India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Orphans and Suicide... (Page 12)

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Suicide is no joke! I lost a cousin to it years ago!He was 21. I know how it feels! It tears families apart! The family in question still struggle with this, and it has been 13 years since this happened!

Around the same length of time it has been for Arnav and his family! Wounds like that take years to heal, if at all! A death in the family takes years to get used to! But suicide has it's OWN adverse effects! You wonder if there was anything anyone could have done to prevent it? It makes moving past it even MORE difficult! As a young boy of 14, Arnav would have suffered from shock, and left feeling lost and helpless! It is a suprise if he didnt suffer a nervouse breakdown!

To go from having 2 parents, to NON is devestating for anyone! When your parents KILL themselves, it is even worse! It is as if YOU didnt matter! I wonder how someone can do that to their children? How can you LEAVE them by CHOICE? I always pray that nothing happens to me or my husband, because I have a 3 year old daughter and I dont want her to be alone in the world! I dont want her to not have her Mum and Dad in her life!

SO to CHOOSE to leave your children alone in the world, is something I will NEVER understand! It must take something MAJOR for you to forget your DUTY to them, your LOVE for them!

I hope they treat this subject matter with the respect it deserves! It is no SMALL matter!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FairyLiquidSoapCravingKhana

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

Suicide is no joke! I lost a cousin to it years ago!He was 21. I know how it feels! It tears families apart! The family in question still struggle with this, and it has been 13 years since this happened!

Around the same length of time it has been for Arnav and his family! Wounds like that take years to heal, if at all! A death in the family takes years to get used to! But suicide has it's OWN adverse effects! You wonder if there was anything anyone could have done to prevent it? It makes moving past it even MORE difficult! As a young boy of 14, Arnav would have suffered from shock, and left feeling lost and helpless! It is a suprise if he didnt suffer a nervouse breakdown!

To go from having 2 parents, to NON is devestating for anyone! When your parents KILL themselves, it is even worse! It is as if YOU didnt matter! I wonder how someone can do that to their children? How can you LEAVE them by CHOICE? I always pray that nothing happens to me or my husband, because I have a 3 year old daughter and I dont want her to be alone in the world! I dont want her to not have her Mum and Dad in her life!

SO to CHOOSE to leave your children alone in the world, is something I will NEVER understand! It must take something MAJOR for you to forget your DUTY to them, your LOVE for them!

I hope they treat this subject matter with the respect it deserves! It is no SMALL matter!

Thank You for sharing such a personal and very difficult experiance ...from the timelines if figure you must have been in your teens yourself...It cannot have been easy...seeing your family in pain andyet not know what exactly to do...

Yes taking ones life is difficult and it is even more when you have young responsiblities...we will never the measure of pain for those who do...and hope we never will...

there has to be so many stories like this that touch so many more...One death and ...and its tremors keep effecting countless people in very different ways...

so sensitvenes in venturing to protray same is not a hard thing to ask or have the curtesy not go there...
CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by inspiringstars

A very thought-provoking post.

I am a strong believer in seeing realistic issues played out beautifully by the actors on screen, and so I love some of the movies based on real issues like Rang De Basanti, Aarakshan, all movies based on real issues but handled very well by the directors. While this is not in any way related to the post, what I mean here, is when you show the lead deal with issues of such a painful past where the parents committed suicide and what not...and then that same person is not even worried for a suicidal wife...that he saw just a few months ago on terrace. Yes that track was shameful and it makes me cringe that they thought it was funny, different ways to commit suicide...I mean seriously?

About preoccupation with sex, yes we all are. Everything that we see or do these days, is driven by that physical force, some call it attraction others lust, but yes more or less, all of us are preoccupied with sex. Not just recently, but from years, yes it was a taboo subject to discuss openly, but it was still there...and it will be. That is the basic nature of the society to always delve on predetermined notions and beliefs.
On the other hand, what really worries me about the show is, why so soon? Up until last week, the track was to bring out the contract truth and possible redemption because of which Khushi will forgive Arnav and forget about the contract. And here, now he is teasing, and smirking at her for suhagraat...It makes me go, what the? what happened in between that we missed? And then in the middle of all that, bringing a grave past, and just skirting around the idea of suhagraat...it just seems out of place, doesnt it?
So yes, I guess the creatives do know that this society as a whole is too preoccupied with sex, and so bringing in mundane tracks in the middle of a serious past revelation.

I too like good dramamtisation and most of the time the whole drama is painted around a tragedy...but here it is a daily and it is again not to harsh to incorporate it within the play...the task is then to research to the best of your ability and protray as sensitively as possible...no one is daubting that the movies you mention or the daily dramas at the end of the day are commercial ventures and at some level are making money of the sorrow...but atleast do justice ot your gain...

Sex is ...isnt it some how a maj part whether it is overly portrayed or painstakenly avoided...
CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nonasi

Drama and tragedy attract people. Our voyeurism doesn't seem to know any limits, that's why even in real life we can't seem to help but look at the chaotic scene of a car crash.

But, an issue like suicide needs to be dealt with with complete sensitivity. Unfortunately, that's where the limitations of a daily serial format come into play: neither are they known to be subtle, nor are they concerned with anything beyond entertainment value. The anguish they are now depicting of suicide's effect is what we should have seen earlier. Suicide only ever leaves a trail of destruction behind it and it really isn't a joking matter; depicting it as such only demeans the characters and, in this case, the show itself.

As for the sexual voyeurism, those specific issues are so abominable that there is almost no debate about them being morally wrong and/or they're issues everyone has some knowledge of. People either have little to no experience with real life tragedies like suicide, and thus they aren't aware of how offensive a comical portrayal is, or their sense of escapism forces them to overlook it altogether. Confused Basically, ignorance is bliss, it seems.

Much needed post Tangy. 

Thanx Nonasi...and its great to have you do more than just liking cos girl u have some very intelligent things to say...theres nothing i can add

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasi

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CDlove

In my 10th grade, one of my childhood friends commited suicide jumping off the top of the highest building at our school for reason I don't want to delve here. Having had to go through the trauma of that one incident left me scarred beyond anyone can ever imagine. I spent days crying refusing to come out of my room.

My point is, the insensitive nature at which these writers handle serious issues just prove the fact that they consider that money makes the world go round. In a way it's true. But they need to realise that they have at least a little bit of moral obligation to show these issues in a responsible manner. But I'm far from being optimistic. Look at the way they are handling Khushi's character; a woman who had to go through so much pain and trauma in her short life and here she is considering everything happening around her as a mere joke.   

Tangy, these shows are based soley on commercial success. I don't for a moment think they will show these issues in a sensitive responsible matter; not unless these chanels actually develope a policy towards educating the public and upholding some responsibility for the betterment of the society.

Hiru...that is a very traumatic incident...and to be touched so early inlife...my point so someone else too the ripples created by such a massive tragedy...touches too many that are not accounted for...and then shoddy protrayals only serve to belittle that ...very distastefull...

I hear u about Khushi...a very unrealistic charactor...

b4 educating public i think they need to tke the time to educate themselves
corporate social reponsiblity...needed in a big way...

nonasi

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Why the pre-occupation with the tragedies of life...is it more fuel for drama...are we really such voyeurs...that we need to have so much of lives tragedies paraded in our sopa operas to make them enjoyable entertainment...

I am not averse to reel reflecting real for that is the source of drama be it the creators infuences or societies need to dramatise and explore the cravices of life...

yet to merely dabble with same because it might boost one viewership...begs the question...

to write in experiences that one has not experienced or researched is in my opinion is fairley selfish and shortsighted of the creator (and this is putting in mildly...and a very hurtful injustice to many in the vaset seemless audience who might have had the misfortune of having been touched by these miseries...

Another very intriguing thought for me...how is it that possible alluding to or insinuation of... incest,...extra marital sex.,...pre marital sex,...illiigitamacy...consumation ...provokes an almost gutteral outcry...where as the actual botched portrayal of a life tragedy, a verbal discusision of it has a nary an effect...

Are we that preoccupied by sex...?????

Do we have such little respect for life and for tragedies that are part of our society yet not part of our lives?

TangsSmile

Thanks for the pm...just logged on for a few mins.

Am not sure if I fully understood the gist so pardon me if i havent...but your post is beautifulClapClap and if I have got it right then the answer to that is ...we...including me... are all hypocrites ...we like to talk about life,,...but are most times dissecting a checks and balances for who is better ...ASR or Khushi

You know when I was in Mumbai at some point there was a saying...Everyone wants a Shivaji in the neighbours house...apne ghar me doctor, engineer chahiyeLOLLOL

That is what this serial, this PH...this channel and perhaps this place too is...So for example we like to believe that we are chaste, even though we religiously wait for romantic scenes, or religiously come everyday too laugh at others...but we type furiously to proclaim only ASR and Khushi are badLOL...and on the other hand, we believe we are great and articulate...others are droolers or idiots

which is why as you know already ...after a point in time I feel my thoughts and presence are better utilised elsewhere ...than hereLOLLOL...coz any meaningful point is brushed aside as being labelled a ASR lover

As for sex...shhh...thats not a word to be used it IndiaLOLLOL...its a different matter that we have a population over a billion and are one of the prime suppilers of human traffickingEmbarrassed...chuckles...but our hero and heroine have to be in married in sacred matrimony (what ever that really means) to have physical contact...forget sexLOLLOL...rabba ves are ok though...chuckles

If time permits ...will write more...else you pm me Smile

Take care

nonasi

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Want to add,...the episde about ASR's parents suicide was one of the best I have seen...

AM sure, we are back to a grand marriage when it come sto the PH...and as for the discussions here the  word redemption

So there you are ...zilch respect for anything remotely realistic

nonasi

zarmyna Senior Member
zarmyna
zarmyna

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Just came across this post. Puts into perspective what the soaps are about, at the end of the day: TRPs and hence money, period!

Originally posted by CravingKhana

Why the pre-occupation with the tragedies of life...is it more fuel for drama...are we really such voyeurs...that we need to have so much of lives tragedies paraded in our sopa operas to make them enjoyable entertainment...

How else do they gain the sympathy of vulnerable viewers?

I am not averse to reel reflecting real for that is the source of drama be it the creators infuences or societies need to dramatise and explore the cravices of life...

yet to merely dabble with same because it might boost one viewership...begs the question...

This is capitalism working round the clock, it cares nothing for human life until and unless it serves some profitable purpose. Do you think Production houses will be sensitive to human tragedies? Naaahhh

to write in experiences that one has not experienced or researched is in my opinion is fairley selfish and shortsighted of the creator (and this is putting in mildly...and a very hurtful injustice to many in the vaset seemless audience who might have had the misfortune of having been touched by these miseries...

Research???? When they can't even maintain continuity and consistency, do you think they will take the trouble of research? 

Another very intriguing thought for me...how is it that possible alluding to or insinuation of... incest,...extra marital sex.,...pre marital sex,...illiigitamacy...consumation ...provokes an almost gutteral outcry...where as the actual botched portrayal of a life tragedy, a verbal discusision of it has a nary an effect...

Are we that preoccupied by sex...?????

O yes!

Do we have such little respect for life and for tragedies that are part of our society yet not part of our lives?

Do we even have little?

The comic portrayal of suicide in case of Khushi and use of suicide note for bringing together Payal and Akaash while Arnav has this history just shows how randomly the creatives work on the story and make it so obvious that there was never any storyline beyond the guy meets a girl!

nonasi

Go to top