Balika Vadhu

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

AnSh SS- Mumbai adventures Note Page 22 (Page 13)

aamirkhanfan IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
it is ok
will wait for the update
u take care

ButterflyChaser IF-Rockerz

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by liv2laugh

Update will be delayed Ouch ... I have a super nasty migraine Ouch

I cannot even sit up properly let alone type or think for that matter Cry

I know you will all be waiting. Sorry for disappointing all of you Ouch Cry

I will start working on the update when I am better which will probably take around 2 days.

Apologies once again Ouch Cry

I understand pain of migraine... so no issues take care... 
dlip IF-Dazzler

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Get well soon!
sdk10 Senior Member

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Superb SS Jhan, so very well written that its like watching BVBig smile Wish you were one of the CVsEmbarrassedDay Dreaming

Get well soonSmile
yogs1 Goldie

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Hey...very nice 1 !!! just loved it :) TongueTongue
sowmyap03 Senior Member

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Pata nahi kyun.. like button kaam nahi kar raha.. but awesome update... loved it.. do continue soon... missed ur updates...
aamirkhanfan IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
how r u now?
liv2laugh IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone

Thank you for your best wishes Hug

I am still not completely back to normal yet because I have had to work and not gotten any rest Dead. So only one update this time. Next update will be over the weekend.

Thank you once again for your patience. I persused all your comments. I will pakka reply to them next time. Thanks a lot once again Hug

You may find this to be a filler update but trust me it is not LOL LOL LOL. OK who am I kidding, I am trying to buy myself some time to see the videos you have all suggested. I had planned this meeting for later, but decided to do it now. Embarrassed

Jagya was seriously annoyed with everyone. It was bad enough that things were kind of shaky between him and Gauri, now this girl was bothering him also. She was someone who had also not taken her exams but in her case it was because of some health reasons. They had met in the library and decided to study together since they were the only repeaters. Their joint studies went well together. She was a nice enough girl but sometimes she did weird things. Like today she suddenly had a craving for bhel and told him she wanted to go and eat it right now. He suggested she eat it when she went home with her husband and she said that he would never allow her to eat street food because he believed that was what had caused her illness in the first place. Jagya told her that he thought her husband was right and that she should wait until after the exams to eat any street food. But the girl was so insistent and not allowing him to study that he finally gave in and went with her. He told her they would come right back after she ate bhel and study.

She agreed and they went to some roadside stall. He stood there while she ordered the bhel and then next thing he knew, she was trying to force him to eat it all the while telling him how tasty the bhel was. Jagya tried telling her he was not interested but the girl would not take no for an answer. Finally Jagya told her in no uncertain terms that if she wanted to risk her health that was fine, but he wanted to give the exam this time and therefore would not eat the bhel.  He turned around and walked off. Women!!! As if he did not have one woman irritating him at home, he had to find another irritating woman to be his study buddy. The library was his bolt hole from all the tension at home. But if his study buddy kept this up, he may have to find another venue because he could not afford distractions. He was determined to pass his MS this time and not give Gauri another chance to berate him. With a sigh he went back to his books and decided that if the girl disturbed him again, he would tell her that they could not study together any more.  The library would only be open for a few more hours. He closed his eyes, focused his thoughts and went back to studying. Suddenly he remembered that Gauri had a night shift tonight and he could go home and study in peace. He decided to study for one more hour and then leave.

The Shekars left the temple to go back to their hotel. Anandi looked out of the window and let the conversation flow around her as they discussed what to eat for dinner. She felt strangely at peace. They were debating between chinese food and Italian food. She had never had any of these and was a little confused but since no body sought her opinion she did not say anything. She was ok with whatever they decided because she had to learn to live the way they lived. Just on cue her mother-in-law turned to her and said "Anandi what would you like to have? Do you have a preference?" Shiv's dad interceded "Sorry beta we forgot that you might not like all this. Since you are the newest member you get to pick whatever kind of food you want and we can all go. "

Then Shiv's chioti ma said "Anandi beta please tell us have you ever had any kind of foreign cuisine before?" Anandi owned up to the fact that she had eaten pizza once a a long time ago. Shiv's aunt wanted to know when this was and where she ate it. Even before Anandi could formulate an answer Shiv dad jumped in "Where she at it, with whom she ate it, how she ate it and how much she paid for it are all useless questions at this point. Instead the correct question is whether she liked it and wants to eat it again?" Everyone looked at Anandi and she said "I think it was good. I have forgotten how it tastes because it was a long time ago."

Shiv jumped in and said "Done. Then we are having Italian tonight." His father and grandfather looked at him. Shiv's father said "No son you go have chinese tonight with your mother and aunt, Papaji and me will take Anandi to the Italian restaurant." Shiv groaned thinking he had walked into that one and waited for the teasing that he knew would follow. Just then the Shiv's mom phone rang and told everyone "Please be silent. It is Meetu's call." Shiv's face lit up and he said "Maa I want to talk to her." His mother smiled and said "OK let me talk first." No said daddu "Put her on the speaker phone" and so Iravati did. Iravati said hello and told her she was on the speaker. Then everyone proceeded to say hello and Anandi could see the whole family was excited. She must be family or a family friend Anandi concluded and continued gazing out of the window.

Anandi heard the person scolding her mother-in-law for coming to Bombay and not letting her know. She chided all of them that the only reason she knew was because she called another friend who let her know about Shiv's wedding and how the whole family was in Bombay. She screamed at Shiv's mom for not telling her about the wedding.  She threatened to stop speaking to all of them permanently. Anandi watched fascinated as the rest of the family rolled their eyes while Iravati tried to pacify her friend.  Finally Iravati said "OK Meetu sorry what do you want me to do now? How can I make this up to you? What could we do you were out of the country and we needed the wedding to happen as soon as possible. Our daughter-in-law's mother had passed and she wanted to see her daughter married as her last wish. We did wait 4 months after we found out but you were away in some corner of the world. So we could not let you know. Where have you been for the last 6 months?" She heard the woman tell everyone she was volunteering for doctors without borders in Africa and had just returned a few days ago.

Meetu insisted they all come for dinner that night. Everyone protested but she would have none of it and everyone agreed. Choti maa told her "Meetu meri baat sunn. We are going out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. Why don't you join us please. Our daughter in law wants to eat Italian.." Anandi looked at her surprised but choti maa just smiled. Then Daddu chipped in saying "We are on the other side of town. Why don't we meet somewhere in between. We can actually spend more time together instead of in traffic. Think about it you will actually get to talk to Shiv and his bride" Meetu conceded and agreed to meet them there. The she said "Put your bahu on I want to talk to her no wait let it be a surprise. I will meet her in person." After she hung up daddu turned to Iravati and said "Dodged a bullet or rather a cannon there." Anandi said to choti maa"why did you tell her I wanted to eat Italian food. I never said anything. I can eat whatever all of you want to eat."

Everyone laughed and said "Beta I bet she is still jet lagged. But she is very independent and would have tried to cook for all of us. She has come back from a long trip, I bet she does not even have all the groceries. She will have to go out shopping first and then cook. This way it takes the pressure of her." Then Alok said "Another advantage is that she will do less drama in public." Everyone laughed and Iravati said "She is very special to us because when Shiv was born there were serious complications and thank god for her, both of us made it. She had been a very close family friend for a long time. She is a very nice person. She is a doctor as you may have guessed but also into social work. I am sure you will both get along very well." Anandi smiled and said "I will look forward to meeting her."

Edited by liv2laugh - 15 August 2012 at 6:56pm

The following 38 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top