Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
TOI: Low TRPs means no airtime for TV shows
Saloni Bhatia, TNN | Aug 10, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read more:Yeh Rishtaa Kya Kehlaata Hai|uttaran|Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai|Bhaiya Aur Brother|balika vadhu

Low TRPs means no airtime for TV shows

Many TV shows that have not garnered high TRPs in the first 3-6 months have been pulled off air

While on the one hand, we have shows like Balika Vadhu,
Yeh Rishtaa Kya Kehlaata Hai and Uttaran which are still going strong after more than 800 episodes, there are some shows which don't even manage to reach the 100-episode mark. Bhai, Bhaiya Aur Brother which started with much hype only two months back is going off air on August 10. The show will be replaced by Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai.

This trend has been visible on Indian television in the last one year. Earlier, the shows were given a longer run if they were not garnering high TRPs or were shifted to an evening or afternoon slot, but now they are shown the exit door if they fail to gain enough viewers' attention. Industry insiders say that small-budget shows are usually given a time of six months to establish themselves, but big-budget ones are only given a window of three months to gain viewer interest. If they are unable to do so, they are pulled off air. But, doesn't this indicate that the makers have to incur huge losses? "We are informed well in advance when the show has to be taken off air. The channel had informed us two weeks back that Bhai, Bhaiya Aur Brother will be going off air," said Deven Bhojani, co-producer of the show. We bring you a list of some shows which came, but couldn't conquer.

Bhai, Bhaiya Aur Brother (51 episodes)
June 4-August 10, 2012: This story of three brothers who unite after a gap of 15 years, featured known actors like Sooraj Thapar and Vrajesh Hirjee. It was also touted to be the comeback of filmmaker Vipul Amrutlal Shah to telly after a long gap. But, the show failed to live up to its billing and could only garner a TRP of 0.8. Sooraj, one of the lead actors of the show says, "Maybe the presentation style was not good. The situations are almost similar in every comedy show; it's the characterisation which makes a difference. Somewhere, the characters didn't work and the humour was not very good. Also, the competition from Balika Vadhu and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon in the 8pm time slot affected the show."

Shubh Vivah (89 episodes)
February 27-June 29, 2012: Shubh Vivah was the remake of a popular Tamil show Metti Oli, but could hardly last the distance. Poor TRPs, a hackneyed plot and stiff competition from Sasural Simar Ka sounded the death knell for this show.

Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein (91 episodes)
February 14-June 16, 2012: While experts say that Indian telly is coming of age and accepting progressive themes, a number of critics say that the Indian audiences still want these storylines to be confined within a family setup. Thus, this love story of an ordinary girl and a RAW agent didn't go down too well with the viewers. Despite a novel concept, the show was clean bowled even before it could cross a century.

Aasman Se Aage (63 episodes)
April 23-July 13, 2012: Promising the viewers to give a sneak peek into the dirty world of reality television, the show featured Apoorva Agnihotri in a negative role for the first time on small screen. But the show couldn't last the mile and was taken off air within four months of its launch. Kushal Punjabi, one of the actors on the show had told us some time back, "The show should have been given a longer run. It was a novel concept and would have become popular slowly."

Ammaji Ki Galli (70 episodes)
June 20 to August 22, 2011: After the success of comedy series Shararat, this was considered to be Farida Jalal's comeback to the genre. However, critics raised questions on her being the protagonist in a comedy, a genre that is considered to be male-centric. Less TRPs ensured that the show was pulled off air within two months.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Low-TRPs-means-no-airtime-for-TV-shows/articleshow/15419142.cms

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vampyrgirlrichaanizorApoorvaFanshanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Low TRPs means no airtime for TV shows" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anizor

IF-Dazzler

anizor

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing, as the article says asa should have got more time,unusual stories do take time to catch.or they should have promoted more.it requires a diffrent audience ,in time it would have done good.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFanswethasyam08shanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Thanks swetha

I am extremely unhappy with the way they treated Aasman Se Aage, Life(Not)Ok is a ruthlessOuchOuch  channel according to me who care two hoots to novel shows,

Anyways after watching Aasman Se Aage all the other shows seem thanda, since Aasman Se Aage is the apex of all shows, Its way on top with all these fraud talks about TRP's manipulations & all the so called dramas in the shows all are shows in the behind the scenes of every show as all follow the same formula...

More than the channel the audience who have herd mentality will never move to watch some intelligent shows which work a lot on understanding how human mind works or how emotions and thrive to seek ones goal can play games with individual...The BIG audience is seeing only the surface shows they will never understand the root and the foundation of how the shows are made and ASA is what it is !! ClapClap

All the actors in this show have been disappointed as the channel did'nt give room for the show to grow, I see the step treatment done by the channel for this show and they will not have an answer and blame it on TRP when they themselves did not do justice to promote the show properly...

No show can be as kickass as Aasman Se AageClapClapClap , Its a bible of dramas & reality show & beautifully made and a complete package,All actors where well etched... Loads of it was there to show, now when I see any reality show or any news about any television show  all which comes to my mind is Aasman Se Aage... This is what means novel and the rest is recycled material packaged and n number of shows carry the same tag...

Kushal well said they should have given time but these channels & audience don;t get novel shows its proven what they always watch ..

And I beleieve in another article the producer Nilanjana said that the channel has told that
"We spoke to the channel but they seem to want to change the line-up and there was nothing we could do about that.
& what else can the line up be than getting the same saas bahu type of shows to be promoted & only family dramas or chunks of love stories...Confused

I feel really bad for the entire cast who put so much for the show, loads of effort was put esepically with entertaining with dance side of the reality TV & the fictional aspect ...

Such a treat it was especially showing both aspects so well ClapClap The production house take a bow to have made such a beautiful show , there are JDJ, indian idol , the saas bahu shows  the love stories shows, but you put fiction & reality with the behind the scnes what ever is shown in the dramas the fundas comes only from ASA...

Miss Apurva who made a phenomenal character DC ..A real character & exists in this world...and tailor-made NOT larger than Life which others are ...  No character has been so layered as his just terrific with a T & O please not at all Negative, grey and highly positive pulling out the inner strength of individual ClapClap He ignited Meenakshi who would have never come up in the jungle & be a warrior ...

I hope Apurva comes back in a show soon this show has proved his versatility as an amazing actor top class Clap who had the guts to show a new change off saas bahu dramas & bring a new breeze to understanding individual strength & how glamor world would take a ride to a new beginning and what price one would have to pay to be famous...He is highly dejected with this TRP system , yet I will wait for his return & hope it happens sometime as he is real TV for me...

Shows are full of Dramas & only dramas ASA is the Baap of all these dramas...Thumbs Up

Love you Aasman Se Aage as Akshat said.. on the second last episode.. I say Love you ASA alwaysHug as its very close to me and Apurva's character DC has top the category of all the characters...Hope & wished they had continued with DC-Meenakshi story which was left hanging for our imagination .. and greedy as I can be wished for a new season of ASA ... But alias... Donno if this will be fulfilled ever...

just quite frustrated with this so called system,  & also this shows going on forever has to be stopped when they can pull out a show which was No1 on the TRP chart every other show long running should  end & give room to shows who are big budget or small budget ... Otherwise why the HECK they make these GOD daam rules...Angry

Edited by shanti05 - 10 August 2012 at 11:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.