Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Drwho

Imagine if Ben Kingsley refused to wear a dhoti for acting in Gandhi, saying it would be bad for his 'image'!

I am entirely justified in my dislike of a certain person!

True words my dear friend. Which is why i refuse to acknowledge Daljeet even as an actor.

Edited by Naach_Basanti - 11 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Imagine if Ben Kingsley refused to wear a dhoti for acting in Gandhi, saying it would be bad for his 'image'!

I am entirely justified in my dislike of a certain person!

πŸ˜‰ had to jump Q for this one...
kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: serialjunkie

First, let me clear the air with one serious thing thats been bothering everyone. 

Arnav is a virgin. Bas.

Ok, now to more mundane of issues of...wait...suicide? There is nothing mundane or hilarious about it. Thats why Khushi's suicide escapade made it so distasteful and off-putting. Now, ASR who has experience with mulitple suicides in his family can take Khushi's suicide as a joke and as a matter of inconvenience really surprises me. So, it has to be concluded that the writers of this show have no clue the stigma and aftermath of suicide, they have not done any research on this issue nor do they have any appreciation for the trauma it plunges the affected into. For them this is entertainment and as long as we get a few Rabba Ves and a vague missing villain for good measure, its paisa vasool.

then again, some writers of this show had written an erstwhile show where a girl child of 10 yrs or less was shown peeing in her pants with camera zoom and focus on the trickle of the pee down her legs while an apple was placed on the kids head at gun point, and a small patch of hair on top of her head shown blown away when the apple was shot -- all in the name of entertaintment - what can i say, IPK smells like roses. 

You have a very valid point here and I agree with you, absolutely. BTW what was the show of the 10 yr old? I'd like to see it - maybe I can use it in my research paper - has to do with the baseness of humans - ethnicity, dignity and entertainment - I want to show all human beings are the same where entertainment is concerned, regardless of race, religion or creed, not withstanding economic factors...)  
Back to mundane matters - Arnav is not a virgin, he had it on with La.
Thanks for your post, though. Sometimes, I come across substantial discussions in this forum that makes me want to stay. I appreciate your thoughts. πŸ‘
Drwho thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CravingKhana

πŸ˜‰ had to jump Q for this one...

I give you a medal for your jump, dear friend! and a πŸ€—
Drwho thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

True words my dear friend. Which is why i refuse to acknowledge Daljeet even as an actor.

Exactly! If she doesn't take herself seriously, why will others? 

inspiringstars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

I do not get it , what is so bad in sporting a baby bump? I agree with both of you here, I mean dont be an actor if you cant get in the shoes of different characters.

While I agree here, I also know for a fact that people in the industry are so stupid...to typecast a particular actress for a particular role. This has happened before and continues to be happening where if an actress has done a particular kind of role once, she gets an image of being like that 
for ex "item girls" of bollywood, they are just sex dolls who dance for people and are never actually appreciated for their acting. Helen, she was a beautiful dancer and very good actor, but none of us know her as an actor, but just as a dancer. I know things are improving, and the typecasting has reduced to a certain extent, but that is a main reason why actors would be scared to go out of their comfort zone for a particular role.
nonasi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sbk2

When they showed Khushi attempting suicide, I was appalled at the way they showed the entire track...it was treated with a comic flavor and Khushi was made to look like a silly foolish kid...I mean the whole track left me disgusted. A girl of her otherwise maturity, was shown to comically write her last will, say stupid things like "its too hot just now, I will jump later", the funny BG music..etc etc 

That's what didn't sit well with me. When the show started, Khushi was blamed for Payal's marriage getting called off and they showed her upset and lighting up a gas stove...leaving the impression that she would hurt herself because she had caused her family pain. The very next thing they showed was her actually de-stressing by making jalebis and displaying maturity and strength of character by not letting anyone's words put her down to the point of taking such a drastic measure. Basically, they didn't go the cliched soap route of her committing suicide to get out of everyone's way, and yet a year later, they did exactly that.  This was one of my main reasons for watching this show: Khushi wasn't the typical girl to blame herself and then do something foolish without thinking it through. They left suicide alone and didn't go near making it comical.

(Oh, updated post on page 3 πŸ˜Š)

Drwho thumbnail

Originally posted by: inspiringstars

I do not get it , what is so bad in sporting a baby bump? I agree with both of you here, I mean dont be an actor if you cant get in the shoes of different characters.

While I agree here, I also know for a fact that people in the industry are so stupid...to typecast a particular actress for a particular role. This has happened before and continues to be happening where if an actress has done a particular kind of role once, she gets an image of being like that 
for ex "item girls" of bollywood, they are just sex dolls who dance for people and are never actually appreciated for their acting. Helen, she was a beautiful dancer and very good actor, but none of us know her as an actor, but just as a dancer. I know things are improving, and the typecasting has reduced to a certain extent, but that is a main reason why actors would be scared to go out of their comfort zone for a particular role.

I would have more respect for an actress, if she highlighted this matter, rather than avoid and ignore it. 

May be Helen was happy doing dancing roles, (she was certainly par excellence in her time), and did not particularly want to do 'acting' roles! There is something called professional hazard and you have to live with it! I am not justifying exploitation of females in the film and TV industry, that must opposed at all costs. Although I have no great insight or inside knowledge of the film and TV industry, I would think it is much safer now for girls compared to 30 years ago.

What I mean is if people decide to stay in their comfort zone, then they should be prepared to accept comfortable returns! No pain, no gain! You have to take risks to achieve something over and beyond the expected! 

Anyway, I am digressing from Tangam's topic, so will keep quiet about this!

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nonasi

That's what didn't sit well with me. When the show started, Khushi was blamed for Payal's marriage getting called off and they showed her upset and lighting up a gas stove...leaving the impression that she would hurt herself because she had caused her family pain. The very next thing they showed was her actually de-stressing by making jalebis and displaying maturity and strength of character by not letting anyone's words put her down to the point of taking such a drastic measure. Basically, they didn't go the cliched soap route of her committing suicide to get out of everyone's way, and yet a year later, they did exactly that.  This was one of my main reasons for watching this show: Khushi wasn't the typical girl to blame herself and then do something foolish without thinking it through. They left suicide alone and didn't go near making it comical.

(Oh, updated post on page 3 πŸ˜Š)

They have compromised Khushi's character to a big extent...during the office track, the La training track she was shown doing things that were funny, but at the same time there was a maturity to her - the way she quietly and calmly told off ASR on numerous occasions, holding her head high (during the farak padhta hai track often comes to my mind), her maturity on topics like the significance of marriage and how she once made La dress up in bridal wear, explaining to her how a bride feels when she steps into her husband's home etc etc.

Now they have turned her into a naive girl who till yesterday did not realize that they did not have pheras! I mean wasn't she hired to teach La all the sankskars and paramparas? - at that time she seemed to know everything!
Innocence is one thing and cluelessness and naivete is another...the whole suicide track, and last week's impulsive and impetuous actions of leaving RM and living at GH without any planning, lying through her teeth, making flimsy excuses, falling foolishly for his blackmailing etc etc - all of this makes Khushi come off as a silly, idiotic childish character.
The suicide track is probably the worst for me in terms of butchering Khushi's character...

Edited by sbk2 - 11 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I would have more respect for an actress, if she highlighted this matter, rather than avoid and ignore it. 

May be Helen was happy doing dancing roles, (she was certainly par excellence in her time), and did not particularly want to do 'acting' roles! There is something called professional hazard and you have to live with it! I am not justifying exploitation of females in the film and TV industry, that must opposed at all costs. Although I have no great insight or inside knowledge of the film and TV industry, I would think it is much safer now for girls compared to 30 years ago.

What I mean is if people decide to stay in their comfort zone, then they should be prepared to accept comfortable returns! No pain, no gain! You have to take risks to achieve something over and beyond the expected! 

Anyway, I am digressing from Tangam's topic, so will keep quiet about this!

Digress away Manju...this is a post meant to raise questions and discussions ...while I would agree with you that if it were true that it was Daljeeth who did not want to sport the tummy ...then taking her seriouly as an artiste is hard pushed...however this industry is highly competetive and sustaining oneself is not base on talent entierly if at all...

Typecasting and  used by dates for actresses are a given...
The item girl however seems like Katrina...and the crew have done a good job of breaking that trend...

coming back to the Daljeeth issue my only grouch is that it is hear say...the random articles are very questionalble and he said she said...
Even when it was rumored that she was leaving she did come out and make her statement...

but i wonder why the PH and the actors go into a pregnant (excuse the pun) pause..when it comes to clarifiying glaring gaps that seem to be an audience concern...first with Baruns Movie now this...

It is pretty obvious that she aught to be sporting atleast a slight buldge...at six months... does not have to be too drastic...or realistc...(given that spans a fare gamot...me for eg I was a huge bell with tiny legs...and i kid u not...my neighbor sported zilch and then came home with a baby...and looked good a snew...u can see i dont like her muchπŸ˜†)