Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5

India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5
Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5

Episode Discussion:: 11-12 August (Page 6)

Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
I share a different opinion from the majority here - this week was just OKAY.

While I loved Ritwik-Sneha's MJ - Semi Classical mix (very interesting concept and choreography by Sneha), I was not WOWED by their performance. They deserved 30 in comparison but not for their performance.

Rashmi was a bit disappointing this week considering her potential. I think Deepak should push her limits and challenge her, that is when she gives her best. 

Darsheel-Avneet - The kids finally got what they deserved, I think they were really good considering the challenging act they chose  and the way they delivered it , keeping in mind their age :). I honestly loved their aerial act more than Isha's for it had some STEPS rather than acrobatics.

Isha-Cornell - Firstly, I feel bad for Salman, I hope he gets well soon and starts performing with Isha again. Secondly, Kudos to Cornell. Thirdly, THANK GOD Isha danced for once, rather than twisting her body around. Coming to her performance, I did not like her footwork in some places but she was good otherwise. I think she needs to try more of such dance forms so that we get to see what she is actually capable of! I loved her expressions though -they were perfect!

Gurmeet-Shampa - Oh how I LOVE Shampa's creative mind! Her idea to fuse Kathakali with broad way was brilliant, so hats off to that! However, I agree with Remo that it was quite down on the Kathakali front even though the choreography was good, and the concept was also unclear to me. They deserved what they got.

Karan-Mohena - Funnily enough, I thought that Karan was actually better this week than he was last week. I agree that he could not quite bring the Flamenco out of him but he put in a pretty good effort. Mohena's choreography was nothing extra ordinary though, hence I think they got what they deserved.

Gia-Nishant, Bharti-Savio and Puneet-Shibani were okay!

I liked that Remo has gotten a little strict this week and is not giving away marks so easily. Madhuri should tighten the reins too.

Edited by Bazinga - 12 August 2012 at 1:47pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sheeba_hasanLavenderCrystalnuttycleocherrypansyHichkikooliio-MariaMars-Fatima_Q

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Sunday episode was much better than Saturday. I finally saw Darsheel and Avneet doing something else other than jumping around. They did it quite well too, so they deserved their 30. Isha as well FINALLY broke out of her shell and did something other than twisting/lifts. Ritwick was the best out of the lot today though...he dances and its fun to watch. The others...I can't even remember. They were forgettable. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

iheartuLavenderCrystalnuttycleoHichki-MariaMars-

DOC108 IF-Rockerz
DOC108
DOC108

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
i  missed on sat so thank u for the update
nuttycleo IF-Dazzler
nuttycleo
nuttycleo

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
 Finally...FINALLY...we get to see real dancing from ALL the contestants!!That itself is quite refreshing for me...oh its still not perfect...judges & their markings are still off the mark, some costumes and song choices are not gelling with the dance sequences...but at least we can start pitching all acts against one another fair n squarely...at least IMO! So there was no wow factor...nothing absolutely riveting in any performance, but all were enjoyable in different degrees...lets give it to them, guys!Embarrassed

I think the main problem in this season has been with judges scoring poor acts highly...which results in clubbing all good acts in 9-10 zone...even if all similarly scoring acts haven't been on par. Anyways...moving on to the acts..

I liked Shibani Punit's act...but their moves were repetitive & easy. Not expected from them at this stage! & why is 7 being considered bad? Maybe when compared to other acts which got 8s & 9s..but first acts are such a gamble always...too bad...judges didnt stick to applying same standards to all acts. But they are a confused lot & have to phase out Shibani soon...it is all scripted, remember?Tongue

Bharti...jeez...i cant get her reference to Remo in the beginning, out of my head LOL...so, she entertained really well! She is the one for whom all the exceptions are being made at this stage..but i shall not complain! It will be v boring without her!! No use speculating on her marks!! 

Karan Wahi n Mohena are so easy on the eyes...but their dance didnt really impress me that much! Of course,they havent been dancing since beginning & have to work double hard to get into the rhythm, but when you are a wild card aspirant, you already know what you are getting into. They will not be eliminated at this stage especially because of the fan following...but they need to & I believe they can step it up!Approve

Rashmi...I really liked her performance...however...she is competing against herself more at this stage. she has set expectations high & when her performance has all elements of dance yet, the wow factor is missing, she will be stuck @9s, i feel! Deepak has to be a bit more innovative with her because they are an explosive pair!Thumbs Up

Ritwik...he is a good dancer...even he knows it...& his exuberance is endearing, but his act got full marks despite the flaws being openly pointed out...hmm!Stern Smile Every episode till date has been marked by this particular inconsistency from the judges & it is really unfair IMO!Ouch Remo...it is so unexpected from u, that i am beginning to lose respect i had in your fair judgement. Anyhow, Ritwik's was one of the better acts...

Gia...my mind couldnt connect the song to the dance sequence!it was too distracting & put the whole act in same bracket as Shibani...disparity in marks??oh well!! Seems Shibani will go before Gia..possibly next week itself!Ermm

Gurmeet & Shampa...err...i hesitate to comment on them...i am not technical at all...& i didnt get their act...at all!Confused Maybe i will view it again & comment...but, like, they need me to like them...Silly So perhaps they were stupendous...but as a normal viewer, I wouldn't vote for them this time around.

Darsheel, Avni...they finally got 30!!Yay!! DancingBut there were minor glitches... hmm...given Avni hurt herself & watching her cry is heartbreaking...let the young ones savour the moment & their much awaited candy!Embarrassed At least they arent being eliminated next week!

Isha...Cornell..hats off for putting it together in 8 hrs!!Clap I have no idea about the Indian dance form they were performing & not much knowledge of Afro style either. Fusion bit would have confused me if i was in KJo's shoes...but lol...he seems well versed with all dance forms & hence dishing out the marks with utmost confidence!TongueLOL Remo...would like to ask you why you penalised this duo when u let the other 2 30-fetching ppl get away with errors?Anyways...Isha is a finalist! Its confirmed! Lets enjoy whatever she brings to the table...err..TV sets!

& before i conclude...I'd like to club the person who decides the themes!!! With the baton which is now in possession of Usain Bolt! Angry Bollywood based theme...again?!!! Seriously???!!!Dead 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music_mastiLavenderCrystalHichki

DOC108 IF-Rockerz
DOC108
DOC108

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
i just watch this basically for the fun element and a few perfomances  ...not at all interested in any body in particular ..and really wouldnot ike to judge anybody but i think it is becoming monotonous ...,
Hichki IF-Rockerz
Hichki
Hichki

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dz651

Originally posted by rajluvsshvpavti

P.s I missed the part where the choreographers danced together..when was it shown?..god knows.

It was right at the beginning. Smile

thank u,i missed it

by the way I am so sure shibani is going next week!!My heart shudders at the very thought of her elimination,very unfortunate ...23 was a devastating score ..if it's the channel's decision then seriously jdj should be renamed dancing with telly stars as someone else pointed out.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pari2386DriftInfinitely

pari2386 Senior Member
pari2386
pari2386

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 12:54am | IP Logged
bharti getting all 9s and shibani getiing 23 al tooghether was totally crap IMO...I feel Bharati is retained in show only becoz of her entertainment factor ! And with lowest scores I m sure Shibani is set to leave next weekUnhappy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012

PrincessSJB Groupbie
PrincessSJB
PrincessSJB

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Wow that was an amazing performance by Rithvik.  Since Rithvik arrived on the Jhalak scene, it's nice to see full on dancing on Jhalak for a change - after all it is a dance competition.  Rithvik's dancing is very smooth and fluid - his footwork is effortless.  The most amazing thing that comes across about this young man is that he appears to be very genuine and humble - there is an ease about his presence and there is
absolutely no affectation about him.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pari2386-MariaMars-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index