Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

Sar Dhakai (Page 3)

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anastasia211092

In Muslim law you have to take permission from your first wife for the second wife to be legal. Without permission from first wife the marriage is invalid.I don't know about Hindu laws but Muslim laws clearly explain the clauses where you can take a second wife. If the first wife is dead then the case is different but if the first wife is alive then this clause is most important. There are plenty of cases where both wives are happy but the man can never overlook one wife for another and the man can divorce always go for divorce option.

I'm pretty sure that for Hindu laws, Hindus are definitely not allowed to marry again if they are still legally married to someone.  The only way to marry legally is if you are legally single, widowed, or divorced.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalapi

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pyar-ishk

Thanks for the info  ladies it really crazy that this stuff exist in the world. 

If this show wasn't on air I would've never knew about this custom 

@ Kalpani 

Please explain to me how is your comment supporting this topic Confused

No one here believe a deceiving someone into marriage or anything other wise is okay. 

As for marriages you can't speak about all over India or around the world. There are people in Africa that has more then one wife and all have equal rights as well as respect. I know a Muslim indian that has two wives and both get respect and there children has his name. The only thing is certain places that made not be recognize in the case of US but in Dubai is acceptable. 

I think when we are discussing the show we should leave it there and not general other countries or culture into these discussion. 

Gosh India where a man can married another woman just cause his first wife can't birth to a boy child and the second wife who has a boy child is given more respect then the first wife. Dharmendra  is with his second wife and I never read anywhere Hema Malini marriage isn't valid, Boney Kapoor & Sridevi and countless others. 

This topic is about understanding sar dhakai a little more better not about Vik being Anti Christ cause he lied and Mother Theresa helped her daughter be saved from the devil. The topic was a relief from the countless debate  topics on the forum but now that isn't the case. 

Pyar-isk…with due respect I am discussing the topic of Sugni here…I guess, I am in the right forum, right???

Secondly, In India, it is illegal to marry trice…I am an Indian spend quite a few years in that country…have lived in USA and Canada…so I know the law in all 3 countries….The story of Sugni isn't about an African family, nor about a muslim family……although even in India, muslims can't have 2 wives…there are another "muslim' laws that I guess supersede the law stated by the Indian constitution, although not being a muslim, nor have I lived in Dubai, I wouldn't know/...I am here talking of Hindu marriages and Indian laws…Please check Indian law to verify…In Indian court a second marriage is considered illegal and as such that second wife will get not even a penny from the hubby….the court will support the hubby, if he wishes to bring charges against the wife for defamation and fraud including, if the child uses this person last name…please verify at your convenience…if you can prove me other, please do….

As far as I know Dharmender & Hema Malini married in 1980 (and So is Boney Kappor and Sridevi, Boney kapoor did divorce his first wife), if there were not married that they kids were illegitimate (if you want one in Bollywood it is Masaba Gupta, daughter of Neena Gupta  please note, Masaba isn't using her biological dad's name – the famous Vivian Richard) …of course, in the west that isn't any thing to get worked up about…I am not here as a moral police, to you your own views…but as far as the storyline of PSH is concern, I don't think Sugni wanted to be a 'unmarried' mistress or as some members said legally married to TVS (only I still don't get how she could be legally married to him, if his wife is healthy and well and not legally divorced). But as I said…to each their wn..am not here as a ethical or moral police…)..

I am extremely offended with the underlined lines…making such generalized statement only has the intention of stopping a healthy discussion…I am hoping the mods are looking at this…and beside, please explain how is this related to the topic at hand….

ForeverSHINee

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

@ Kalpani 

No one here believe a deceiving someone into marriage or anything other wise is okay. 

As for marriages you can't speak about all over India or around the world. There are people in Africa that has more then one wife and all have equal rights as well as respect. I know a Muslim indian that has two wives and both get respect and there children has his name. The only thing is certain places that made not be recognize in the case of US but in Dubai is acceptable. 

I think when we are discussing the show we should leave it there and not general other countries or culture into these discussion. 

Gosh India where a man can married another woman just cause his first wife can't birth to a boy child and the second wife who has a boy child is given more respect then the first wife. Dharmendra  is with his second wife and I never read anywhere Hema Malini marriage isn't valid, Boney Kapoor & Sridevi and countless others. 

This topic is about understanding sar dhakai a little more better not about Vik being Anti Christ cause he lied and Mother Theresa helped her daughter be saved from the devil. The topic was a relief from the countless debate  topics on the forum but now that isn't the case. 

Just adding a fact!  Hema Malini's marriage is not invalid because Dharmendra declared that he is Muslim and "converted" to Islam.  In India, Muslim men are allowed to marry more than once legally; however, Hindu men cannot marry again legally if he is already married.  

I'm NOT arguing.  Just stating a fact.  Smile

Kalapi

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by XAiShBaBy08X

In Muslim law you have to take permission from your first wife for the second wife to be legal. Without permission from first wife the marriage is invalid.I don't know about Hindu laws but Muslim laws clearly explain the clauses where you can take a second wife. If the first wife is dead then the case is different but if the first wife is alive then this clause is most important. There are plenty of cases where both wives are happy but the man can never overlook one wife for another and the man can divorce always go for divorce option.

I'm pretty sure that for Hindu laws, Hindus are definitely not allowed to marry again if they are still legally married to someone.  The only way to marry legally is if you are legally single, widowed, or divorced.  

Hinduism allowed polygamy, in fact there are examples of even women having multiple husbands  Xia, but the Indian constitution bans more than one marriage according to the Hindu marriage act and the courst doesn't recognize other than one marriage...

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

@ Kalpani 

Just adding a fact!  Hema Malini's marriage is not invalid because Dharmendra declared that he is Muslim and "converted" to Islam.  In India, Muslim men are allowed to marry more than once legally; however, Hindu men cannot marry again legally if he is already married.  

I'm NOT arguing.  Just stating a fact.  Smile
Xia...I thought there was something more to it then that...thanks for the info...

XAiShBaBy08X

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

@ Kalpani 

Pyar-isk'with due respect I am discussing the topic of Sugni here'I guess, I am in the right forum, right???

Secondly, In India, it is illegal to marry trice'I am an Indian spend quite a few years in that country'have lived in USA and Canada'so I know the law in all 3 countries'.The story of Sugni isn't about an African family, nor about a muslim family''although even in India, muslims can't have 2 wives'there are another "muslim' laws that I guess supersede the law stated by the Indian constitution, although not being a muslim, nor have I lived in Dubai, I wouldn't know/...I am here talking of Hindu marriages and Indian laws'Please check Indian law to verify'In Indian court a second marriage is considered illegal and as such that second wife will get not even a penny from the hubby'.the court will support the hubby, if he wishes to bring charges against the wife for defamation and fraud including, if the child uses this person last name'please verify at your convenience'if you can prove me other, please do'.

As far as I know Dharmender & Hema Malini married in 1980 (and So is Boney Kappor and Sridevi, Boney kapoor did divorce his first wife), if there were not married that they kids were illegitimate (if you want one in Bollywood it is Masaba Gupta, daughter of Neena Gupta  please note, Masaba isn't using her biological dad's name ' the famous Vivian Richard) 'of course, in the west that isn't any thing to get worked up about'I am not here as a moral police, to you your own views'but as far as the storyline of PSH is concern, I don't think Sugni wanted to be a 'unmarried' mistress or as some members said legally married to TVS (only I still don't get how she could be legally married to him, if his wife is healthy and well and not legally divorced). But as I said'to each their wn..am not here as a ethical or moral police')..

I am extremely offended with the underlined lines'making such generalized statement only has the intention of stopping a healthy discussion'I am hoping the mods are looking at this'and beside, please explain how is this related to the topic at hand'.

Wow.  I really didn't realize that she was saying that.  That really is offensive, but I'm not angry.  I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say that you were just frustrated when you said that...which sometimes happens. 

The remarrying because the first wife didn't produce a male child does happen...and that actually happens in OTHER countries as well.  BUT that is against the Indian laws.  

You should probably apologize for that comment...this is JUST my suggestion.  I really do now want to see a feud between religions and countries.

Edited:  WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ShockedShocked  I totally meant to say "I really do NOT want to see a feud among different religions and countries."  
Thank goodness I caught it before someone really kicked my tush.  LOL  LOL  

It is definitely time for me to get some sleep and save everyone from my disastrous views.  Sleepy

Edited by XAiShBaBy08X - 11 August 2012 at 1:18am

Kalapi

pyar-ishk IF-Stunnerz
pyar-ishk
pyar-ishk

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
You made you statement and I made mine if yours wasn't intended to be offensive then why will what I said underline be offensive. My point regardless if is legal courtroom which many people never use cause most issues stay and is resolve in the family Involving the court is like involving an outsider. As for the comment about husband marrying a second time either his decision or family pressure to get heir does happen. 

I  don't have a issue about having a healthy discussion. I know how to agree to disagree without imposing my views on others or being disrespectful. 

The topic was about a custom don't see the where is was necessary to bring the characters in here. I know the forum is about show where the characters be discussed but this topic wasn't one of them that's my point and if you disagree is fine. 

As for MODS regarding my comment, I didn't say anything that is deemed disrespectful to any culture or person. This something that do happen in not just in India but other countries too. If MOD's feel otherwise then am sure they let me know. 

Edited by pyar-ishk - 10 August 2012 at 11:48pm
XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

Hinduism allowed polygamy, in fact there are examples of even women having multiple husbands  Xia, but the Indian constitution bans more than one marriage according to the Hindu marriage act and the courst doesn't recognize other than one marriage...

I apologize.  I wasn't clear enough.  I meant Hindus aren't allowed to marry again according to the constitutional law.  They definitely did in the past.  Most of the kings had more than one wife.  I mean.  Even Draupadi had 5 husbands.  People still marry more than once...but now they can be taken to court.  I should have been clearer.  Thanks for pointing this out!

Edited by XAiShBaBy08X - 11 August 2012 at 12:03am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index