Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

Some clarifications required! (Page 3)

Morgoth IF-Veteran Member
Morgoth
Morgoth

--

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 6:26am | IP Logged

A bit of excitement is cool...even we enjoy the witty discussions b/w Armaan and Purab fans. 

However, a full fledged war including personal attacks which gives headaches to majority of the members is not funny or exciting.

But, anyway, I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much we try to ensure fairness on the forum (like giving warnings to everyone involved in an argument), some people will always be dissatisfied. There is nothing new in this.

tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Are we fighting a war here?? The PURAB land against the ARMAAN land?? Reading some of your posts - its sure sounds like it LOL. Purab and Armaan are just fictional characters, and it surprises me that some can feel so passionate about defending them, at the cost of hurting some REAL people's feeling. I wasn't aware that it was such a "worthy" cause. Confused
lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 11:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sandya_rao7

shreya am new here so have not read many msgs but ya i do think jammy does get nasty sometime but i think its ok its all part of it just cool down enjoy and as gandhiji said agar koi ek gaal par chata maare to dusra aage kar do so just ignore it and what if one person said something v r all with u i am indeed whole heartedly

Hi Sandhya,

Now this is totally uncalled for. I wish you had taken the time to go through the threads in this forum before saying something like that.

First of all I think this was a question for the moderators and please let us handle it.

Secondly, I do not agree that Jammy is nasty, except for the one occasion for which he has already been reprimanded.  If you have seen any other nasty comments be it from Jammy or anyone else please PM the thread to one of the moderators and we will deal with it. So, please let's not point fingers or name names.

Again as we have always maintained, we shall not tolerate personal attacks towards anybody in this forum. The question of being Armaan fan or Purab fan does not come into picture at all.  We want to give every member the freedom to post what they want without the fear of being closely watched. All kinds of discussions are welcome as long as they are restricted to the characters of serial. I have seen some really healthy discussions lately involving both Purab and Armaan fans and lets keep them just that - discussions. We are not trying to drive anyone away but then we do want every member to realise that there are some very very simple rules to follow on this forum. Again I encourage all of you to use the PM for such issues.

Appreciate your co-operation in this regards.

RockChicGirl IF-Stunnerz
RockChicGirl
RockChicGirl

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meenakshii

shreya, just saw this message of yours at the JP group. cld u plz walk the talk and stop causing trouble here first...

yr message at JP:

Date:  Sat Oct 30, 2004  12:01 pm
Subject:  Imp note to the moderators!

I have made the membership to this group as 'restricted' ie any new member will need approval from moderators b4 they can join. this is to help keep out unwanted members who just come here to create
trouble. There is no effort required for this on our part. we just have to check the pending members link.

excuse me! may I know what's the meaning of this?
RockChicGirl IF-Stunnerz
RockChicGirl
RockChicGirl

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tisha_bhatia

Are we fighting a war here?? The PURAB land against the ARMAAN land?? Reading some of your posts - its sure sounds like it LOL. Purab and Armaan are just fictional characters, and it surprises me that some can feel so passionate about defending them, at the cost of hurting some REAL people's feeling. I wasn't aware that it was such a "worthy" cause. Confused

good one! Wink
RockChicGirl IF-Stunnerz
RockChicGirl
RockChicGirl

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by kshreya2002

1. Is it ok for one 'coolbie' to call a 'newbie' a despo cuz she posted 4 messages? Instead of taking part in the discussion started this person started personal attacks. Why was he not reined in? Becuz he is an older member? Or becuz he posts 'funny' updates? Or becuz he is a fan for Purab Mehra(most mods I have seen till now are his fans too). Mind u it wasnt me who first started personally attacking people. So why wasnt this person warned against? Strangely even now this person has got a 'promotion' while I get a warning and a ban threat. So fair!

As Mystica said we do not support name calling or any personal attack of any kind. As of posting more messages is no offence just make sure you do not post the same thing on 2 different threads as one might be deleted by the moderator to keep each thread unique.

Well Jammy has been made Coolbie for his involvement with the forum and regularity of the Updates he provides and he have already been served a warning for the post he made against you. Please take it as 2 different events.

India-Forums might have got good amount of people Purab but do not forget we also got some heavyweight Armaan fans too like Minnie, Hydroxide, Jodi, Heyeon and me too LOL so you be rest assured that till we are in some healthy discussion and give good reasoning for what ever we say on the forum it would be welcomed by all.

Originally posted by kshreya2002

2. But when I make a comment on someone why am I instantly attacked as trying to spoil the 'peace' of this place? Is 'peace' in india-forums site equivalent to one-sided discussions? Are the older lot here so intolerant of new views that new views are equated w/ war mongering.

As Mystica said:

Shreya, Please calm down and continue with the discussions. All views are welcome as long as they are not personal attacks towards other members or are graphic in nature. 

So lets start afresh ... and enjoy!

Cheers,
Vijay

Thanks for replying! Regarding posting 2 messages I think its best to have one board for JJKN like the rest of the serials. that will ensure that everyone do read all the threads. some may not come this thread as it seems to contain only the updates. its a suggestion though.

Regading the despo comment..I saw the comment long b4 i reacted. infact someone (u can check that thread) even applauded jammy for it. The mods were silent. I can accept that it may have been over-looked. But thats difficult to believe cuz there was an instant reaction from a mod on my 'cad' comment. I kept quiet to see if the person is reprimanded. but he wasnt until some member pointed it out. I hope next time on mods dont appear biased when they reprimand someone.

Abt Jammy being made 'coolbie'. I read the rules when I joined the forum and I have no problems w/ that. what pissed me off is that no warning were given to him. If it was given in private messages I obviously cant see them. So perhaps next time u cud use the private message for everyone?

Coming to discussions..I hope members take them in a positive light. But I guess many wont. Hence they think JP members are responsible for 'destroying peace'. I guess as a mod u cannot do anything abt it.

Btw someone copied my message from jassi_pretty and posted it in this thread. that was totally unneccessary and I dont want to react to it. I hope it is deleted asap.
RockChicGirl IF-Stunnerz
RockChicGirl
RockChicGirl

Posted: 31 October 2004 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meenakshii

Originally posted by tisha_bhatia

One question...
If people think the moderators and the memebers on this forum are so biased and and unjust - why do they keep posting here? Personally, if I felt that way on some forum...I would quietly walk away instead throwing allegations at the members and the moderators. Why spoil their fun when I can have more fun at another forum??? Sorry guys - I just don't get it!

completely agree with tisha....if certain people feel that this forum is biased and unjust and refuse to budge from this stand no matter how wrong they may be, why come back to this forum again and again and just keep hurling insults at people and generally spread negativity around.....plz visit only the forums u enjoy being at and let others enjoy too

For me I love JJKN. I enjoy coming to any forum which discusses it including this one and setindia.

Go to top