Aditya Sugni jodi further confirmed - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
@atria : Completely agree

I dont find consistency in G character any more . Rather Mama & mami are same ...
There are too many things can be explored ..hopefully we get to see them in future ...relation between TJS & G , TJS wife & G , Kuhu & TJS son , adi & amrita , vikram & reva & sugini , Dhanuma & vikram & family ..i feel dhanuma is something up to vikram & mama ( one who getting marry to G) ...Villagre relationship with sugini family & how sugini face thakur .

Too many things can explore and same time devloping relaitonship of sugivi . 😛😆
Originally posted by zeezee55

I guess i must have been watching anotehr PSH...i thought Sugni wanted to break the bedni tradition.  every young girl dreams of getting married... that is normal but it is not the end all and be all of her dreams. I remember one episode where Sugni forced her mother to run away... if not to be independent and to break the tradition - then what for she wanted to run - to fulfill her dreams of getting married?

I don't like Sugvi and i have given my reasons on other posts - i shall not repeat them there.

Adi - i see him as someone who reversed his opinion after what gulabiya did - her act had hit his heart more than anything else and i think he begain to see the bednis in a different light.  But he is right - can TVS given sugni the respect of a Thakureiin - won't she always be branded a bedni but who was smarter to get married ...

No i think Sugni needs to mature more and be respected in her own right. 

Sugni + Vikram or Sugni + Adi ; well i many not like certain relationships but right now ...frankly my dear i don't care anymore...

You're watching the same show but you just interpret it differently. Sugni isn't trying to change the mindset of anybody or to stop bedni practices. Sugni only goal is to have a normal married life with a husband that was said in the very first episode. That is her one and only dream and the reason she wanted to leave the village and go to the city cause she felt they'll have a better chance at a normal life. Even if Reva wasn't alive Sugni will always be known a Vik second wife and all Adi is saying based on what sugni want which is to be the only woman in her husband life, Vik won't be able to fulfill that cause Reva lives on.

@ blue: this I completely agree with Sugni need to maturity
Originally posted by Laila2009

Asking me to forget this jodi? Well of course that would come from someone who does not like the SugnvI jodi . I  guess you and I are watching another show or as you have claimed that it is not a jodi that you care about or want in this show.  Perhaps the Aditya-Sugni jodi is more to your liking.You and I know that this show is ABOUT this jodi...it is NOTHING about Sugni becoming an independent woman. The writers did way with that storyline three months ago...the story is about her and Aditya getting together in the end...her becoming her own woman is just a claim that the writers are making and thta will NEVER happen. 

First of all the print in black are assumptions. Because the post you were replying to actually did not say anything about liking Adini. Secondly you need to respect the opinion of the person who replied to your post but instead you kinda forced your own opinion on her. And some of the things you said are not really respectable:   "I guess your watching a different show...the show is nothing about sugni becoming independent the story is about Adini getting closer (forcing ur opinion)...writers are making that will NEVER happen (how do you know)".

To the moderator.  I fully support your motive. I cannot see a person being betrayed and lied to and calling it love. Whatever vikram's love , i would never trust such a person. furthtermore he is MARRIED, that puts sug in the same position she is running from. that is not romance. I agree the story is about sug, being for one woman man with no baggage of ex, mad wife etc, her dreams, her goals and endeavours to making it a reality,  ignoring and conquering the old tranished traditions,her strength, her dignity, self respect, her mother's approvals and support, its about empowering the woman, not degrading her or making her settle for the crumbs it should show how she has evolved by gettting on her feet.
Originally posted by sdias

They actually spun a tale to fit in with the theme: BEDINIS. This is actually from what I see - a story of the lifestyle and plight of the Bedini community in India. Where they are today. What they have become. Who they are and what they think. What the people in their lives do to them. And then the new aspect of the new generation that is fighting to get out of this mess - the stigma of being called a Bedini for life and dancing for a Thakur hoping he'd do her Sardhakai for her living.
This story is therefore focused on the life of one particular Bedini and the life of this community is told to us through the eyes of a Bedini called Sugni.
Sugni has a dream - she wants to change her role in life. Become a woman who can marry without simply falling short of it. And of  course their lives revolve around not only their own community but also that of the Thakurs - because of whom they continue this Rai.
This story as I see it tries to personify the life of a Bedini and how those wanting to get out of it fight hard but might lose at times but then become stronger and challenge themselves more to move ahead in life. And most of all this strength that is there in them is because of Phir Subah Hogi: that one day their dreams of a thousand nights known only too well by the silent stars of the night, would become a reality.
So while Sugni and Vickram looked great together (and I preferred it too) this story I believe tries to tell what happens to Sugni and a differently thinking Thakur and how her life changed because of him and the strength she built up in herself to face her future and if she marries Adi then how she would live with this new person in her life.
Guys always concentrate on the title PHIR SUBAH HOGI - this helps to clarify what the story is about - its not about any jodi or a thakur its all about a bedini about to change her life so she could live her dream.
Sdias, excellent post!!! Here's where I have the issue...if Sugni and Vikram cannot be together, I can live with this..I have said this several times on this forum. However, what I cannot stomach is the Sugni-Aditya story or him coming to rescue her and the family,especially Gulabiya receiving him with open arms. Aditya has done nothing except go to the haveli and find Gulabiya there...and bring Reva to the wedding - and that too to humliate his uncle and protect his mentally unstable aunt. What interest did he have in helping Sugni for whom he had NO respect. 

Marrying TVS would have made this a Cinderella story...but her marrying Aditya makes it even more so...plus, he is the nephew of the man she was supposed to marry and the fiance of her good friend. To say that it is OK for him to be with Sugni because he is not married to her in my eyes does not make this relationship (Adi-Sugni) any better than TVS-Sugni's.

Sugni actually did find a way to be financially independent, but her father put an end to it in the Village Council and forced her back into the life of a Bedini and her mother a prostitute. It so happened that TVS confessed his love and gave her employment. It would really be uncreative and revolting if the writers have Sugni work for Reva or the family again. Plus this Reva-Sugni friendship is awful...if Sugni had any dignity left she wouldn't even think of visiting the house or befriending anyone in the family...except keeping her friendship with Amrita.
Originally posted by survi035

First of all the print in black are assumptions. Because the post you were replying to actually did not say anything about liking Adini. Secondly you need to respect the opinion of the person who replied to your post but instead you kinda forced your own opinion on her. And some of the things you said are not really respectable:   "I guess your watching a different show...the show is nothing about sugni becoming independent the story is about Adini getting closer (forcing ur opinion)...writers are making that will NEVER happen (how do you know)".

Survi035, No, they are NOT assumptions. The person WROTE this on a thread on the same day and time she wrote on this thread AND she wrote it here. Plus I asked and suggested if this was MORE to her liking the Adi-Sugni jodi...I did not say it was.
For the past THREE months this show has foused on the TVS-Sugni jodi; the produers fired Anju and replaced him with Nandesh to promote the Sugni-Aditya jodi - their bread-butter IS this jodi. Every article and interview written about this show focused on Aditya rescuing her Sugni and her falling for him. So with so much evidence promoting jodis, how can you just say that it is "my opnion" or that I am forcing it on her when I am simply stating what is the original premise of this show? 

Thanks
Edited by Laila2009 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by eastmeetswest

To the moderator.  I fully support your motive. I cannot see a person being betrayed and lied to and calling it love. Whatever vikram's love , i would never trust such a person. furthtermore he is MARRIED, that puts sug in the same position she is running from. that is not romance. I agree the story is about sug, being for one woman man with no baggage of ex, mad wife etc, her dreams, her goals and endeavours to making it a reality,  ignoring and conquering the old tranished traditions,her strength, her dignity, self respect, her mother's approvals and support, its about empowering the woman, not degrading her or making her settle for the crumbs it should show how she has evolved by gettting on her feet.

Oh really, so all those couples on screen that lied to there husbands, wives, boyfriend & girlfriend for there protection or for the betterment of there family there love isn't real? So when the other half find out the partner has been lying he / she should understand there other half don't love them so they should divorce or break relation?

Life isn't black and white it has grey shades, if everybody live on the straight and narrow we won't be on earth we will be in heaven. Since we're not angels but humans beings with flaws we have find ways to forgive not condemn.

Nobody here is excusing Vik lie or fault Sugni for leaving him and was his own doing he shouldn't have lied but to say his love isn't worthy cause he lied is just crazy.

God forgive us everyday for sinning and people want to out cast somebody cause he lied Vik character is closest to real life you can get cause all those pavitra hero's on screen don't exist.

As for the marriage those plans were made before he find out the wife is alive and now that truth is out Sugni made her decision. That is what I wanted that a person should always be given the freedom to make there own decisions and no one have the right to have it taken which Vik was trying to do for Sugni

Originally posted by atria

Agreed that the theme might be the life of bedinis. But just the theme does not make a serial. The different characters, actors, dialogues, screenplay etc all play a part. And yes the jodis play a part also. If not they could have shown the struggle of a woman by herself, but the romance angle is necessary so that it doesn't become a documentary. So the jodi, and the thakurs (as complementary to the bedinis) are both required.

Regarding future storyline... By putting SugVi together, the bedini story could be continued as well, her acceptance as a thakurain won't come just with TVS but with the whole society accepting her, and there was plenty of other stories to be carried out there, like clashes with other thakurs like Jwala Singh. At this point joining her to Adi in fact would be more of a standard triangular love story especially if TVS turns negative. That could happen with any woman, not just a bedini. So if the story is about just a bedini then actually the Adi angle does not make much sense to me.

I think my biggest crib is the inconsistency in the storyline and characters. Sugni has been fairly consistent but the other characters are sometimes hard to recognize. They showed TVS as a strong, principled, egoistical man, then in the Reva case, he is shown depending on Dhanuma of all people, and just not taking a decision for days on end till literally forced to do so. Really? Right or wrong, the original TVS would have taken a decision, not gone with the flow as this one has.  Adi had a strong dislike of bedinis that simply disappeared with his father's ashes. Moreover, he had a strong dislike of Sugni for other reasons, and now he is the one championing her cause, insulting his mamaji (whom he revered earlier) left right and center. Gulabiya was shown as a rather oppressed woman, who, though she has principles, has never quite dared to stand up for them, even when her daughter was nearly raped, or when her family was starved by the thakurs. Now suddenly she is fighting TVS like a tigress. From being impoverished and starved, she is going around in taxis doing detective work. Other interesting characters have simply been dropped. TJS and his family are out of the picture, the rivalry between TVS and TJS and Sugni's confrontation with her father have never been fully explored.There was one scene between Kuhu and TJS son, now Kuhu has been reduced to some sort of messenger in the house. Amrita, from a confident woman, has been reduced to an insecure one, and now has been sent off to Delhi so she's not there to remind Adi he has a fiancee. Everything seems to be hurried just to force Adi Sugni together, and as a viewer I can barely recognize the show I started watching.
Excellent post and I have to say a very well argued one.  The romance angle can add the "fluff" to the story but should not be the core and that is exactly what is happening here...the TVS-Sugni-Aditya is what this show is about and it just happens to be with Bedinis as opposed to some girl from Punjab running away to England 😉 It does not make this show unique when it takes that stand.

You are spot on with your observations and I too agree that this is show is a far cry from what I used to watch in the beginning. The characters have changed so drastically and I too agree that it is done to promote the Sugni Aditya jodi...sending Amrita off to Delhi was the finally step..and the writers will even forget about her as well in order to make this romance happen.

I caught a glimpse of the pre-cap with TVS unshaven, sad and forlorn and thought, goodness he's a far cry from the character they presented to us. If he was supposed to be such a bad guy, then why even bother to make us like him? No-one has such a 180 personality and if he did, then they should have done a better job of creating someone who could change like that - it's not believable. The same can be said regarding the changes in personality with all the other characters...just not believeable.
Originally posted by pyar-ishk

Oh really, so all those couples on screen that lied to there husbands, wives, boyfriend & girlfriend for there protection or for the betterment of there family there love isn't real? So when the other half find out the partner has been lying he / she should understand there other half don't love them so they should divorce or break relation?

Life isn't black and white it has grey shades, if everybody live on the straight and narrow we won't be on earth we will be in heaven. Since we're not angels but humans beings with flaws we have find ways to forgive not condemn.

Nobody here is excusing Vik lie or fault Sugni for leaving him and was his own doing he shouldn't have lied but to say his love isn't worthy cause he lied is just crazy.

God forgive us everyday for sinning and people want to out cast somebody cause he lied Vik character is closest to real life you can get cause all those pavitra hero's on screen don't exist.

As for the marriage those plans were made before he find out the wife is alive and now that truth is out Sugni made her decision. That is what I wanted that a person should always be given the freedom to make there own decisions and no one have the right to have it taken which Vik was trying to do for Sugni

Thank you for an excellent response...goodness I am overwhelmed at the harshness I am witnessing towards lovers who lie. While I am not condoning such behavior, it does happen even with the best of people and intentions. It's the worst thing we can do as it does destroy a relationship.  But even the best of relationships have come back to life...that's why we have marriage and family counseling 😊
Originally posted by Laila2009

On  June 15

BTW, if Aditya and Sugni are so wonderful a jodi (and the CVs think it will be so popular), then why is there no FB page with them or any FB page promoting this jodi?

I must say ... I am not going to promote adi sugni pair 4 me is the bad idea and the bad news for us SUGVI fans !!!
if they wanted to show vikram is evil they had to do it b4...\

who doesn't lie ??? they behave like he has killed somebody ... yes he was married trying to save his love and he said one thing...if i leave reva ... then ill b the great ?

I just think that - He can leave reva divorce her and take care of her after divorce... why not people do that... !!!
Edited by ronshaan - 11 years ago