Edited by dhanya.r - 10 August 2012 at 1:36pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CravingKhana

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

Tangy love workingOuch but really had to answer the post as I found it thought provokingClap

I think we are a nation of voyeurs and love to indulge in Schadenfrauede or malicious pleasure in another's misery as long as it is not in our backyard and we are not personally the recipients. It panders to the feeling of phew it's someone else not us so we can continue to feel a bit smug and self righteous without having to worry

To give the devil it s due sometimes certain life experiences are also shown on TV to create a feeling of empathy that the lay viewer can also identify with and may try to derive some solace or heavens who knows even a solution and that also helps the TRP

We are the most hypocritical nation when it comes to sex we are doing it all the time but ask any one how we are one billion and counting they would like to say born immaculately so of course there will be a hue and cry when it comes to all those subjects-  all Taboo and to be  hid under Mount Abu. If the moral brigade could have their way the Khajuraho monuments would be completely swathed in cloth and the Kamasutra banned except for their eyes only

The CV's made a mockery of KKG's pain by reducing the suicide bid  to a comedy track thereby not just demeaning her but so many who have either survived the desperate need behind that last resort or have left this earth leaving their loved ones inconsolable and grieving I felt quite disgusted

When it came to his revelation it was treated as life altering tragedy a solemn moment which was supposed to elicit tears and a TRP rise How does one explain that selective piece of bias? Who can we blame it on? I don't think the TRP audience bought either track nor did I

I am not surprised over the two faced double standards it becomes a coping mechanism for ignorance and fear of change

I read that as love working..then figured it was me u loved...

and darn girl just when i was thinking jeesh this sounds like german to me ...it was ...@bold

Swathi I am not against exploiting life experience...and rising out of such tragedy gives the charactor the depth for his much too uptight and closed personality and the bond between the siblings...yet i have this feeling that the whole they both commitied suicide was  more of a stunt to raise sympathy and shock value...

what say after this heavy convo with Daadi...mon comes and he will be playing footsie with kushi wanting Su Gaag

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiDrwhoSeerialLoopsmeera30FairyLiquidSoapkbtr

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Batman

Superman

Harry Potter

Spiderman

Frodo Baggins

Luke Skywalker.

Snow White

Bambi

Cinderella.

Simba

And ofc, Arnav Singh Raizada.

Edited by Rockerchic - 10 August 2012 at 1:49pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Nrp77oceansseanonasiDrwho.Euphoria.MentalExoticaCravingKhanakbtr

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Just a quick thank You to all...I am farely poor post maker and an even less of a baby sitter...(even after SJ's manual and guide)...I am making my way through some stunnig responces...and am beating my brain to justify them with aswers so bare with me i will come around...makes it easier cos I am not that popularWink

One thing for sure...I guess the makers knwo how to tap inot the audience...My TRP would not even figure on the charts!!!!!!

oceansseakarismanonasiDrwhoSeerialLoops.Euphoria.meera30kbtr

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Tangy, awesome post.

My expectation of IPK or for that matter any Indian soap is zilch. Gone are the days when Indian soaps dealt with sensitive matters.
Here are some of the shows that made a difference over the years- Saans about how an extra-marital affair breaks a family down, Nukkad- how a regular middle class street go about their daily life, Udaan- how a regular girl from rural India inspires to become a cop. These shows make me nostalgic. They were well made shows and were very popular. So the whole thing about giving the audience what it wants is utter bullshit. Indian soaps tend to under estimate the intelligence of an average Indian soap mneber of audience.

Suicide, marital rape, domestic absue are some of the topics that are exploited poorly in most of the shows. I remeber a show trying to show marital rape and the whole thing left such a bad taste, so poorly executed.

My advice to CVs- if you can do justice to a topic, stay away from it. I'd rather laugh over Kushi's senseless antics than cringe over dehumanising suicide.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Nrp77GodHelpUsoceansseaHeadOverHeelsHessa85karismainspiringstarsnonasiDrwhoAmazingAmyMentalExoticasree07meera30SeerialLoops.Euphoria.CravingKhanakbtr

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rockerchic

Batman

Superman

Harry Potter

Spiderman

Frodo Baggins

Luke Skywalker.

Snow White

Bambi

Cinderella.

Simba

So I take it u are not going by chronological orderLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

oceansseanonasiRockerchicmeera30MentalExotica

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
HugTangy Dear 

You have raised a very valid point.

Suicide is a very serious issue...its devastating for the family of the victim and a tragedy by itself.

Now if we sit and discuss this or criticize it, we will be given advice that this serial is for entertainment only and does not preach any social message...

ONe of the things that really bothered me is the way they chose to show Khushi's suicide attempt and in stark contrast the way they are eliciting viewers' sympathy by showing Arnav's parents' suicide.

When they showed Khushi attempting suicide, I was appalled at the way they showed the entire track...it was treated with a comic flavor and Khushi was made to look like a silly foolish kid...I mean the whole track left me disgusted. A girl of her otherwise maturity, was shown to comically write her last will, say stupid things like "its too hot just now, I will jump later", the funny BG music..etc etc 

A serious and sensitive topic like suicide was treated like a comedy track when it came to Khushi.

But when it comes to ASR's past the same topic of suicide is given a different treatment...

Sometimes I feel they discriminate against Khushi's pain and heartbreak - they easily swept all of it under the carpet without giving a proper closure...but just now when they are focussing on the Raizada and Malik family past, a lot of angst and pain is being showcased...and of course, Khushi's parents are somehow linked to it, so more sadness for Khushi!

Edited by sbk2 - 10 August 2012 at 1:57pm

Nrp77nonasiDrwhoAmazingAmysree07SeerialLoopsCravingKhanakbtr

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Originally posted by Rockerchic

Batman

Superman

Harry Potter

Spiderman

Frodo Baggins

Luke Skywalker.

Snow White

Bambi

Cinderella.

Simba

So I take it u are not going by chronological orderLOL

I admit ,It was tough competition between Cinderella and Arnav. LOL

But the point I was trying to make is, that's how all stories being. An Orphan Hero- It's got some sort of sick appeal. And I'm a fan off the above mentioned characters. It gives quite an insight on how we work doesn't it?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUsnonasiDrwhosree07kbtr

Go to top