together as a pair because he seems sadistic...but it would be interesting to watch how aditya stone and wounded heart slowly melts for sugni...
it probably wouldn't even matter anymore anyway because this show has gone way way downhill and i quit watching it...
i'm sorry if i was rude...🥱
Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i'm sorry for the intervention as this post is meant for someone else...but since this is aditya-sugni post i can't refrain myself from commenting...

The "man" you mentioned could be in general but i'm sure it includes Aditya as well.....
Aditya is actually a nice guy...It's just that the whole bediya issue in the past brings out the ugliness in him and he turns him into a jerk a most of the time with sugni...no one is perfect and there's definetly no such thing as perfect relationship...that's what aditya is...he's just imperfect and to me that's what makes the character so human...so, if somehow later aditya and sugni develop feelings for each other I'm sure aditya will change...because people change and maybe sugni is the who one changes and heals him...and even if they caught in an arguement,,,,well like i said no relationship is perfect...those mistakes and arguments will teach them more about each other and they could grow together...

Well obviously I was speaking generally, and Aditya was included, that is what the post is about.
So, because the Cvs showed some sort of prospect in Aditya playing with words about how Bednis should be respected, you really feel that Aditya's original behaviour is that of a decent guy?  So, with excuses of his past, you justify cursing out a girl on more than one occasion, and pushing her out of your Uncle's house acceptable?  So, because of what a Bedni did to his family, he must disrespect women? In case you do not remember he is not respectful to Amrita either. 

Yes and he had concrete reasons to behave that way...and their arguments to me wasn't just petty ones...to me I saw it as a potential hate love track ...(i might be a little sadistic)

It is very sadistic and if you were my daughter and found that behaviour normal and justifiable I would be very concerned to let you out of my sight.  No offense. 
Aditya spoke to Sugni like she was nothing on first meeting, even Sugni who is fearless, was scared after.  Dragging a girl, no matter who she is, to throw her out of your house, is the worse kind of insult for a man to do to a woman.  I was brought up in a society where that is considered Physical Abuse.  Also, the way in which he used to curse her, is considered Verbal Abuse.  Any sort of abuse is wrong whether man to a woman or woman to man.  

Vikram and Sugni showed a different appeal to romance that is actually very common around the world

Another reason why i ship aditya and sugni over TVS and sugni...they were just plain boring to me...zero chemistry too.

Well seeing chemistry with either Jodis or not seeing any chemistry is very subjective, so let us not go there. I am happy you see this, I don't. 

It is not deeming or weak for a woman, to have a man have that impact on your life. It is very liberating contrary to belief.
 it is called Partnership.  I bring out the best in you, you bring out the best in me.

Yes indeed TVS has helped her and supported her and he does have huge impact on her...
but somehow it's just a one way street relationship since he's the one who's giving and she's just receiving...what does she give in return? other than love...he doesn't need to be her life partner to give all those support and encouragement..it could even be as an uncle or from a father image...
yes he brought out the best in sugni but sugni brought out the worst in him...he cheated her, so obsessed with her that he wanted to commit suicide just because she's breaking up with him...to me she makes him weak...

There is no where in my statement that I said someone needs to be your life partner to provide all that support, I said nothing is wrong if the person who happen to support and encourage you is your life partner.  Completely different statements. 
I said this because and I used the word liberating (for the women who feel liberation can only come from self), because many persons, feel that Sugni does not need a man to help her move forward in life, so I am saying in my POV, that she may not need it, but nothing is wrong if that is the way she will get that extra push to move forward in life, from being a Bedni. 
 I don't know if you know the famous Canadian singer Celine Dion(not to stray from the point), but her husband is older than her, and he was her Manager before they got together and now they are married for many years. She was 12 when they met, and he was 38, you do the Math. Of course they got married when she was older. He plays a big impact in her career. Some women's lib would say, why such relationship, why get married to your career manager, the man who groomed you into fame, but I would say so what if your Manager who plays a big responsibility in your success, turns out to be your husband in the long run.  No big deal.

I don't know where you saw Vikram wanting to commit suicide. I only know of Sugni saying she would commit suicide if he turned out to be negative.  Also, Sugni does not make Vikram weak. If I am to agree with your word 'weak,' then Vikram made himself weak. There is a big difference. You have control over your life, people can't make you the way you are.  He handled the situation in the wrong way, he lied and that is the truth of the matter.  Sugni made Vikram happy.  Until you have experienced the type of happiness you never want to lose according to Vikram, then it is not fair to say Sugni does not impact his life, in a positive way. 

You stated what does Sugni have to offer Vikram other than love.  Well, that is a very odd statement to make, because life is love.  So, even if Sugni had a Masters, and she was some top manager for a company, if she did not have what it takes to make Vikram feel loved, what really would be her worth?  Vikram already has money and financial stability, he only wants a "Sane," life partner to enjoy it with, clearly or he would not go to such an extent to lie to keep Sugni. Besides, love is a broad thing, it comes with so many ways in which you can love and make another person happy.  So, I am really surprised you made such a statement, but I will refrain from judging you. If I have misunderstood you line of argument, feel free to correct me. 

Adi needs to grow up himself.  He approaches so many situations, emotionally and immaturely.

They both need some growing up to do as they both are the most broken characters in the show...they could do it together...they could fix each other up together slowly as they are young and have all the time ahead of them...there would be more drama and twists if this ship happens...how they develop themselves emotionally and grow together to be a matured couple...

If you speak to psychologists or psychiatrists they will tell you two broken persons cannot fix each other. They will have many struggles, and an unhealthy relationship. Many irrational arguments, misunderstandings and the list goes on. You may love each other, but that does not mean it is enough to sustain a healthy relationship, even if you do stay together.  No one can fix you, you have to fix yourself. I never said Vikram was fixing Sugni, I said he contributes to her development and that is only because Sugni is an ambitious and strong person. If she carried around baggage like Aditya, and behaved like him, there is nothing Vikram could do to motivate her.  

Sugni have enough problems of her of her own.

If Amrita can help him then why is he still wounded and broken...she is a strong and has all the positive values but somehow she'll never understand his pain because she is not been through with it...she's very righteous and sometimes neglects his feelings...she never seen him as a broken character...i think two broken characters can solve their problems together as they understand each other better..
right now i know it's difficult to see aditya and sugni together as a pair because he seems sadistic...but it would be interesting to watch how aditya stone and wounded heart slowly melts for sugni...
it probably wouldn't even matter anymore anyway because this show has gone way way downhill and i quit watching it...
i'm sorry if i was rude...🥱

Please read my post again, I did not say she can help him or fix him.   I said she can Handle him better than Sugni.  On observing Sugni, I am sure we can agree how emotional Sugni is.  Sugni gets upset pretty easy, and she says whatever comes to her, and does not hold back.  Aditya is very similar. Do you really think it is healthy that both Aditya and Sugni have the same type of erratic temperament? With the baggage that Aditya was carrying around. Try and remember their arguments and visualise a relationship in the future.  Aditya does not even deserve Amrita, I have said this on the forum some days ago. However, she is much calmer and patient than Sugni, because her confidence about life and future is much clearer, due to her more privilege circumstances. 

SweetiShobhy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
gosh i cant wait to see adi and sugni ki jodi
moon.beam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i ship aditya and sugni...they are definitely my OTP in this show...
the reasons i am about to give are based on the old aditya (anuj) because i've stopped watching this show for a while..
1st: they just look so good together ( they have better chemistry IMO)
2nd: Fell in love with from their first scene...
3rd: this might seem sadistic but i kind of love the way he ill-treated sugni
4th: they both are the broken characters in this show...together they could fix each             other back up... he was broken because of the whole bediya thing and sugni    was   always discriminated by the thakurs...
5th: To me TvS seemed more like an uncle image to sugni and couldn't picture them      
        together in a romantic relationship...(which is why i stopped watching )
6th: Aditya didn't just hate her, he loathed her...it could've been developed into a   good love story...i liked that their story didn't start out with those weird googly stares...i can't stand that... A hate love relationship is what i was looking forward for in  aditya and sugni scenes...
7th: Their scenes were short but i loved every moment of it...
8th: they both had their fair share of first love in their life... but somehow they both find their way back to each other :)
9th: so what if tvs was aditya's uncle...as long indulging in a romantic relationship with sugni isn't incest... i don't see anything wrong in them getting together...
i don't know if i would still continue watching this show...but i'd give it a try... these are my reasons...8 reasons why.. aditya is actually an interesting character for me... i'm always torn to decide whether he's the protagonist of the antagonist in this show..too bad they changed the actor.. but i'd give a shot for aditya...i hope i was not rude... was just  expressing my opinion..:)

Perfect...10 on 10 from me for the 8 points 😊

Adding a few lines from me why I dont appreciateTVS and Sugni...

I could not much appreciate the reasoning that when ur wife is mental u r free to go and look for new options and also take care of the mental wife at same time..!!! If he had divorced the first wife and then went on to marry sugni, it would have been better

I agree that TVS was thinking his wife was dead, but what when he knew that she is back...limitless love for sugni held him back...how can this be LOVE is beyond my understanding...it  might be possible, but much above me to comprehend...For me love is truth and sacrifice...

Adi and Sugni has no truth and sacrifice yet, but what I see is that Adi was hurt at childhood and wounds have not yet subsided...only when he understands what bendinis are for real will he get a peace of mind...Sugni always had a dream of marrying and settling in life with respect...Sugni can help adi and adi can help sugni...

Once married Adi will be equally protective and supportive as TVS...because basically Adi is a good guy and the hatred is out of his pain...I would not say adi hates sugni, it is not plain torture or being mental...sometimes our sadness come out as anger...it would have happened to any one of you

PS: The new or old actor does not make much difference to me...in fact actors do not make a difference if the characters are well sketched.
PPS: I am not a fan of long eye-locks and rain drenching romance... 😊

JulieD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Laila: This is a great thread. From the posts, the main reason I can see for their favor of the Adi-Sugni jodi is their age. I guess most people have an issue with Vikram's age.

@ Hillydee: Once again, thank you for writing my opinions so well!!!😆
Edited by JulieD - 11 years ago
un786 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
While TVS is cute, the old Adi was drop dead hot!!  That was one of the main reasons why I wanted him and Sugni to get togther.  They made a really cute couple.  For me it was and still is strange seeing Sugvi together because TVS is soo much older and older looking than Sugni.  It was really hard to see them as an item.  But they had great chemistry, which made me like them.  But deep down I wanted Sugni to be with Adi.  There were all those cute moments that they shared together.  I loved the mango scene.  Despite it never happening, I had some hope.

But that is not the case now.  Don't get me started on this new Adi.  I know there are alot  of people out there who like him, and I don't mean to offend anyone of you, but I just can't stand him.  His is just to too narrow for me.  His face, his waist, his body, his shoes, and his VOICE.  He doesn't have that sexy masculinity oozing out of him like the old Adi had.  There is no chemistry between him an Sugni (or anyone else for the matter).  Please don't hate me, but he is a little too girly for me.  I want the old Adi back, he had so much potential.  But I guess we can never get everything we always want.  (Sigh)  There are no more delicious cookies in PSH anymore to look at and admire! ðŸ˜•