Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

9/8 Dragon Club: Joru ka Ghulam, Finally! (Page 32)

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AngelDark

Originally posted by redeye2012

@...Sadiie...

Your take was an absolute riot. ROFL

I think we have yet another joining the critics club...Smile

Can I have membership to this club too though I might not be regular, because something did not appeal to me in last night's episode. I don't like people who lecture without finding out what the problem is. I did not like Cas's overly critical lecture! I think Paridhi is doing passive aggressive.

I'm waiting for her to blast the family and tell each and everybody their fault and why nobody wants to listen to her except the damn Bua who has ulterior motives! I don't care if Pari is wrong! Sometimes you have to be a little wrong to mend things. No human is perfect!

@Angel...

'Course...You are welcome. More the merrier. The membership numbers varies by episode. The only requirement is to say it like it is...LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictkriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:36am | IP Logged

Paridhi is being asked to become more like Arti. This thought is still making waves in my brain so here is my thought. Arti uses the more direct approach. Does this mean that Paridhi should find a person who can she save from suicide and also make a shy kid become an introvert.( I'm borrowing what @Aparna said)

Or could it be that if Paridhi were to become like Arti she should be more direct in her approach and state when a spade is spade but with sugar coating in it. When G3 took away the lemon honey she made for Prateek and gave her a lecture on Prateeks health needs as per a mum, Paridhi should have shown her respect and told her that now Prateek is married to me am I not allowed this one chance to see if Prateek likes this or not. Should not Paridhi have told G3 that I will try and mend my ways if I have made a mistake and will check with Vidhi for the likes and dislikes of Scindia pariwar. I'm saying Paridhi should be direct and with a be a bit  confrontational if needed if she is to mould in the pattern of Arti. And if need be she should also have righteous anger on her side just like Arti uses it!

Edited by AngelDark - 10 August 2012 at 4:38am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseInduG64jyoti06

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged
@Jyo: Actually I think it is the reverse. I do think that Yash is developing feelings for Aarti, and that is what Aarti is not seeing. She thinks the old Yash is coming back because of all the things he is doing, when in reality he is coming out of his funk because of his curiosity about Aarti. I think her major delusion here is that she can fix Yash without actually being a part of the reaction herself; she thinks she can fix him externally. But the truth is that this change in Yash is linked to the change in Aarti. He is coming out of his shell because he can't stand to see her unhappy with him, or worse wanting to leave. Aarti thinks he is just being a gentleman and a good father, and is playing on those facts. Yesterday, she played him through his OCD, not because she thought she had any effect on him. I think a big part of Aarti does not want her love returned, as proved by her contentment with the status quo and her discomfort with Yash's more intense gazes and touches. She wants to know Yash inside out and make him happy, but she does not want him to know her more than what she chooses to disclose. So she is totally underestimating the role of Aarti in the transformation of Yash. She thinks she is the doctor when she is the medicine, if that makes sense.

@Red: I knew I was overestimating Prateek there, but I think there is a kernel of truth to it. To me the problem obviously started with Prateek's false promise that Paridhi could work after marriage. He didn't even bother to explain the challenges involved in achieving that and so she assumed that it would happen whenever she wanted. He should have started building the bridge then itself and he didn't. This misrepresentation was the root cause of everything we see unfolding now.

The second big blunder that was born of the above, was that Paridhi wanted to go back to work two days after marriage. Even if Prateek had every intention of making her case in front of his parents, he did not expect it to happen this soon. Instead of asking him how much time he needed, she gave him an impossible ultimatum of one day and no sex. So she created a frustrated, starved and vulnerable monster that was even less equipped to deal with his parents. And so the vicious cycle began. Prateek was scared, so Paridhi made him feel weak and ineffectual and in turn he was more scared and his pride was hurt. This resulted in his refusing the help of Yash because he wanted to salvage the little masculinity he had in his wife's eyes.

I agree with everything you said about Prateek. His identity is so rooted in the house, mainly because that is where he likes to be, with the women, cooking and gossiping. I think living outside the family for a while could do him a world of good and I hope the CVs have the guts to tackle that. I loved your ideas about his and Yash's testosterone race. It is so interesting and very possible! Yash wants to treat Prateek like a child and Prateek is no longer willing to oblige. He wants to take responsibility for himself. But that comes down to one thing: he does not want to take responsibility for these decisions of Paridhi, though he says he supports her. It has become an ego clash between them, with each asserting the importance of their goals and passions. If for Paridhi it is her job, for Prateek it is his family and neither willing to back down an inch.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012nirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27123mitulangakeAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06PutijaChalhov

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged

@Ria, I have to say I absolutely agree with your thoughts on Aarti and Yash. I don't think Aarti is misinterpreting Yash's behavior at all. In fact the one thing that I think Aarti is not seeing is that Yash's feelings for Aarti is seeping into his awareness more and more. And I think Aarti might be around 25 or so. A young girl who has been in love before but with disastrous results. She has once again fallen in love with a person she respects. She is just being happy and giggly and enjoying the feelings. And like you said I think she is holding onto any attention she gets from Yash as something precious and valuable. After the pain she has been through for so many years, I can totally understand the way she is behaving right now. 

@All, I also agree that this is all probably going ot blow up. But that is exactly what I am looking forward to. Yash is a person who hates his boat to be rocked. He and Aarti had set some boundaries for this marriage. Aarti's feelings have changed and she now has new boundaries. So why should she still play by Yash's rules? She knows Yash is not at a stage where he will even listen to her side of the things. So I am glad she is pushing him. And a blow-up is probably what is needed for him to step out of the illusory world he is living in right now. 

@Sam, Jyo, Indu: I totally get what you are saying about Pari and Pratik. All of us believe that both Pari and Pratik are at fault and I completely agree but I am sorry which ever way I look at it I find Pratik more at fault than Pari. It drives me nuts when we have guys who expect the girls to come in and automatically expect them to fall in line with their inlaws thinking. I feel Pari could have been taught to be more patient and accommodating of the Scindia views if Pratik had taken the trouble to help her assimilate. The biggest issue Pari has with Pratik is that she feels he hasn't supported her enough. Pari too by constantly comparing Pratik to Yash did a disservice to him nevertheless Pratik has two brothers who would have gone out of their limb to help him wade through these issues. The whole family was after ArYa which is understandable considering the trauma Yash went through but Pankaj and Yash would always have been more than ready to help Pratik understand Pari and the situation he is in. To me Pratik, is a wimp. He is immature, he himself may have issues being the baby of the family and I absolutely adore his character but he still is a wimp. He may have stood up for Pari when push came to shove the last time but what is the point if he hasn't learnt anything from that last incident and he still plays a part in the birth of another such scenario. 

I apologize if my thoughts are not coherent. It is early in the morning and my cup of tea is still brewing. Angry

@Chalhov, welcome. Big smile

redeye2012nirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27123mitulSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06PutijaChalhov

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:59am | IP Logged

@Angel : I agree that Cas and Gayatri hv always taken decision from their own family's POV .. till Aarti was obsessed with Ansh , she was a bad bahu but the moment she got more involved in PayPal  and Yash , she becomes a yogya bahu and even Ansh is today accepted happily in the family  and now they r expecting the same from Paridi too LOLOuch ... But here what I like about Cas and Gayu is that they r quite honest and blunt on your face ...they actually announce it directly that yes we r hypocrats and we want our family's happiness over individual gains LOL...

In fact even before marriage Paridi and her family had actually seen how Scindia family functions and what r the clauses of a Scindia family bahu .. nothing really was hidden from Paridi and her family ... So Paridi got married in this same family knowingly that she will hv lots of restrictions ... Even Pratik knew about Paridi's dreams and also how his family functions which is complete contrast .. so he too knowingly brought Paridi in the family and now he is not able to balance both sides Ouch ... So for me Pratik and Paridi both r more at fault than Cas and Gayu here ...Ermm

It would hv been better if Pratik before marriage had made it clear to his parents that Paridi will work post marriage and even Paridi's parents would hv made it clear to Scindia family .. ..

@Samana : Actually there is a slight confusion over what is Aarti's plan here or whether she is simply living her childhood with Yash by hving all the fun because she thinks why should boys hv all the fun , LOLLOL...It seems that Aarti really has no plan , she simply is flying in the air because she is in love and wants to enjoy the moment but she is not really trying to find out whats going in Yash ka mind Ermm...She sees Chagan and his wife ka interactions and from that she forms her own dreamworld where she is a typical wifey throwing attitude on her hubby just how Chagan's wife is doing ... she is simply living her dream there for few days .. not really thinking of long term plan Ouch...I dont think she is expecting Yash to love her like he loved Arpita either .. she is just happy if Yash spends some time with her , talks to her , cracks some jokes with her .. she just wants to see him coming out of depression .. thats it .. she is satisfied with this much I feel for now ...

redeye2012nirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged

@Sammy, 

That bit about Yash and Aarti in your response to Jyo was fantastic. I too feel that Aarti has no idea on the effect she has on Yash. And when Yash goes into a rant about Arti taking AKJ, she takes it literally in the way he says it. She does not understand that he is actually mad at himself and at her for rousing feelings in him that only Arpita possibly could have done. And I don't expect Aarti to understand any of this either. I loved what you said about Aarti being the medicine but she thinks of herself as the doctor. And I think she is happy to play the doctor. The minute she realizes that she is the medicine she will start panicking because then she will also be forced to think about Prashant who she has pushed far far down in the abyss of her mind. So complex! LOL

EDIT: Jyo just read your response. I don't think Aarti has any plans per se. I think she is just flying with the wind. The only difference being before when Yash would have glowered at her she would back off. Now she refuses to do so. She will do what she wants to do even if Yash does not like it. When she was out playing in the rain and Yash demanded she stop her childishness, she did. Yesterday with bangles, he had the same expression but she went ahead to buy the bangles anyways. 

Edited by angake - 10 August 2012 at 5:02am

redeye2012nirmalac99Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by InduG64

@Samana: Agreed this is heading for a major showdown...but then so what? This will not be so ugly, simply because Aarti will be expecting it. Look, she is stepping onto his toes with her eyes wide open...If she has a plan, it is only to draw him out of his shell...hence, the pottery, the jhula, the bangle scenes...just so he stays involved. And it's not that he is an unwilling participant...he is enjoying interacting with her; in fact, at times, even giving the next cue. So, if at the end his guilt takes over or he gets a hint of what Gayatri had asked Aarti to accomplish and blows his fuse, Aarti can always turn around and repeat what she said in front of that shop... even, if it comes to it, that she is in love with him and that she never expected his love in return. She can darn well concede that it is one sided and that she has never and she will never cross her limits...so there!!! What can Yash say to that? Sooner than later he is bound to realize that she never came onto him and was happy with the status quo...and that can pave way for his own realization.

@Indu...

Sorry to butt in. In fact, I'm with @sam on this since I too wrote that this was heading for a show-down. 

(Bold): Sorry, Indu. There can be no doubt that Aarti is coming on to him big time. 

I am all for her involving Yash in the present. Like the swing and anything that involves the kids are absolutely fine. But when she engages him on one-to-one as a husband-wife, can there be any other description. 

Whether by G3's mandate or by her own desires, she does want Yash to fall in love with her, and does hope to take the place of his wife. That is a fact. Everything else is just semantics, however which we look at it. 

The reason it will come to a show-down is that Yash for his own reasons, has explained umpteen number of times that Aarti shouldn't try to take the place of Arpita, which to his mind is that of a wife. Yet, Aarti while reassuring him that she's not, carries herself in a manner that's quite contrary, and teases him.  It seems like she wants to show how weak Yash is in his stance, in the face of her charms.  This feeling came to me loud and clear in the bangle scenario which didn't seem as innocent as we make it to be. She's totally coming on to him every step of the way. And hence, I felt disappointed that she was not respecting his boundaries. 

If there's a so what coming. I'd agree that it is no big deal and in fact it'd be for the best. It will only force Aarti to be honest to his face. The backroom manipulations, plottings, and the womanly/wifely viles will come to an end.  I want this relationship to move naturally and not on pumped steroids with one manipulating the feelings.  It feels underhanded, in a way. 

yulinCharishmakriti07Pearl_27nirmalac99angakeSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06

Charishma Goldie
Charishma
Charishma

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Okay, so random and off topic post. lol Mine are usually essays or completely off topic.

So last couple weeks I've been watching Na Bola Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha.

Can I just cry in here for a few minutes??? I fell in love with this show. Omg, so so sweet. And then they went and (in just the space of a few weeks) made it such garbage. If there is someone here who watches it, and has a different perspective, please share. I really need something to save me from the brink of despair.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Allbut1jyoti06pickachu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index