Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director' Cut : 10th August, 2012 (Page 4)

paayaal Goldie
paayaal
paayaal

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bidz

Just like Monday, today's episode was high in drama content, necessary for the story to move forward. It is interesting to note that dadi holds the other woman and Arnav's mom responsible for the incident that occurred so many years ago. Her son is merely considered a victim in that whole fiasco?? For the first time, we see someone daring to speak against Arnav's mom in front of him. Arnav's interaction with dadi today gave me a strong insight into why Arnav feels so responsible towards his di. Why her happiness is of utmost importance to him? Deep inside, Arnav feels profound guilt that he couldn't save his mom that night. He was only a kid then, but he still feels that somehow he could have averted the tragedy that night. In all likelihood the entire situation was beyond his control. But when has that stopped a man from feeling unreasonable guilt? The only person left behind from that night's tragedy is his di, who is probably as brittle and delicate like his mom. Since he failed his mom that night, under no circumstances will he ever fail his di whatsoever. Hence, this utmost sense of responsibility towards her that puts her at the highest pedestal in his life. He is trying to reduce his guilt by over-compensating for his di somewhere. Only if/when this guilt is obliterated completely will he have a "normal" relationship with his di.

Dadi, very confidently stated that he trusted the wrong person then and he has trusted the wrong person (read Khushi instead of Shyam) this time too. This statement really intrigued me. Why does dadi think Shyam is not at fault? Is it because she knows something that we aren't aware of, or is it simply because she always puts the blame on the woman instead of the man? Is she aware of something that Arnav is not aware of that makes her feel that his dad is not at fault? Also, why is she accusing him of making a wrong decision so many years ago? How is Arnav responsible for taking decisions so many years ago? He was just a kid then, wasn't he? Too many questions to which we don't have answers for. Dadi did prophesize one thing correctly though. By throwing Shyam out the way he did, the future is going to be turbulent. We are already seeing that with Anjali acting all weird and secretive. No one will come out of it unscathed, however, one would hope that the entire family will be able to face this storm together and finally bury this past and the dreadful past of many years ago finally to rest. 

Finally coming to Arnav's Khushi. We have seen so many facets to their relationship so far. So far we have seen passion, love, respect, protectiveness, possessiveness and togetherness. Now we are experiencing tenderness in their relationship. it is endearing to see how delicately he treats her. He is almost treating her like a child. Did you notice the tone he spoke to her in? It is as if he is talking to someone much younger than him, at the same time making her aware of him physically. He is enthralled at her childlike innocence and inexperience and is deriving a high seeing her all flustered and disturbed at his physical proximity. He is getting her ready for the next level of intimacy in their relationship and I am enjoying his not so subtle style of making her aware of him:-) 

Finally, couple of lines on the controversial "di is most important" statement. Please don't read "di is most important" to mean "Khushi is second fiddle". If you think that way, then you have not understood the essence of Arnav-Khushi relationship. Hopefully, what I wrote about Arnav-Anjali right in the beginning will shed some light into why Arnav feels for his di the way he does. He cannot even breathe without his Khushi. With Khushi, do not forget that for the first time, he unburdened himself on her. He derives strength from her. He feels light with her. He feels "himself" with her. It was heart breaking to hear him say to his dadi that from a very young age he has learnt how to keep his family happy. Note, he never mentioned his own happiness. For him, it has always been about responsibilities towards his family. His love and responsibility towards his di being the utmost priority. With Khushi, for the first time he has dared to dream. For the first time, he has felt some happiness. For the first time, he has been able to shed some of his responsibilities. There will be many more firsts with her. With his di, there is always tenderness and protectiveness, as it should be. With Khushi, it is that and much much more. How can then one compare the two relationships? 

Bidz...Clap

Very well said...u've just nailed the Arnav Anjali relationship perfectly with one word..over compensation...his guilt at not being able to save his mom, guilt for not being able to save his Di from someone like Shaym...so like Khushi naa...considers everything as his fault & then goes about correcting his mistakes ASR style, like she does in her own unique Khushi style!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

habiba2073bidzaditi07samanthanaredwine1anjaani07..ObliViate..

mahamluvsbs IF-Sizzlerz
mahamluvsbs
mahamluvsbs

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
UPDATED PAGE 2

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

redwine1

mahamluvsbs IF-Sizzlerz
mahamluvsbs
mahamluvsbs

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kushikumariaditi07

mahamluvsbs IF-Sizzlerz
mahamluvsbs
mahamluvsbs

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
This is an excerpt from Aamir Khan's interview to Tehelka Magazine..

There were some reports that the show did not get the TRP rating Star was expecting. Is that true?
If it were true, why would Star want a second season? But either way, I don't think that's important. I don't give any value to TRP ratings because my common sense tells me that seven thousand boxes across India is not going to tell me what India watches. I don't know how people take this stuff seriously. It's really daft. In all of Bihar, there are only three boxes. It's a joke, that's why I haven't bothered to react to these media reports. My assessment of the show comes from other sources

Only 3 boxes in bihar.. this is just an example, what if all  3 households which have these boxes don't watch a particular show... it means all of Bihar doesn't watch that show.. This is plain riduculous..
I think  IPKKND is far more popular than this stupid TRP's tell us...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

habiba2073bidzaditi07..mrinalini..

aditi07 IF-Dazzler
aditi07
aditi07

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Updated on Page 2
Happy ReadingSmile

paayaal

Jammy- IF-Dazzler
Jammy-
Jammy-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Its saturday tomorrow- with no ipkknd atleast I'll have DC! read some, gonna read others later!

See you guys soon!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

paayaaladiti07redwine1..ObliViate..

aditi07 IF-Dazzler
aditi07
aditi07

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahamluvsght

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuwjKbwFHR8&feature=youtu.beMUST MUST MUST WATCH

Awesome VM...loved the scenes...amzing!! Truly.. a Must watch video!

vkp1989 IF-Rockerz
vkp1989
vkp1989

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Lovely analysis.

redwine1

Go to top