India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Orphans and Suicide... (Page 8)

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
well i'm half asleep anbd think I have managed to read and understand the posts and the general topic on discussion.  firstly sex. i remember this show called bairi piya on colours. the lead actor basically slept with little girls/teen girls as a form  of compensation if the poor village people couldnt pay off their debts.  he would  just take there daughters for a night.  somehow he becomes obsessed with one poor village girl who, for whatever reason, wont have sex with him.  so basically the whole show was about this mans obsession with her and his bid to have her.  cat and mouse cat and mouse. 
Now, the striking thing about all this was the number of female fans that hero worshipped this dude.  he poured hot candle wax on to her, but who cares...he was passionate about the girl.  female fans hammered on about how she the girl should just give in to him,,, who wouldnt accept the sexual advances of a man like the thakur. a man as hot as the thakur.  the fact that he screwed little girls while being married was irrelevant.  My point...this tripe sold and raked in trps because women of all ages lapped up this fantasy and the cvs milked it.   i dont know, does this reflect our personal values too? if women didnt lap up and lust after this idealised passionate violent wealthy thakur,,,would it still be shown  on tv ... propogated and instilled into the minds of the next generation. these audiences actually buy into a sexual fantasy do they not...or am i being judgemental?
back to ipkknd,,, asr and khushi have no substansial relationship.  an illusion  of passion and love is created through tripping in to arms and beds, eye locks, subtle innuendos.  but all these innuendos are more to do with sex then pure love.  the cvs up to yet have failed to build something more convincing and by the looks of things...this might not get much better. 
im currently rewatching old episodes of my fave drama.  ironically i find this to be one of the best love stories ive ever seen but it involves very little tripping and falling into arms or other sexual hints..its more to do with 'care.'  if a story can SHOW the love  without referring back to sex,,,it is truly successful.  unfortunately we dont get this often.

the other key topic apperears to be suicide,,,but i cant think anymore...too tired!

Edited by Hessa85 - 10 August 2012 at 5:37pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123HeadOverHeelsTeleFannonasi.Euphoria.meera30CDloveFairyLiquidSoap

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
actually on second thoughts when did khushi try and kill herself???Confused
IFID Senior Member
IFID
IFID

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
I think none of our series have anything for or about children that dealt with the topic with some sensitivity or research.

Honestly I just don't even bother thinking that hard about TV series..t's purely business (as perhaps it should be on many levels)...that kind of research can't be expected for a daily series though I accept that it would be better if they completely stayed off zone on some topics such as rape etc. Changing society isn't as simple as showing a protagonist on a daily soap go through similar situations. We unfortunately are not such an easy people...we are a mentally sick, wretched (if I may add) society at best...especially when it comes to treating the women. 

This change has to come from us...individuals and parents raising that next generation of children... simple things your kid throws trash on the street give them a whack..take it to the trash can. Schools... where teachers treat girls and boys equally in every sense. 

The only thing a soap could show perhaps is to have stronger female protagonists that reflect the audience for the most part in setting. Please show girls who decide for themselves, respect and help themselves not just everyone around them. 

And...since I read a blog about fashion...please have a show where the female protagonist is "good" "righteous" and wears a pair of "jeans"...get it that it's a desi show audience and all but I promise I have seen enough 'good' girls who wear jeans, go to mandir in jeans...respect their parents and yours.  

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUsHeadOverHeelsinspiringstarsnonasimeera30FairyLiquidSoap

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hessa85

When they were in GH...when she thought she was in the way of La and ASR uniting?!!
she bequeethed her stars to him...

it all culminated in a Rabba Ve moment after which he spilled the beans on him knowing about SHyam and her...and then left her there...not believing her

and then the famous bridge moment...

ring a bell yet

BTW.

I am intrigued by Takur and Colors... so is it just SP that there is no sex no passion yet innuendo...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FairyLiquidSoap

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Originally posted by Hessa85

When they were in GH...when she thought she was in the way of La and ASR uniting?!!
she bequeethed her stars to him...

it all culminated in a Rabba Ve moment after which he spilled the beans on him knowing about SHyam and her...and then left her there...not believing her

and then the famous bridge moment...

ring a bell yet

BTW.

I am intrigued by Takur and Colors... so is it just SP that there is no sex no passion yet innuendo...

ohhh yesss i remember now,, shows how memorable IPKKND is LOL  
oh yes star plus is very clean in comparison to colours.  much more visual and horrifying, didnt they recently attempt to rehatch the phulwa story? the problem is they pick the most sensitive topics with real potential... like child explotation, exploitation of people facing poverty and debt...and turn  it into  astory about a sexual chase DeadDead

saying that...i cant criticize too much ,, coz my fave show i mentioned is laagi tujhse lagan and that was on colours

Edited by Hessa85 - 10 August 2012 at 5:11pm

CravingKhana

winiwonka Senior Member
winiwonka
winiwonka

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Why comment on CVs. Yes, we are preoccupied with sex. Before you move onto bash me, let me give you an example..

There are LOTS of brilliant OS,SS and FF which dont include sex.. Check out their numbers of views or comments.. And check the one's which have words or figures like MATURE, HOT, 18+, 16+ .. Even 13+.. They're like thrice the previous numbers. Thats how it works. I dunno why but thats the way it is. Sex and anything voyeuristic SELLS. 

I realised it after I started writing stories in this forum. 

CravingKhana

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by winiwonka

Why comment on CVs. Yes, we are preoccupied with sex. Before you move onto bash me, let me give you an example..

There are LOTS of brilliant OS,SS and FF which dont include sex.. Check out their numbers of views or comments.. And check the one's which have words or figures like MATURE, HOT, 18+, 16+ .. Even 13+.. They're like thrice the previous numbers. Thats how it works. I dunno why but thats the way it is. Sex and anything voyeuristic SELLS. 

I realised it after I started writing stories in this forum. 

Smile I had to smile at the name...Your quite right Sex seems to sell...and seeing that the forum is over crowded with teens ...yes it is well within thier growing rights to be preoccupied with sex of any sort at this age...and then this is compounded by society tht makes it all taboo...so the whole sensationalism makes it more pleasurable...reading all this raunch under wraps...

CV's want to tap into that ...may not have the liberties the writers have...but it sells and the pander...i have no qualms...it is then the need to delve into lives tragedies in those apethetic way...to sell sex ...that conjure my questions...

btw ...there is no need for me to bash you and very difficult to do it long distant too...there is no need to be apologetic of ones views either...if one believes in them...

winiwonka

Drwho IF-Dazzler
Drwho
Drwho

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Originally posted by Drwho

Originally posted by inspiringstars

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Originally posted by Drwho

Imagine if Ben Kingsley refused to wear a dhoti for acting in Gandhi, saying it would be bad for his 'image'!

I am entirely justified in my dislike of a certain person!

True words my dear friend. Which is why i refuse to acknowledge Daljeet even as an actor.

I do not get it , what is so bad in sporting a baby bump? I agree with both of you here, I mean dont be an actor if you cant get in the shoes of different characters.

While I agree here, I also know for a fact that people in the industry are so stupid...to typecast a particular actress for a particular role. This has happened before and continues to be happening where if an actress has done a particular kind of role once, she gets an image of being like that 
for ex "item girls" of bollywood, they are just sex dolls who dance for people and are never actually appreciated for their acting. Helen, she was a beautiful dancer and very good actor, but none of us know her as an actor, but just as a dancer. I know things are improving, and the typecasting has reduced to a certain extent, but that is a main reason why actors would be scared to go out of their comfort zone for a particular role.

I would have more respect for an actress, if she highlighted this matter, rather than avoid and ignore it. 

May be Helen was happy doing dancing roles, (she was certainly par excellence in her time), and did not particularly want to do 'acting' roles! There is something called professional hazard and you have to live with it! I am not justifying exploitation of females in the film and TV industry, that must opposed at all costs. Although I have no great insight or inside knowledge of the film and TV industry, I would think it is much safer now for girls compared to 30 years ago.

What I mean is if people decide to stay in their comfort zone, then they should be prepared to accept comfortable returns! No pain, no gain! You have to take risks to achieve something over and beyond the expected! 

Anyway, I am digressing from Tangam's topic, so will keep quiet about this!

Digress away Manju...this is a post meant to raise questions and discussions ...while I would agree with you that if it were true that it was Daljeeth who did not want to sport the tummy ...then taking her seriouly as an artiste is hard pushed...however this industry is highly competetive and sustaining oneself is not base on talent entierly if at all...

Typecasting and  used by dates for actresses are a given...
The item girl however seems like Katrina...and the crew have done a good job of breaking that trend...

coming back to the Daljeeth issue my only grouch is that it is hear say...the random articles are very questionalble and he said she said...
Even when it was rumored that she was leaving she did come out and make her statement...

but i wonder why the PH and the actors go into a pregnant (excuse the pun) pause..when it comes to clarifiying glaring gaps that seem to be an audience concern...first with Baruns Movie now this...

It is pretty obvious that she aught to be sporting atleast a slight buldge...at six months... does not have to be too drastic...or realistc...(given that spans a fare gamot...me for eg I was a huge bell with tiny legs...and i kid u not...my neighbor sported zilch and then came home with a baby...and looked good a snew...u can see i dont like her muchLOL)

Tangam,

Before I hit the sack, if typecasting is what she is scared of, she is already typecast as the 'sister'! Anyway its her career and her choice! I just blank her out and fast forward her!

And I shall not like your neighbour much, as well, how dare she!!

Good Night!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FairyLiquidSoapCravingKhana

Go to top