Salman Khan: 'I'm in a dangerous position'

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

PA Images

Salman Khan has said he is in a dangerous place in his career as he does not know what to do next.

The 46-year-old actor has had three back-to-back hits with Wanted, Dabangg and Bodyguard.

Speaking to PTI, Khan said: "I am happy that my films are doing well. But it is a very dangerous position to be in, as we don't know what to do in the next film. I don't know what to do right now.

"If there is a larger-than-life character in films that I do, then it looks like no one can kill him, which will get boring. If you take a film to a larger level then it is like too much is happening, if you don't take it to that level then it feels like first was better. You don't know what to do."

Despite his last three films grossing around 200 crores each, the actor added that he doesn't feel the pressure of the box office for Ek Tha Tiger.
"I don't feel the pressure... if it does not do well then it does not. We will see it in the next film. If a film is good it will do well. If it is a bad film, it will bomb at the box office. I believe audience is always right," he said.

"The Rs 100 crore club is just a PR workshop. The person who has come to watch a good film, if he likes it he will come again either with family or friends.

"The number of times he watches the film is good for all of us, for the movie as a whole, the producers, theatre, exhibitors and artists."

The actor also explained that he credits his success in films to luck, saying: "I think I have been lucky to have got good films. It is the passion that keeps me going. I like my job and it has turned into my hobby and I enjoy doing it."

Ek Tha Tiger marks the first time that Khan has teamed up with Yash Raj Films in his career. Speaking about the association, the actor said: "There is a right time for everything. And Ek Tha Tiger came at right time and place."

The film releases on August 15

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing😊 i'm sure ETT will do well, inshallah😊Edited by Tazeen_Rida2004 - 11 years ago
Whatever that is supposed to mean.

But it is a very dangerous position to be in, as we don't know what to do in the next film. I don't know what to do right now

Go to jail! 
With ticket prices in the 1000's. How's a movie supposed to flop?

You're good to go Sallu. Keep bringing crap on any of the 4 major long weekends and keep minting money.

Sanju_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
LOL he is so right...his all films...all back to back are being huge hits and now God forbid, if one movie comes that doesn't do too well, then speculations will start that Salman is gone...he no longer has the crowd pulling charisma and all that😆

he really is in a dangerous position in terms of his career
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Tazeen_Rida2004

Thanks for sharing😊 i'm sure ETT will do well, inshallah😊

Yes, im sure #ETT will rock
^😕 a 1000 rupees? what? how is that even possible? I paid 500 (or less) for Murder 2 when I went to India last year. 
Mistyy thumbnail
he is too mellow, i got bored...where is the spice Salman ?
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail