Balika Vadhu

The Shekhar Family: First Blushes

wuthering thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I had been holding off till todays epi to post my opinion on the Shekhar family...thought I needed to see their reaction to Shivs revelation about Anandi today to see if all that glitters is indeed gold :P I am just glad I was proved right. So random observations on the past 3 days worth of dynamics & interactions between the family members:

1) First up, Daddu! Oh God...is this Daddu the worlds sweetest or what? Love love love that they got a veteran actor like Sudhir Pandey to play the character! You know with all the news that was trickling in on who is going to play Shivs mum- I am surprised THIS news was kept under the wraps.

Anywhoo- love his general characterization. His army background & how he goes off on a tangent recounting his army anecdotes.😆  Love how his conversations are sprinkled with army references like Jawan, Rapid firing etc. etc. 😆 And oh, I thought it was really cool that he reprimanded Shiv for slouching and told him to correct his posture when he called Shiv towards him in ydays epi- I felt that scene fit really well- seemed like something a Grandfather would nag their grandkid about and here his problem with the slouch made even more sense given his army back ground.

Then His entire family seems to dote on him and I love that! He of course shares a special bond with Shiv and I find it oh so endearing! Love how they showed Shiv touching his feet yesterday- it gave me a Dadisa- Laadesar Deja vu! ðŸ˜³ And of course- I am not exactly surprised that he agreed wholeheartedly even after knowing Anandis past. Woh toh pata hi tha. ðŸ˜³

And oh, I dunno if its common for a female Sarpanch to be called a Sarpanchni- I thought it was more of Dadisa manifestations but I like that he is calling her Sarpanchni as well! ðŸ˜† Speaking of DS- I liked DS-Daddus brief scene together today- its gonna be a nice tussle between the two- the tussle to head the soon going to be samdhis- Singh-Shekhar household & given the two actors involved- its sure going to be a visual delight! ðŸ˜ƒ

And oh, I need to mention that I found it interesting that in the epi that we were first introduced to the Shekhars, Shiv had the BEST chemistry with Daddu! I loved that- I understood that its their first scene together & actors take time to warm up to each other & it kinda showed in Shiv interactions with his mum & CM but Daddu- Pota got together like a house on fire! ðŸ˜†

2)Papa Dearest! Ok- Anyone else had a deja vu of Anupam Kher's character in movies like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun etc? You know the jovial father of the bride/ groom who is NEVER serious and keeps cracking jokes NON STOP? He is like the life of the party with his random games like statue. ðŸ˜† And even his habit of video recording EVERYTHING & ANYTHING is cute! (I found it hilarious he was recording Anandi even WHILE he was in the kichad! ðŸ˜†) And I love he was the first one to meet Anandi. Nice touch by the creatives drawing a parallel between Anandi- Bhairons first meeting.

3) Mum! So Shivs MUCH talked about & MUCH discussed MUM is finally here! Never followed Na Aana Is Des but I believe the actress had a important role there. Any which way, I really like her character so far. There were so many spoilers about how she may be a negative character. Am happy so far we don't have any reason to believe that. I like her dressing style- traditional yet modern. Just how I envisioned Shivs Mum. Her jewelry, makeup, hair, saris etc. seem perfect. And even the actor is doing a decent job. I think she came into her own in todays epi & even yesterday. She seems ready to fill the hole in Anandis life left by Bhagos demise & Sumitras absence. I like her general nok-jhok with her husband & of course with Shiv.

4) CM! Okay, I really don't seem to have a problem with whatever I have seen of her character so far. If anything, I actually like the actor playing her. She has a very pleasant face & her dressing style is very sober and easy on the eye. I liked that she has a special bond with Shiv & his mum knows that & revels in the fact. No hang ups there! There was a reason why she was the only member in his family who was in tears while hugging him. Shiv clearly means a lot to her. And I think that is way I had no problem with her reaction today. In fact, it would have been unbelievable to me if Shivs ENTIRE family accepted Anandis past. No matter HOW modern a family is- the fact that their son (who is not a random guy but quite the eligible bachelor) wants to get married to a village belle who just so happens to be a now divorced child bride is no small matter which can or should be pushed under the carpet. Anandi comes with a LOT of baggage & its only sane for ONE person of his family to realize that. And she wasn't being all weird about it. Whatever she felt- she shared with her Didi. I thought it was quite okay really. The rest of course remains to be seen! And jo bhi, if Anandi can straighten a person like DS- then who the heck is this CM anyways?! ðŸ˜›

Edit: Forgot to mention that scene where CM says Shiv has become weak & he shows of his MUSCLES! This guy keeps getting cuter people!

General observations:
1) Our Kadak Kadak Collector Saab- the way he was babyed and pampered by all! I am already a big fan of the guy. But now after meeting his family & how he is with them and they with him- there is something which makes me feel all the more warm & fuzzy about him. ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜†

2) Shivs Sharmana!😳 Like really dude! Hahahaha- looking at the way he sharmaofies in front of his family it would seem he is a 16 year old something jiski family has chosen a girl for him. Collector Saab, YOU fell in love with the girl- YOU CHOSE her! Don't be ALL Bhola Bhala about it! ðŸ˜† He really is the cutest. 

3) Shivs itrana! So generally just the way he tells his family Anandis name- with so much itrana & style. ðŸ˜† And then the way he gives a proud smug look when Daddu mentions to his Dad that Anandi is a sarpanch. ðŸ˜†

On whats next:
Anandi fell down? ðŸ˜† It was more of the 21 year old Pratyusha & less of the Teacherji Anandiji in that scene! She looked so darn cute! ðŸ˜† I wonder what the means though- is THAT how she will enter in front of her new sasra peeps? ðŸ˜†

The VRAT! She has still not broken it! Should we get our hopes up?! Will SHIV really do the honors?! HOW? In front of his Family? More importantly- Will Anandiji let him?! ðŸ˜†

Gosh- sorry for the length! & Three cheers to the people who manage to sit through it. ðŸ˜³

Edited by wuthering - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
chalo shiv ki family ki curosity to khatam hui kaafi samay se discussion ho rahi thi ki shiv kiska beta hai bade papa ka to nahi
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sia: I managed to read it ! Awesome analysis as always..

I loved Sudhir Pandey in SGP and here too I feel it is an extension of his character here minus ofcourse Dadi. But, DS is here to fill that one with all their cute nok-jhok. I am sure CVs will not let that one go !

I don't know about Dad. He kind of didn't say that he agreed to the marriage or not but just smiled. As of now he seemed nice.

Mom toh bohat hi cool hai ! The whole time I was adoring the necklace she was wearing !!! ðŸ˜†  She looked gorgeous and perfect as Shiv's mom.

I liked CM's apprehension too. It seemed very real and Shiv is probably her life and has most likely had a major hand in shiv's upbringing.

Oh..Shiv's expressions were awesome especially when his mom started firing Q's at him in yesterday's episode. And today toh, he looked really hot like he always does. I think the moon was waiting for Shiv to make his arrival in the haveli so that he can break her fast !!! DS is there to manage the situation if Anandi doesn't allow him to break the fast 'chori.. ab jald shaadi hone wali hai toh Shiv hi vrat kolega.. Kya burai hai issme ?' and Anandi obediently will nod her head !! 😆
Edited by dixie123 - 11 years ago
wuthering thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dixie123

Sia: I managed to read it ! Awesome analysis as always..

I loved Sudhir Pandey in SGP and here too I feel it is an extension of his character here minus ofcourse Dadi. But, DS is here to fill that one with all their cute nok-jhok. I am sure CVs will not let that one go !

I don't know about Dad. He kind of didn't say that he agreed to the marriage or not but just smiled. As of now he seemed nice.

Mom toh bohat hi cool hai ! The whole time I was adoring the necklace she was wearing !!! ðŸ˜†  She looked gorgeous and perfect as Shiv's mom.

I liked CM's apprehension too. It seemed very real and Shiv is probably her life and has most likely had a major hand in shiv's upbringing.

Oh..Shiv's expressions were awesome especially when his mom started firing Q's at him in yesterday's episode. And today toh, he looked really hot like he always does. I think the moon was waiting for Shiv to make his arrival in the haveli so that he can break her fast !!! DS is there to manage the situation if Anandi doesn't allow him to break the fast 'chori.. ab jald shaadi hone wali hai toh Shiv hi vrat kolega.. Kya burai hai issme ?' and Anandi obediently will nod her head !! 😆

Oi Dixie! You are a goldie! I think there was a time when both of us were on kinda the same number of posts! Tum kitni aage nikal gayi! ðŸ˜†

I never followed SGP but EVERYONE I know & their neighbors were a big fan of the show & Iv heard he was really cute in it! and of course- apni DS hai na! 

No no, Dad is of course ready! Look at the way he was eagerly videotaping the ceremony! and he has already met her - so thinks highly of her I bet!

Haina! One of the coolest mums on Indian telly yet!

Agreed about CM!

LOL at Shivs reactions on Mum questions! ðŸ˜†

You know, I have stopped commenting on how GOOD Shivs looks MOST of the times because I don't want to be all Captain Obvious about it. ðŸ˜† Sigh. ðŸ˜†
gomatidj thumbnail
great analysys :) very well written
dixie123 thumbnail

Yay !! I got the 'Goldie' tag all thanks to Shiv. I am on IF so much these days I can't believe I am addicted to it and with all the Casanova debates that Anjie and I have, I went ahead of you ! 😆 I was a newbie just 2 months back !! 😆 

Don't know what the precap means. Why does she have to enter the house with a mud pack ? Not sure if there was any past event that has some significance to it ?

I loved the way they showed that he missed his family's nok-jhok. Annadi is def getting a family who loves to talk and laugh all the time. 😊
Edited by dixie123 - 11 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Sia - bahoot likhti hai tu😛

I like both the casting and characterization of the Singh parivaar.  Its Xcellent.  All very capable actors am familiar with.

I continue to be struck by parallel between Gauri and Shiv more than Anandi and Gawari.  Shiv is doing everything by the book.  Telling his family full truth and introducing them properly to Anandi's family.  Obtaining blessing and approval of both sets.  Something Gawari attempted to do only after the fact.  For her it was afterthought...for Shiv its a conditional precedent.  I appreciate that he is nidarr for the right reasons not the wrong ones.  

I loved how he made faces everytime they made fun of Anandi's name.  He really does love everything about her including her name.  

Daadu - love his chemistry with Daadisa already... He was preening.  Casanova ka Daddu joh tehra.  He is the picture of humour and wisdom.  

Mom - is smart and sensible.  She was getting teary listening about Anandi's life.  Love how she cheddos her colonelsaab... hahaha yeh saas to apni bahu par gayyi hai.  I like her samajh and faith on Shiv.

Dad - he is fulto fun and obviously has full faith on Shiv just like his wife.  hahahhaha - he would have taken Shiv's advice before marrying if Shiv had been around.  Now that is FAITH.  Am looking forward to him reconnecting with his kichaad ki saheli.  The actor doesn't have the presence of Sudhirji, but he's got fantastic comic timing.  

Chhotimaa - she adores Shiv and her sole concern is for him.  Glad someone is practically watching out for Shiv's best interest.  Anandi is a FANTASTIC individual, but she does come with a LOT of PAST.  Anandi will win her in no time.  All the peeps complaining about her today - may want to reflect on whether they themselves had issues with Anandi's recent proposal of marriage to Shiv - that she didn't factor in Shiv's feelings.  CM is someone who factors in Shiv's feelings - the soft ones (love) and the hidden ones (hurt at one sided love)
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 11 years ago
wuthering thumbnail

Dixie...

LOL...You know I think I also need to teach myself to post more, small posts.Instead of just HUUUGE long ones. ðŸ˜† And Sachi Thanks to Shiv! I think I have never posted itna..and I have been on IF since the past 5 years! ðŸ˜†

Yeah, the precap has me scratching my head too! Dunno the significance! How How How will Shiv break her fast! ðŸ˜† And the mud!!!!Q Q Q?!!!😆

Oh yes! the other day Anandi told Shiv- aap bahut bolte hain! Imagine her surprise when she meets his FAMILY! ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† Wonder what she will say then! ðŸ˜†

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Dixie- so do i get some of ur golden glitter for making u go gold?
dixie123 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: wuthering

[

No no, Dad is of course ready! Look at the way he was eagerly videotaping the ceremony! and he has already met her - so thinks highly of her I bet!

I didn't mean Dad was not ready. I kind of have a preconceived notion of the actor since I have seen him in Laagi tujhse Lagan. He kind of didn't have much role to play there. I am thinking here also he might not have too much of a role to play.  That's what I meant. Everyone had a dialogue to tell about what they felt about Anandi but not Dad !!