India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

Look at this....same 2 same (Page 3)

desi gurl IF-Dazzler
desi gurl
desi gurl

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
YMLH should reunite Ronit and Pooja. That would not be sending out the wrong message. It would be sending out the right message: If you love someone, stick by their side. Plus, it doesn't matter if they get back together. It isn't real life, so that is possible. and as for wrong messages, well......... all shows send those out. and ymlh has already sent out many like: if a avarage girl wants to do something in life, she has to have the help of a rich guy that she will marry. and the poornima thing. and ronit marrying poornima. those messages are a lot worse. and the way the story changed wasnt that good either. pooja and ronit reuniting will be a GOOD thing and a GOOD message.

desi gurl IF-Dazzler
desi gurl
desi gurl

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

Ronit just said things.. Ashmit is doing it.. Ronit is no hero, he just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Ronit listened to Pooja.. Well if you cannot think on your own, You are better off listening to another.. We are seeing the fruits of his thinking.. Sorry to offend.. But the directors have etched Ronit's character very poorly.. Also Ronit's action leaves a lot to be desired.. Even I liked him when there was no one to compare..  but then along came Ashmit, a more mature and practical person who knows what he is doing.. and Ronit just fades in front of him..  I am sure a lot of viewers like me are convinced he loves for Pooja much more than Ronit....

The biggest mistake of the directors was the introduction of Ashmit.. He has totally swept the show off....

wow.. I typed so much, anyway, I hope this will be taken in the right spirit.. Have fun.. enjoy the show..

yes this is taken in good spirit... but ronit is a hero. he will listen to pooja. he does not just say. he also acts. ronit said he will listen to anything that pooja says and he does. ashmit will never do that. and even if ronit was at the right place at the right time, that is how love happens. correct? being at the right place at the right time made pooja and ronit fall in love.

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

Originally posted by sonynyu

YMLH already has sent out the wrong messages so it can't do any worse by reuniting Pooja-Ronit. The show started out as a story on Pooja's dreams and ambitions. Becoming a film director was Pooja's PASSION and people don't forget their passions that easily (which Pooja has already done many times) The directors and writers of this show are just using the "I want to become a film director story to differentiate their shows from others. Take away that facet of the story and you're left with a toned down mixture of Kkusum, Tumhari Disha and Big B's films from the 60's and 70's. The show's message in a nutshell is 'you can mistakes in life but no despair, there will always be a prince charming to save you at the end.' Poornima made a mistake and Ronit was there to marry her. Pooja made a mistake and Ashmit was there to marry her. What happened to the realistic storyline, the smart and witty characters?

Hi, Well it is definitely much better than the most of the serials out there today that show multiple marriages. I don't want this show to reduce to one like that. Multiple marriages is not as welcome as is shown in all these serials. As for diveriting from the theme, well, I guess all shows fall for the TRPs. Also, Amitabh Bachaan is big B for a reason..

Now coming to message of prince charming coming and saving you, How did Ronit become a Prince charming when he does not even consider Poornima his wife. Just because he was rich, he did not become prince charming.. wake up.. this is not fairy land..

And what is Pooja's mistake that we are talking about for which she got Ashmit.. trying to keep her family happy, trying to save her sister's marriage... I am sure you will find lots of girls who do that even today in real life.. But what's the use, if she does this with the expectation of getting back with Ronit as soon as possible.. Forgive me for not understanding this..

Originally posted by sonynyu

And Ronit promised Pooja the world, was willing to give her everything...he left his house because Pooja was not respected there...he supported Pooja despite his parent's opposition...he saved Poornima from suicide twice...true he may not be as mature as Ashmit but he's a passionate guy who loves Pooja more than anything in the world. He's a guy that lives his life by his emotions and always has. That's why he was an interesting character and hopefully will be if the directors can end this current 'yeh tera baap yeh mera baap' track. Ronit always listened to Pooja- he does whatever he says. I wonder if Ashmit will end up doing the same when Pooja tells him to not destroy the Gujrals. Anyhow, Ashmit will never love Pooja as much as Ronit did. Pooja-Ronit shared and still share a special bond and always will. And if they reunite, me = Big smile

Ronit just said things.. Ashmit is doing it.. Ronit is no hero, he just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Ronit listened to Pooja.. Well if you cannot think on your own, You are better off listening to another.. We are seeing the fruits of his thinking.. Sorry to offend.. But the directors have etched Ronit's character very poorly.. Also Ronit's action leaves a lot to be desired.. Even I liked him when there was no one to compare..  but then along came Ashmit, a more mature and practical person who knows what he is doing.. and Ronit just fades in front of him..  I am sure a lot of viewers like me are convinced he loves for Pooja much more than Ronit....

The biggest mistake of the directors was the introduction of Ashmit.. He has totally swept the show off....

wow.. I typed so much, anyway, I hope this will be taken in the right spirit.. Have fun.. enjoy the show..

Yes, I am awake. And yes, this has been taken in good spirits. It would be boring if we all agreed, right?

Now, I do think Ronit does consider Poornima to be his wife. Sure he doesn't show affection towards her the way Ashmit does to Pooja but it could be worse. At least Ronit is still faithful to Poornima despite having immense feelings for Pooja. I really can't see Ronit as a bad husband because 1) he got married when he wasn't ready to and is still growing up- what's he like 19 or 20? Ashmit is much more mature because he's older and experienced. Like you said, he has been through a lot. Ronit pretty much hasn't- he's led a carefree life with many riches and luxuries. Is Ronit to blame for that? I don't think so...I think he's shaped up fine, considering both his parents are complete low lives.

Compared to real life, Pooja and Poornima are fortunate. Sure Ronit is no prince charming now but most fairy tales end at marriage. We never get to see what prince charming does after marriage. Anyway, that was meant as a comparison. Yes, many girls AND guys do make sacrifices for their families and friends. But they aren't as fortunate as Pooja and Poornima. Most girls who have children out-of-wedlock have to live with that stigma for the rest of their lives...they aren't as lucky to have some guy marry them and give their child a name. People work two, three jobs to make ends meet, to pay off loans. You can say that Pooja was in the right place at the right time- she met Ashmit, he helped pay off her loans, gave her a chance to direct a film and finally, asked for her hand in marriage. The social probs shown in the show are realistic enough, but the solution aren't. I think a show like Rihhaee does a better job addressing those solutions.

Ronit wasn;t the only male character opposite Pooja before Ashmit's grand entry. Akash was also there but during that time, the show catered to the Pooja-Ronit relationship. Now with Ashmit in the picture, the focus has shifted to the him. This has caused a problem because most of the initial characters in this show were supposed to be college students. Now they are supposed to act like mature adults, which doesn't suit most of the actors in the show including Amit Jain aka Ronit. I think everyone liked him better in his young, college avatar. Now that they have made him a suit and tie type of guy, he isn't as popular because his new image just doesn't gel with his old one. So I agree, his character has been poorly sketched out and Ronit has been a victim of an inconsistent storyline. Most of the earlier characters in his show are hardly shown anymore- Akash, Reema, Mandy, KS. ROnit is still a primary focus in the show though and that's why he pales in front of Ashmit. Rahil suits the corporate, big boss role so kudos to him for that.

I think I typed too much...oh well, most of you won't even read this but what the heck, might as well share my thoughts. Hail the Big B- his movies rock and he's a big screen icon. But I don't think its a good idea to turn YMLH into hit film from 30 yrs ago. If the Big B and Shashi Kapoor were in YMLH, well then that would be another story. I wouldn't mind seeing Trishul on the small screen then.

Go to top