India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Orphans and Suicide...

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Why the pre-occupation with the tragedies of life...is it more fuel for drama...are we really such voyeurs...that we need to have so much of lives tragedies paraded in our sopa operas to make them enjoyable entertainment...

I am not averse to reel reflecting real for that is the source of drama be it the creators infuences or societies need to dramatise and explore the cravices of life...

yet to merely dabble with same because it might boost one viewership...begs the question...

to write in experiences that one has not experienced or researched is in my opinion is fairley selfish and shortsighted of the creator (and this is putting in mildly...and a very hurtful injustice to many in the vaset seemless audience who might have had the misfortune of having been touched by these miseries...

Another very intriguing thought for me...how is it that possible alluding to or insinuation of... incest,...extra marital sex.,...pre marital sex,...illiigitamacy...consumation ...provokes an almost gutteral outcry...where as the actual botched portrayal of a life tragedy, a verbal discusision of it has a nary an effect...

Are we that preoccupied by sex...?????

Do we have such little respect for life and for tragedies that are part of our society yet not part of our lives?

The following 68 member(s) liked the above post:

nina16Jordinipkknd37ra123winiwonkapikudikaAce11sami99oceansseamcguinessbanglesIFIDGodHelpUsNrp77hereandhappyTinkJiazeefan 1XarinaTeleFaninspiringstarskarismaBestesyJalebiJaneDazeeHeadOverHeelsHessa85mizzraksha712appy_12minimuffin86evenjleena28samin6highonshowsJayneAmazingAmyDrwhononasimayabegumfareeJaponicasree071yyy2krish3MentalExoticabhanganblue.kindleMagicLanternmeera30.Euphoria.spiritSeerialLoopsTiyaliJWMRKzafimadmaxineasha...LadyLaLasbk2OnepoundChicDiamondLifeSultan_Of_SwingRabba-Ve-DelenaCandYlicious_Sserialjunkie.DontKnow.kbtrKookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoapThe.LannisterNestleToulouse

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
First, let me clear the air with one serious thing thats been bothering everyone. 

Arnav is a virgin. Bas.

Ok, now to more mundane of issues of...wait...suicide? There is nothing mundane or hilarious about it. Thats why Khushi's suicide escapade made it so distasteful and off-putting. Now, ASR who has experience with mulitple suicides in his family can take Khushi's suicide as a joke and as a matter of inconvenience really surprises me. So, it has to be concluded that the writers of this show have no clue the stigma and aftermath of suicide, they have not done any research on this issue nor do they have any appreciation for the trauma it plunges the affected into. For them this is entertainment and as long as we get a few Rabba Ves and a vague missing villain for good measure, its paisa vasool.

then again, some writers of this show had written an erstwhile show where a girl child of 10 yrs or less was shown peeing in her pants with camera zoom and focus on the trickle of the pee down her legs while an apple was placed on the kids head at gun point, and a small patch of hair on top of her head shown blown away when the apple was shot -- all in the name of entertaintment - what can i say, IPK smells like roses. 

Edited by serialjunkie - 10 August 2012 at 10:09am

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123ruffledfeathersNrp77GodHelpUsn091505malimcguinessbanglesIFIDMeena1428oceansseaEvilMindedMeBestesykarismaappy_12zobshehHessa85HeadOverHeelsNeemsundariTeleFanpollypollynuttycleoKraninonasiDrwhosegadAmazingAmyvellainsaanblue.kindlezafibhangansree07-Sunset-MagicLanternmeera30asha...SeerialLoops.Euphoria.Rabba-Ve-Delenasbk2MrDarcyfanSultan_Of_SwingFairyLiquidSoapGodhuliLogonkbtrNestleToulouse

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Wow, serious kostin. I'd change my DP before asking it though! LOL

Ok..I kid, I kid. 

I could give you the whole escapist drama spiel...I don't think you'd enjoy that. My personal opinion is that these guys don't have it in them to write sensitively about the topic you are referring to. Apart from not wanting to venture into those very muddy waters. Look, I prolly couldn't write about suicide. It's too complex. Much easier to have Khushi wear her kurta inside out. 

Often I find books are better than TV/Movies when discussing serious issues. No time constraints. No budget hassles. It's easier to expose yourself in written than in person, even if you are acting. Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar is a good read. 

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123ruffledfeathersoceansseabanglesIFIDGodHelpUsHessa85NeemsundaripollypollyBestesyAmazingAmynonasiDrwhohighonshows.Euphoria.MagicLanternmeera30SeerialLoopsasha...zafiMentalExoticabhanganblue.kindlekbtrsbk2MrDarcyfanSultan_Of_SwingFairyLiquidSoapRabba-Ve-Delena

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Firstly everyone Craves Khana that's the purpose of existence 

So TV show makers thrive (earn their dal roti) on dramatising tragedies of life and roping in some success, crude you say, but that's what works. 
Masses connect with tragedies well, cos sympathy and apathy stir the deep human emotion.

Sex is what cures another part of human hunger so well we all crave khana...

I know you'll beat me with your intelligence but this is all i had to offer//

Edited by MentalExotica - 10 August 2012 at 10:14am

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkknd37banglesIFIDhereandhappyNrp77GodHelpUsoceansseama-nishadaappy_12Hessa85NeemsundarinonasiDrwhoAmazingAmyhighonshows.Euphoria.spiritSeerialLoopsblue.kindlebhanganmadmaxineasha...MagicLanternmeera30sbk2MrDarcyfanSultan_Of_SwingFairyLiquidSoapRabba-Ve-Delena

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Wow, serious kostin. I'd change my DP before asking it though! 

Ok..I kid, I kid. 

I could give you the whole escapist drama spiel...I don't think you'd enjoy that. My personal opinion is that these guys don't have it in them to write sensitively about the topic you are referring to. Apart from not wanting to venture into those very muddy waters. Look, I prolly couldn't write about suicide. It's too complex. Much easier to have Khushi wear her kurta inside out. 

Often I find books are better than TV/Movies when discussing serious issues. No time constraints. No budget hassles. It's easier to expose yourself in written than in person, even if you are acting. Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar is a good read. 

I should shouldnt I ...may be a shirtless Shemar u think that should help with being taken seriously...LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

So true...so why dont they stick to inside out kurtas and do em well...on that note wonder how one of her multicolored do's would have looked inside out...

I have no qualms about making it all about sex ...Sex sells and Ole i too am a customer...
all of the soaps are based on the carrot of will the wont they ...the tention ripping us apart...so then why the need for these troubled portrayals ...if u gotta do em do em well...not time no budget stay away...jsut give some real good tear jerkers...

they also keep hinitng alot at psychalogical issues and mental weakness...haaah oh well deep sigh lets go back to the Su...Gaag...

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUsoceansseaHeadOverHeelsappy_12karismaHessa85nonasiDrwhoAmazingAmymadmaxineSeerialLoopsmeera30blue.kindlekbtrFairyLiquidSoapMrDarcyfanSultan_Of_Swing

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Oh tangy this is such a thought evoking post and I am a bit too tired to delve deep for a sensible answer..

I doubt if CVs even think the way you do... for them tragedies are meant to garner higher TRPs.. They care a tuppence for those afflicted by similar incidents in real life... They don't think it out the way you do..

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Nrp77GodHelpUsIFIDHessa85nonasiDrwhoAmazingAmyblue.kindlebhanganasha...SeerialLoopsMrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoapCravingKhanakbtr

minimuffin86 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

sj07ra123ruffledfeathersmz.braroceansseaIFIDmaliNrp77GodHelpUsn091505HeadOverHeelsNeemsundariTeleFanappy_12inspiringstarsHessa85karismanonasiDrwhoAmazingAmyblue.kindlebhanganmeera30spiritFairyLiquidSoapCravingKhanasbk2MrDarcyfanSultan_Of_Swingkbtr

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MentalExotica

Firstly everyone Craves Khana that's the purpose of existence 

So TV show makers thrive (earn their dal roti) on dramatising tragedies of life and roping in some success, crude you say, but that's what works. 
Masses connect with tragedies well, cos sympathy and apathy stir the deep human emotion.

Sex is what cures another part of human hunger so well we all crave khana...

I know you'll beat me with your intelligence but this is all i had to offer//

what intelligence you stumped me at khana...now i am left craving...nextt ime u wann have a serious convo with me...then dont bring up khan girl...if not we will be talkin dhal chawal roti...and roti chawal dhall...only...LOL

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUsnonasiDrwhoAmazingAmyblue.kindleMentalExoticaSeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoapkbtr

Go to top