Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

9/8 Dragon Club: Joru ka Ghulam, Finally! (Page 36)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Shoot, I am all controversial today. LOL Either I am not being clear, or I am just wrong, either way:

@Red: I agree that Aarti wants to be loved the way Yash loved Arpita, but I think that she is last on her list of priorities and so she is not actively pursuing her own ends in this relationship. Even if she wants Yash to fall in love with her she wants that for him, for the kids, for his family and then lastly for herself. So the love she is pursuing at the moment is not the love she actually wants, to my eyes, it is the love that Gayatri and the rest of the family want to see, a love where Aarti brings back the old Yash. So through her conscious efforts, she is bringing out his playful and more loquacious side.

And I have to continue to disagree on the topic of Aarti knowing love. First of all, in all her life that we know of, considering she is an orphan, she has never been in a relationship where she gets as much as she gives to it, and I think she is ok with that because she is the kind of person who is happy to give and give and give. What I was trying to say is that she does not know what it feels like to be loved with the intensity that she loves. She doesn't know what it is to be on the receiving end, and as much as she can see and want, she doesn't know what it really is.

Of course Aarti is not innocent, but I just don't think she realises she is a card she can play. The bangles were like a win-win for her. She got her bangles and Yash woke up to the rivaz because of his OCD. This is the kind of thing that is going to impress Gayatri. They have never understood their son, and I think if he acts like Aarti's husband through these customs, they will be content for a while until the lack of pota making becomes too obvious.

@Ria: I agree that Aarti is not his only source of joy, but I am saying he was drawn to those things in the first place because of Aarti. He never would have stopped working of Aarti didn't threaten to leave, done pottery if Aarti hadn't said that the kids' and her happiness lay in his, he never would have come over to the swing if Aarti hadn't called and included him. I agree that pottery did make him happy, but Aarti was the root cause of that, by making him do pottery, and that is where I think she is underestimating her own role, where he is not. He is fully aware of the things she is doing for him when she does not expect to be recognised as the instigator.

The reason I think her love for Yash is similar to her love for Prashant is because she is using the martyr argument as a defense mechanism against rejection in both. I completely agree that she loved Prashant out of a sense of duty and loyalty and because her principles did not allow her to move on. She sort of followed the rhetoric of, if I move on, how does that make me different from Prashant? And so she created this picture where she was the one who understood their love, and would be waiting for the day that Prashant understood it too. But then Ansh's needs preceded her own and she remarried to give him a father, which Prashant refused to be.

I agree, too on the fact that her falling in love process started the moment she trusted Yash with Ansh, when he saved him and brought her back home. That is when she wanted to tell him about her past. But then she had her confrontation with Prashant and the feelings of rejection came rushing back to her. I think she was scared of being rejected yet again by Yash, so she rejected Prashant's existence to save herself. In short, she did not trust Yash to accept her after her truth came out because she was reminded of the immense shame of her past by Prashant's entry and his humiliation of her.

Sure Aarti wants Yash to return her feelings, but only on a superficial level. She wants the Aarti she projects to be loved rather than the Aarti she really is, and I don't think she can handle when Yash tries to know more about the Aarti she really is. I will believe she truly wants him to love her back in the fullest sense, only when she wants him to accept her with her past. Until then, I am convinced that she is quite content with her Mira-esque, one sided, love where the only purpose of her actions is to make him the happy person he once was.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CharishmabbbcccPearl_27nirmalac99InduG64jyoti06

Charishma Goldie
Charishma
Charishma

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

I will believe she truly wants him to love her back in the fullest sense, only when she wants him to accept her with her past. Until then, I am convinced that she is quite content with her Mira-esque, one sided, love where the only purpose of her actions is to make him the happy person he once was.

Ditto that. Star

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pearl_27nirmalac99SamanalyseInduG64jyoti06

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Charishma

@jyoti: Sorry lol. I was in crisis mode and threw out an S.O.S call here. It was touch and go for a bit. But now I'm A OkayDancing. Wow, I think I really have lost my mind. 
I can understand re .. its like when your most fav show goes haywire , u just dunno where to vent out OuchOuch... LOL

CharishmaPearl_27nirmalac99SamanalyseInduG6449erFan

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
@Jyo: Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap   Awesome!!! The Pushpak flashback was spot on. So many movies/serials have tried to copy that thence, but somehow no one could come close to Kamal Hasan.

@Samana, Jyo, Red, Kirthi, Ria, Charishma, Phal: Wonderful viewpoints, dear friends. I missed the peak hour again...Unhappy ...but thoroughly enjoyed everyone's opinionsBig smile.

I really believe Aarti is not working on any plan here. The only plan is to make Yash happy and make him smile again. She is just taking it as it comes...When an opening arises, she grabs it and then plays along. While doing so, she can't help reveling in her love. So, sometimes it looks as if she is being deliberate in her efforts...the pottery and the bangle scenes...where Yash follows up at her lead, and sometimes he takes the initiative himself, the dining table and the shopping trip scenes. But nowhere do I see an unwilling Yash. He likes being around her...likes her bachpana, howmuchsoever he might shake his head and pooh-pooh it vocally. Her blow-hot, blow-cold behavior has caught his attention big time...there's no doubt. 

As for Aarti, she has started preempting his reactions...which means she reads him well. So, in order to involve him more she is sometimes creating openings, like the bangle one...Like Ria and Samana, I too don't think she is expecting any return feeling. More than anyone else, currently, she is the only one who knows the depth of Yash's attachment with Arpita. That's why, Yash's reactions borne out of his attraction to her surprise her. Like Red mentioned, about her Arpita-like pose with bangled hands...maybe she wanted to follow Arpita there, but she closed up the moment Yash turned. It was evident that she is not ready yet...although if she had seen, she would have noticed Yash take a step back to peek through. 

bbbcccangakePearl_27nirmalac99Samanalysejyoti06

jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
@Veena : These things depends on the CVs .. how they want the character to feel or act or react to these situations Ermm...Ram married at a very later age , so he knows how to live without Priya too ..  whereas Yash married at a very early age , he dunno how to live without a wife in this case LOLLOL... so different characterisation in a way Embarrassed

@Samana : I agree that Aarti wanting to b loved is right now the last in her priority list .. she is actually more into fulfilling Sasuma's promise of making Yash normal which she feels is possible only when he comes out of Arpita depression and accepts her as his wife Ermm,..But she too needs love , she too thirsts for getting loved by her man  but somewhere it has taken a backseat now with the promise she has given to Gayatri I feel ...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

bbbcccangakePearl_27nirmalac99SamanalyseInduG6449erFan

Charishma Goldie
Charishma
Charishma

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged
@Indu: Yeah I don't think its a plan per se. Its more like, verbal demands that find their way into her subconscious and influence her interactions with Yash.

I guess she does want to bask in his attention a bit. There's always a stage where you just throw yourself headlong into it just because it feels so wonderful.
But I do think G3's demands and Aarti's "I will love you from afar" complex are at work. Even if just a little. She definitely does not expect reciprocation. 

Edited by Charishma - 10 August 2012 at 7:44am

Pearl_27bbbcccSamanalyseInduG64jyoti0649erFan

jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:36am | IP Logged
@Indu : My only dilemma is Aarti is wanting to make Yash smile because of the promise she made to Gayatri or because she genuinely wants to see a normal smiling Yash Scindia again Embarrassed...tomorrow if Yash finds out about these secret phone calls of Aarti to Gayatri , then he might ask the same question to Aarti .. what will she say then ?? Confused...Aarti is not planning anything for sure but whether her motto to see Yash smile is a part of a plan with her Sasuma or her own decision is what Aarti herself needs to question to her own self Ermm

nirmalac99bbbcccangakePearl_27SamanalyseInduG64Loveforlife

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 7:43am | IP Logged
@Jyo: You get better and better every day! You made poor Pankaj gay? Is that why Vidhi keeps resisting him, telling him not to fool himself and her? Felt bad for the poor, confused choodiwalah too. I LOVE how you brought around Yash's new hate of strawberries... I was wondering how you would work that out, as you know.

@Charishma: Yay! Some agreement is nice after I just wrote a long post in response to all the dissent. I don't think that Aarti is ready for her feelings to be reciprocated and even if they were, she would be totally defensive and all, WHEN did I encourage this?

I loved your description of the two Aartis and after you define it like that, it makes a lot more sense how precisely she has been executing this underlying plan of hers. I totally agree that she is being the Aarti that she thinks Yash can fall in love with, and that can draw Yash out of his memories, and I refuse to concede that she is not playing doctor every step of the way, barring the bra scene, as you said. She has seen him naked (almost), she knows almost all the nitty grittis about his past and she constantly tries to use it to make him come out of his shell. But he gets one peep into her "inner workings" and she goes ballistic on him? That doesn't seem fair.

But unfortunately, Yash dug his own grave in that confrontation at the market. He was totally allowed to be annoyed that she was behaving like a typical biwi and bossing him around, but he made the mistake of bringing Arpita into it, which overshadowed Aarti's bossiness in the injustice department. She hung onto that line, gave him a much needed verbal bashing and he had to apologise. But if he hadn't brought up Arpita, that conversation could have had a very different meaning and a very different reaction from all of us viewers, where we might just have been cheering on Yash instead of Aarti.

@Indu: I agree that Aarti does not have a play by play type of plan, but I do think she has an overarching goal, and is leaving it up to fate to decide how she achieves it. She is not really the type to plan things in advance. She sets a goal and works with the circumstances to achieve it, which is what I think she is doing here. I do believe that Gayatri's words are in the back of her mind at all times though. I am just curious how this whole episode of her treating Yash like a petulant child is going to end, with Yash hopefully exerting his presence as an adult and her equal in maturity.

CharishmabbbcccangakePearl_27nirmalac99InduG64Loveforlife

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index