Posted: 11 August 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dramacrazy12
My heart went out to Arnav today. He can't seem to catch a break in his tragedy riddled life. I kept wondering how he remains sane, how much effort it must cost him to not crumble under such immense pressure and expectations. His lonliness is heart rending. I just hope that Khushi is not involved in a bad way in the past tragedy, it will probably kill him when coupled with Anjali's betrayal( if there there is one).
Something occurred to me today- Arnav has been completely selfless in bearing the responsibility of wellbeing of his family. Yet they do not hesitate in accusing him everytime something goes wrong. He seems to always fall short of thier expectations even after giving all of himself. On the other hand, he has wronged Khushi terribly but she has yet to raise an explicit finger on him, she has yet to accuse him of any wrongdoing. She seems to have forgiven his beastly behaviour and instead taken entire blame on herself. It is perhaps that level of loyalty and innocence that touches Arnav's jaded heart.
The consistency in the episodes continue in terms of content mix much to my immense pleasure- there was romance, there was comedy, there was sexual tension, there was drama, there was intrigue so overall I was satisfied. I particularly enjoyed flirty Arnav- he is bold and almost shameless and yet there is an odd sweetness about him.
The episode answered some questions but opened a set of completely new ones
1) Why the family coddles Anjali so much?
My guess is that they see a lot of Arnav's mother in Anjali. Perhaps Arnav's mother was just as sweet and simple like Anjali and had a hard time dealing with her husband's action. The reason why they keep trying to shield her from truth is because they are concerned that she might do something crazy . The fact that she tried to abort her pregnancy does not help her case either. She is an emotional wreak standing on the edge of a cliff, it will not take much to push her into a downward spiral. Wonder if Shyam ever realized that- He did not need to make attempts on her life, all he had to do was to chip away at her confidence and pride and she would have done the deed herself. Or maybe he knew that she is stronger than she looks after all she did manage to survive the tragedy and mother her brother.
2) What happenned to Malik Sr?
Apparently he was somehow responsible for the suicide of Arnav's mother and then committed the suicide himself. I am still confused who died first and who died next. I believe that would be the key here.
3) Arnav's strong reaction to death, infidelity and his parents
4) His odd respectful but wary relationship with Dadi
New set of questions to ponder-
1) Nani and Dadi were friends but is Nani aware of Dadi's resentment against her dead daughter?
2) What decision did Arnav take 14 years ago that Dadi believe was wrong? He would have been only 14, hardly in position to make life altering decisions.
3) What is dadi about? I had a wait and watch attitude to wards this character however her hypocrisy became evident the minute she maligned Arnav's mother. Does she truly love her grandkids and have thier well being in her heart or is there a completely ulterior motive for her to resurface. It is obvious that she resented Arnav's mom and probably gave her a tough time but does she see more of Arnav's mother in her grandkids than her son. She managed to end in an Ashram for 14 years with no sense of responsibility towards her grand kids - did she had a sense of misplaced resentment towards them too? I am not entirely convinced that she is a cranky old lady living in 1960s. For some odd reason Dadi believed that she could waltz in in RM after 14 years and take control of the entire household. She has an oddly superior attitude and takes Devyani to task for her upbringing. She seems to be surprised at Arnav's backbone despite being aware of his success as evident in RM. She throws a fit at Arnav not asking permission to his own marraige and proceeds to insult Khushi at every turn. She has not asked a single question most grandparents would ask thier grandkids in similar situation. How did Arnav manage to build his empire? Why does Anjali stay here? Was Anjali happy in her marraige? Did they ever return to sheeshmahal? Instead she seems to be deadbent in bringing the past into the present. Something does not add up though I can't put my finger on it. Maybe future episode will explain it
4)What is in that suitcase that Arnav received in courier?
5) Arnav's good day has not has a very auspicious start. Will the day continue to go downhill? Will Arnav make good on his deal and at the very least give Khushi her much desired pheres? Will he initiate the conversation to share his pain with Khushi this time or will be clam up as in past?
You my friend, have an incredibly analytical mind... awesome questions most of which we are all scratching our heads over.
Totally agree with you. Read my post on Page 1. Dadi did not just come here - she was brought here with a purpose. And Khushi is on top of her hit list - her unjustified anger and disdain towards Khushi is visible proof of that. Her waltzing into RM after 14 years and treating it and the people in there like her own fiefdom was the first thing that irked me about her. The way she sends people into a tizzy running around doing her bidding reminds me of Anjali - except Anjali is much less overt in her methods - she is much more insidious. Arnav's responses to her attacks today - seemed to me like he was holding back only because his upbringing prevented him from doing anything physical or even being disrespectful. I love that he maintains his upbringing no matter how pushed he was getting! He has three weaknesses - his mother, Anjali and Khushi. Dadi has tried attacking Khushi - he has stepped on her. She has tried attacking his mom. He has deflected that too. Now all is left is Anjali. If Dadi was brought here because of Anjali... wonder how that will play out.