-- Who Married First : Shiv or Vishnu --

ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

As you have read the topic, you all might have known what this discussion is all about.

Actually I am in a big doubt and need a help in knowiing about the weddings of Tridevs. I remember, in the show"JAI MAHA LAKSHMI", directed by Sagars, they showed that in the wedding of Vishnu and Lakshmi, Shiv-Gauri (as per I know, Gauri is another name of Parvati) were present to attend the wedding ceremony and to bless the couple.

But in DkDM its shown that Vishnu-Lakshmi are already married,,, and here, they are attending the ceremony.

Can anyone please tell, in real which couple got married first . Is it Shiv-Gauri or Vishnu-Lakshmi ?
Edited by ankita2804 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lovely.Heart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Siv-Parvati wedded first. Mata Laxmi was actually born after SAGAR MANTHAN and they got married after SAGAR MANTHAN... 
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
parvati lakshmi and saraswathi are part of adhisakthi.
sati died and came back as parvathi.
as for lakshmi she was there with vishu from the begining. but after sagar charn she got her adhisakthi gyan and came back as mahalaskmi.
ritika06 thumbnail
Lakshmi,Saraswati are all ansh of adishakti.they have always existed.I had seen an old serial.when Brahma and Vishnu were created,adishakti too created Lakshmi and saraswati.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Laxmi was always existstant-however its only during the Samudra Manthan she came out in her Mahalaxmi form,and it was then she married Vishnu...so first Shiva then Vishnu
They havent shown them married as such-at present you can say she is his consort,like how Saraswati is to Bramha,later on she married Vishnu
i hope they do show Vishnu and Laxmis wedding during the Samudra Manthan!
ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ohhh... THanks for the knowledge... 😊
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

Laxmi was always existstant-however its only during the Samudra Manthan she came out in her Mahalaxmi form,and it was then she married Vishnu...so first Shiva then Vishnu

They havent shown them married as such-at present you can say she is his consort,like how Saraswati is to Bramha,later on she married Vishnu
i hope they do show Vishnu and Laxmis wedding during the Samudra Manthan!

yes Lakshmi is eternal like shakti and as Shakti took Avatar as Sati and Parvati Lakshmi was also reborn from the sea
Nishajos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It is like asking who came first the chicken or the egg. Bahut confusing hai. But I would like to think Shiv and Parvati as their where the first couple to ever have such an elaborate wedding. 
Strawbella thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing that till now Minu hasn answered this question😃
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: Strawbella

Amazing that till now Minu hasn answered this question😃

Because it''s already answered in previous posts. Lakshmji, Saraswatiji & Shakti were forms of Aadi Shakti, they were Vishnuji, Brhmaji & Shivji's consorts.
From the pov of getting married following, all the rituals, Shivji & Parvati's marriage was the first among all. Lakshmiji when appeared from Samudra at the time of Samudra-manthan had put garland around Vishnuji's neck & chosen him as her husband.
Sometimes back there was a post regarding Keeping Shivji-Parvati as sakshi while getting married. When asked by the groom why they don't take Vishnuji & Lakshmiji's name? The pundit performing the marriage rituals had answered Shivji- Parvati were the only one who had got married following the Vedic rituals.