Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

The Shekhar Family: First Blushes (Page 3)

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by poiu123

Only have apprehensions abt CM . Absolutely loved his Mom. His CM thinks the world of him and thinks Anandi is not good enuf for Shiv (the way she said wudnt u prefer a nayi naveli dulhan).  All her life Anandi has been made to feel not good enuf. It was Dadisa first when she was a child and Jagya when she was adult.
Wud hate to see Anandi getting the same vibes ( though not openly ) from another person- CM.

Let CM spend some quality time with Anandi. If she doesn't turn into her bhakt, tab dekhte hain! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

chitra11lavySuchi-dixie123AnjanaYYZ

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wuthering

Dixie...

LOL...You know I think I also need to teach myself to post more, small posts.Instead of just HUUUGE long ones. LOL And Sachi Thanks to Shiv! I think I have never posted itna..and I have been on IF since the past 5 years! LOL

Oh yes! the other day Anandi told Shiv- aap bahut bolte hain! Imagine her surprise when she meets his FAMILY! LOLLOL Wonder what she will say then! LOL

Not to worry Sia ! Shiv is here to stay and now with the wedding you have so many more chances to post !! LOL 

Am waiting to see Daddu and Anandi bond ! I am sure it is going to be a totally different environment for her. The last 13 or 14 yrs she has adjusted to this strict Singh family and now this family will give her loads of freedom in every way. She isn't herself an introvert I think . She has become one probably over the yrs after Jag's betryal. So, she will find good company with them.
I truly want AnSh to shift to Udaipur post marriage !

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

chitra11lavyAbhiAniwutheringSuchi-AnjanaYYZ

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
NO NO - she is Jaitsar ki Sarpanchni!  Shiv's family cannot bhagao her from thereAngry  They could, however, move to Jaitsar for a while.Day Dreaming

sdk10AbhiAniwutheringMalikaSuchi-dixie123

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Dixie - since I didn't like Laagi Tujhse Lagaan...I won't comment on it.  But, the actor who plays Shiv's dad was Principal in Miley Jab Hum Tum.  He was side role, but HILARIOUS.  He lacks presence, but watch out for when he does speak.

The CVs destroyed LTL. I stopped watching after MR left the show. I pretty much watched it only for him.

Oh.. I haven't seen him in any other show. So, will take your word on him.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lavyAbhiAniwutheringSuchi-AnjanaYYZ

Malika IF-Sizzlerz
Malika
Malika

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Hey beautiful post Sia - Really agree with every word of urs.Thumbs Up Specially the points at the end.Totally love Shiv's expressions these dayEmbarrassed Plus his chemistry with the family is too good.They really seem to have gelled very well.Now talking abt the characters my personal fav has to be his mom and dadu.

The cvs have chosen the most perfect actor for playing the role of dadu.He really befits the character very well.I SO love his rapport with his DILs.And I am sure with Anandi, he is gonna be even more playful and jovial.I am dying to see him teasing Shivji along with Anandi.LOLThat will indeed be a treat to watch.

Now coming to the second most important character - His Mom.I have to say I didnt expect her to be this good.Actually I more love the kind of person she is.She has her morals and ethics at place and is not plain emotional.She is progressive and insightful.the way she made a view about anandi not on the basis of her divorcee status but on her own thinking of what all agony the young girl must have been through was indeed remarkable.She is that kind of a mother who once teaches her kids all the right and wrong and then lets them be and grow themselves.The mothers who once upbring their kids with the best of the morals and then entrust them much enough to let them grow independently.And thats what I love about her.

His dad's character is still new to me.Want to know more about him.I am so much accustomed to see Bhairon as the perfect dad that I just can't get too impressed with this character.But I am sure he too will have his own role to play.For the first time anandi will get a fatherly figure who is more of a friend.

And last but not the least,his CM...the li'l mommy. I like her character in the sense that she really loves Shiv...she loves him almost unconditionally.She loves him in the typical Indian mother style...which is so evident from the way she scolds him about becoming weak or the way she had tears in her eyes when she hugged him.So I really don't have much problem with her.But yes I can't agree on the fact that she had no reason for sulking about the divorcee tag of anandi.She too like the other shekhar's is modern and progressive and must not have much problem with it.And the way she tried to convince shiv's mom about the new bride thing...she didn't appear confused or sharing her doubts...she appeared confident.As if she is somehow aware of the helplessness one can feel if his/her partner has au unforgettable past.And she doesnt want Shiv to suffer that pain too.Probably I am thinking too much but in my view she surely has a deep-seated reason for her denial.But I think Anandi will solve all her problems v soon so she doesnt bother me much.

So ALL in all I just loved Shiv's family.Seeing his family you realize how come he is such a perfect balance of traditional values and modern outlook.The best part about his family is the freedom of expression and the trust among people.They are a progressive family which discusses it problems on the dining table,which sits together and jokes around like friends,which doesn't hesitate in openly talking about morals values and ethics,which beleives in giving freedom of thought,expression and choice to one and all in the family and which openly appreciates it's kid for doing something good.Thats how a perfect family should be. And as for Shiv, I can easily see from where which trait of him seem to come from.All his sanskars are a gift of dadaji...while his righteousness...his strong, unbiased and independent point of view comes straight from his mother...from father comes the liberty of expression and jovialness and nothing morally from CM...CM was probably the one who pampered him the most and thats why he became a bhukadROFL

Edited by Malika - 10 August 2012 at 2:14pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sdk10lavyAbhiAniwutheringdlipSuchi-dixie123AnjanaYYZ

sdk10 Senior Member
sdk10
sdk10

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Sia: Loved your post even though it was bit longBig smile Bang on analysis of all the characters.Thumbs Up

Loved Shiv's daddu, of course sudhir pandey is such powerful actor he fitted right in.

But my favourite character in Shiv's family is his mom.Approve
I am super impressed with Shiv's mother. Her character has so much depth. She has such a compassionate nature, that she had tears in her eyes while hearing about Anandi's painful past. She not only connects dots well but also understood Singh's pain in rejecting their own son. Her respect for Singh's for supporting their innocent DIL at the cost of their son and thinking about her happiness. Her open mindedness, willingness to judge people for their worth and not on their past. Her pride in Shiv for choosing  divorcee as life partner shows her progressive thinking.  Beautiful beautiful characterization, befitting to Shiv's mom. Its easy to see she has imbibed same values in Shiv. He is character image of his motherSmile

Edited by sdk10 - 10 August 2012 at 2:23pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

lavyAbhiAniwutheringpoiu123MalikaSuchi-dixie123AnjanaYYZ

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

Not to worry Sia ! Shiv is here to stay and now with the wedding you have so many more chances to post !! LOL 

Am waiting to see Daddu and Anandi bond ! I am sure it is going to be a totally different environment for her. The last 13 or 14 yrs she has adjusted to this strict Singh family and now this family will give her loads of freedom in every way. She isn't herself an introvert I think . She has become one probably over the yrs after Jag's betryal. So, she will find good company with them.
I truly want AnSh to shift to Udaipur post marriage !

Nai nai! I second Anjana here! Not in Udaipur! They can go visit occasionally and maybe even spend some time there post marriage. But that Circuit House looks sooo cute yaar- just perfect for the two of them! They will have all the privacy in the world ! And I don't want Anandi go far from the Singhs. I have kinda started feeling bad for them esp now that we got introduced to Shivs perfect family. 

And oh yeah! Choti Anandi was so darn feisty & quite the chatar patar girl. She used to talk nineteen to the dozen. LOL Daddu will be instrumental in bringing that chatar patar Anandi out of her shell! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sdk10lavyAbhiAniMalikaSuchi-dixie123AnjanaYYZ

lavy Goldie
lavy
lavy

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Spot on Wuthering. It would have been far too filmy if everyone in the family had a happy smile and are ok with the baggage Anandi is coming with. My mother would say the same about my brother or cousins - nothing new there. She did it in a dignified way though.

A special note to Sonal Jha - A very very seasoned matured actress. Dialogue delivery, the resonance in her voice while talking about Anandi, while pacifying CM - perfect. A 10/10 in my book and the best performance today. 

One Qn to CVs - How on earth do you end up picking such a perfect ensemble cast?

Edited by lavy - 10 August 2012 at 2:30pm

sdk10wutheringpoiu123MalikaSuchi-AnjanaYYZ

Go to top