India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Was Nidhi being Selfish? (Page 6)

ssktlk Senior Member
ssktlk
ssktlk

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
She did not join work to escape responsibilities at home. But I feel, because of the pressure of motherhood, her interest towards her career grew more and she realised that she has done mbbs, and this is for those who have no aim in life etc etc. As for Ashu firing her in the beginning, was due to his realisation that he loved her, and guilt, he always pushed her away from himself, though am not justifying that.  Ashu waited 42 years for Nidhi without knowing whom he was waiting for, his life was an endless desert. But now that he has Nidhi and they love each other so deeply, its hard for him to wait, hence he said he thought his loneliness was gone, but its still there.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

subashniSSA777

Fattoom Goldie
Fattoom
Fattoom

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssktlk

As for Ashu firing her in the beginning, was due to his realisation that he loved her, and guilt, he always pushed her away from himself, though am not justifying that.  
But jus bcz of his realization of love n guilt he fired Nidhi n destroyed her future n career !! not fair ! 

Ashu waited 42 years for Nidhi without knowing whom he was waiting for, his life was an endless desert. But now that he has Nidhi and they love each other so deeply, its hard for him to wait, hence he said he thought his loneliness was gone, but its still there.
Am not blaming Ashu for his desire , as i said earlier that both AshNi r right Smile But Ashu never ever talked about this after marriage ( about the baby ) until DB told him Confused so i think its DB to b blamed for the baby issue .. oh DB Angry

btw , nice topic .. but still my pov is , Nidhi was NOT selfish Smile

ssktlkttrocks

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

I don't know about selfish but I found her thoughtless today on two occasions...

She is either not seeing or refusing to see that Ashutosh's consent to her desire is not wholehearted...what DB is able to ses, she is not for whatever reason...the minute she sees his face drop on the meniton of the B word, she says how can you be this way when we agreed not to talk about it for two years...and when he says he is unable to hide what is in his heart, then she says let us talk...which part of what she said is he supposed to take seriously...no wonder he said she won't understand...

The next morning, she sees him upset...and taunts him by saying that he was probably regretting not having driven a harder bargain...if this is not insensitive, then I don't know what is!

I echo you Smile Nidhi is not at all selfish,she has rather got trapped in Ashu's complicated psychologies.
ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Oh its ok.. u dun hv to correct me... i FEEL its EGO ... Embarrassed

Tanu, I am not correcting you on what you feel...I only said that I did not imply ego...and you had quoted me here...otherwise we are entiltled to see it either way!

Yh thts what i was meaning that.. i mite hv written wrongly quoting u.. but i personally feel its Ego.. Smile

I second you Tanujee, its EGO, only EGO.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Found an appropriate... quote.. thanks to a friend

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a b****." 

Bette Davis

Edited by Armu4eva - 09 August 2012 at 10:53pm

sun29ttrocks

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ahlaweya

No , i dont think that Nidhi was selfish !! ya few of her behaviors were unlikable in y'day epi ( in the cabin scene with Ashu & DB ) , but she was not selfish at all !! 
but am not saying that Ashu was wrong either , i think both AshNi r right in their places Smile as we can understand Ashu's desire of having kids bcz he is getting aged n as Shyama aunty said , he wants to get his familly back through his kids Embarrassed but Nidhi is also right , bcz she wants to live her life n enjoy her married life with Ashu bfr being a mother n get more responsibilities Smile
i jus wanna say 1 thing to Ashu , ( itne saal intizar kar saka Pyaar k liye , toh sirf 2 saal intizar karlo Bache k liye ! what the big deal !!! ) Wink

Originally posted by ssktlk

She was sitting at home since long, not thinking of internship, and now at this juncture she has suddenly become so dedicated, seems like an escape from responsibilities. 
about this thing , i kinda disagree with u ! ya Nidhi was sitting at home since long without working again in a hospital , but she had many reasons ..
as bfr marriage :- firstly , some how Ashu was responsible for that .. bcz he fired her bcz of his anger n stupidity Angry but after that Nidhi at least tried to get some jobs but she was rejected as she was fired frm her ex job !! ( remember that day when she went for IV , n Rohan went to take her frm there for the 1st time n both repaired her car's wheel ) !
n yes she also got a job at Dr.Sunil's hospital but it was bcz of Ashu's recommendation !! so it was next to impossible for Nidhi to get a job as doc bcz she was fired frm her ex hospital .. n fired ppl doesnt gets job easily !! n after breakup , i dont remember if any 1 frm her family encouraged her to get back to work .. its only Ashu who suggested Rohan , n Rohan took her to jevan sandya ! ( n Nidhi got accepted there bcz they needed a doc n it was not a hospital ) ..
n as after marriage :- in the first days of her marriage Nidhi dint thought about it as she was a new dulhan n she wanted to spend her time only with Ashu Embarrassed but after few days Mallu came Angry so Nidhi was only thinking about her n dint got to think abt any thing else !! n Ashu was there in the home all that long so she dint missed him ..
but after Mallu's exit , n Ashu resuming his duty , the home was suna suna so she felt lonely n started missing Ashu !! n she knew the value of the work so that y she rejoined the hospital Smile
NOT to escape from responsibilities !!!

thats my POV Wink

100% agreed !!! Ashu always gets benefit of doubt but for Nidhi, she never gets forgiven let alone understood & heard properly.

GoodOneFattoom

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Found an appropriate... quote.. thanks to a friend

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a b****." 

Bette Davis

ekjactlyyy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

GoodOne Senior Member
GoodOne
GoodOne

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Nidhi is anything but selfish
. U have to be mentally ready to be a mom and she is not ready. She has been married only for 3 months.. With so many ups and downs in her life, she needs to have  a break first and then plunge into something so serious. I think she explained her POV well when she said that bacche ke sath ma bhi janam leti hai . She needs to reach that level where she herself feels that she wants to be a mom. 

Ash has his age issue /ego/fears etc . When 2 people disagree, its not always that one is right and the other is wrong.. Both are right in this case and Both need time to accept  it and learn how to resolve disagreements over major issues without sulking and emotionally blackmailing or taunting the other .

Go to top