Balika Vadhu

TOI: Dont tell me how to dress-Pratyusha

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Dont tell me how to dress 

TVs Anandi Pratyusha Banerjee hits out at whats happening in her home state Jharkhand,where posters warn of acid attacks on girls wearing jeans 

Stuti Agarwal 

Pratyusha Banerjee,who came to Mumbai from Jamshedpur (Jharkhand),has become a household name today as Anandi from Colors Balika.And like Anandi,Pratyusha too has some clear views and principles which she will never compromise on.Excerpts from a n interview... 

There are posters in your hometown warning of acid attacks on girls wearing jeans or not wearing dupattas.What do you feel about this 

Id just say,guys,get a life! This is a democracy where nobody has the right to tell others how to dress! This is totally wrong and the police and government should do something about it.I,for one,will never follow this when I go to Jharkhand.Why should I stop living because of what others say Who cares for acid attack threats Ill wear what I want to.

Have you ever faced any problems in Mumbai because of your small-town background 

I am called narrow-minded because of my values and upbringing.I am labelled that way because I dont change boyfriends too often and dont have too many affairs.I think I am quite cool and fun-loving.I party once in a while.If people want to call me narrow-minded even then,I have no issues with it.

How are you spending your birthday today 

Its my 21st birthday today.I will be throwing a nice party.This will be the first party Ill be hosting in Mumbai.I will be calling over my Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa friends including Bharti,Deepak,Jia and Nishant.

How was your experience at JDJ 

In Deepak,I got the best partner possible.I miss the show a lot.I agree that dance is not my forte since I am more of an actor.The hectic schedule was taking a toll on my health.And as everyone knows by now,I am a bit of a delicate darling.I had dengue and due to over-exertion,I had to be admitted to the ICU.Thats why I quit the show.I was not eliminated.

What are your future plans 

I want to work in Bollywood,but then again,I will not do dare-bare scenes.Its my dream to act with Shah Rukh Khan.Three-four years down the line,I want to settle down.Bachpan se sapna tha meri shaadi hogi I love the idea of marriage.I will get married to a guy of my parents choice.Whether I work or not will depend on the family I become a part of.Even if I dont act,I will still do something.Maybe,start a business,open an academy or get into direction.Nothing is permanent in life and thats why I am not desperate.I believe in destiny.

You have been in the news for your heartbreak when you split with Makrand Malhotra 

After coming to Mumbai,I was in a relationship.I broke up and I admit that it was a terrible period for me since I was very serious about my relationship.I dont know why it didnt work out.Maybe there are better things lined up for me in future.

How similar are you in real life to your character Anandi 

Anandi is very mature for her age.Thats so like me.I believe maturity comes with time and experiences in life.Thats what I have gained having braved it alone in Mumbai since 2009.Today,I owe everything that I am to my family and the experiences life has given me.

POINT OF VIEW: Pratyusha Banerjee 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sukanyasylviathe_Rijrusha4003cs-07monamie111arorasurbhiPiyuu_SRKmilindrose

cs-07 IF-Dazzler
cs-07
cs-07

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
lovely girl. mature and not a snotty one like some :) 

Edited by nirvanlove - 09 August 2012 at 11:32pm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top