IP REDUX ; Khichdi !! (Page 7)

coolgal270 IF-Rockerz
coolgal270
coolgal270

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunshine99

When the twain meet: Past and Present
Dadi to Arnav:
The past  will always  make it's presence felt...You cannot overlook it...But do not commit  the same error  that will mar your present ...

Arnav to Dadi:
The past cannot effect the present ...Does not deserve a worthy look now... It can never shape the present...

When  the past and present meet...fireworks light up  the horizon... because it is a spectacular event  where  the old order meets the new.. the past brings necessary learning for the present in its errors and hidden treasures ( truths) for the present to correct its course.. and  together they shape a better future . It is not about who is wrong and who is right.. both have erring and victories..

Arnav has a better understanding of the present .. Shyam and Khushi.. and was not unjustified in his actions in whom to trust and mistrust...He was a 14 yr old kid when the events of the past unfolded  on the fateful night who might  not be aware of the entire truth of the situation or have the maturity of an adult to view the incident critically...He has not solved the puzzle of the past as he proudly thinks...

Dadi was in the thick of  events as it played out in the past... she knew more about it then her young grandson then... her belief still holds true and may be justified with time...she has been away from her grandchildren for 14 yrs... they have grown up and are not the same as they were then...Arnav is living in the present  he has a better knowledge of the incidents at Shantivan... Dadi is adamant on her staunch belief that she understood the drama behind the four walls of sheesh mahal so she knows what has transpired in Shantivan...She needs to be made aware that Shantivan and Sheesh Mahal are not same..they are very different from each other...

As the manthan of their ideologies and  beliefs unfolds we will keep getting pearls of insights into the tragedy of the past to string it together and see how the knowledge of past and present the grandson and grandma share shapes up the future of Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon...

Koel, what a brilliant take of the epi..Clap
your views are always different and you think really hatle dear!
its a pleasure reading you all the time and I must say i am becoming fan of your writing style!!

loved the past meets the present context of this post!! truly refreshing and beautiful!!

love, sumi

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JRiasunshine99

JRia IF-Rockerz
JRia
JRia

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolgal270

Originally posted by JRia

Sumi Hug

Enjoyed reading u

Nani and Dadi areso obsessed with their Anjali bitiya that they have forgotten Arnav bitwa... He does not show his pain and so none realise it...
Anjali who realises it is busy meeting somone and is avoiding her chotte as she is a bad liarAngry

And Khushi is busy in her own thought process LOLLOLLOL

Thanks Ria! Hug
Thats why khushi is what she is, she is the only one who sees his pain, his torment. and she is the only one who will bring him out of his horrors!!

Glad that you enjoyed it!!

Love, Sumi.

Pleasure is all mine SumiHug
I was lucky to be able to read ur view of the episode
kushikumari Goldie
kushikumari
kushikumari

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

I though I always understood what made Arnav marry khushi in that manner, that haste. But I was wrong. Its today I have got it why he did that. 
That night when he witnessed shyaam proclaming his love for khushi, it was not just shyaam who was doing that. It was his Father doing that to the "other woman", it was his "father" who was cheating on his mother again. An action for which he has suffered a lot till now, an act which influenced his mother to leave her two kids for ever, an act which gave him the deepest of scars that are still raw, still hurting!

For a man who learns from his mistake at the first go, how could he have let shyaam do what his father did to his mother. For him it was all about saving anjali and thus saving himsef. Of course it mattered that it was khushi who was the "other woman" in this case, But at that moment I think it was about his parents again.

I agree with you on this. So well and clearly said! This also brings to my mind an earlier incident...
A few episodes back, Chotey tells Anjali that he didn't love Kushi when he married her or words to that effect. It drove the forum crazy! But, your thoughts here explain that too. At that time, he was only concerned  about saving his Di's happiness. And given what he had seen and heard, he himself felt betrayed. Add to that, the past bursting through, bringing memories of what happened to his mother... All this brings anger and instant hate, which overtakes any other feelings up until then towards Kushi/ Shyam. I guess when he looks back to that moment he remembers his feeling of anger and hate, which is what he told di...

Other things to ponder:

Dadi:

She is still buried in past, she blames Arnav for a decision that he took and she wants to make him understand that he is wrong both the times, then and now.
Why does it look suspicious? Is dadi sent here by shyaam? or by shyaam and anjali together?
Because when Arnav explains why he threw shyaam out, there is not one fleeting expression of shock, hurt or grief. The time she is really shocked is when he tells her he threw the man out. But nothing for the "reason". 
I did not get that. As a dadi, a woman why doesn't she the "paap" her damdji has done? why doesnt she feel sorry and sad and most of all angry at shyaam for daring to cheat on her gudiya?
Is this because she already has been brainwashed by shyaam? She is here to pave the way for his entry at RM?

Another thing that didn't sit well with me is her persistence in raking up the past at Arnav's face even though he is literally pleading with her to no do it.  As a Dadi, his tears should melt her, but she looks unmoved to me. All that was important at that time is to prove that Arnav is wrong and she is right. That his mother is a coward for ending her own life when her son did exactly the same.
I understood her reasoning of explaining to Arnav about how we cannot leave the past behind, it has to be with us. But what if it is the illusion of the past that she believes in, what if she is not ready to see the actual truth. How can a mirage help to heal the wounds? It will just cause more Confused.

I have been wondering why dadi has such a terrible attitude towards her grandson... i guess it's because he supported his mother and still continues to do, while blaming his dad for all the mess. And, as a mother, she definitely doesn't like anyone to be pointing a finger at her son! (It doesn't matter that her son is no more). A tad bit sensitive, are we? 

I guess, to the CVs Dadi's character makes perfect sense, but to me as a viewer, definitely not! She is not our regular granny... with love oozing from every pore towards the grand child. She gets her thrill from hurting them? (I find it weird to even say that). Never mind, she obviously doesn't and is more than happy to say the nastiest things... Ewww.  No, not sitting well with me either! Angry
I didn't get the part about how Arnav cannot let the past go? To me, the biggest lesson is to learn from the past and let it go. Not to cling on to it as that would prevent us from moving forward successfully. Anyway, also not getting Dadi's condescending attitude towards one and all, including her childhood friend. What's with that?!!!Angry

Sanaya Irani:
Your presence lights up the screen and brings a smile to my face everytime! You are a joy in whatever role you do. Loved you making jalebis again and that "moment" with Arnav. Poor you, he is really scaring khushi. 
ClapClapClap

Barun Sobti: 
Man, Oh man...you will kill me with your acting prowess! 
The happiness at khushi;s discomfort, the anger at dadi;s persistence, the extreme fury and the effort to control it..Wao! Everything just wao!!
What to say more! I am speechless whenever you are on screen!!
ClapClapClapClapClap

Love, sumi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

coolgal270

sunshine99 IF-Rockerz
sunshine99
sunshine99

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:22pm | IP Logged

When the twain meet: Past and Present
Dadi to Arnav:
The past  will always  make it's presence felt...You cannot overlook it...But do not commit  the same error  that will mar your present ...

Arnav to Dadi:
The past cannot effect the present ...Does not deserve a worthy look now... It can never shape the present...

When  the past and present meet...fireworks light up  the horizon... because it is a spectacular event  where  the old order meets the new.. the past brings necessary learning for the present in its errors and hidden treasures ( truths) for the present to correct its course.. and  together they shape a better future . It is not about who is wrong and who is right.. both have erring and victories..

Arnav has a better understanding of the present .. Shyam and Khushi.. and was not unjustified in his actions in whom to trust and mistrust...He was a 14 yr old kid when the events of the past unfolded  on the fateful night who might  not be aware of the entire truth of the situation or have the maturity of an adult to view the incident critically...He has not solved the puzzle of the past as he proudly thinks...

Dadi was in the thick of  events as it played out in the past... she knew more about it than her young grandson then... her belief still holds true and may be justified with time...she has been away from her grandchildren for 14 yrs... they have grown up and are not the same as they were then...Arnav is living in the present  he has a better knowledge of the incidents at Shantivan... Dadi is adamant on her staunch belief that she understood the drama behind the four walls of sheesh mahal so she knows what has transpired in Shantivan...She needs to be made aware that Shantivan and Sheesh Mahal are not same..they are very different from each other...

As the manthan of their ideologies and  beliefs unfolds we will keep getting pearls of insights into the tragedy of the past to string it together and see how the knowledge of past and present the grandson and grandma share shapes up the future of Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon...

Koel, what a brilliant take of the epi..Clap
your views are always different and you think really hatle dear!
its a pleasure reading you all the time and I must say i am becoming fan of your writing style!!

loved the past meets the present context of this post!! truly refreshing and beautiful!!

love, sumi
thank u Sumi...Embarrassed and guilty as charged on going on the offbeat track...I blame Dadi for  pushing me on to that path...LOL

Edited by sunshine99 - 10 August 2012 at 2:37pm

JRiaJhalak29

joyvg Goldie
joyvg
joyvg

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Hi Girlies...Big smile How did you all like the epi today ...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshine99Jhalak29RJXX

sunshine99 IF-Rockerz
sunshine99
sunshine99

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joyvg

Hello JoyHug.. I  am loving dadi with every passing day... Arnav and Dadi's fiesty  bouts are too good... I loved them more than Arhi's symbolic wedding completionStern Smile ..

joyvgJhalak29

joyvg Goldie
joyvg
joyvg

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by joyvg

Hello JoyHug.. I  am loving dadi with every passing day... Arnav and Dadi's fiesty  bouts are too good... I loved them more than Arhi's symbolic wedding completionStern Smile ..

hello hi hi Koel HugHug
I am saving your post treat for  this weekend ,Me tooo...what a face off !!!so much of sparks between them...and finally we got to know Dad malik sucide kiyaDead  lot more to come.
big question ...so they are going to do round round alone chup chup ke as dood indicated?Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshine99Jhalak29RJXX

sunshine99 IF-Rockerz
sunshine99
sunshine99

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Clap
Originally posted by chitmanas

Today's story

A very flustered, confused and scared Khushi is just not paying attention to her surroundings.  She pours water into the Dadi's glass instead of nani's, wears her kurta the opposite way and makes jalebi's when nani asks her to prepare kheer. Her naughty husband continues to tease her asking if something is wrong and then reminds her about their SUHAG RAAT when they are alone. He's enjoying her discomfort very much.

Anjali is ready to leave for the temple and refuses the company of both Aranv and mami; she has a  secret rendezvous with SOMEONE and is definitely not at the temple.  Mami tries to contact her and on finding from the driver that he's' still waiting at the temple and no sign of Anjali, decides to tell Arnav.

Meanwhile, Dadi is grilling Nani about the whereabouts of damaad ji and why he hasn't come to see her.  Even though Nani tries to pacify her, dadi does not want any more excuses.  Arnav hears dadi's loud voice, comes down and tells the truth about kicking out Shyam because he gave Anjali a lot of grief and cheated on her.  He has no intentions of bringing back Shyam, ever. 

Dadi asks how Arnav was trying to protect his sister by sending away her husband; didn't he realize Anjali's kid will need the father and does he want the kid to grow up without the protection of the father just as he did? An angry Arnav tells her that he grew up without his father because he committed suicide and his mother was forced to commit suicide too. This, he will not let it happen to his sister.

Dadi hits a raw nerve by telling Arnav that his mother was a weak woman who didn't know how to take care of her family. She says he's still making the same mistake as in the past and supporting the wrong party. Arnav asks her not to bring up the past, the past that shattered the whole family.  How hard he's tried to build back his life and to forget the past.  Why is dadi bringing back old memories, doesn't she want them to forget the past? Dadi tells him we cannot run away from the past, but we can however fix the present, isn't it? By not bringing Shyam, the future of this house will definitely be affected.  Arnav disagrees and feels that his decision is correct, both in the past and now; in the past it was dad's mistake and today it's Shyam's.

Nani comes and uses the ace card 'Anjali' to stop the confrontation and argument.  She reasons with them that Anjali is happy because of the puja, so let's all stop for now.  Dadi and Nani walk away one after another and Anrav is left all alone once again.

Lone Soldier

Arnav has always been the lone soldier, the one who was forced to grow up fast after his parent's died, take care of Anjali, pick up the shattered pieces of their lives, build a new life that they can call their own, run a business, ensure the safety and happiness of his family members etc.  In all this he's had family support, but still he's all alone.

Isn't it true that we all have to fight our own demons? Help may come in the form of Khushi or someone else, but the fighting is ours and ours alone.  Arnav is once again a lone soldier who's been fighting his past; he got a brief respite in all these years when he opened up to Khushi, but there's still a long way to go.  So, what battles is he fighting now?  His father cheated on his mother by having an affair just the way Shyam tried to do with Anjali and both his parents committed suicide and here we have Dadi who's bent of bringing up the past again and again, the same past he's trying to forget and move on.

Sometimes your worst nightmares come true, and in Anjali's case, it has come true in the form of husband being blamed, sepeartion and loneliness.  Arnav who's chosen himself to fight her battles has jumped into the war field once again. Remember, Arnav married Khushi because of Anjail; Arnav threw Shyam out because of Anjali; today, Arnav's and Dadi's confrontation is once again because of Anjali.  Wondering why Anjali is not fighting her own battles? It'll happen only when the family stops mollycoddling her and gives her a chance to fight on her own.  I've said this before that she has to remove the blindfold that she's wearing and see Shyam for what he is.  

Living in the past

Funny story: A guru and his young disciple were trying to cross a river.  A young and beautiful woman joins them.  She's scared of water and asks for help in crossing.  The young disciple thinks to himself that touching a woman is a sin and god knows what'll happen, so he refuses.  The guru without any hesitation picks up the young girl in his arms and starts walking.  Once they reach the other side, he sets her on the shore.  The young woman thanks him and leaves.  The guru and disciple continue on their way, but guruji realizes something is bothering his disciple and asks him about it.  The disciple then asks him how could he just pick up this young woman, she's of opposite sex, didn't he have any feelings, aren't they supposed to practice celibacy etc. etc.  The guruji smiles and tells him, he was just doing his duty to a fellow being and forgot about the young woman completely the moment he left her on the shore and his responsibility was done. But, the disciple is still hanging on to her from the time he met her on the other side of the water front and is still unable to forget her.  So, who's hanging on the past here? Shouldn't we learn to move on? 

Note: Though a funny little story, it had a lot of meaning for me.  So, I thought to include it here.

Let me ask a question.  Who's not living in the past in the Raizada pariwar?  Every single one of them is bearing the burden of the past, all except Akash.

Dadi ji, has been living in an ashram for about 14-15 years and we assume she's learnt to deal with her past by now.  But, has she? Like the young disciple in the story, she's decided not to take up the responsibility, left her grandkids with nani and hasn't been in touch with them.  Not only that, she's hanging on to the past without letting it go.  Does she realize that her family is already burdened with too many things and they do not need the 'WOH HAADSA' and 'WOH AURAT' brought into the picture?

Instrument of Change

Having said what I did above, I'll give a slight different perspective about dadi.  To perform a surgery, you need an instrument.  In our case, the patient is Arnav Singh Raizada whose wounds have to be exposed first, the stuff gone bad has to be removed and then the wound has to heal.  How to expose the wound?  Just cut it open.  The instrument in his case (yup, you guessed it) is none other than Dadi ji, she has no choice except to bring up the past which caused a deep wound in Arnav.  Can one blame the instrument for doing its job?  I'll leave you to your own decision.

Right and Wrong

After watching today's confrontation between Arnav and Dadi, I was thinking about whos' right and who's wrong.  Arnav does not want his sister to be hurt again, he knows the truth about shyam and has made it clear that he will not bring back Shyam.  His past is definitely affecting his decision here, so, he's right from his side.  On the other hand Dadi feels that Arnav is siding with the wrong party (how does she know this?) and in her POV, Arnav's decision now is bound to affect the future i.e. future of the baby to be born. We never know how the baby will react once grown up and he/she finds out what Arnav did to his father.  A very valid point from Dadi's side.  BTW is Dadi evil? NO.  Does she hate her grandkids? NO.  Does she want the best for them? Yes.  Considering all these, can we tell who's right and who's wrong? Once again, I leave the decision to you.

To ponder:

1)     Will Dadi support Shyam if and when she comes to know the truth? 

2)    Does Anjali know what trouble she getting the family into by trying to meet with Shyam and hiding things?

Bahut Mazaa Aaya:

I think the whole episode was about confrontation, a FACE OFF, between grandmother and grandson.  Swati Chitnis and Barun Sobti were fantasticClapClapClap.  But, had a small problem with Barun's tone of voice; volume was not high enough in some places and I missed out on very important dialogs.

Jayashree T. - It's always a pleasure to see you.ClapClap

Bahut Mazaa Aya.. reading you.. Simply awesome...ClapClapClap The lone soilder.. and the right and wrong aspect wow... fantastic...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

joyvg

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index