Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

9/8 Dragon Club: Joru ka Ghulam, Finally! (Page 33)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged
@Jyo: Although a sense of spontaneity and going with the flow permeates everything that Aarti does, there is no doubt by the number of phone calls we hear about, that she is operating on a fixed plan, that of fulfilling her promise to Gayatri. Is she enjoying herself and making up steps along the way? Definitely, that is her style of working, but is she ever unaware of her promise and her plan for this trip? I don't think so. It is underlying everything she does.

@Kirthi: Exactly. Aarti is having a gala time playing doctor, thinking that pottery, swings and the children are the medicine to Yash's illness, when in fact her presence and her moods play a huge role in his transformation on this Mumbai trip. I actually can't wait until this leads to a reverse confrontation where Yash says, "you can fall in love with me, make me understand that Arpita would want me to move on and make me love life again, but when I try to do the same it is called being nosy? What did I do wrong?" And BAM, Prashant.

@Indu and Red: I am so looking forward to the showdown as well. Yash had his much needed reality check and it's about gosh darned time Aarti had hers! Red, I completely agree that Aarti is crossing Yash's boundaries in the name of this mission, but that doesn't annoy me as much as it intrigues me because I want to know what is going to make Yash realise what precisely she is doing. It's weird about her wanting Yash to fall in love with her. It is distinctly inorganic because she wants him to fall in love with a version of her that gives him only happiness; in short, her martyr complex is resurfacing in a big way. She loves Yash the same way she loved Prashant even after he left, only now she feels good about putting her efforts into a worthier object. I don't think she actually even understands what love really is, or that there is an element of receiving to it, because clearly Prashant never showed her. Without being in love with her, Yash has already given her so much that she doesn't expect anymore and if it came her way, she wouldn't know what to do with it. When Yash turns back and treats her the same way she is treating him, that is when Aarti starts understanding what love really is.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Charishmaredeye2012nirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27AngeloScuroInduG64Allbut1jyoti06

DMKJ_VB IF-Rockerz
DMKJ_VB
DMKJ_VB

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:33am | IP Logged
@ Kirthi, I would still not put much emphasis on Yash's feelings for Aarti. Frankly I think its too early. And thats the reason I feel Aarti has no misconceptions about Yash's behaviour. Yash is indulging some of her whims to please her, and he is participating in some by himself because thats making him happy. However, I won't attribute much of that happines to his feelings for aarti. He is still at a very basic stage. Remember , it has been years since anyone behaved normally with him, or acted playfull to him( excluding Prateek), and so he is enjoying it.At this point, thats all he is feeling. Yes, obviously he is getting attracted to aarti, but frankly,  thats just human. But more than the attraction, he has begun to enjoy her silliness and her antics. I strongly feel Yash sees her as a friend, and thats the reason behind his behaviour.
However, evreything has certainly changed from aarti's point of view. She also wants to be his friend, but not because she is looking for friendship, but so that she gets an opportunity to be with him. Right now, thats all she wants- spending as much time as possible with him, seeing him laugh,- because thats what makes her happy. Of course she wants to bring back the old Yash becoz she has promised Gayatri, but more than the promise, more than anything, she wants this for her happiness, and for his sake. 
I agree with Samana that a big part of her does not want her love to be returned. I would just change the " want" to " expect". I think she actually wants her love to be returned, she craves very much for every glance of his, thats very much visible. However, she does not have any expectations. Right now, she is happy dreaming and living in her fantasy land, and eagerly embracing those moments which occasionally she is able to extract from Yash. I know she shows discomfort whenever Yash shows any intensity, but that discomfort is not because she doesn't want him to love her, but quite the reverse. I have always interpreted her discomfort as a mixture of nervousness, exhilaration and a fear of losing herself. It was there when he caught her hand during the dogs and bone game, it was there along with desire when he tucked her hair back in the pottery scene, it was there (though the desire was much more this time than the fear) in the bangle scene.

Kirthi- I agree with everything u said except the pushing thing. Thats one part where I feel otherwise. Yash and aarti both had set rules.Agreed her feelings have changed. But that doesn't mean she should expect Yash to change the rules. And I think she isn't expecting either. She knows they had set some boundaries , and now her feelings have changed and she doesn't want to stick to those boundaries anymore. But she is fair on Yash. She realizes that she should not expect the same with Yash because he had never promised her anything of the kind. 
I would have had a problem with her character if she had been pushy with Yash, like I did when she described those pictures of his and Arpita. But in the mumbai track, I have not found her being pushy. The jhoola, the bangles- these were too innocent and simple things. And she knew she could insist him and be playfull with him here, and he won't mind.

Edited by DMKJ_VB - 10 August 2012 at 5:39am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012nirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Allbut1jyoti06pickachu

PutijaChalhov IF-Sizzlerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Will something near fatal  happening   to Aarthi finally bring out the feelings in Yash which will be for Aarthi and not have the stamp of Arpita on it. Just like it happened to Aarthi when she rescued Yash from his car on the heavy rains day.  Well i was laughing away at their embarrassment the other day and Yash behaviour yesterday. Also the Karela sabzi episode. This trip to Mumbai has been quite entertaining bringing out Yash feelings, emotions  out of the shell slowly.

redeye2012nirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Allbut1jyoti06pickachu

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
@Ria: It is not so much about Yash's feelings for Aarti in any romantic sense, I think, but about the fact that Aarti is playing a major role in his behaviour in Mumbai. He is attracted to her, he is developing a friendship with her and to use a classic hindi serial trope "farak padtha hain." More than the kids or Arpita's memories, I see his changed comportment in Mumbai coming out of his desire to see Aarti happy, to try and figure her out and to enjoy her antics. And Little Miss Aarti is underestimating how much of a role she has to play, or rather misunderstanding the nature of the role she is unconsciously playing. While she is busy consciously being the Aarti that she thinks will make Yash and the Scindias happy, Yash is growing more curious about what remains unsaid and that is becoming the major draw for him.

@All: It would be interesting if Lakhan took advantage of the fact that Aarti doesn't know about his and Yash's past. What if he asked her for some help for something saying he knows Yash, and Aarti obliges naively? Yash could then understand how dangerous secrets are...and perhaps Aarti could get the same message?

Charishmaredeye2012nirmalac99Pearl_27AngeloScuroInduG64DMKJ_VBAllbut1jyoti06PutijaChalhovpickachu

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged

Ok this bangle scene was actually inspired from Pushpak movie and GC did a Kamal Hasan here .. chk EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Only difference was in that movie the girl was selecting earrings and here Aarti is selecting bangles ... here u go ... EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Amla selecting earring and Kamal is checking her out

Aarti selecting bangles and Yash is chking her out Tongue

Kamal's reaction LOL

GC's reaction LOL

Deeps invented the whole Pushpak scene and gave these pics on FB ..me only a messenger Big smile...so thanks to Deeps for the invention EmbarrassedClap

Edited by jyoti06 - 10 August 2012 at 5:59am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012Charishma-Deepzz-angakenirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64MariyaOshinAllbut1DMKJ_VBPutijaChalhov*Piku*pickachu..CountingStars

Allbut1 IF-Rockerz
Allbut1
Allbut1

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Charishma

Okay, so random and off topic post. lol Mine are usually essays or completely off topic.

So last couple weeks I've been watching Na Bola Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha.

Can I just cry in here for a few minutes??? I fell in love with this show. Omg, so so sweet. And then they went and (in just the space of a few weeks) made it such garbage. If there is someone here who watches it, and has a different perspective, please share. I really need something to save me from the brink of despair.

I was just going to sleep and luckily saw this post so I am going to become a random popinjay just to answer this. I wish, I wish I could give you a different perspective, but unfortunately all I have to say is ditto, ditto, ditto! I started watching NBTNMKK all the way from the very beginning, and just like you fell completely in love with it! It was such a refreshing, simple and beautiful story and it quickly became my second favorite show right after PV because of the fresh way of story telling (and the fact that Kunal Karan Kapoor is so freaking adorable was just a bonus)! I loved the way they formed all the relationships, in fact the whole build up was wonderful, and then maybe a month ago it all started going down the drain! The story, concept, characters everything was shot to hell and the Mohan/Megha reunion that we were all so desperately waiting for became some kind of a joke Ouch It truly was tragic to see the quality of the show deteriorate so much and so quickly and it's come to the point where I have lost all interest in the show because the magic and spark that used to define it is now all gone!

And this is all Colors fault, this is the second show that they have destroyed (that I watched anyways) and it's because of their thirst to magically add more TRPs. Channel intervention is the worst thing that can happen to a show, it forces it to change the story line, the directors, character sketch, everything and slowly the show becomes completely unrecognizable! And these gimmicks always backfire because the audience can't connect anymore! The TRPs of the show were either increasing or remaining steady until the makers stuck to the concept, but the second things started getting wishy washy and tracks started changing every week, the numbers started declining and have been on a constant downfall! I really would have loved to see the story take its course and see where it leads us rather than flying through all the critical twists and turns but I guess that's not to be and that really made me sad. I had gotten past all of that but then I saw your post and I just had to rant on it a little bit (I am very hesitant on going to that forum itself because one PV is my life and that makes me an enemy, and two there is entirely way too much negativity there).

And this is the reason why I hold the Mittals to such a high regard, because no matter what happens they stick to their guns! We're almost six months in and there hasn't been a single week which had me scratch my head and wonder what the hell is going on! When I watch TV, I leave some leeway for creative purposes and can let a lot of things go in the name of fiction. But like Samana keeps saying I don't really have to do much of that for PV, mainly because most of the situations and scenarios make sense! I know we've had a handful of mind boggling and confusing ones too but the rest of the storytelling far outweighs all these glitches! And honestly in the state Indian TV is these days, PV is a masterpiece in terms of keeping it real and rational! Most of the storylines these day completely lose their focus within the first three months and go out to cater to the need of the audiences, completely disregarding their original premise (case in point PSH which started off in a very promising fashion and then declined from there). The fact that I have stuck to  this show for six months and love it more and more everyday is a testament that something is working here because usually I lose my own interest and focus very quickly if something stops appealing to me (has happened to multiple shows just this summer).

So yeah, while I do agree that Aarti might be coming on a little too strong, I don't mind it much because I firmly believe that this is all leading towards a much bigger resolution! This is just the very first week (second day serial wise) in Mumbai and Aarti is obviously flying high in her feelings (it also doesn't help that Yash is unknowingly indulging her). And while it can get a little OTT, I can never fault a happy Aarti because I just love that smile on her face! After everything she has been through she deserves some moments of uninhibited happiness because we know that there is a storm coming and that she might not find a reason to smile then! Either Yash is going to blow up on her or she is going to get injured, and I am happy with both scenarios because both will lead to some sort of realization on Yash's part. I actually want Aarti to withdraw a little bit from him, but doing so in Mumbai will ruin the purpose of the trip, so who knows maybe the volcano inside Yash will erupt when they get back and that's when Aarti can completely cut herself away from Yash leaving him to deal with his changing feelings on his own!

And as far as the Lakhan story goes, I am sure that the climax of that is still brewing and that Aarti will become his target next! It really is high time that Aarti gets injured/hurt so that Yash can wake up to the fact that she hold some importance in his life. If the Mumbai track can accomplish this realization within Yash then it would a complete success and a lot more than I had expected last week! So let's see how they end this week and what next week brings for us, I am hoping for then to stay at least another week or so in Mumbai because we haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the expectations we had from this trip!

Lastly, both Prateek and Paridhi are in for a huge blow up and it really will be a miracle if their relationship survives all this backlash especially since neither of them are willing to really support or understand the other person's perspective! And all this comparison with Aarti and the fact that Aarti herself has such a huge secret might all be leading towards Paridhi turning antagonistic against Aarti later on! *Sigh* this started off as one thing and branched off to a mini episode take D'ohNot sure how coherent it is because I am on the verge of falling asleep on my keyboard but I hope at least some it makes sense! Anyways, good night (or whatever time of the day it is in your time zone) and hopefully I'll be able to come on the DC a little more over the weekend! 

redeye2012Charishmanirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06pickachu

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged

@Sam:

I think Aarti certainly has a vision of the kind of love she wants.  She wants the kind of love that Arpita had from Yash.  @Aparna was the one who recognized her posture with the bangles. It is a replica of the huge photo in their bedroom. And that's very telling.  Even if she feels that she's undeserving of any love, she knows what she'd like.  But I agree that she doesn't think that she needs to open herself up for the same and hence wouldn't know what to do if Yash did fall in love with her.

Aarti is a grown woman - 27-28 years, let's say. She can't be defining her own love experience with Prashant as the sole benchmark of all love.  Yes, her experience has been different, but that's not the only kind.  I feel she's mature enough to recognize that.  And if we really recall, she was mature enough to teach the true lover pair a lesson or two in love, notice the changes in dynamics between Pankaj and Vidhi. So, I am not all that agreeable to the notion that Aarti's vision of love comes only from her experience with Prashant, and hence is clueless in recognizing signs. 

My point being that Aarti's actions are not all innocent.  While it certainly is not an act, she does feel love for him, but she's playing his chords. If she really wanted to respect his boundaries, what was the need to invite him to indulge in the husband-wife tradition?  Yes, he didn't walk away, but why did Aarti invite him? Like @Aparna said, she could have simply bought some bangles for Payal and Palak? I feel that she does know that she's pushing the envelope with Yash. Like I said, she's challenging him not only to come out of his withdrawn stupor but to also get him to engage with her as a woman, not as another adult.   And she does realize the effect she has on him, unlike many who feel she doesn't.  

I am actually impatient for Aarti to put an end to this nonsense, to be honest, so she can confront her own demons and then fall in love with Yash. So far, it has been nothing but a series of manipulations..

Edited by redeye2012 - 10 August 2012 at 6:02am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Charishmakriti07Pearl_27angakenirmalac99DMKJ_VBSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06

DMKJ_VB IF-Rockerz
DMKJ_VB
DMKJ_VB

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged
@ Samana
 i don't think aarti is playing doctor here. That might have been her  intention when she wanted yash to do pottery, but after the few initial moments, her feelings overshadowed her intention. And whatever she did with the bangles, that was solely becoz she was craving for his attention. And I also think that more than aarti, its the little things that she is asking him to do that is working with Yash. He loved doing pottery, and he was happy when he did it. Pottery, not aarti was the source of his joy. Same with the jhoola. He loved being involved with the kids. The bangle scene was  the only instance along with the karela episode where he was enjoying only Aarti and her antics. I seriously think Yash has a long way to go before he falls in love. He is ready for a friendship, and not love by any means.

Second, I also don't think aarti's love for Prashant after he left her and her love for Yash now is similar. Ever since the first episode, i have always felt there was something weird in her love for Prashant, it was as if she forced herself to believe that she loved him still. I have always attributed that to her sense of loyalty, her sense of duty( silly though), and most importantly her aversion towards any new relationship and change in her life. Thats not so with Yash. I agree Aarti's realization track sort of messed it up. But that was because of a change in the director! But the cvs, I think always intended to portray that ever since aarti began trusting yash, the process of falling in love had started for her. 
She doesn't expect anything in return because like Yash, she too overestimates his love for Arpita. But she definitely wants his love. And I don't think she will like being a martyr in this case. Right now, she is enjoying the bliss that every girl/woman feels when she realizes that she has fallen in love. Just like Pari is concerned only with the shooting of her show, and not whats going to happen after it airs on tv, Aarti is revelling in her husband's company whom she loves without thinking about the future. However, we already have got instances where she doesn't like it when Yash claims that he can never fall in love again- once when he said it to Neelam, and the female version of "kabhi um bhi ye keh do na tumko hai meri zaroorat" played, and once when she heard him announce it to Vidhi and company. Now I think she has decided  not to be affected with that, but how long? she will be affected, and thats when the new promo will come into play. Yash has to go back to his arpita land, and she has to feel dejected and sad- thats what the new promo is all about. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012nirmalac99bbbccckriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index