Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vgiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Axiom

Very nice bonding scene today between Arjun-DK-Archana. Very respectful and 'welcome to the family' type convos. 👏

Manav calling Purvi to go to the police station without asking how she was doing or if she needed him to go with her. He even hung up before she could continue the conversation 👎🏼 

While I understand his position with Ovi (and I get it is really difficult to be civil to the people who you consider to be ruining your daughter's life) if he considers Purvi to be his daughter too then why the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde act? 😕 

Why on Earth would Sulo go over there to invite the D's? I don't think it was that innocent of a move. Maybe to help Ovi realize that Arjun is moving on (tough love that no one else has tried with her) or to help Manav & company realize that they are part of the K family too and she wanted them to share in Purvi's happiness? Whatever the reason - its has to serve a purpose, we shall soon see what that was. 😕

'Miss Purvi' went to the police station because her baba told her too and she didn't know that Vishnu and his gang would be able to taunt her so openly. Mr. Rane was very professional and no nonsense with her - it's still very early on that though.

Parallel company but same building? Why DK? 🤔 Couldn't figure that one out but Arjun HAD to be somewhere that was easily accessible for Ovi too.. sigh. 

Finally...  Ahhh... AK is back baby!!!!   Yesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

👏     👍🏼      😍        🥳     ❤️

Oh wait - did I say that out loud? Oh well... 🤣

AK 1.0 + Arjun 0.5 = Arjun K Q T Pi   😍   (Mathematicians, please don't adjust your screens, it was not meant to be logical) 🤣

I notice the weirdest things 😆-  when I saw Arjun today in his suit and T-Shirt, I was so happy and then I thought 'Wow, it must be weird for him to be wearing shoes again after all that time wearing chappals' 🤣

RD is probably jokingly cursing us all that made him go from jeans, half buttoned shirts, blue shopping bags (his coveralls) and chappals to suits, hair gel and shoes 🤣

Blue shopping bag 🤣
I dont think RD would curse us.. In offscreen segs, dont you see him in sweater kinda shirts and scarf in Mumbai weather...

btw..Even I like this new Bishnu guy.. dont know why..def. not for his six packs (FYI.. RD is getting there..dont push him )
One thing I noticed during kidnapping scene, Bishnu never hit her or treated her disrespecfully. He forced her to eat, I dont think he would hurt Purvi.

Anyway... I am glad AK brought you back to the forum.. "Welcome back to the forum Ms. Laurie"
If things go haywire in PR.. we need your raging storm to fall back on!!!
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Vilasini,

So if and when you are kidnapped, you would instantly develop the Stockholm Syndrome, and feel deep gratitude to your captor for not dragging you around by your hair or worse, is it? I am amazed at this kind of reaction, which I suspect would not have been quite the same if Vishnu had looked like the chap who hits Purvi.

I am fully aware that 90% of the forum are Vishnu-philes, of which group  you are now apparently a proto-member, along with Janhvi. However, for me a dangerous criminal is just that, not a Prodigal Son in embryo.

Especially when he is completely at home in his dhanda, in the ranks of which mafia he is clearly a star (whence Balan's despair at his being jailed, as he tells his lawyer). And since he shoots at the fleeing Arjun-Purvi just for kicks, even though he has already  lost and had no way of escape (would you feel the same if he had killed Arjun? Janhvi of  course feels that he deliberately hit him in the leg, but that  only means that he is even more of a hardened gangster, not a poor deluded youngster). Finally,  because his only regret is

(a) that he did not manage to extort those 3 crores from Manav, for which he fully intends to make Manav pay and

(b) that he got caught, thus disappointing his baba.

I would feel exactly the same about Vishnu  even if he had looked like the original Adonis, and had eight pack abs. You would not feel the same if you or yours had been at the receiving end of his tender, loving care while the family scrabbled around to get the ransom together. Vishnu & Co would not have the slightest hesitation in putting a bullet through the victim's head if the ransom did not turn up in full. He says so himself in as many words after the other chap slaps Purvi.

I am sorry if I sound too vehement, but please do not let us be soft on serious crime, however pleasing the criminal might be to the eye.

Shyamala

[QUOTE=vgiri]

btw..Even I like this new Bishnu guy.. dont know why..def. not for his six packs (FYI.. RD is getting there..dont push him )
One thing I noticed during kidnapping scene, Bishnu never hit her or treated her disrespecfully. He forced her to eat, I dont think he would hurt Purvi.

jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That is a nice welcome to u Laurie, a la Arjun style !!! Good one, vilasini :)
Ofcourse, beg to differ on vishnu part :)

Btw, looks like we have one more against Arvi coming back to the show. Ms.Poornima !! She has apparently started shooting as of yesterday. Looks like Purvi is gonna get hit from everywhere. Or, is she gonna be a blessing in disguise, like always, unintentionally, ofcourse. Needs to be seen. I am wondering if they are coming up with something none of us have anticipated yet. Because this arjun-ovi or even sameer-purvi ideas are so far ferched.they may surprise us !!Edited by jdronamraju - 11 years ago
Axiom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sashashyam

[FONT=Verdana]My dear Vilasini,

So if and when you are kidnapped, you would instantly develop the
Stockholm Syndrome, and feel deep gratitude to your captor for not
dragging you around by your hair or worse, is it? I am amazed at this
kind of reaction, which I suspect would not have been quite the same if
Vishnu had looked like the chap who hits Purvi.

I am fully aware that 90% of the forum are Vishnu-philes, of which
group you are now apparently a proto-member, along with Janhvi.
However, for me a dangerous criminal is just that, not a Prodigal Son in
embryo.

Especially when he is completely at home in his dhanda, in the
ranks of which mafia he is clearly a star (whence Balan's despair at his
being jailed, as he tells his lawyer). And since he shoots at the
fleeing Arjun-Purvi just for kicks, even though he has already lost
and had no way of escape (would you feel the same if he had killed
Arjun? Janhvi of course feels that he deliberately hit him in the leg,
but that only means that he is even more of a hardened gangster, not a
poor deluded youngster). Finally, because his only regret is

(a) that he did not manage to extort those 3 crores from Manav, for which he fully intends to make Manav pay and

(b) that he got caught, thus disappointing his baba.

I would feel exactly the same about Vishnu even if he had looked like the original Adonis, and had eight pack abs. You
would not feel the same if you or yours had been at the receiving end
of his tender, loving care while the family scrabbled around to get the
ransom together. Vishnu & Co would not have the slightest hesitation
in putting a bullet through the victim's head if the ransom did not
turn up in full. He says so himself in as many words after the other chap slaps Purvi.

I am sorry if I sound too vehement, but please do not let us be soft on
serious crime, however pleasing the criminal might be to the eye.

Shyamala

Shyamala Aunty,

I am in complete agreement with you about the severity of the crime and by no means should anyone take this lightly - even if the kidnapper looked like an Adonis.

I'm not on Team Vishnu either. He has not shown me any redeeming qualities yet and for all we know he could be on the same volatile wave length as Varsha.

jdronamraju thumbnail
Vishnu, as Shyamala and I have repeatedly maintained (in minority, ofcourse), is a criminal and will always be one. There is no kindness, tenderness or any such emotion in him for his victims. It has not been shown in any of his dealings with Purvi as some claim. He did not harm her in any physical way as a captive as she is his golden egg. But, when push came to shove, he did shoot at Arjun Purvi, didnt care who he hit. It  could have been Purvi for all that matters who could have been shot. It was a random act of unnecesary violence..Both the shots...The second was the most unnecessary as he had Manav so close to him, why bother shooting at Arjun at all. The cops were already coming on to him.
His love for his mother is not a reflection on how he treats his victims.  How can you see a hidden brotherly love in him for Purvi just because he didnt do physical damage to her. Doesnt he say, we need to make sure she is in good shape for the moolah. I never understood everyone's reaction on tihs. Maybe it is just me..
sashashyam thumbnail
No, Jyothi, it is not just you. It is at least 3 of us, and probably many more.

Juvenile crime is one of the fastest growing branches of crime worldwide, and in India as well. The things these teenagers do to adults and to other teenagers, for money for holidays in Mauritius and the like, would turn your stomach. Besides the daily, grisly reports in the papers, Crime Patrol shows many such real cases. What seems to me to be the worst in about 90% of them is that there was not the slightest display of regret for their crimes, often murder, or any sympathy for their victims. Most often they only had contempt for their bakras,  just like the contempt for Manav that Vishnu displays at the time of the (failed) payoff.

To sentimentalise over young criminals and let them off lightly despite the seriousness of their crimes (as the PR CVs will undoubtedly do in the end, and the Indian Penal Code be damned) is to convey a totally wrong message to young people in general,  by indicating that it is no big deal after all, and you can get away either scot free or very lightly. The consequences for society as a  whole can be easily imagined.

So it is not just a case of Vishnu - who fits into the pattern of a cocky, unrepentant young hoodlum to a T (you would not want to meet him down a dark street, now, would any of you?) -  alone, but of so many more young criminals at large and in the making.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: jdronamraju

Vishnu, as Shyamala and I have repeatedly maintained (in minority, of course), is a criminal and will always be one. There is no kindness, tenderness or any such emotion in him for his victims.

It has not been shown in any of his dealings with Purvi as some claim. He did not harm her in any physical way as a captive as she is his golden egg. But, when push came to shove, he did shoot at Arjun Purvi, didnt care who he hit. It  could have been Purvi for all that matters who could have been shot. It was a random act of unnecessary violence..Both the shots...The second was the most unnecessary as he had Manav so close to him, why bother shooting at Arjun at all. The cops were already coming on to him.

His love for his mother is not a reflection on how he treats his victims.  How can you see a hidden brotherly love in him for Purvi just because he didnt do physical damage to her. Doesnt he say, we need to make sure she is in good shape for the moolah. I never understood everyone's reaction on tihs. Maybe it is just me..

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
vgiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ok.. thank u all.. I have raw eggs all over my body.. enough..😭

Shyamalaji..Yes he is a dangerous criminal..tried to find some goodness in him.. will stop that effort right here..  I DO NOT LIKE BISHNU   Done Deal?  👍🏼
Awesome2210 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So awesome to see the old Arjun  ! Or probably  dashing ' the Arjun kirloskar ' 
jdronamraju thumbnail
Such an anti-climax today, after all the expectations of seeing the engagement !! My day off is wasted totally 😃... I was all set for watching re-runs of it without the work interruption...:)

I am still puzzled at how easily they show this bail process in PR. First, it was Arjun who got it from Purvi's contact and now it is Vishnu who gets off easily without even going to the court. Moreover, he is the main kidnapper and the cop is the witness. Why does Sameer Rane say, he needs one witness for this. Isnt he the main witness? saw it all with his eyes, including the shooting !!!! Isnt that enough reason for not getting bail? The shooting itself ? Atleast Arjun was only under suspiscion, but here the cop is a direct witness for the kidnap. Now that vishnu is out,  where is the guarantee that they can get him again? No contact info, nothing. He can easily obscond, cant he? I am so confused with all this. Inst shooting a non-bailable crime?

A long awaited cute ARVI scene today. Very nice and heartwarming..😳... But, can these guys stop saying "i dont want to lose you..." please...it makes me and several of us nervous...why does Arjun need so many reassurances. STOP IT, Arjun !!
Finally, Ms. Purvi, did say "I Love you" to Mr. AK, which has also been long awaited..

Hmm... I thought Sulochana and Savita back and forth was pretty good. each right in their own way..I was surprised to see Savita talking very calmly but firmly without her usual melodrama.
Very nicely done, and what she said was right, too... Archana and Manav in their usual scenes. Nothing new there...DK was very gracious about his invitation. his gesture to Ovi shows his compassion for her pain. very nicely done without any words...

A nice mother daughter scene, Archana and Purvi, but arent they supposed to talk like that before the actual wedding and  not before an engagement...hmm..

I guess, the engagement and its fall out is scheduled for next week...kind of disappointed at not seeing it today, but maybe the good side of it is, if it was today, it would have been a hurried show, now we get a lengthy one...on monday...😊

Edited by jdronamraju - 11 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Dear Vilasini,

I do not seek forced conversions, my dear.

But it is something about which I feel very strongly - juvenile crime -  not that Vishnu is a juvenile. Incidentally, as I had noted in my O Tempera! O Mores! post of last week\, Vishnu is growing on me too, but not for the same reason. He is really superb as the quintessential young hoodlum, brash, arrogant, and vindictive to the extreme when he is  crossed, which is whenever he does not get exactly what he wants.

Now that the CVs have jettisoned the Indian Penal Code wholesale, and Vishnu has got bail  pronto,  Manav had better look out.

It was incredible, the way he was shown walking out as coolly as you please. In real life, there would have been no bail, and the police would have sought extended police custody for all of them - after all they were all caught redhanded in the kidnapping case, and Vishnu for the shooting of Arjun and the illegal possession of an unlicensed gun as well. So I cannot understand WHAT that SP Rane is talking about when he says he needs 'just one pakka saboot (firm proof)'. What more proof does he want or need?

Of course Vishnu is only out on bail, he is not acquitted of the charges against him by any means, but even this is shocking. There might be a clause in the bail saying that he cannot leave Mumbai, nor would he want to till he has  got even with Manav, so perhaps all of them will stay put in Mumbai and play ring a ring a rosy.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: vgiri

Ok.. thank u all.. I have raw eggs all over my body.. enough..😭

Shyamalaji..Yes he is a dangerous criminal..tried to find some goodness in him.. will stop that effort right here..  I DO NOT LIKE BISHNU   Done Deal?  👍🏼