AnSh SS- Mumbai adventures Note Page 22

liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I know I have many OS' running πŸ˜†. I will try to finish them one by one but this one came to mind. Please hold the joothis for the old ones and tell me how you like this one. 😳

Part I

Anandi, Shiv, Shiv's parents, his aunt and his grandfather had all come to Mumbai for a wedding. Shiv's second cousin was getting married and so the entire family had decide to show up with the newly weds. Anandi did not want to run into Jagya and Gauri. Bhairon knew she was worried had assured her that Mumbai was so big that they would not cross paths. Daadisa further said "Why are you worrying? Go enjoy yourself. Now you are not alone. Shiv and his family are with you."

Upon their arrival in Bombay, they had taken a suite in a nice hotel so that they could all be together. Anandi and Shiv were still getting used to each other. Anandi liked her new in-laws - they were such a fun bunch. They teased Shiv mercilessly until he blushed. They treated her so nicely. Shiv's mother and aunt went out of their way to make her feel comfortable. Shiv's dad and grandfather were always cracking jokes. His grandfather had found a new prey to tell his Army stories - someone who had not heard the stories before unlike the rest of the family who had heard it more times than they could count. πŸ˜† The rest of the family rolled their eyes. They knew how nice she was so after a while his mother or aunt would come rescue her. They noticed that Shiv hung around even though he could tell every single one of those stories himself having heard them so many times. πŸ˜‰

Anandi was at peace with her decision to marry Shiv. Her mother's soul would be at peace. Daadisa and the rest of the family was happy but she still missed her family though she spoke to them every single day.  Today was her mother's birthday and she wanted to go to the temple but she did not want to upset their plans. So she sat there letting the conversation flow around her as they planned the day's events.

Jagya was pensive. His wedding to Gauri had happened but things were not fine between them. Jagya was angry with her because he had discovered the truth about who funded her education from bade papa and was mad because she hid it from him. Gauri had told him that she wanted to tell him but when she contacted his father to confirm it, Bhairon had insulted her and so she did not want to hurt Jagya. Jagya was still upset but agreed to go ahead with the wedding. During the wedding people commented on why there was no one from Jagya's side and this made Jagya miss his family. Gauri made up some story but Jagya was reminded of what Anandi told him about how he had made a world without elder's blessing. Gauri did not seem to care when he brought this up and they had a huge fight. Gauri came and saw Jagya pensive and decided that she was going to try and get him to come around. She had a chat with her mother and her mother convinced her that it was in her best interest to keep Jagat happy.

Gauri came and told Jagya that since they have not gone out in a while, they should go out. Jagat said that they had spent enough money and did not want to spend any more. Gauri told him that they had gotten a lot of gift cards as gifts and that they could use those. She told him she wanted to buy him clothes but he refused. She pleaded and told him that she was sorry for her actions but she only wanted to protect him. She reminded him that he always said they would be there for each other. Jagya relented and agreed to go with her.

The Shekar family decided to go out for some sightseeing. Shiv noticed that Anandi was disturbed and asked her what the matter was. She smiled and said that there was none. Shiv's mother noticed this and went to sit down next to her. She said to her "I am like your mother right. Tell me what you need." Anandi burst into tears and hugged her. Shiv's mother and aunt took a crying Anandi to the bedroom to calm her down.

Shiv tried to go into the bedroom but was stopped by his father and grandfather. Next thing he knew Shiv was hearing it from them about making his wife cry and not taking care of her properly. πŸ˜† Shiv was completely confused as to why she was crying and protested but to no avail. Just then his choti maa came out and called him aside. She told him that it was Anandi's mother's birthday and that is why Anandi was so emotional. She told him that Anandi was still crying and that his mom was consoling her. Shiv felt bad for Anandi and wished he could be with her but he knew she needed his mom now more than she needed him.

Shiv then had an idea. He said to his choti maa "Choti maa its her mother's birthday. I think we should donate clothing to the poor like we do every year when it is one of our birthdays. We could not do anything for her mother when she passed..."

Hearing this Choti maa, Shiv's dad and grandfather all smiled broadly. His grandfather patted him on the back and said "Great idea. This will make her feel better." Shiv's mom came out hearing this and told him "I am proud of you. I think you should go inside. She needs you." As Shiv left, the other four watched him go. Shiv's mother and choti maa decided that the four of them would go out and make the purchases. A flustered Shiv came out to get him mom and said he had discussed this with Anandi and she was crying again. Shiv's mom shook her head at her clueless offspring  and went off inside with his choti maa.

After calming Anandi down who was so overwhelmed that they would do this for her late mother's birthday, Shiv's mother told her that she will make herself ill. She made her promise to rest and made her sleep. Once she fell asleep, she left a worried Shiv in charge and the foursome went off to the market to buy the requisite items. 

Part II - page 2
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/62666172

Part III - page 3
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3140178?pn=3

Part IV - page 5
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/62706506

Part V - page 7
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/62799859

Part VI - page 8
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3140178?pn=8

Part VII - page 8
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3140178?pn=8

Part VIII - page 13
https://hwww.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3140178&TPN=13&#63081535

Part IX - page 16
https://hwww.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3140178&TPN=16&#63273759

Part X - page 17
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/63329389

Edited by liv2laugh - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice one Jhan ! I hope you complete this and don't leave us hanging for long ! 😊
liv2laugh thumbnail
Originally posted by: dixie123

Nice one Jhan ! I hope you complete this and don't leave us hanging for long ! 😊

I don't trust myself so I am working on part 2 now 🀣 🀣 🀣
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: liv2laugh

I don't trust myself so I am working on part 2 now 🀣 🀣 🀣

Good. Although I don't really care for JaGa and especially in between AnSh 😑 but I want to see how AnSh support each other in this. So, ya do it quick !
I have just seen people addressing you as Jhan. Is that your full name ? πŸ˜•
Edited by dixie123 - 11 years ago
shaaranya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 8
Superb!!!
DO update soon!!
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Good one dear...

i guess Shiv's family are an inspiring bunch for writing OSπŸ˜†...i love them and i loved your OS

but pls pls this time update soon and update others too
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wonderful os
waiting for the next part
lavy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very interesting plot. Do continue liv2laugh.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Jhan - you are turning into me with all these incompletesπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
liv2laugh thumbnail
Part II

Shiv's parents, choti maa and grandfather reached the market close to their hotel. Just as they were planning to go shopping for the clothes needed for donation, Shiv's choti maa saw a beautiful saree draped in a shop display and immediately fell in love with it. She pointed it out to Shiv's mother and the two ladies decided to go into the shop. Shiv's father protested "We have come here for a reason and the both of you have started shopping for yourself. Lets finish the shopping and then come back." But the ladies would have none of it and insisted on buying the saree. While Shiv's mom was arguing with them, choti maa went into the store and told the store guy to get it down. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Shiv's mom angrily said to Shiv's dad "I knew you had a problem with my shopping but I want to cheer Anandi up. That saree is for her. You never gave me a daughter but my son has finally got me a daughter-in-law. I always wanted to shop for a girl and now you cannot prevent me from doing that. Khabardaar jo mujhe roka 😑" The men immediately knew they were in trouble when Shiv's mom got into one of these moods. So they changed their tune and went into the store saying there was no need to stop at one and they should definitely get more than one saree...why stop at one πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Shiv's choti maa laughed seeing Shiv's mom marching into the store with a determined expression with the menfolk following wearing suitably chastened expressions. The salesman explained that the manager was out to lunch and he had the keys. He told them that the manager was going to be back in 30-45 minutes and until then they could look at other things and make themselves comfortable. Shiv's choti maa in the meantime delivered a warning that if they gave the saree to anyone else, there would be trouble. Shiv's dadaji and dad also threatened the shopkeeper in true army style and the guy was scared now. πŸ˜† With that done, Shiv's dadaji and dad decided that they had to make up for making Shiv's mom mad and decided to get something else for Anandi. Shiv's grandfather told her that they would also get a saree of his choice and so they busied themselves in looking at more sarees.

Gauri and Jagya arrived at the market and entered the store because they had a card to that store. Gauri looked longingly at the beautiful saree on display and checked out the price. She was so tempted to buy it for herself. It was a pretty expensive saree and they could not afford both this and Jagya's clothes. She really wanted to buy the saree using the gift card and let Jagya fend for himself. Then she remembered what her mother had said about making up with Jagat. So reluctantly she turned towards the men's section. They went to the men's section and started looking at things. They were very solemnly looking at shirts and pants when they heard laughter coming from across the room. Gauri were attracted to the laughter and walked over to see what was happening leaving Jagya to browse for clothes. She could see that a family composed of two men and two women were choosing sarees. There was already a small hillock of sarees in the reject pile. The old man yelled at the salesman waving his cane at him "We are choosing for our new daughter-in law no our new daughter. Show us some good things. This is all poor quality." The poor salesman looked terrified. πŸ˜† The two women muffled their laughter and rolled their eyes at his demands. Shiv mom and choti maa knew what a perfectionist dadji was and that he would not stop until he found the perfect saree. They selected a few sarees among the ones spread out in order to donate to the poor. Then Choti maa went off to get the men's clothes.

As the salesman went off inside to get some more sarees, the family continued talking amongst themselves. Shiv's mom said to Shiv's dad "Let me call your son and find out how my bahu is doing?" Shiv mom went off to make the call. The others sat there chatting and waiting for the manager to return. Gauri watched as the other lady returned and got into a discussion what else they were going to buy for their new daughter-in-law in order to cheer her up. They then proceeded to discuss how many things they needed to buy to donate in the temple. Gauri immediately felt jealous of this unknown girl whose inlaws were out shopping for her because she needed cheering up. She also got mad at Anandi and her own inlaws who would just did not want her around. She heard them discussing about what more they needed to donate and was stunned to realize that they were donating clothes at the temple in honor of their daughter-in-law's dead mother's birthday. Her anger at her own in-laws increased thinking about how they had insulted her parents. Gauri's anger built and so did her frustration with her life.

She watched as the salesman returned and showed them some new sarees. The old man picked up one excitedly and declared that this was it. Then the lady who left to make the phone call returned
and everyone agreed that it would look great on Anandi. Gauri stalled in her tracks hearing the name but then she looked at the family. They seemed to be the modern kind and there was no way they were talking about the same Anandi. Then the lady who made the phonecall told them that Shiv wanted them all back so that they could have lunch together once Anandi awoke. His mom joked that her son seemed to be scared of his new wife and the whole family laughed. The manager arrived soon after and the Shekar's got ready to leave the store after paying for their purchases. Gauri thought this was strange that this Anandi had also lost her mother but there was no way that village girl who is so focussed on community service would be married into these modern family. She would never fit in she thought, it was just a coincidence. Nevertheless she envied the girl who was married into this family.

Gauri heard Jagat calling for her and he came to rest seeing her watching the family leaving. He told her "Gauri it is rude to stare at people. What are you doing?" She turned to Jagat with tears in her eyes and accused him "Your family never accepted me. Look at these people - how well they treat their daughter in law. They are buying sarees for her. She is also a new bride and so am I. But look at the difference - my inlaws do not care for me and hers love her a lot. Your parents will never do anything for me. They only care for their precious Anandi and do not care for me. Have they ever given me anything...I mean anything at all?".Saying this she started walking out of the store. Jagya looked at her and laid down the clothes and ran out after her.

Jagya had notived Gauri looking at the saree as they walked in. He felt bad for being the cause of Gauri's tears and told her "Gauri lets buy that saree that you liked. I can wait. As it is I am not going to work yet". Gauri thought "I still have cards from other stores. I will let Jagat buy this for me." As she went towards the display case she and Jagat were both shocked to see that the saree in the display case was gone. When she enquired about it she was told that the people who just left had purchased it. Gauri started crying and ran out saying "I never get anything I want. Why is god doing this to me?" Jagya watched helplessly and followed her out of the store.

Edited by liv2laugh - 11 years ago